[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Laxative/SWF issues

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Laxative/SWF issues
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:36 am 

I am a newbie, on day 5 of my first cleanse, remarkably not made many errors so far (hopefully!). I have a few questions, but rather than lumping them into one post, I will do a few posts by topic. I hope that's okay!

First off, I am having some issues with the laxatives and the SWF. My plan was to take the laxative every night and do the SWF every morning.

SWF issues
Well, I like it! I have no trouble drinking it, and it's a pleasant process for me. The problem is that it takes forever and lasts into the day. People say that 30 minutes after drinking the water, they begin to have eliminations. It takes two hours for me. Maybe I need to just sit down and push, I don't know. I begin to feel it about 30 minutes into it, but I just wait. Eventually I get sick of waiting and sit there a long time having eliminations.

Now this is all sort of inconvenient enough (I have to get up at 6am to do this, going to try 5am tomorrow to be safe), but in addition, I have to be very careful until past noon, because I'm still having eliminations. My job is not the type to support me being near a bathroom for spontaneous urges to pee out my rear.

So, yesterday, I did not do the SWF, as I knew it was optional. (It's either this or wear a diaper.) But then I read that if I don't do the SWF in the morning, I'm meant to take another laxative in the morning.

This leads into...

Laxative issues
I take a laxative before bed. I did the smooth move tea at first, two teabags the first night (day zero), one the second, then switched to capsules and did four of those each night (something like that). My results here really go all over the map. Sometimes I'm awoken at 3:30 and up until 5 off and on the toilet. Other times it waits until 6am, kindly. Sometimes I don't feel like I have to eliminate at all, but eventually I do.

So this is difficult enough. Last night I was up at 3:30 until 5:00, which wasn't fun at all. I re-arranged my work schedule to get some extra sleep. However, I can't imagine taking yet another laxative in the morning right after this and spending my whole work day in fear of when it'll come.

So basically, I've re-arranged my schedule so that I can do the SWF every morning except Friday morning, and I skipped it yesterday. When I skip it Friday, I will probably not be taking a laxative either unless I get some adult diapers on the way to work. Is this bad?

I did not do a SWF the first day, though I did take the laxative the night before. (I didn't know I was meant to do the flush first day.) I skipped it yesterday (day four), and I will skip it Friday (day 7). I will have done the flush every other day besides that. I hope this is okay.

Thanks for any replies and advice! I am actually not having any trouble when it comes to not eating. I'm really enjoying it. It's just the poopin' issues that are causing me anxiety.

Post subject: Re: Laxative/SWF issues
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:52 am 

Hi, Jesse!
First of all, KUDOS for committing yourself into doing this!

SWF: One thing to consider if this is your first cleanse, is it may take longer for the flush to work. THAT SAID, are you using pure sea salt?? If not, I would highly recommend going to a health food store and investing in some celtic sea salt, unprocessed. If you are using sea salt, try to go and get another brand. It should not be taking all day to pass through.

Laxatives: Take it easy on the laxatives! You don't have any food in your digestive tract to inhibit the effect of the laxative ingredient, so it doesn't take much. ONE teabag is sufficient-- sometimes, I even seep the teabag for one to two minutes TOPS-- to make a weak cup of tea. You still get the laxative effect, without the cramping and excessive symptoms.

Hope that helps!
Tracy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:13 am 

Hey there, thank you so much for the reply!

Yep, I'm using the Celtic sea salt, actually. I've been trying using less water (a quart instead of a liter) and more salt (maybe 2.5 teaspoons). Today, I've taken the saltwater in the afternoon on an empty stomach. I took it maybe 30 minutes ago and feel some rumbling already. It might have been less than 30 minutes even. Hopefully it's working better!

And you were right about the laxatives. I have since gone to one teabag. I'm taking the capsule form now, just the 3 capsules, and that's much better. I was just taking too much before. :)

Fingers crossed that my afternoon flush will proceed well. I'm going back to the morning flush tomorrow, Sunday and Monday.

One thing I've noticed is that maybe I wait too long to go to the bathroom. Sometimes if I just go and sit there, it comes out. It does always seem like just a bit lingers for a good few hours, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:01 pm 

Hi, I'm glad you're having better results with the SWF, AND using less laxative! We really don't have to inflict pain on ourselves :lol:

One thing I do when I flush in the morning, too, is walk around as much as possible. I find that gravity helps the water go through more effectively.

You're doing awesome, Jesse!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:05 pm 

Yeah, once you figure out what you're doing, it's really pleasurable and non-painful! The SWF still takes about 5 hours to go all the way through me, so it's a bit inconvenient. I did it this evening, so at least I was safe this time. I will be doing it in the morning for the rest of my days now. :)

One of my favorite things to do is take the saltwater, then go back to bed until I wake myself up with a desperate need to go. This is impractical most days, but it's fun!

I think you're right about moving around. Maybe the problem is that I take the saltwater and then just sit or lie down! Tomorrow, I'll try standing and moving around after taking the saltwater to see if I can't speed it up a bit and get it all out faster.

Thank you again so much for the help and encouragement! I feel like my first cleanse has been extremely rewarding and pretty darn successful. Tomorrow is day 8!