|Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet
|Thoughts, Recommendations, Links & Resources
|Page 1 of 4|
|Author:||SHC [ Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:32 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Thoughts, Recommendations, Links & Resources|
Here are some thoughts and recommendations based on my MC fast so far as well as what I found most useful from my initial research of the many other threads and articles I've read...
* Vary the lemonade. Try limes (I liked them better than lemons), make it over ice, drink it as a hot toddy at night.
* Try taking the cayenne as a "shot" separately from the lemonade. For me it's easier and the lemonade is then MUCH more enjoyable. I put the 1/10 tsp. cayenne into a little water (approx 1 tbls.) and "shoot" it immediately before it gets any hotter. Then I can take my time enjoying the lemonade right after. I'm sure it gets mixed inside. If you're worried jump up and down to mix it after you finish (a little joke)!
* Try to drink the lemonade on a schedule of every 2-3 hours. It keeps the blood sugar level constant and reduces/eliminates cravings. If you still have cravings and are taking less than the 2 tbls. of maple syrup (I use only 1 tbls to increase the weight loss) then add more syrup. If you still have hunger take the next drink sooner. Make sure you drink at least 6 x 8oz of them each day even if your not hungry.
* Get the best quality organic lemons/limes you can find regardless of the cost. The smaller, thin skinned lemons are ideal! Even if you spend $1 or more per lemon it is still a lot less than what you spend on one meal you would normally eat. If you can't find them, really scrub non-organic lemonslimes to remove the pesticide. Unfortunately, no one knows how much pesticide or chemical fertalizer gets absorbed throught the fruit's skin.
* Celtic Sea Salt Fine Ground (Whole Foods) is a GREAT non-iodized salt for the SWF!
* Start drinking lemonade about a 30-45 minutes after you drink the SWF. It seems to speed things along.
* Try Smooth Move Peppermint flavor. It tastes pretty good and works just as well.
* Drink a LOT of water. You hear/read that all the time about every fast and every diet but it's even more important on the MC. It helps flush out the toxins and keeps you feeling full.
* Shower/bathe often, at least twice a day. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and it excretes toxins even if you're not sweating. Wash those bad boys away and make both your inside and outside "sparkly"!
* Try using a tongue scraper & brush often especially during the first days or until your tongue turns pink.
* Exercise every day. You'll feel SO MUCH better as well as have that motivational endorphan rush. Try to work up a good sweat as it helps increase the excretion of toxins. If you can't do a workout at least go for a long walk.
Favorite Herbal Teas (Caffeine Free):
* Choice Organic Peppermint
* Numi Organic Moroccan Mint
* Celestial Seasonings Decaf Mandarian Orchard Green Tea
* Twinings Peach & Passion Fruit Herbal Tea (great cold as an iced tea!)
Stages of Fasting:
Coming off the MC:
Raw Food Site:
Bio K (Probiotic):
http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwa ... ulator.htm
Kari Jo's 40 day Juice/MC (inspirational!) thread:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/fashi ... ref=slogin
* The Master Cleanse by Stanely Burroughs - The "bible"
* Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin - Two young, hip girls gave it that title to be cool and sell books but it is in fact a great, well researched book about how your body processes food and even more important how that food is processsed by the food industry. It's an eye opener (especially the sections on the Meat, Chicken and Dairy industry) and even if you don't become a Vegan (I didn't) it will change your thinking and your life!
* You on a Diet - Not really for the diet BUT pages 209-231 have a fantastic, low-impact set of exercises that you can do at home during the MC. They focus on the waist and large muscles. Read it in the bookstore and take notes.
* Raw un-cookbooks recommeded by Kari Jo:
Raw in Ten Minutes
The Raw Gourmet
|Author:||SHC [ Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:20 am ]|
Two additional recommendations I want to add:
* Many people have reported that they had increasingly sensitive teeth after about 5 days on the MC. Those who did the MC for more than 14 days had serious sensitivity for quite a long time after they finished. Also, the acid in the lemons/limes leeches enamal from the teeth. So I recommend drinking the lemonade through a straw and then rinsing or brushing right after.
* Use baby wipes (natural, unscented of course)
|Author:||rawveggirl [ Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:38 pm ]|
Wow! These are really great resources, and your summary seems quite comprehensive. Well done, and thanks for sharing!
|Author:||rawveggirl [ Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:41 pm ]|
I also read "Skinny Bitch". I think it is THE best book on nutrition to date, and it inspired me to completely change my eating habits.
