Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: VEGGYGIRL: Started 03/25/11, Just finished day 4 of the MC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:41 pm 

Hey all! This is my first post! I'm Veggygirl from the East Coast, USA.

I wish I knew about this forum before! I started on 03/25/11. I am finishing up day 4 of the cleanse. (I'm waiting for my laxative tea to steep right now!) I'm doing the MC mainly for the weight-loss and re-setting of my system, but the detoxification and cleansing is also very important to me. I'm on day 4 and I'm planning on going 9 days, since I already paid for tickets to a special dinner event this coming weekend before I started the cleanse. So I plan to eat light at the dinner, and then continue with eating as much raw-vegan foods as I can. I'm already vegan and have done the master cleanse and raw food before. As far as weight, in my adult years I've always been between 130~150lbs, until the past year when ballooned up to 180 lbs. I started doing a lot of baking and not working out and a recent trip the doctor made me realize just how much weight I've gained in a short about of time... So I'm hoping to wipe the slate clean and start over.

I started at 180. I ate light in the 3 days leading up to the cleanse to ease into it. I'm 4 days in to the actual cleanse now. Yesterday I weighed in at 175 and this morning I weighed in at 176 lbs (not sure why that is?) I'm also doing between 5~15 minutes a day on the elliptical.

My least favorite part of the cleanse is having to drink the salt water flush. I have a hard time drinking more than 3 cups of liquid since I have a small bladder and already pee so often. When I do the salt water flush I have to wear a bib and put paper towels on the table, because I start to gag and almost puke by the time I get to cup 2 and 3. I end up splitting some out, but I just close my eyes and say to myself "you can do this" over and over again until I have it down.

Other than that, its been going fairly well. I've had a lot of hunger today, but yesterday I had none and was full of energy, so I'm not sure what thats all about. Yesterday I only had 6 servings and today I've had 10 servings of the lemonade. Strange. On day one and two I cheated a teeny bit by eating a tbsp of hummus. I know thats a no-no and I was mad at myself after. It hasn't effected my motivation or progress as a whole. I also did a little chew-and-spit where I chewed some tortilla chips and spit them into a napkin just because I needed to change the lemon-y taste in my mouth and feel the sensation of chewing. So I hate to admit that, but its been a struggle. Overall I'm doing better than I did the last 2 times I did the master cleanse. The last few times I only lasted 5 days.. this time I'm hoping to really make it through to 9 days as well as I can. Wish me luck!

Other updates:
I've lost between 4~5 lbs. Hopefully I'll have a better number by tomorrow morning!
My tounge is white-ish
My belly feels flatter and less bloated
My sense of smell is strong
I've been peeing every 30 minutes
I've had a hard time falling asleep (yesterday I was just FULL of energy) but have slept heavily/well
I've had vivid dreams
I've had no cravings for alcohol, soda, sweets, or chocolate
I HAVE had cravings for bread, crackers, soup, veggies, potatoes, etc.

Can't wait to start day 5 tomorrow and weigh myself to see if I've lost any more! Anyone else cleansing right now?
Thanks for reading!