[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Salt Water Flush Problems

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Salt Water Flush Problems
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:42 pm 

For me the biggest pain about doing the Master Cleanse is the salt water flush. It is very difficult for me to get the proportion of salt to water correct. So I end up absorbing a lot of it.

I'm on my ninth Master Cleanse and the proportion of salt to water needed to flush out my system has always changed. It changes depending on what kind of salt I use.(Table, kosher, or Sea salt). It changes between one Master Cleanse and the next, and sometimes during a single Master Cleanse.

On the Cleanse I just started I decided to start with Kosher salt I started with the customary two teaspoons in a quart. Today I tried adding 2-1/4 teaspoons, and I still absorbed all of it. So tomorrow I will be trying 2-1/2 teaspoons.

Has anyone else experienced problems with settling on the correct amount of salt for the flush? And if so, what salt and in what proportion did you settle on?

Thanks.

New Yorker

Post subject: Re: Salt Water Flush Problems
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:04 pm 

No problems, I use the tea am and pm. Sorry I'm not much help, I had the same problem you describe, I also think salt is hard on the kidneys, another reason I don't use it. When I did use it, I followed the MC book guide exactly, using sea salt, non/iodized, I still retained it :shock: .

“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFuRZSV/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:14 pm 

The 2-1/2 teaspoons today didn't seem to do much either, so I'll have to decide if I should go with 2-3/4 teaspoons of Kosher salt tomorrow, or go with 2 tsp of table or sea salt. I'll leave the "morning & night" senna tea option for last.

New Yorker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:31 am 

Hey New Yorker, please join us on the journals/blogs forum :?: :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:56 pm 

Ok, I'm ending day 21. I did finally figure out the correct proportion of salt to water I need for the Kosher salt I have. I went with the following progression for salt in a quart of water:

2tsp: Nothing
2-1/4tsp: Nothing
2-1/2tsp: Nothing
2-3/4tsp: Nothing
3tsp: Nothing
3-1/4tsp: Something
3-1/2tsp: Bingo!

3-12tsp appears to be the best amount for me on this fast at this time. (But I had to absorb a lot of salt water to find this out). :cry:

I just haven't been consistent in doing the SWF. It's difficult when you have to get up early in the morning to leave. The last thing you need is for it to kick in while your on the train.

The Alvita Senna tea (which I've found is better than Smooth Move) seems to work most of the time by itself even though I only drink one 6 ounce cup before bed. (It doesn't work 100% of the time though).

Nevertheless, I'm now ending day 20, so I have only another 20 days (at least) to go.

New Yorker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:54 pm 

Congrats New Yorker :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:32 pm 

For some odd reason the salt water flush didn't work at all yesterday.

But it worked somewhat today. :?:

I was considering stopping the MC after today(day 33) instead of the usual 40 day minimum because I've had a sick feeling for the last three days possibly due to the bleeding tooth that I've been going through hell getting something done about.

But I'm going to try and tough if out.

New Yorker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:43 am 

Hey New York... ICU are probably through with the cleanse now... congrats... but I still wanted to reply. my theory is that I hydrate myself well before doing the flush, then it always works with 2 tsp of sea salt to 1 quart of water for me. If I wake up and try to do the SWF right away it will often absorb into my body, so I usually start the day with 2-3 glasses of water and 1-2 glasses of lemonade. This usually makes me have to pee a couple times. Then I take a shower and slam the SWF while I'm in the shower... which I've found keeps me from getting the slightest bit nauseated. My best guess is that your ammount of salt for your SWF is varrying with your level of hydration, so if you always hydrate in the morning until you pee clear... you shouldn't have this wide variation in amt of salt for the flush. The science behind this has to do with having the same concentration of salt in the SWF as is in your body... which will cause the SWF to pass through and not be absorbed. Just my two cents hope it helps.

Last edited by porterico on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:23 am 

hi New Yorker

just thought I'd add to what porterico say's. i to add extra water. i take about five minutes to drink the salt water then add another. 1/2 liter of water. i also drink them both warm so I'm not shocking the system with cold or room temp water. i've done the sw for 12 days like clock work.