[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - My Perfectly Imperfect Master Cleanse Journey

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Re: My Perfectly Imperfect Master Cleanse Journey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:58 am 

hi everyone, happy sunday!

memoriez, thanks for the advice! yesterday was a tough one, but i stuck to the plan of drinking 10oz of MC on the hour, and 1-2 pints of water inbetween, and i felt *much* better by midday. i didn't feel well enough to exercise, but my brain felt much more sharp and alert in just a few hours, and my stomach felt better too -- and the energy eventually returned. i have certainly learned my lesson: my body doesn't like it when i don't take in enough MC -- i really need that steady flow of nutrients, so i'm am going to do my best to make sure i'm not in that position again. it was a good lesson to learn, albeit the hard way! (thanks also for the congrats on making it a week comment! my brain was so dulled that it took me by surprise -- i was like, "wow, i made it a week!" :) thank you!)

rose, what you said is so true! how easy did i find it to overeat? very. and now suddenly juicing a lemon seems taxing? taking care of our bodies is important and it takes effort, though not so much that we should feel like it's something we can't do. i'm glad too that i didn't give up -- i think in the past, it's something i might have done, but i really just wanted to fix my mistake and learn from it!

another tidbit from yesterday's lesson: after a day of drinking 10 servings of 8-10oz MC mix and tons of water, i weighed myself this morning and was down 2 pounds -- so if that doesn't solidify the lesson that more lemonade *is* more, then i don't know what will.

so today is Day 9 for me -- and i honestly can't believe it! i have tried *many* times over the past 9+ months or so to do this cleanse, and one thing or another has derailed me. *with the singular thread amongst all those failed attempts being me! i know how long i want to go on this cleanse, and a little part of me believes i can do it (and i'm hanging onto that belief with everything i have), but i still have moments where i doubt myself and feel unsure if i can make it that far. i am grateful for each day that i make it on the cleanse and feel happy for every positive change that i can feel inside my body. i am definitely taking this one day at a time and while i might have said that to myself in the past, this time something really seems to have clicked for me and i'm just focusing on doing the best i can *today* and that's it. i'm hoping that before i know it, i'll have strung together enough days that i will have met my health goals.

something else i introduced yesterday: dry brushing. i have done this in the past, and intended to make it a daily part of the cleanse, but for some reason, it hadn't happened yet. since i'm not a morning girl, my pre-shower dry brushing normally was not necessarily rushed, but it wasn't as thoughtful or thorough as it could have been either. so since i was feeling so crappy yesterday morning, i thought why not do it more properly before showering since it might help me feel better, so i did -- and oh boy, did it feel great. if anyone hasn't tried it yet, i highly recommend it. the brush really stimulates your skin, and it helps (me anyway) get that "waking up" feeling. plus, it's a great thing to do while cleansing since so many toxins are being released through our skin -- the dry brushing helps to remove them from the top layer of skin even more effectively than the skin would do naturally.

okay, well that's it from me for now -- i wish you all happy cleansing -- we can do this!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:22 pm 

Hey new, we all knew you could do it. Tomorrow you will have officially done the cleanse. Every day after that you can count as a bonus. Your system is now rejoicing. Way to go!!!!! :P :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:31 pm 

Rose, you always deliver with inspiring messages -- i hadn't considered that with tomorrow being Day 10 that i'd have officially "completed" the cleanse, so to speak, but you're right! i will look at each day as a bonus, just one more reason to smile -- thank you!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:50 am 

newbeginnings- congrats!! it's been 10 days. look at what taking it day by day has helped you accomplish :D
It's amazing to see how fast our body reacts to the lemonade & the water & the nutrients. I suppose its so important when there is minimum amounts entering the system. I also found that i lost more weight & water weight (bloating) when I drank more lemonade & water during the cleanse, and even AFTER the cleanse as well. Give yourself more credit & stop doubting yourself because it is you, yourself that brought you to this point and you should be so proud of yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 am 

Congrats on day 10!! It's a pretty exciting feeling hey? Keep up the good spirits.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:49 pm 

Amazing journal!