Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: question
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:08 am 

Today is day 5 for me.
I have hit a major hurdle. I started bleeding a little today, which means my period will be here tomorrow. I arranged the timing of the cleanse so that it would not coincide with my period, which shouldn't be here for about 8 more days. I did this because I get pretty intense cramps which I deal with using Ibuprofen. I have to take about 1200mg every 6 hours typically for about 2 days, I could get away with only taking it for a day or day and a half.

I honestly don't think I can tolerate the cramps without the medication. So my options at this point are to either end the cleanse today, when I am about halfway through, or to go ahead and take the Ibuprofen tomorrow while on the cleanse. I'm not really sure if that's even ok to do, or if it will make me sick. Does anyone have any experience with taking medication while on the cleanse? I don't know if anyone is even going to read this but any advice would be very much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: question
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:09 pm 

I am curious as to what you ended up doing?

I had a ripping headache last night (I have occasional migraines) and decided against taking meds. I personally would not have taken the ibuprofen, side effects are just too scary, and I figure that I'm already taxing my liver/kidneys by detoxing. I would have tried to ease off and then taken the meds, or possibly tried to deal with the pain. Sounds to me though that your cramps might be so intense that the later might not really be an option. I get cysts on my ovaries that hurt soo intensely that I sometimes can't stand.

BTW, have you ever tried essential oils for that problem? I think some of the basic ones such as peppermint and lavender could really help, but I'm sure some of the other ones such as clary sage and jasmine would benefit as well.

Hope everything works out for you :)