People, read this book!
|Author:||JAM [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:54 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Something I would like to add to this|
Something I wanted to add to this sticky:
For all you newcomers I thought I'd share a few things:
-Please follow the MC to the letter, as Mr. Burroughs intended. There is no need to add or take away anything from the program, doing so can compromise the success of your cleanse and even your health.
-If you are on ANY medication, talk to your doctor BEFORE starting the MC, as the cleanse can render many medication (like birth control pills!) ineffective, or otherwise interfere with the drugs you are taking. Especially speak with your regular doctor if you plan to stop taking any meds while on the cleanse!
-Probiotics after any cleanse are imperative. You can search the forum for more details but suffice to say that without them you can get very sick by allowing bad bacteria to take control of your digestive tract once the cleanse ends. Have these on hand BEFORE you begin the cleanse, so that if you fall short of your goal you have them ready and waiting.
-Remember that the Tea is designed to loosen and the Salt Water flushes. Either part taken without the other is only half as effective. Even though the book says you can sub the tea if you must for the SW, he does not mean every day - it's more of an emergency alternative for when you simply cannot do the SWF for some reason.
-Organic lemons are key, as non-organic lemons are loaded with chemicals you are trying to rid your body of. No point in cleansing if you are going to use chemical-laden fruit. YES, the chemicals and toxins DO get into the fruit. Lemon skin is porous, things seep in, and the ground non-organic fruit is grown in is also rich in toxins which seep up into the plant with its water intake.
-You should make your lemonade as close to the time you intend to drink it as possible. That said, it is acceptable to squeeze your lemon juice in the morning for the day's tonic. You could then bring the juice, water, maple, and cayenne with you in separate containers, mixing as needed during the day. I like to squeeze a day's worth of lemons in the morning, then prepare two 3-glass batches to bring to work/school as breakfast and lunch, waiting until the time I am drinking to add the cayenne so it doesn't sit and get too spicy. When I get home I make one or two more glasses of tonic for dinner to use up the rest of the lemon juice. This way its all as fresh as possible - within reason of our busy schedules!
-Remember 10 days is the suggested minimum. I always liken it to the first 20 minutes of any workout at the gym - relatively useless on it's own, it's a warm-up period for your body and it's what happens after that warm-up that is really where the benefits and action happen. Ten days is the time it takes to flush the digestive tract out and for your body to fully switch over to using it's fat resources for energy, thereby releasing toxins stored within. The longer past 10 days you go, the more cleansed your body will become, and the more deeply stored toxins will be able to be removed. Give your body a chance to really cleanse, you won't regret it!
-PLEASE READ THE BOOK! So many questions are answered there, and you can save yourself a lot of time and effort trying to figure things out on your own. Plus, there is a lot of important information about properly breaking the fast.
use bottled/filtered/distilled water
use fresh lemons
drink all of the salt water mix
you can cut your maple syrup qty in half to induce greater weight loss if needed (i go full strength the first 3 days to get me through!)
alter ingredients or formulas
add supplements not part of the cleanse
mistake detox symptoms for "being sick"!!!
The first 3 days are the worst (2 and 3 typically). Expect headaches, nausea, and flu-like symptoms. The first load of toxins to go are those readily accessible in your digestive tract. As these loosen and flush out, you will feel the effects! Caffeine withdrawal also hurts! As the detox progresses, it's not over! As your body uses up stored fat, stored toxins are also released into the system creating periods of detox symptoms. Landmark days tend to be 5, 7, 10, and then intermittent periods throughout the rest of a lengthy cleanse. Don't give up and mistake these cleansing waves as "My body is telling me to stop" or "The detox is making me sick"! Your body is just getting RID of The Sick and you're going to feel it. Always drink a lot of water and take it easy. The more water you drink, the faster these symptoms will pass.
I hope all this info helps, I am sure other MC'ers will have pearls of wisdom to share, but I thought I'd get this out there for anyone new.
