Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Re: thatgirlfit's 40 Day Master Cleanse
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:01 am 

Dear thatsgirlsfit,
Congrats on day 6. You inspired me and give me courage to start my cleanse tomorrow! Dont worry avout increasing the maple syrup intake: sincr you are so busy i think thar you totally need it. Plus if you are not getting enough calories your metabolism can go diwn and weight will plateau.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:59 am 

Good Morning thatfitgirl!

Congrats on your success! :D

I have been reading a few blogs and I feel that I can relate to yours the best thusfar. I have yet to start the cleanse (I am waiting to receive my book). I plan on starting April 29th, by then my schedule will be back on track. I have some questions for you...I know this may be graphic for some, however everyone seems to skip mentioning this. I am not a morning person at all and I am concerned with running to the bathroom at work after the SWF. Can you please share with me how the SWF has affected you and your schedule...meaning are you in the bathroom for long or short periods of time, are you making frequent trips, do you drink the SWF at specific time everyday and use the bathroom in a specific amount of time? Anything you can tell me will help me plan for this! :lol: I know its personal :oops: , however you have explained things so well and I just want an honest opinion.

I will be waiting to read up on your status!

Charm 8)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:31 am 

Day 7 of 40

SW: 158lbs (03/25/11)
PW: 148.2lbs (03/30/11)
CW: 147.0lbs (03/31/11)

The beginning of another great day on the cleanse. After I closed up shop yesterday I was a bit tired but after finishing my lemonade for the evening and good night's rest, I awoke refreshed and in good spirits.

When I stepped on the scale this morning I was shocked to see that I had released another 1.2lbs. Shocked! I moved the scale to several different places in my apartment to make sure the floor was level. And I stepped on the scale once with a five pound weight and then without the weight again just to make sure that there was enough of a difference between my new weight and my previous weight that the scale wasn't "remembering" anything; see comment below. That's how floored I was. Every time it read 147lbs except twice when it read 146.8lbs. I decided to go with the best out of five, so I'm sticking with 147lbs for now.

At this point I am a bit worried about getting too comfortable seeing the scale move. There was only one day where the scale didn't move that much; I had a small .4lb gain that I later attributed to not drinking enough water. Maybe I haven't really been "tested." If losing weight is a principle part of why some (like myself) chose to undertake the cleanse then when you have a couple of days where you don't lose weight, how hard is it not to feel discouraged? I hate putting that energy out into the universe but it is what I am thinking at the moment and I am trying to be honest.

I had food dreams last night. This may have something to do with the fact that my best friend's husband's birthday (two possessives in a row, can I do that?) is coming up and I promised to make him a fruit tart from scratch. I was watching Youtube for tips on improving my pastry crust before I went to bed. I also watched an episode of Daria but that didn't seem to prevent the food from making its way into my dream. When I first woke up I felt really ashamed that I had eaten. :oops: Then I realized it was a dream and was relieved. :D

As long as my activity levels stay high, I am going to continuing drinking the amount of lemonade I am; with the additional amounts of maple syrup. At this point it does not appear to be impacting my weight loss.

Tis all for Day 7! Best of luck and best of health!

Two public service announcements:

1. For anyone else contemplating a long cleanse, make sure to check out Jam0775's blog. Because it contains two cleanses in one I think most people assume it's over; it's also in success stories and not blogs. You are SO missing out. She is incredibly detailed and helpful. She is on her 26 of 40 days so she has also been there done that if you have questions and are somewhat of a newbie like myself. Here is a link to her blog: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12942

2. Anyone who doesn't have a fairly expensive scale (i.e. more than $100) needs to make sure you are resetting your scale every time you move it. Also, cheap digital scales have scale memory. For example, let's say you were to stand on the scale and record a weight of 145lbs. If you were to drink 16oz (1 pound equivalent) of water and step back on the same scale, it would probably still read 145lbs. This happens because cheap digital scales are not sensitive enough to sense the difference between the two weights and thus revert to scale memory. (There is a great article on the web about this so as soon as I find it I will post a link). This is the reason that for some the same weight could show for several days and then two days later you will have a 3lbs loss. It's not that you weren't losing weight over those three days, it's just that it took 3lbs for the scale to register a difference. One way I combat this is by stepping on the scale once with at 5 or 10lb weight in between weigh-ins to make sure that it is not reading from memory but what my current weight is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:47 am 

@lemonygirl: Thank you for the kind words :D I think you are totally right and as long as the scale continues to move and as long as I am hungry and active, I will continue with the additional tablespoons of maple syrup. CONGRATS on starting your journey tomorrow...I look forward to reading about it!

