Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: -* Starting MC today!! - Anyone want a buddy?! -*
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:58 am 

Im starting my MC today. I have done the MC two times before. One for 10 days and the other for 4 days. Its been about a year since I have done my last MC.

Im hoping to make it to 10 days again and would LOVE a MC buddy! The first 3-4 days is usually the hardest and it would be great to have someone to not only motivate, but complain to! lol

Good luck everyone!
Faith

Post subject: Re: -* Starting MC today!! - Anyone want a buddy?! -*
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:17 am 

Hi Faith,

I am starting today for the first time. I am both looking forward to and dreading it! What kind of results have you seen on previous cleanses?

Thanks!
Erin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:52 am 

Hi! I am starting today as well. Its almost 11am and just had water and about to make my lemonade and drink the tea at night. I have attempted this maaaany times over the past few yrs and only made it to two days. I don't wanna give up!!!

go us!

keep us updated, guys on how your days and you're feeling.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:04 am 

I'm starting today too!

I am so glad there are others starting at the same time, I've done the cleanse once before about a year and a half ago for 12 days. I tend to have a tough time with cravings so I hope with support from each other it will be easier!

Good luck to you!

Stacie

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:27 am 

Starting today as well. Awesome to have so many people starting on the same day.

How long is everyone going for?
I'm hoping for 20-30 days.

I've done the cleanse 5 or 6 times over the past 2 years.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:48 am 

Hi All,

I've also started today. Previously, I did two 10-day fasts (first ~ 2 years ago, second ~ 1.5 year ago) and a 5-day fast (~1 year ago). This time I hope to do a 10-day fast. As before, I'm doing this mostly for cleansing. During the previous fasts, I've noticed that my digestive and respiratory systems cleaned nicely. Of course, I always lost some weight but have no idea how many lbs since I didn't weigh myself.
The first day is going well. I'm not hungry but I miss my coffee and I feel very sleepy. Luckily, I was busy so didn't fall asleep at work (but was yawning at a meeting). I'll try to get home earlier tonight to get a good rest.
I hope everybody is doing well :-)
Maya

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:37 pm 

This is great to have so many people starting today!! Im so excited!

Eirenh,
My results from my first 10 day cleanse was 8 pounds. I felt so much better while on it (aside from the first 3-4 days - those days are a BIG bummer). My second which was 4 days, I lost 3 pounds.

I really hope to stick with it. Im super hungry right now! The hungry pains are actually pretty painfully. Now I get to go cook the family dinner! Oh huray! :( lol I know the first few days are the hardest!! Hang in there guys!!

Faith

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:22 pm 

Oh, the first day is such a bummer. The worst part was ~5-6 pm. I felt so tired, wanted to eat, even though I wasn't really hungry, and got a headache. I was on a verge of giving up. Somehow I talked myself out of eating, did some light yoga, and I'm in a much better position now. I am not ready to give up yet. :D
I hope you guys have better time

Maya

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:46 am 

Faith--you had to cook dinner for other people while doing this? What torture! Sorry about that.

Maya--way to hang in there! I think doing something active like you did is the way to go when you feel like giving up.

SunDiego--don't give up!

Baycitygirl--12 days is a long time to have done this for, nice work! Does it get any easier toward the end or just harder?

animalchin--I have to give you credit for shooting for the 20-30 days. That's a huge commitment. Have you done the cleanse for that long in previous times?

I'm doing OK. I actually haven't felt any hunger yet really but I do feel a little tired. Of course, I'm only on the 2nd morning so I'm sure I'll feel hungry at some point. I'm not quite sure how long I will do it for. I figure I will shoot for 3 days and see how it's going and potentially continue on for the full 10.

