[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Intense workout! (help)

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Intense workout! (help)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 am 

Hi Everyone,

I was on the master cleanse for like 4-5 days then I stopped. I decided to try a different approach by counting calories and doing intense workout. My wedding is coming on mid December I thought hopefully I could lose weight by eating right and working out like a maniac. I am frustrated at this moment, I've been working out for close to a week now and I didn't drop a pound :shock: even though I ate very little (eating steamed veggies, lean turkey sandwich, drinking lots of water, etc.).

Now I wanna go back doing the MC for 2 weeks and this time around give it my 110% and accomplish my goal. My question is could I still do moderate to intense workout while I'm on the MC? I don't wanna sit around and depend on MC and end up gaining 10 pounds on my honeymoon (Yes I wanna enjoy time with hubby and eat normal). Now I wanna actually burn fat and lose inches. Is it possible to do MC while I'm working out?

Below is my workout schedule for the past few days (and will continue to do, I will add to it as I progress).

Morning Workout:

- 10 min Cardio

- 6 min of "Butt blasting" (it's a butt workout)

- 6 min of lower body (hips, glutes & thighs)

- 11 min of Pilates abs workout

Afternoon workout:

- 10 min of Cardio kickboxing

- 10 min with shake weight (biceps, triceps and shoulders)

- 8 min of lower body workout

Night time workout:

- 15 min of Jogging/Running/Walking

- 43 min 6 circut with Jillian Micheals

^Now the above is my daily workout schedule from Mon-Fri, I have a different routine for the weekends.

Saturday:

- Do Boot camp workouts with "Spankpeople" (this great channel I found on Youtube. My aim is to follow at least 3-4 workout videos, since it's "boot camp" it's intense).

- 15 min of Walking/Jogging/ Running

Sunday:

This will be my "Resting Period", my muscles need to rest. However I will walk for 30 min or so.

^I'm basically working out over 700 min a week, could I sustain this workout schedule and be on the MC for 2 weeks? And will this help speed up my weight loss? If I keep up the workout routine and complete my 2 week MC, how much weight loss would I be looking it? (I'm only working out so I can keep the weight off!).

I'm 5'6".5 and I now weigh 150, I'm not big but I'd love to get down to 126 Or fit into my size 27 jeans! by December 15th.

Post subject: Re: Intense workout! (help)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:20 pm 

Hi PowerPuff,

I think i will sound like a broken record, but i'll say it anyway. The MC's main purpose is to cleanse, not to lose the weight. Altho indirectly it does make a person lose weight. Now to answer ur question, each body reacts differently, so no one can actually say which is the right thing to do for anyone else, in terms of how many mins of ecercises one must do. It really depends on ur own body. However, IMHO, one should not exercise vigorously during the MC as we don't get solid foods that can give us the necessary energy needed. Not trying to scare u, but sometimes during the MC, one will feel hungry (sometimes really hungry) and in this condition, it is impossible to be doing any exercise at all.

But u can give it a try tho, see how it goes for u. Take it one day at a time - if u feel hungry and u don't have enough energy to do the exercises u have planned, then just skip it. Try again the next day.

If u wanna lose weight, another tip u can try is take the Cabbage Soup. It's supposed to make one lose weight. Google for it. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:05 pm 

Thanks for the response athene. I was looking at this cabbage soup diet and I read the 7 day eating plan...is this for real? :shock: all it's saying is eat,eat, eat, eat. And you're expected to lose 10 pounds?

Someone please tell me if this thing is a joke.
----------------------------------------
Remember: This diet should only be followed for 7 days at a time, with at least two weeks in between.

Day One:
Fruit: Eat all of the fruit you want (except bananas). Eat only your soup and the fruit for the first day. For drinks- unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.

Day Two:
Vegetables: Eat until you are stuffed will all fresh, raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. Try to eat leafy green vegetables and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. Eat all the vegetables you want along with your soup. At dinner, reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter. Do not eat fruit today.

Day Three:
Mix Days One and Two: Eat all the soup, fruits and vegetables you want. No Baked Potato.