We're all going to do fantastic!
|Author:||NG2H2 [ Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:39 am ]|
|Post subject:||Another tip|
Don't kill yourself with the diet tea. Make a weak tea (one teabag to two cups water) and drink no more than 4-6 oz. at a time - bedtime and in the morning are good times. This way you will have more natural movements, no 'running' to the bathroom and none of the cramping some people complain of.
|Author:||khughes0204 [ Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:21 am ]|
|Post subject:||The Book|
The link providing the Stanley Burrough's book in PDF file, is this the actual book with all its content? I want to make sure I'm following the book accordingly.
I've been searching for the book at local bookstores and everyone seems to be out of stock. The world must be on this cleanse!
|Author:||JAM [ Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:10 am ]|
Yes the link is just an electronic format...it should be the entire book and it is free to print, save, download onto your computer.
|Author:||ibeginz [ Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:13 pm ]|
I have "Skinny Bitch" on my nightstand at home and read a chapter over again each night. It is a great eye opener and motivational tool to remind me to eat healthy.
|Author:||articshark [ Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:16 pm ]|
Here is a link to Wikipedia regarding probiotics.
Here is an Elson Haas , MD's article regarding detox.
Hope this answers some questions and helps.
Another tip... before you ask a question read the tips and info stickies, do a search of the forum (the button is toward the top next to FAQ) and do a google search for basic concepts. This helps to cut down on repeat posts regarding the same subject. Be a little proactive.
|Author:||ladyj [ Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:46 pm ]|
|Post subject:||is anybody....|
All I have to say is, along with the MC drink plenty of water, too. I am breaking out in little bumps due to the lemons and limes I'm consuming. I have been on the fast for 26 days and I am doing fine except for these bumps on my chest area. Man I am uncomfortable, but I am doing fine other wise.
|Author:||LittleMan [ Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:58 am ]|
SHC and JAM ... i appreciate the info. very informative. was on a 'modified' version of the diet according to someone who had told me about it, and i will make corrections. have been on the cleanse for 9 days now and am going to be on it for at least 21 days. i developed kidney stones following a spinal injury in 2005. have been healing since. so, i'm not just interested in losing weight (which i am).
had the same problem with sensitivity to my teeth. your suggestion makes sense. thank you.
was not doing the salt water flush. consequences of that, if any?
i was not able to download or read the pdf. file with mr burrough's book. did anyone else have that problem?
also, does one need to have 1/10 cayenne pepper with [u]EACH 8 oz. glass of lemonade[/u]? i was making 24 oz. and adding 1/10 tspn to that. then drinking it through the morning ... then another later in the day/evening. the 'shot' sounds like a great idea, too. would enjoy the lemonade more.
have been drinking over a gallon of water a day including the drinks ... spring water. is distilled water okay to drink, too?
you made some very helpful suggestions with reading material, as well. so, here's something that may be of interest to the those of you who are on the path to healing ... as you see fit. i read a wonderful book by louise l. hay ... You Can Heal Your Life. it speaks to the true nature of all disease. it comes from within. dis-ease. when we are troubled about ... anything ... it shows up in the body. i hope to hear from anyone who can help me with the questions i asked. thanks, again.
these are some of my thoughts about what i've learned over the years. if they resonate with you ... excellent! if not, they're just my thoughts. powerful to me, but harmless enough to those who disagree:
our bodies reflect our thoughts. they do. and thought is the greatest power in the universe. it is pure energy. without it, nothing happens. thought leads to the source of all creation ... love. our emotions (love and its opposite ... fear) are the result of our thoughts and are very, very powerful. and, when the body is weakened by our negative thoughts (negative energy - everything is made of energy, positive or negative), it is 'made' vulnerable. when we expose our body to toxins and chemicals that we put into it from all the processed foods we eat, we suffer illness. i've been healing myself emotionally and combining this with the master cleanse diet in order to make myself whole ... complete. i am learning to let go of the hurt from my past to embrace the future. it's a journey.
|Author:||Taro Finnian [ Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:58 pm ]|
i noticed you listed a couple caffiene free teas to drink along with the cleanse, but does it matter if they have caffiene... yerba mate? green tea? red tea? of course all organic.
|Author:||bootsy [ Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:37 pm ]|
Distilled water is a good choice : )
|Author:||Cleaner [ Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:15 pm ]|
Another site with a wealth of fasting information and after cleanse ideas and recipes on the boards.
http://www.freedomyou.com/level%202/Fas ... 0Guide.htm
Recipes for after MC
Blessings as you Enjoy!!
|Page 1 of 4||All times are UTC - 10 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group