Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:14 pm 

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience and information.

Yesterday is my first day, also first time, on the MC. I found that I took the lemonade only three times. I did not feel very hungry.

Today, I see that I can squeeze in 5 lemonades.

How does this affect my MC, if I do not have the minimum of six lemonades per day?

Thanks a lot for emphasizing the need to drink more water during the MC. I forgot that because I do not feel very hungry..

Thanks.
Jim

Post subject: Great Post Karijo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:16 am 

[color=blue][/color]
I have done the 10 day and I am enjoying my first lemonade as I write this for a 20+ day cleanse I am about to embark on. Anyone else reading Karijo's post should know she is right on point.

Thanks

Post subject: question
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:08 pm 

This is very confusing. As I am reading I am feeling like I don't want to use this site to learn more about the cleanse. You are saying that it is not a diet when the book clearly calls it a diet and also that it is not a reducing diet (weight loss) when the book states on pg 14 that "Yes, the lemonade diet is a reducing diet, but much more."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:57 pm 

Liz...don't worry about it....

SOME people prefer to not think of it as a diet because THEY don't need to diet.....so what?

some people prefer not to think of it as a diet even if they DO need to lose a few....

dieting has a stigma...it's like saying "I'm fat"...instead of I'm unhealthy...or I'm cleansing "spiritually"...

what the hell's the difference I say.....

I have been using the cleanse to lose weight...is it a diet? no....

but it is a way to deal with emotional overeating and lose weight at the same time...

if you can't eat...then you have to choose different behaviors and methods for dealing with emotions and insecurities.....these new methods can become life long habits....

if you use your "cleansing time" to reevaluate your relationship to food and find new healthy ways to deal with emotions besides burying them with food, then will will have achieved more than just losing weight...you will have cured yourself....

I don't see anything wrong with that....

"we're gonna need a bigger boat!"

"I ain't no holla back girl!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:09 am 

AMEN! to Startingover. People are so caught up in diet and nondiet issues. Who cares? I think its what you make of it. I am on here for both cleansing and for losing weight. And of course you get both whenever you are on the Master Cleansing. Its awesome. Liz dont let it discourage you. You make of it what you want it to be. But just remember whatever it is, you will reap the awesome benefits of it.

So lets have a happy cleansing/diet!!

Post subject: Re: For all you newcomers I thought I'd share... by Kari Jo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:34 pm 

dan wrote:
karijo wrote:
For all you newcomers I thought I'd share a few things:

-Please follow the MC to the letter, as Mr. Burroughs intended. There is no need to add or take away anything from the program, doing so can compromise the success of your cleanse and even your health.

-If you are on ANY medication, talk to your doctor BEFORE starting the MC, as the cleanse can render many medications (like birth control pills!) ineffective, or otherwise interfere with the drugs you are taking. Especially speak with your regular doctor if you plan to stop taking any meds while on the cleanse!

-Probiotics after any cleanse are imperative. You can search the forum for more details but suffice to say that without them you can get very sick by allowing bad bacteria to take control of your digestive tract once the cleanse ends. Have these on hand BEFORE you begin the cleanse, so that if you fall short of your goal you have them ready and waiting.

-Remember that the Tea is designed to loosen and the Salt Water flushes. Either part taken without the other is only half as effective. Even though the book says you can sub the tea if you must for the SW, he does not mean every day - it's more of an emergency alternative for when you simply cannot do the SWF for some reason.

-Organic lemons are key, as non-organic lemons are loaded with chemicals you are trying to rid your body of. No point in cleansing if you are going to use chemical-laden fruit. YES, the chemicals and toxins DO get into the fruit. Lemon skin is porous, things seep in, and the ground non-organic fruit is grown in is also rich in toxins which seep up into the plant with its water intake.