@Charm1207: Thank you for your kind words as well :D By nature, and by nurture (my parents are night owls), I am not a morning person either. However, because I work/own a restaurant, it would be very difficult to have to make several trips to the bathroom in such a short span of time; it would also be difficult to explain to friends, employees and customers who are unaware that I am on the cleanse and might become alarmed. I have to be at the shop by 10:45AM each morning to open, so I make sure to wake up around 9AM. As soon as I wake up, I weigh-in, do my SWF and begin preparing for work and answering e-mails. While the SWF is active in my system (usually for about an hour, never longer than an hour and a half) I may have to use the restroom as many as four or five times.

Something I have failed to mention is that during the cleanse I have experienced a significant increase in flatulence; this is particularly interesting for me because I am a vegetarian and eat an incredible amount of green leafy vegetables and I have never experienced flatulence to this degree. Because of this, I would never be comfortable taking the SWF while I am at work (or when I can not use the restroom at my leisure) because I would not be able to tell if it was flatulence or a bowel movement. The bowel movements caused by the SWF are very very watery (not solid at all) and it might be very difficult for you to be able to tell the difference if you were also to experience an increase in flatulence. I would be too worried about an "accident" happening if I was to presume incorrectly. ;) I hope this wasn't too graphic and I hope this helps!

TGF85

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:55 am 

Day 8 of 40

PW: 147.0lbs (03/31/11)
CW: 146.2lbs (04/01/11)

A little bit less energy this morning...I suspect this has to do with the hour run I took last night AFTER work. Probably not one of my best ideas. But I was blasting Whitney Houston's "Million Dollar Bill," winter appeared to be gone and I felt really good. I also forgot to set my alarm and was abruptly awoken from my sleep by my internal alarm; thus I think I may have gotten out of bed too quickly. I could also be a bit dehydrated as I don't think I consumed enough additional fluids last night after the run to compensate for those lost during the run; I didn't have to go to the bathroom when I woke this morning and that is very unusual for me. I also don't think I rested enough to have exercised the way I did. In any instance, I will just increase my water intake through out the day until I am back to normal and make sure to get a good night's sleep tonight.

The scale dropped .8lbs to 146.2lbs this morning placing me at my lowest weight in a long while. I don't know how confident I am in this number since I really do feel as though I depleted my body of fluids last night with that run...but we will see what the scale brings tomorrow. If I see a bump I will know it was water, if not, YAY!

The difference between my starting weight and my current weight is 11.8lbs but to be honest I really don't see a difference. It usually takes me one or two weeks to see the difference in my body that I can already see on the scale. I know this is backwards for many and that most people see a difference in their body before they see a differences on the scale but *shrugs* Once I get to 139lbs, which will hopefully happen sometime next weekend I am assuming I will notice a difference.

Yay to be finished with the first week...onward!!!

ETA (1:09PM): Was definitely dehydrated. Having been consuming fluids non-stop since I got to work and feel really good. So...if you exercise, please make sure to consume additional fluids. I know that's tough because we already drink so much but your body will thank you for it.

Last edited by thatgirlfit85 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:12 am 

"The MC Adventures with Queen C PART 2"

So I don't think I mentioned this in PART 1 but Queen C's husband is a cook at a very popular Chinese restaurant. And the man is definitely very good at his job. So yesterday, Queen C, who has told her husband that I am "starving" myself, had her husband drop by several times. Each time he dropped by he asked me if I wanted him to cook me some food. Each time I refused but before I left for the night he placed a bowl of one of my favorite soups on the table I was doing my paperwork on; string bean and seaweed soup. After he left I placed the soup in the freezer...hopefully it will store until I am off the cleanse, if not :|

If all of this wasn't bad enough, yesterday while I was taking a small break, Queen C came and sat down next to me. She had a bunch of food her husband had cooked for her that she was eating now that she was on her way home. It included many of my favorites such as fresh garlic broccoli, fresh garlic mustard greens, Chinese fried dough, mock chicken, stir fried vegetables and seasoned rice. She then proceeded to open the lids on all of them and waft their aromas in my direction. :twisted: :roll: After she figured out this would not work (although the Lord knows I was tempted) she then began to eat them in front of me, offering me some every other bite. Eventually, I just packed up my work and left. :roll:

Ugh. While I have mostly not been tempted by food, Queen C has me craving fresh garlic broccoli. Ugh. I hate her.

