Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Day 25 and feeling a bit discouraged
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:28 pm 

I'm at day 25 and feel really good with lots of energy. I did the Cleanse mainly for my ascending colon which had discomfort right at the bottom near the ileocecal valve. I suspect this is the result of losing a healthy appendix during major abdominal surgery as a child. Doctors seem to think the appendix has no useful function but I strongly disagree with that view. When its working properly an appendix secretes an oily fluid which lubricates the ascending colon to help the contents travel up to the tranverse colon. My only colon issues involve tenderness in that region where things seem to get held up in some way.

Anyway, what I'm discouraged about is slow weight loss. In 25 days I've only lost 19 pounds which is half what I want to lose as soon as possible. Wasn't looking to lose all of that on this MCLD but had hoped for more than 19 pounds. I'm intending to keep going on the MCLD until I start thinking about food again or not feeling good in some way. Last year I did 32 days and only stopped because my home-grown grapes were ripe and I ate nothing but grapes for a week until they were all gone. Maybe I should cut down the maple syrup to half but will I have enough energy for the fairly strenuous stuff I'm doing in the garden?