I am female, age 52, height 4'11', weight 106 pounds (before edema, before MC), currently 111 lb with edema and fluid.
2) I was taking thyroid (hypothyroid, TSH 8.5) medication and statin (for cholesterol, my LDL was 200, HDL 85, triglycerides 61). Hence I was doing the cleanse and I continued these meds. I have not sweated since I was 10 years old and fever is a killer for me (but I don't get it often)
My blood test before the cleanse was normal (electrolyte balance). After the 10 days, my thyroid and cholesterol numbers were normal, but my electrolytes had dropped.
Hyponatremia is very dangerous.
3. I bought the maple syrup from the amazon site and its marked Dark amber maple syrup grade C.
4. I did not know about the colon blockage- my BP was very labile during the second cleanse and bothered me a lot. I suspect that that (not the psyllium or bentonite caused it, as it did not give any trouble previously)
5. about the pottasium requirement it is indeed over 3500 mg (a bit more for women is necessary- the hospital gave me a handout and asked me to keep 4100 mg
recommended by USDA-- a simple electrolyte supplement and taking a little salt may just do the trick.
For example, see www.csrees.usda.gov/nea/food/pdfs/hhs_facts_sodium.pdf
(see the percentage
6. If the specific gravity of the SWF is same is blood there is no retention (I mixed the Celtic sea salt in a quart of lukewarm water and had it) and it got flushed out.
6. My first MC (4 months before) was perfect- I had no trouble (though I did it exactly the same). Hopefully this edema will resolve soon.
Am tempted to get back on the cleanse to clear the edema, but feel I have to wait a couple of months at least.
Good luck to all of you. Am done on this for now. have a great day.