Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Weight gain during cleanse
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:22 am 

I know that the cleanse wasn't designed for weight loss, and I intended to use it to clear my system, I have severe migraines and have lots of tablets with no relief and thought cleansing my body might help... However, I wasn't prepared for weight gain. Admittedly I am only on day 3 but during these three days I have done three SWF and only had the lemonade (maximum of 2litres- three lemons, 8tbsn of maple syrup and cayanne pepper in tablet form since day two) and loads of water on top...I have been unable to get any laxative tea however, but having had the SWF and regular movements I cant see this being the problem. I know people have said that the SWF can cause water gain if not done properly, but it certainly seems to be working and the weight I have gained isn't water weight. My scales show my water weight has actually decreased slightly but my body fat percentage has increased and shows 3lb gain overall.. so accounting for the water loss I have gained more than three pounds in fat...

I want to continue as I am desperate to find something to cleanse my system and hopefully reduce my migraines but am really disheartened at the consistent weight gain and so far my migraines haven't changed at all (not that I would expect three days to make a difference in that regard) I am within a healthy BMI and body fat percentage but only just and will not be able to complete the fast and stay within that range if I gain 1lb a day throughout. I burst into tears in front of my husband and my friends earlier and got so upset I had to cancel on our plans. My husband is on the plan with me and has lost several pounds so the plan is working for him...
Has anyone had similar problems, if so what have they done?

Post subject: Re: Weight gain during cleanse
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:03 am 

Hi, Sorry to hear that you are upset. I sure do understand. I will do my best to address your situation.

Regarding weight loss ~ The Master Cleanse book states that it is a great weight reducing plan. It can be used for weight loss. Being over weight is a sign that our bodies are toxic. During the cleanse toxins are reduced and so is our fat. Yeah!!!!

Regarding the headaches ~ this is very normal. Especially in the first week of the cleanse. Once you get past that first week it gets much much easier. After that you have short periods of detox symptoms and periods of lots of energy. In the MC book it states that if the detox symptoms are rough consider an enema. An enema speeds up the detox symptoms out of your system. For myself I have been doing a coffee enema each day and it has helped considerably with the detox symptoms. You can do a water one if you don't want to try a coffee enema. But hang in there and the headaches will pass.

Regarding the weight gain ~ are you using uniodized salt? If not the salt stays in your system. If you are not using uniodized salt get some immediately. If you are using the correct salt ~ my suggestion is to keep cleansing. I had a friend that experienced the same thing and she soon had a big drop in weight.

Regarding your fat reader ~ I quit using mine. I have one of those that you hold out in front of you. I work out with a personal trainer. I have weight trained 6 days a week for over 6 months. Even before the cleanse I dropped a lot of weight but my fat reader said I only lost 3% body fat. My trainer said this was way off. She suggested that I begin using the calipers to test with. I would bet that your fat reader is not accessing your body correctly. If you have not eaten it would have to be water weight.

Hang in there and continue to cleanse. Your body will be better off for it and you most likely will cure those headaches.

Kim