[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - new to cleansing

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: new to cleansing
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:13 pm 

Hi Everyone...
I have never done any type of cleanse before. I am mid 40's, 5'2", and a few pounds overweight. My reasons for wanting to try this is because I have been feeling almost lethargic, tired with no energy and constantly wanting to eat. I am also a smoker, and really want to quit. I also blame my low energy and fatigue on being a long term kidney stone sufferer. (going on 5 yrs with at least one or more per year).
My question to anyone out there is this: Will taking this cleanse promote more kidney stones or diminish the ones I have or are producing in my system right now? I contacted my urologist and he told me the lemonade is good, but couldn't really offer anything else. I really think it would be good for me, but not sure. If anyone out there can shed some light I would be most grateful!

Post subject: Re: new to cleansing
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:29 pm 

Hi, cleanrme!
I just dug up this article for you to check out... The Master Cleanser is really awesome for many ailments. It gives your vital organs a much needed rest, and if you're feeling lethargic, you're in for a treat! The cleanse is also made to flush out all the toxins in your system, so if you really want to do it right, you would want to detox fully by staying away from the tobacco. It's a huge undertaking, I know (I'm an ex-smoker and I know how hard it is) but the super great thing about the Master Cleanser (MC) is that it cleans you out in a few days, and you won't have the nicotine withdrawls as long or as severely. So, you may want to take a few days to get mentally prepared for that. Of course, it will benefit you even if you decide not to quit smoking this time, but if you've been thinking about quitting anyway, it would be a great opportunity. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I have a journal in the other thread on this forum, too..

Good luck!
Tracy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lemonade Offers Sweet Relief From Kidney Stones

By Amy Sutton
HealthDay Reporter
(link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20060524...omkidneystones)

WEDNESDAY, May 24 (HealthDay News) -- Drinking lemonade could help prevent painful kidney stones, new research shows.

Regular consumption of the refreshing drink -- or even lemon juice mixed with water -- may increase the production of urinary citrate, a chemical in the urine that prevents the formation of crystals that may build up into kidney stones.

So conclude two studies presented Tuesday at the American Urological Association annual meeting in Atlanta.

Kidney stones develop when minerals from urine crystallize and build up on the inside of the kidney. In most people, urine contains a chemical that prevents crystal buildup, but that chemical does not work in people prone to kidney stones. When the body tries to remove the crystallized deposits through the narrow tubes of the urinary tract, a person may feel pain and burning.

In the study led by Kristina Penniston, an assistant scientist in the Department of Surgery at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, researchers retrospectively examined the medical records of 100 patients who had been prescribed lemonade therapy after seeking treatment for calcium oxalate kidney stones. Calcium oxalate stones are the most common type of kidney stones.

"We'd been recommending lemonade therapy for about 10 years, but within the last five or six years, we really noticed that people on lemonade therapy have extremely high urinary citrate concentrations," Penniston said. "We knew people were seeing results in urine biochemistries, and [lemonade therapy] was fairly well-tolerated."

About two thirds of the patients drank about 4 ounces of pure lemon juice that they poured into 2.5 liters of beverages throughout the day or 32 ounces of low-sugar or low-calorie prepared lemonade, Penniston said. The remaining patients in the study were treated with a combination of lemonade therapy and potassium citrate, a medication that maintains the antacid level in urine.

After an average treatment time of about 40 months, "in both groups, urinary citrate increased and so did urine volume. But the increase in volume was only significant in groups with lemonade therapy," Penniston said. For patients prone to kidney stones, drinking lots of fluids and increasing urinary volume may help prevent future stone formation.

In another study presented at the conference, conducted by researchers at Duke University, 12 patients with mild-to-moderate hypocitrauria -- a condition that causes a person to produce low levels of urinary citrate -- drank 120 milliliters of lemon juice mixed with two liters of water throughout the day.

After the researchers compared the people treated with lemonade therapy to patients taking potassium citrate, results showed that 11 of the 12 patients had increased urinary citrate levels during lemonade therapy.

The kidney stones of the people taking lemonade therapy also decreased in size and number during the course of the treatment, which lasted an average of 41 months.

Although the results of these two studies indicate that lemonade therapy may offer a simple alternative treatment to people with kidney stones who can't tolerate taking potassium citrate, much more research needs to be conducted, both study authors concluded.

"Both of these studies are addressing a very specific individual -- individuals with low urinary citrate. They're not suggesting that everyone with a stone problem try this," said Dr. Eric N. Taylor, of Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, both in Boston.

Taylor also noted that the type of lemonade used in therapy may easily add extra sugar or calories to a person's diet. "The problem is, if someone would just drink 2 liters of lemonade, it could represent a significant amount of calories and sugar," he said. "When people think lemonade, they don't necessarily think of lemon juice. The key is you need real fruit," he said.

More information

For more information about the risk factors, symptoms, and prevention of kidney stones, visit the U.S. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.

Copyright © 2006 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
The information contained above is intended for general reference purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical exam. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment. Medical information changes rapidly and while Yahoo and its content providers make efforts to update the content on the site, some information may be out of date. No health information on Yahoo, including information about herbal therapies and other dietary supplements, is regulated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and therefore the information should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease without the supervision of a medical doctor.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:22 pm 

Hi Tracy!

Thanks for the article. I started the cleanse on monday. I didn't really "ease in" as the book suggests. I stopped smoking cold turkey and also went into the lemonade drink. The first night was brutal. I wanted to eat something so bad. I managed to make it until last night..then I ate.
I think I need to mentally prepare as you stated in your post. I really want to be committed to do this..but the food cravings were so bad I couldn't.
Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:37 pm 

Hi,
Yes, it is wise to prepare for it mentally... usually the first 3 days are the worst as far as cravings. If you can "suffer" through the first few days, the hunger really does go away. I also try to plan that for at least the first two days, that I will be home and kind of low key as far as activities go. In other words, I start on the weekend and try to rest as much as possible, because it's harder on your body trying to adjust to the cleansing phase.

As far as hunger in general goes, I know it sounds gross, but I drink a teaspoon or two of Braggs apple cider vinegar (ACV) in a glass of water when I'm feeling really hungry, and it takes the hunger completely away most of the time. If you really can't stand the taste of the vinegar, you can add some maple syrup. The ACV has cleansing properties as well, so it won't sabotage your cleansing efforts. I usually always get hungriest at around 3:00 in the afternoon, and again later in the evening, so I keep a bottle of ACV in my desk at work and another at home.

So, keep trying-- you'll do it. I know many times I've ended up eating after a day or two... I just wasn't ready to make the commitment. So read up as much as you can about it, and it will give you a mental focus. I find it really helps to tell myself, "it's only 10 days out of my life. It's no big deal, I'll be able to eat and enjoy healthier foods soon".

Anyway, hope that helps!

Tracy