Couple questions--I am having some pain in my right shoulder muscle. This is nothing new--I've had an injury that gives me problems from time to time. The pain is more pronounced than usual though--esp considering I haven't over-used the shoulder lately. I am guessing this is because I'm in the detox phase and the toxins are circulating about the blood stream. The book does mention this can happen--pain in joints and things of that nature--while this is going on. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:16 am 

eirenh, hi, how are you doing? you know it did get easier for me. it's true the first 2-3 days are the hardest!

for some reason i am having a really hard time this time. I ended up eating a cookie last night. but i have my family to cook for everyday and we also have meals for missionaries twice a week. aarrrgghhh!!

i need stronger will power!!! i am not considering one cookie a break in the fast (although die-hard mastercleansers would) i am going to continue on and hope i make it through today!!!! i keep telling myself that i did it before i can do it again.

i lost 22 lbs the first i did it. i am hoping to go for 20 days this time. i ended up falling back into old habits of quick, fast food and gain back 25 lbs. i feel like yuck!! my main goal is to feel better and get some energy back, the weight lass will be great though!

it's not that i get hungry. i just think about the junk food that's in my kitchen all day! i have a major sweet tooth especially around 10:30pm.

i didn't do the SWF the first time and i tried it this time all that happens is that i throw it up. the thought of drinking it now makes me gag. i do the tea morning and night and so far it is working pretty well.

the first time i did the cleanse i was pretty achy through the detox process, i had really bad leg aches, especially at night, and headachy, but they both passed. i also got a little light-headed, so i would advise everyone to stand up slowly!!

this can be done, i did it! and you will be so happy that you did!!!

this forum is a great place for keeping your will-power up! the first time it did it i read and re-read everything on here! especially the success stories! i tried to stay away from any thread that the topic mentioned any kind of problem or anyone having a hard time. i know that sound mean or selfish and i should have been supportive to them, but i found that i started to doubt myself more and worrying that it was going to be too hard later instead of focusing on one day at a time. that's why i think it great to have a group like this one that starts together so we can help each other along through the same stages in a positive way.

i am looking forward to talking to you all throughout our journey together. good luck and stay strong!
Stacie :D

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm 

Eirenh,

Yes this has happen to me! Its not fun at all. I actually have gal stones, and they generally dont bother me. But when I start my cleanse, its a nightmare! I have cronic attacks. Last night I couldnt sit/stand straight or I would have sharp pains. I couldnt even breath in very deep. My first cleanse was the worst with detox symptoms. I felt faint at times, dizzy, headaches,nauseous, body aches and of course EXTREME fatigue. The morning of day 4 I awoke without a head ache! I was so excited! lol By the end of day 4 I felt better. Day 5 was great! Now, I did have hungry pains still through the whole process. I didnt feel hungry, but the tummy rumbling was always there.

Hang in there! It gets better I promise! It can be pretty hard the first few days. Experiencing all these symptoms makes you think "can this really be healthy if i feel like this?" and it is. You can do it!

Faith

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:27 pm 

Thanks for the encouragement, Faith! I had gallstones before and it was the worst pain of my life so I know how you feel! I actually had my gallbladder out in college. I hope you start feeling better!

I did pretty well today--got a little hungry around 4 pm but have been fine other than just craving a couple things. I worked out at the gym tonight--nothing crazy--but I was fine with energy levels.

I was wondering about this though--do you think I could go in the sauna? I enjoy doing that but I'm not sure if it's a good idea while doing this? Regularly I know that this is good for you as it helps you sweat out the toxins. I'm thinking that this is just another form of elimination and would be acceptable...what do you all think?

Also, how many days does it take to come off the cleanse if you only do it for 3 or 4 days?

Thanks!
Erin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:34 pm 

Stacie--I agree about the cookie. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. Just get back on the saddle and keep going :) That is rough you have to do all that cooking as well! I definitely have it easy not having to do that. Hang in there!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:36 pm 

Keep thinking of more things I forgot to ask about! Has anyone done the SWF on one cleanse and not done it on the other? What was that like? Stacie--sorry to hear you had a bad experience with it.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:32 am 

eirenh - the sauna is a great complement to the cleanse - it will help you eliminate the toxins faster.

Just make sure you drink extra water. :D