Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Please read and give opinion!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:54 pm 

I need to decide within the next 6 days so please help.
Every year for the last 6 years I've done the cleanse before our annual Florida trip. Sadly, I cannot get into my clothes if I don't. Not going to go on a tantrum how I can't lose weight because that is not the point.
Last month I miscarried and I'm planning on waiting until May to try again. So originally I didn't question doing the cleanse in March at all. Then my friend scared me into wondering if I should do it. It is possible that I will get pregnant earlier. Do you think this could harm the
Baby? I'm older at 37 and I researched that the most important thing is to be nutritionally healthy at the time of conception..... which I wouldn't be if on the cleanse.
To my friend the choice is simple, don't risk it. To me, not so much because I am currently 30 pounds overweight and would be miserable on vacation. I don't even own summer clothing at this size nor would I want to.
I would have tried to explain the situation more clearly but I'm on my Kindle and its painful typing this. Will write more tomorrow night.
Please give opinions....

Also, most people just don't get cleansing and disagree with me doing it at all so I have no one else I can ask.

Post subject: Re: Please read and give opinion!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:23 pm 

Oh man...no opinions :(

Okay, in reading my post, I can see it sounds a bit ridiculous but basically its because I'm really trying NOT to get pregnant until after April. So if I did, it would be a "fluke".

I guess its hard to explain how I feel :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:20 am 

I totally understand how you feel. I'm starting the master cleanse on Thursday and attempting to do it throughout the lent season. I really want to lose about 40 lbs before getting back to weight watchers. I can not wear any of my clothes either so I get it. I think you can definitely do the master cleanse until the end of March and then attempt to get pregnant in April. I am a Nurse Practitioner and while I wouldn't necessarily instruct you to try to get pregnant immediately after the MC, but if you ease out properly and then start getting pregnant by the end of April, your body will be ready. Please keep in mind that once you are pregnant, you will have to watch your intake to avoid gaining back the 30 lbs that you could possibly lose.

Hope that helps. I'll be logged on in the journal section starting Thursday, March 6 to begin my MC journey.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:36 pm 

Thanks for the response. I guess I was worried that if I accidentally became pregnant before going off the cleanse, there would be concern for the baby. I've decided to do the cleanse (I'm starting on the 10th) but I'm going to take a daily multi-vitamin. I know this is not what you are supposed to do but I have to do it for my conscious.

And, as far as keeping the weight off...I can't. This is I think my 6th cleanse and no matter what I do, the weight comes back within 3 weeks. I have everything journaled. I've stayed 100% raw and it still comes back so I know that is inevitable. I still want to do it to feel good while on vacation though...its wonderful having a flat stomache, even if it only lasts a couple weeks :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:01 pm 

3 weeks really? kinda worried about that. Not doing this exactly for weight loss- but would be bummed to feel it only lightened me up while I did it. Do you exercise? Just thinking the cleanse lowers your metabolism which is problematic, but exercise would help to keep your metabolism up. ?not sure.
As for pregnancy. I would think you and potential baby could only benefit from getting detoxed before hand. You don't really need any extra calories the first trimester and they always say baby will take what they need first as far as nutrients, but of course its your call. Keep me posted!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:22 pm 

Maybe other people can keep the weight off but I've tried VERY hard to and its always come back. I normally eat super healthy so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Surprisingly, I'm still overweight though. I don't however exercise so maybe that's it. On the cleanse there is no way I could exercise, I feel a difference even climbing stairs. I've always done 21 days and I always lose 15 pounds...it's always the same.
I will be starting on Tuesday because I want to finish all the fruits and veggies I have first instead of having to throw them out. I will start a journal in the correct thread.