[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Cleanse Buddy Please!!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Cleanse Buddy Please!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:49 pm 

I am starting the master cleanse today... Is anyone stating today too/ or started recently and could be my email buddy for motivation? I've started the cleanse twice so far and always gave in to my cravings but I just know I would stick to it if I had someone to 'report to' :-) If anyone would like to help we can support each other so just let me know!

Thanks so much Lisa x

Post subject: Re: Cleanse Buddy Please!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:04 am 

Hi Lisa! I would love to be Cleanse buddies! I have tried to recruit so many friends, and they all give up one a day or two in!!!

I am on Day 15 of 40 right now, and I have lost 21 POUNDS so far. I began a journal over in the other section of this forum, but would love someone to contact daily for support. It can definitely be tough!

How long are you thinking of cleansing? I know I will complete this 40 Day cleanse, and then break but I may follow up with another shorter cleanse depending on how I feel.

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 pm 

Hey Sarah,
Congratulations on your progress so far!! 21 pounds is a hell of a lot- you must be so pleased
:-) Thankyou so much for agreeing to this will be a huge motivation to keep it up.

I'm planning on 10 days, 14 if I can stick to it! Have been good so far on my first day and have just got back from the gym too (I will exercise when I get tempted to eat rubbish!) I have recently put on a little weight- I'm 136 pounds now and am most comfortable at 120-125lbs.

How are you doing so far with the cravings/ are you hungry? Are you exercising?

Let me know how you're getting on. Thanks so much again!

Lisa x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 pm 

It definitely it is, makes me feel motivated and happier overall. I got off track due to two auto accidents and the injuries that followed from them, they were less than two months apart both times I was rear-ended and totaled. Horrible! BUT doing much better now, and needed to get a grip and get back on track. I feel into a bad depression, due to those accidents and my father being really ill and recovering.

I have been fine with cravings; the first week is the hardest honestly. Because that week you can easily b break it, are transitioning still and have the most cravings of all. But as time goes on you get a better handle on it, and also you know that if you break the fast wrong you will have a very upset stomach! Which isn’t fun at all. Once I broke a fast very wrong, and was extreme pain and paid for it.

The first week I avoided being around anyone eating, that helps a lot. But then you still smell people eating at work, etc. But it helps a lot to try and avoid it for a while. After that I have been dealing with cravings by keeping myself busy, or actually searching up healthy new recipes and organic recipes online. So by doing that I am already setting up a plan afterwards and making promises to myself of things to enjoy, which in turn gives me something to look forward to. Try it out, if you get too hungry then stop looking but I wouldn’t look until at least after a week. Because again, at that point if you seriously crave something just tell yourself how it will upset your stomach anyhow.

You just have to insist to yourself that the food is always there, we live in Countries that are able to eat every day and have HUGE assortment to choose from. I admit I feel kind of upset that mine will go over Valentine’s Day, because it is also my 2 Year Anniversary but I keep telling myself everything will be there waiting afterwards and I’ll feel 100% BETTER too.
I have been doing some light cardio and stretches but nothing too much to overdo it. I have multiple issues with discs in my back that are still healing and agitated so I have to be careful with them. But I am happy to say I haven’t taken a single pain killer while on this!

You can do it!

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:32 pm 

I'm sorry to hear about your dad- even harder at the same time of the (two!) accidents. I really hope you're now on the med.

I had a motorbike accident in July and have one of two surgeries on my knee so far (last op in 3 weeks time.) I haven't been able to work for 9 months so my my diet has gone off track as I've been at home. I completely empathise with you and am currently on anti depressants as being stuck has home has really got me down. Sick of feeling sorry for myself and time to get my body back!

I almost made it through the day but got veryhungry in the evening and ashamedly gave into the cravings :-( Your advice about the upset stomach is really helpful- I did feel a bit sick today after eating cereal on a stomach full of the maple lemonade!

I think I will wait until week two before looking up recipes :-) I've found before that listening to a motivating song (cheesy but it works) or doing a couple of sets of a body weight exercise at home really helps me to forget about the cravings (or at least reminds me why I'm on the diet to begin with!) I promise to keep up with the diet tomorrow and have faith in me because I really think today was my final blow out!

Congratulations on your two year anniversary! I think it's a blessing in disguise that you are dieting over valentines day as I think it would be a lot more special to celebrate on a day when everyone else isn't and gives you guys more of a reason to make a special effort having had to wait.

Let me know how you get on tomorrow and I'm sure I will be sending a message shortly complaining that I'm close to giving in to a giant bar of chocolate and need some encouraging words ;-)

Lisa x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:44 pm 

Also weighed myself this morning and I'm 2kg heavier than I thought so that's my motivation for today right there!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:37 am 

Lisa: Today I am doing well and going strong. Though I admit this morning I wanted bacon, eggs, and cheese SO BAD! I was thinking about the smell and taste, it was horrible. But I got through it!

You’ll find later on whenever you do end up around people eating that you’ll smell their food and can taste it literally in your mouth and the more you smell the more nonsense and crap you notice people eat. Then you’ll begin to analyze everything you would have put into your mouth on a daily basis by seeing what you are missing at work, parties, around family, and so on. It really is an eye opener!

We have a lot in common! We’ll get through this together!

DAY 16! Down ANOTHER POUND!

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:20 pm 

Mmmm bacon... No food so far for me today :-)

I must admit to a little diet coke addiction which I know is probably the worst thing I could have but I have had a couple of cans today- it's under control and on its way out as its now upsetting my stomach and defeats the purpose of the cleanse.

I know exactly what you mean about analysing other people's food, my sister was eating a packet of crisps and all I could think about was the oil yuk!

Are you in the US? I'm in the UK.

Starting to enjoy the lemonade a little now too :-)

Just remember how far you've come if you start to crave food... Drum it into your head that giving in on just one day would ruin all your progress so far- I'm sure that's enough to put you off ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:38 pm 

A few cans of soda would defeat the fast for the day, even without food... Check in once you've made it a good few solid days. Particularly on Day 5, which is past the hardest part. Days three and four can be the hardest of all, so you need to work towards beating that bump in the road and get past it.
Yes, I am in the USA on the East Coast.

[*]5' 8" [*]Female