Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Day 4 of Master Cleanse... what am i doing wrong??
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:49 am 

Hey everyone this is my first master cleanse and i'm on day 4, feeling a bit discouraged. Not because it's too hard- but because I feel like it's too easy! I have not had any negative side effects like I've read on days 2 and 3, other than some serious food cravings. I feel like i'm not detoxing at all and it's really frustrating. I was fully prepared to take on any withdrawal symptoms, but there are none. I wonder if I am doing this right! I know I am though because I have read the Master Cleanse book several times not to mention I have been reading these forums, blogs, and magazine articles on the master cleanse for about a year now. I know it's wierd to say I want negative side effects but I just want a sign so I know my body is detoxing. If this helps: I never ever drank soda, I drank coffee but not every day, I was a vegan already before starting the cleanse, and 3 days in advance I ate almost 100% raw and fresh orange juice the day before and the day before that. The reason I am doing the master cleanse is because I have a severe problem with overeating, a terrible sugar addiction, and I want to go on a raw diet after this is over. Any advice? Why am i not in agony right now???
-maggie :x

Post subject: Re: Day 4 of Master Cleanse... what am i doing wrong??
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:42 am 

Hey Maggie
This is my first cleanse. So I can not really compare to anything other than what I am going thru! I am on Day7. I am kinda in the same boat as you. Although I did have a minor headache Day2 and serious abdominal pains Day4-5 (due to the SM tea w/ Senna-I quit drinking it), I have been about the same as you, not much going on. I was a BIG water drinker prior so I am not sure if I was already good at 'flushing' my body or what? I excepted some rather nasty eliminations...but mainly just water here!? I can tell my skin is glowing, that is one good sign. My tongue is not as white and hairy as the beginning of the week. (they say that you are not fully cleansed until your tongue is pink for 12 hours). I do not have a scale but I can see in my face I am slimming down, but can not really tell in my clothes yet. I really do not miss food like I thought I would. Some smells repulse me...garlic in particular! I am doing 10 days for my 1st attempt.

How long are you planning on going for your 1st attempt?
Lacy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:08 am 

Thank you for replying! I am at day 7 as well and i am planning to go to day 10 unless i have a significant amount of leftovers i might do an extra day or two. I drank water alot before this two but i'm going through about 1 and a half gallons a day over the cleanse- awesome! I guess when they say its tough they just mean being around food which i can totally relate to. Every night since day 1 ive had a dream i cheated and woke up literally sweating! Im glad some one else is feeling like me. Reading these forums prior to starting the cleanse definitely gave me a false impression on the difficulty of it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:12 am 

Oh . Another thing. My tongue has been white-ish throughout the cleanse but nothing wild. I do the swf every morning even though it gets worse and worse every day!!!!! And i use smooth move tea once a week when im in my normal regimine so i actually enjoy the taste and can handle the cramps ok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:00 am 

I have heard a lot of people speak of food dreams. I have not had any, which I guess is good!?!?!?! I have had a LOT of people give me flack about doing this, but I think it is more the fact that they couldn't do it. I have really been at peace with my decision to do the cleanse and I do see myself doing this again in the future! I love the way my skin looks and I feel great! I just wish I could taste something different. There were a couple days that the lemonade was hard to get down. Just went to Whole Foods to get the makings for veggie soup! Looking forward to the broth!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:29 pm 

Yea same here its really frustrating how unsupportive everyone is! Fortunately im a stubborn person and it only makes me want to complete the cleanse that much more. Im not looking forward the vegetable broth as much as i'm looking forward to feasting on fresh fruit the second night for dinner!!! I want to start planning it but i get too hungry :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:54 am 

I had a really hard time last night...I kept hovering over my husband...LOL 'Whatcha eating? how does it smell? Is it good?' Today is my last FULL day. I am doing OJ and broth tomorrow after my SWF. I think I will do another one the beginning of the summer! Hope you are doing well?