[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Coffee

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Coffee
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:18 pm 

I just went thru the first day , it's 10 pm and I am heading to bed soon right after my lax tea.
I know that you are not supposed to drink coffee but without it I get unbearable headaches. I am having half a cup of black coffee in the am and slowly weaning off it ( probably I should have done it before but it's too late now )
How did you guys do it ? I can function without the coffee but the headaches are too much especially at work
What happens if you drink coffee during this cleanse ? would it all be in vain ?

Post subject: Re: Coffee
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:32 am 

Ooh! Sorry to hear of your dilemma, Mia777!

True, drinking coffee will lessen the benefit and cleansing you derive from the Master Cleanse. But you'd probably still get some cleansing effect. So you can drink coffee if you choose to. No need to worry.

Remember that just as what we do with our bodies affects our minds, the reverse is also true: what we do with our minds affects our bodies. So make sure to direct your mind in ways that serve you well. You can probably come up with your own ways of perceiving the situation that suit you, but here are a couple of suggestions:
• If you drink enough of the lemonade and stay on it long enough, the Master Cleanse cleanses you not just physically but psychologically, too. So perhaps it's an ideal time to wean yourself off addictions like caffeine.
• Rather than using terms that sabotage you like "unbearable" or "excruciating," you could replace them with thoughts that make it easier for you like, "This sensation is unpleasant but I can still function if I choose to" or "this is just temporary. It will only last a day or two and then I'll be free of this addiction!" or "if I gradually decrease the amount of coffee each day, the pain won't be so bad."

At any rate, don't worry about it. Do what you prefer, drink plenty of lemonade, and congratulate yourself for taking care of yourself with the Master Cleanse. I hope this helps a bit! :)

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:53 am 

Did you do the ease-in Mia? Your headaches are almost certainly a result of withdrawal from the caffeine. This is a stimulant and certainly shouldn't be drunk during the detox phase. I'd say if you're only on day 1, go back and do the ease-in for a few days and use that time to cut down on your coffee so that you won't suffer the headaches when you remove it completely.

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:17 am 

Hi Mike & Lemonadewise

Thanks for your reply!

Mike - your post made me laugh as I realized the desperation in my words lol
I woke up this am and decided not to make any coffee but instead i had a big glass with water and lemon
It's been 5 hours and so far no headache!!! weird but i am so happy about it. i don't even crave the coffee and if i do get a bad headache from it i will have just a sip.

Lemonadewise - i did not ease into it coffee wise but i don't want to go back :cry:
My mind is set to do this and i hope soon i won't need the coffee anymore.
If necessary, i will have a really small quantity to chase away the migraine headache i get from it.
Fingers crossed !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:44 am 

Wow! Good for you, Mia777!

And a friendly reminder to do the salt water flush every morning so that toxins don't back up in you. Now THAT could certainly give you a headache—coffee or no coffee. :)

Keep going and congratulations on doing so well so far!

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:00 am 

Thanks for your support Mike, I appreciate it!
Speaking of the SWF, I haven't done it yet as I am worried about driving to work afterwards :oops: or even being at work and being in the bathroom for most of the morning.
I was thinking at doing the magnesium citrate liquid once. Doesn't that clean up your whole colon?
If that's not a good option, how long does it take for the salt water to kick in really ? It seems that for everyone is different.
thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:43 pm 

You're welcome! Glad I helped lighten things up. :lol:

I can certainly understand your concern about doing the salt water flush before driving to work.

I've heard of taking magnesium as a laxative, but haven't found that to work reliably. And I don't think it works in the same way as the salt water. An overdose of magnesium prompts your body to draw water from other tissues into your colon (dehydrating you), whereas the salt water doesn't do that. The salt water just flushes right through, taking the wastes and toxins with it.

Though the lemonade may be what's commonly emphasized in the Master Cleanse, the salt water flush is just as important. Without a fully effective salt water flush done every day, the toxins that the lemonade unleashes go nowhere you want them to go—out your nose, your skin, your breath, etc. And that detoxification is very inefficient, leaving you feeling worse and worse.

It will usually take 30 minutes or more for the salt water to come out. And yes, you may need to make more than one trip to the bathroom to accommodate that. But as long as your commute is not exceptionally long, I think you'd be OK. My partner commuted to her office job during two Master Cleanses, and she managed OK.

I hope that helps!

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:16 pm 

they give you magnesium citrate drink before a colonoscopy so it does clean out EVERYTHiNG but the taste is worst than swf .
I agree on the toxins part, my tongue is white already ...eww.. Never had that before and i do have a headache , not as bad as last time I stopped drinking coffee though.
I will try the salt water flush , I want to to this the right way so I guess I will see tomorrow how that works for me.
It's 5 pm, not hungry , a small headache and I am feeling tired.
Sour puss looks more chipper than me right now but I wont give in !!!
I didn't realize what an attachment I have to food, crazy !