Day Four:
Bananas and Skim Milk: Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you would like on this day, along with your soup. This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.

Day Five:
Beef And Tomatos: Ten to twenty ounces of beef and up to six fresh tomtoes. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your soup at least once this day. You may eat broiled or baked chicken instead of beef (but absolutely no skin-on chicken). If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef one one of the beef days (but not both).

Day Six:
Beef and Vegetables: Eat to your heart's content of beef and vegetables this day. You can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like, with leafy green vegetables. No Baked Potato. Eat your soup at least once.

Day Seven:
Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables: Again stuff, stuff, stuff yourself. Be sure to eat your soup at least once this day.
-------------------------------

^Are they for real?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 pm 

If I was you, I would do MC if you can handle it since you can detox your body and lose weight at the same time. Just don't weight training while you are on it since there is no protein on the diet. You can work out as hard as you want as long as your body can handle it. I did 1 hour steps class & 1 hour of hip hop class in one day. Just don't overexercise that you want to give up the whole thing.

About cabbage diet, it did work for me 10 yrs ago. I did 1 week out of a month. My stomach was so small. You probably can lose 6 lbs a week since you are not that much overweight. MC is easier for me as in energy level but on cabbage diet .. you never feel hungry.. but the 2nd day is real bad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:44 pm 

Hi PowerPuff,

The original recipe does not have any baked potatoes, only BOILED potatoes (and strictly NO butter). Ur not supposed to use salt, sugar or any kind of flavors at all and certainly no soft drinks, eg. Coke, Pepsi, etc. The soup needs to be eaten as it is (in its original flavor). It was stated that the cabbage soup won't add to the calory and it will actually burn more calory than ur actually taking. It was also stated that the original recipe was actually meant for patients with heart problem who needed to undergo heart surgery but couldn't because of their weight. So the hospital (specifically one of the hospitals in Maryland) gave the recipe to those patients to reduce their weight in order to make them able to undergo the surgery. That's what i read. So it's up to u whether to believe it or not. I was just sharing the tips with u since u said u needed to lose weight.

P.S From feedbacks, ppl reported that they have lost between 3-17kgs in a week. I personally haven't tried it yet as i just finished my MC, but i WILL try it out perhaps next week.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:59 pm 

The Cabbage Soup diet does work. I did it off and on for 1 yr and lost 60 lbs, and kept it off. Most diets will work if done correctly. The thing is, you have to adopt a better way of eating after the weight loss, or you will regain the weight if you go back to your former eating habits.
HTH
8)

MC #1 Oct-Nov 2010....30 days..MC #2 Jan 2011 10-14 days

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:13 am 

Cabbage soup works, it has been my mum's go to diet whenever she put on extra weight. She did Callenetics and the soup for 2 months and would lose many sizes and gain lots of toned muscle.
But beware... the soup is bland... I repeat the soup is BLAND.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:32 am 

The Cabbage Soup can be bland, but make it more interesting by adding Herbs and Spices. It does not affect the results. I have added things like Cilantro, Jalapeno, Italian Seasoning, and Basil etc.

HTH

8)

MC #1 Oct-Nov 2010....30 days..MC #2 Jan 2011 10-14 days

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:35 am 

I would carefully examine your reasons for losing this weight before your wedding. It sounds like you have good motivation now, but what will happen after December? A recent study shows that the #1 complaint of married men is that their wives looked great for the wedding, and then gained all if not more of the weight back afterwards. Make sure you are able to continue with your health, even after you no longer have a prominent reason to do so.

Regarding your question about keeping up with your workout routine, what's so hard about giving it a try for yourself, and seeing how your body reacts? There's no cut and dry equation for it - everyone responds to the cleanse differently. I personally have a hard time for the first 5 days with my energy levels, so usually keep it to a long walk or low-key yoga practice. After a while, I develop more energy and can handle a little more. Again, everyone is different. The only way to really find out is to do it yourself. There's also no set way to determine how much weight you will lose during this time. Some people do not lose ANY weight on the cleanse, so please keep that in mind.