Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: The key to the rough patches (for me, at least)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:24 pm 

Hi there, I'm on my first ever cleanse, Day 4 of 10. Perhaps I'll post a journal when it's done, but for right now I was just inspired to share what exactly it was that got me through my worst Day 2 and 3 moments. Here's my advice - and for some of you, it'll be obvious and not helpful:

Make time to read and watch materials about the state of our country's food production that would have formally grossed or out or depressed you when you were eating. Seriously, what better time to gross yourself out completely than when you can't eat and you don't want to be hungry. For me, I lined up FOOD, INC. (amazing, disturbing documentary), FOOD MATTERS (revolutionary info in here for the uninformed), and of course FAST FOOD NATION (the book, preferably) is a staple. Even re-reading or re-watching these things is useful to the "reprogramming" you're doing during your week.

Because when we watch or read things like this as food "sinners", the material is appealing to our GUILT and our FEAR, tapping into those negative motivating buttons. When you experience it on a fast, however, it accesses your PRIDE and MOTIVATION, because you're already walking the path at that point, you just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

So just when you're craving that juicy cheeseburger, why not go remind yourself where that cheeseburger will be coming from? For me, it quelled my hunger, and renewed my motivation. And now the reading/watching materials are changing to things that will help me shape my new diet. Something reasonable - I'd love to go raw, but being realistic is key, here. I find myself looking forward to clean, organic ingredients, going to the Farmer's Market on Saturday, and meeting the new challenge of making tasty food with ingredients that don't poison my body.

I understand, again, for some of you experienced people in the land of good health, you're already way ahead and during your cleanse you're probably craving kale or broccoli or something, but for many others I think it's helpful. This tends to turn into just a sort of climb-mount-everest experience where people are only "getting through it" and exercising willpower. But it's really a time for schooling and education and refocusing. If you don't have a plan for where you want to end up on the other side, I can see why the weight would come back for most people, and the habits too.

For the record, I'm a 31 year-old male, 5'11", 165 lbs (at the start) who is doing this to reclaim health and healthy habits, not to lose weight. What I tell myself is that this process isn't about healing my body, more about opening up the doors in my mind so that I CAN heal my body and nurture it over time. It's a launching pad, and clearly a great one. But just a launching pad, nothing more.

My very best to all of you on your journeys!