-You should make your lemonade as close to the time you intend to drink it as possible. That said, it is acceptable to squeeze your lemon juice in the morning for the day's tonic. You could then bring the juice, water, maple, and cayenne with you in separate containers, mixing as needed during the day. I like to squeeze a day's worth of lemons in the morning, then prepare two 3-glass batches to bring to work/school as breakfast and lunch, waiting until the time I am drinking to add the cayenne so it doesn't sit and get too spicy. When I get home I make one or two more glasses of tonic for dinner to use up the rest of the lemon juice. This way its all as fresh as possible - within reason of our busy schedules!

-Remember 10 days is the suggested minimum. I always liken it to the first 20 minutes of any workout at the gym - relatively useless on it's own, it's a warm-up period for your body and it's what happens after that warm-up that is really where the benefits and action happen. Ten days is the time it takes to flush the digestive tract out and for your body to fully switch over to using it's fat resources for energy, thereby releasing toxins stored within. The longer past 10 days you go, the more cleansed your body will become, and the more deeply stored toxins will be able to be removed. Give your body a chance to really cleanse, you won't regret it!

-PLEASE READ THE BOOK! So many questions are answered there, and you can save yourself a lot of time and effort trying to figure things out on your own. Plus, there is a lot of important information about properly breaking the fast.

-YES:
use bottled/filtered/distilled water
use fresh lemons
drink all of the salt water mix
you can cut your maple syrup qty in half to induce greater weight loss if needed (i go full strength the first 3 days to get me through!)

-DONT:
skip steps
alter ingredients or formulas
add supplements not part of the cleanse
mistake detox symptoms for "being sick"!!!

The first 3 days are the worst (2 and 3 typically). Expect headaches, nausea, and flu-like symptoms. The first load of toxins to go are those readily accessible in your digestive tract. As these loosen and flush out, you will feel the effects! Caffeine withdrawal also hurts! As the detox progresses, it's not over! As your body uses up stored fat, stored toxins are also released into the system creating periods of detox symptoms. Landmark days tend to be 5, 7, 10, and then intermittent periods throughout the rest of a lengthy cleanse. Don't give up and mistake these cleansing waves as "My body is telling me to stop" or "The detox is making me sick"! Your body is just getting RID of The Sick and you're going to feel it. Always drink a lot of water and take it easy. The more water you drink, the faster these symptoms will pass.

I hope all this info helps, I am sure other MC'ers will have pearls of wisdom to share, but I thought I'd get this out there for anyone new.
We're all going to do fantastic!

Kari Jo

Please explain what you mean by the probiotics part? What exactly are you speaking of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:42 pm 

probiotics are dietary supplements or foods that contain live microorganisms or "good," bacteria normally found in your body. .....these microorganisms may assist with digestion or help protect against some harmful bacteria......

I don't use the supplements...I just eat good quality yogurt with active cultures such as Fage or Stonyfields.....

"we're gonna need a bigger boat!"

"I ain't no holla back girl!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:32 pm 

Quote:
if you can't eat...then you have to choose different behaviors and methods for dealing with emotions and insecurities.....these new methods can become life long habits....

if you use your "cleansing time" to reevaluate your relationship to food and find new healthy ways to deal with emotions besides burying them with food, then will will have achieved more than just losing weight...you will have cured yourself....

really good points startingover. REALLY good points. i've recently discovered that i am an emotional eater. though i'm not fat (despite the fact that i weigh a lot, my body fat is actually pretty low - like 22%), i would like to get a handle on this. i'm tired of the emotions i often feel surrounding the issue of food and eating. i also wouldn't mind losing a couple lbs -- i'll admit solely for cosmetic reasons. i didn't think this could really help me tackle my food issues (seeing as i wasn't eating or having to make good choices based on true physical hunger), but now i see that the cleanse can help me - by dealing with the underlying issue -- my emotions. thanks for the insight.

i've already learned to listen to my body more. stress, sadness or disappointment used to feel the same as hunger. i am now able to distinguish real hunger from a craving or just tiredness. i think that is the first step. now i will pay close attention to what i'm doing to deal with and soothe my emotions - now that i don't have my usual coping mechanism at my disposal. my life has not magically changed, so certainly i still have the same emotional triggers as i always did. since i'm not eating to cope, i'm obviously dealing with them in a new way. wow. i need to pay attention to what i'm doing.

