Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Fail on last cleanse after 5 successful cleanses
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:01 pm 

I have completed five successful cleanses since April 2012. I started one around two weeks ago and quit on the 8.5 day. I was having trouble drinking the juice. I just hated it and I couldn't drink another one. For some reason the taste and the heat of the cayenne was really bothering me this time. You think that the cleanses would get easier. Does anyone one have any idea why I might have problems after being so successful?

Post subject: Re: Fail on last cleanse after 5 successful cleanses
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:53 pm 

I completely understand your problem.

I think that this is the reason some diets work so well sometimes too. I've heard that this is the real reason that many diets, that allow you to eat as much as you want but only a certain type of food, will allow you to lose weight even when you may be consuming a lot of calories. The theory goes like this: anything you eat over and over will become bland and no longer hold pleasure, therefore you eat less and without knowing you stop eating as much, which reduces calories and you lose weight.

I experience this a lot with the MC, and, I also just don't get hungry. What I've done sometimes is just water fasts during those periods.

A word of caution however, if you research water fasting you'll discover that it is highly recommended to stay in bed the entire time. This usually doesn't happen with me, and so it can cause problems. Your body detoxes so fast, especially if your moving around, that it can dislodge massive problems, and so I do not recommend this type of cleansing without a supervised practitioner nearby.

I also want to state that it is better to drink water then nothing at all. If you can't down the lemonade, at least drink water, and then try again. Hope this helps ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:44 am 

Thanks, Celest! On the day I quit, by 3pm I had only had two juices and I had zero hunger and I just didn't want to force it any more. I could have totally finished the fast but I thought I might be doing myself more harm than good by not taking in enough calories.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:22 pm 

I completely understand. My friend tried the MC for 2 days, and didn't feel any hunger, but she did feel like her body was telling her that this wasn't what she needed to be doing. A time for all things, and different things for different seasons. Hang in there, you'll find what's meant for you ;)