Until the next installment...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:24 am 

Day 9 of 40

PW: 146.2lbs (04/01/11)
CW: 145.0lbs (04/02/11)

Was once again shocked when I checked out the scale this morning. Another pound released. Yay for 145lbs! How is it that I have lost 13lbs on the scale and I don't see a difference? Ugh. Perhaps I have so much fat I am losing it from places I can't even see...lol...but no, really? Well, come 139lbs I am convinced I will have to see it.

Todays is starting off well and I am in good spirits...but yesterday...

Yesterday was particularly tough. Around 7PM yesterday I was ready to pack it in and give up. I was in my car, running errands for the restaurant and all I really wanted was some steamed garlic broccoli. The thoughts started dancing in my head: "You've already lost 11 pounds, what could one plate of broccoli hurt?" "You're on day eight, you don't need to go ten days and certainly not 40 days?" "You can't do this." "What if you are secretly hurting your body...you should probably stop the cleanse now." I was so tempted. Like, the ONLY thing that prevented me from breaking the cleanse was the fact that I was in my car. No. God provided that I was in my car when I had the crisis so, as always, He was there too. In the end I stuck it out by going home and having a tablespoon of maple syrup...raw. No chaser. Maybe my blood sugar was low, I don't know, but afterwards I felt marginally better. And Queen C helped...sorta...

So after running my errands, I went back to the restaurant to help put stuff away, to check on staff and to do paperwork when I ran into Queen C. She sat down and started complaining. "I want Indian food. When are we going to having Indian food." "In June," I replied. "Why? Why do you have to be on this detox. Have you lost any weight? Like a pound?" She said snickering. Any remaining weakness I had yesterday at that point was dissolved. I feel like everyone on the cleanse needs a hater or a doubter...it's easy not to doubt yourself when others will do it for you.

As always, best of luck and best of health to anyone on the cleanse.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:42 am 

Oh my goodness! Stay positive About your goal! And that queen b needs to be a little more supportive! And if she can't I guess we all know the kind of friend she is! I swear no one really knows I am doing this for sure except my boyfriend! I prefer it that way to avoid any negative people! Good luck!

Angela

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:47 am 

Oh and no matter what there is no right and wrong time to do this cleanse! There are always opportunities to be invited to this and that no matter when we choose to detox! We made a choice! Be strong and brave! We are rooting for you here even though other people might try to be negative about it!

Cheers! Lemon cleanse on!

Angela

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:51 am 

Thanks Angela! The positivity is always appreciated! Best of luck with your own 30 day challenge, I'm definitely rooting for you!

TGF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:01 am 

Day 10 of 40

PW: 145.0lbs (04/02/11)
CW: 144.0lbs (04/03/11)

I made it to day ten...yay! I didn't even realize it until I went to type it a moment ago. It's kind of uneventful because I have 30 days left but it does mean I am 1/4 of the way there so...yay!

Yesterday was uneventful...just a long, long day that had nothing to do with the MC.

Today is my day off so I am planning to relax and stay in bed...and maybe go for a long meandering walk later.

I released another pound today which brings my total weight release to 14lbs for nine days on the MC. While I am certainly excited about that, I know the first 8lbs are the result of water weight that dissipates as there is less sodium in your system...and that once sodium is reincorporated into my diet some of it will come back. This is fine, as I won't be no sodium diet forever but I will certainly take in a LOT LOT less! I really look forward to seeing my weight release from this point forward...I am crossing my fingers that it continues in a moderate way...I'm not asking for a pound a day...but a half pound would be lovely :D

Best of luck and best of health to anyone else on the cleanse!

ETA: I am experiencing very few to no detox symptoms. I spoke about this with another cleanser and she argued that even though I thought my diet was pretty bad that it might not be bad enough to produce dramatic detox symptoms. She might be right...I have been a strict vegetarian for three years, I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke and my favorite junk food is roasted almonds and stir-fried broccoli...I've just always eaten too much of them...especially the almonds :lol: That being said, I have a HORRIBLE and LEGENDARY sweet tooth :twisted: I feel as though if the maple syrup is acting as a bit of a crutch. Post cleanse I don't plan to eat non-natural sugars and stop adding sugar (natural or non-natural) into my foods. My family has a serious history of diabetes; my father takes insulin and my grandmother had both legs amputated before she died. I don't want to walk that road.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:33 pm 

Hey thatgirlfit85,

How are you? still on the cleanse? what day?

Wishing you all the strength to get to day 40 if you're still on this journey!

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group
Imagetu