Post subject: probiotics
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:57 am 

so how do you bring the probiotics back when stopping fast after 7 or 10 dyas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:48 pm 

Thanks Karijo for being so informative. Your words have really been an encouragement to me. This is day 5 for me and I have lost about 5 pounds. I was 158 now I'm 153. And I gotta admit that today I have had some nagging headaches and I did force H20 to help rid the toxins. So you are telling me that I can look forward to the headaches on day 7 , 10 and throughout the fast? That is ok it's the benefit that I am focused on. I usually walk for an hour per day but I had work and school today so I ccould only fit in 30 minutes. Well it is 12:52 am where I live. I got off work at 11:20 pm and am sleepy so hopefully I will hear from you later. Thanks again. Oh and send me any info that you have concerning the cleanse. Where can I find organic lemons?

Post subject: questioning some of the statements/advices/sugge in the post
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:42 pm 

Why does the MC have to be exactly 10 days minimum? Everybody is different and at diffrent levels of health, detox, weight, age, different diets and lifestyles. I disagree that it has to be 10 days for everyone.
Plus the first 3 days were the best for me, then gradually with every day I was feeling worse and worse. It is just the hunger and the desire to eat, no other detox symptoms.

Post subject: Agreed
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:43 am 

The first time I did it, I went for 5 days, bc the willpower to do it was not outweighing my other desires; I figured the benefits were not outweighing my own emotional stress; then I did it again for 10 days and now I am doing it again for about 5 - 7; I agree you should set a number you believe works for you; but SET it; most people I believe should go for at least 7 - 10 days, paying close attention to the clearing of their tongue to becoming pink and looking for that general radiance to know when they are clean; most people who do it are also over 20, and lived conventionally as Americans for many years, so they have developed toxins enough to need it and must watch carefully for the signs of being clean. The signs of being clean, which are discussed throughout this forum, are somewhat obvious, to the point where they feel so good and are so noticeable that you will know; so I say begin with the goal to be clean and GET CLEAN. If you are going to be rolfed, for example, that form of massage therapy, rolfing, takes about 10 sessions to work through all the connective tissue buildup of stress in your body; if I were to do it, I would rather pay the full prices and get done; I mention this bc its expensive and I wanted to be rolfed, still do, and could have gotten half the sessions done, but thought better of it; same with the cleanse; if one really wants to be clean, they should focus on that aspect in terms of the LENGTH of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:32 am 

Does anyone know how allergy meds work with the cleanse? I am going to try and not take them this week as I start, but May is my worst month for allergies.
I am hoping the cleanse wil help, but any thoughts you guys may have would be great.

Joanne

Post subject: Can someone help me??
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:37 am 

Hello every one...I need a favor. I am concerned about this diet...
Well, I must tell you that this is my second day only...never have done it before and I thought that I was following everything by the book. However, yersteday I woke up and had the SWF and went to the bathroom just like it says. Lat night I had my tea...I am drinking "Dieters tea"..I read it could be this one too and I couldn't find any other...this morning I had some of the SWF it was gross so I didn't finish it...but my concern is that I have not gone to the bathroom once today..not once, however I feel cramps and a very mild pain that even reflects on my legs...
Shouldn't I be eliminating everything inside?
I have heard that people even lose weight doing this...I've gain!!
What am I doing wrong? I am in pain and have no idea what to do...I just took another tea to see if I can go ..
Can someone help me understand this...
Also my head is hurting so bad!! I need to finish this for healthy reasons, but the way I am going...I don't know...
Help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:15 am 

I'm starting today and I have to admit that I read about this originally to lose weight, but after buying the book and seeing (slightly reluctantly) the pictures of what people lost (poop) i have to say it's changed. I want to be healthier and I'm psyched to seeand feel some results!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next