[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Joseph's MC Blog

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Joseph's MC Blog
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:03 pm 

May 17 (Day 13)

Morning: I had another good night’s rest last night, which is the rule rather than the exception on the MC diet. Better sleep is definitely a benefit of the MC diet. Today is another cool and dry day, but I enjoyed some additional exercise this morning, as planned, in the form of ten 40-yard sprints right after a long bike ride and calisthenics.

Afternoon: Everything continues on schedule. I am looking forward to completing my 15-day MC journey on Thursday, May 19. I will probably go shopping for orange juice and the vegetable soup ingredients on Thursday for my post-cleanse days, which begin Friday, May 20.

Evening: I enjoyed another vigorous set of evening exercises with a long bike ride, calisthenics, and ten 40-yard sprints. I drank a lot of water all day and during my exercises, so part of that is reflected in my evening weight increase from this morning. Fortunately, the trend is still down from yesterday. Best to all!

Summary…
Morning Weight: 239.6 pounds
Morning sea salt water flush: yes
Master cleanse 8-ounce servings: 8
Evening laxative tea servings: 1
Evening Weight: 240.8 pounds
Cumulative weight loss: 13.2 pounds
Health: normal
Emotions: normal
Exercise: rode bicycle, ran sprints, and performed calisthenics (85 minutes)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:56 am 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:03 am 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:29 pm 

May 18 (Day 14)

Morning: I am looking forward to completing Day 15 tomorrow, which is the target of my journey! I slept well again last night, but I woke up a little tired and sore from the extra-long double workouts yesterday. I am planning to exercise only once today, during the early evening.

Afternoon: Planning ahead, I think I would prefer to do several 10-day MCs per year, rather than a longer one. For me, the boredom of the diet is challenging beyond 10 days. My sense of well-being was quite good on day 10. Today, I honestly don’t feel any different than I did on Day 10. I may plan a 10-day MC journey starting around Labor Day in the U.S. (September 5), if anyone would like to join me, and another one after the Christmas and New Years’ holidays.

Evening: Only 24 hours to go until I officially complete my 15-day journey! I’m excited about going to the grocery store in the morning and buying the orange juice and the food I’ll need for the three-day post-cleanse! I plan to follow the book’s guidance and come off of the MC diet correctly.

Summary…
Morning Weight: 240.6 pounds
Evening laxative tea servings: 1
Evening Weight: 240.8 pounds
Cumulative weight loss: 13.2 pounds
Health: feel slightly bloated (salt from daily SWF?)
Exercise: rode bicycle (30 minutes)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:45 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:18 am 

Last edited by Joseph2011 on Thu May 19, 2011 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:50 am 

Hi Joseph,
Congrats on completing your 15 day cleanse. You must be so proud of yourself as you should be.
I feel the same boredom. To day is my day 9 and since yesterday, I'm just actually fed up, and would like to start enjoying food again. Hopefully in a much healthier way this time. I also reached a weight loss plateau and weighed in at the same weight for the past 3 days, so a total loss of 3 kgs in 9 days....a little dissapointment, as I was hoping to lose at least 5kgs in the 10 days. Oh well, I'll just have to eat well and excercise as the rest of the world does :mrgreen:
Bye for now

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:26 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:03 pm 

May 19 (Day 15)

Morning: Day 15! My MC journey has resulted in a productive, full-body cleanse, better sleep, more exercise, a better sense of wellness, and modest weight loss. I took my final SWF this morning and I will go to the grocery store later this morning to purchase my post-cleanse supplies for the next several days. I will remain strictly on the lemonade for the remainder of the day to complete Day 15.

All in all, I think several 10-day MC journeys per year will work the best for me.

Special note: Many thanks to the support I received from the forum's participants during my journey! You were a great source of strength! :D

Afternoon: Last year, in early June, I attempted a 15-day MC, but I stopped after 4.5 days due to boredom and no desire to continue. This time, I was completely resolved to finish the journey. Reading various MC blogs, journals, and watching videos from people who have gone 40 days inspired me to complete my journey to 15 days, which seemed easy by comparison.

Evening: I made it! I consumed the last serving of my lemonade mix earlier, which marked 15 days with no solid food! I survived only on the liquid calories from the lemonade mix and I felt great doing it. I was never hungry, I did not crave food, and I did not experience any significant illnesses during my journey.

My mean caloric intake per day was 741 calories, with a maximum of 884 and a minimum of 592. Most days, my intake was around 728. Despite my low caloric intake, I never felt tired or drained, and my energy levels remained normal. I only woke up slightly tired once, and that was after running grueling sprints and engaging in other rigorous exercises the previous day, but once I drank the lemonade mix, I was fine.

Regarding the weight loss aspect, which is a welcomed side-effect of the MC, I lost 14.4 pounds overall. During the first 5 days I lost 7.8 pounds. During the second 5 days I lost 5.0 pounds, and during the final five days I lost 1.6 pounds.

My weight sort of bounced within a two-pound range during the final five days of my journey and I felt somewhat bloated at times. I took a lot of steps to overcome the weight loss plateau, but nothing seemed to work consistently.

One issue that I noted is that I was not fully eliminating the salt water flush each day, which may have been a contributing factor to the bloated feeling and the excess water retention I observed. The eliminations were still quite productive in ridding my body of toxins and waste, but I do not think I was eliminating the full quart of sea salt water each morning. Others have reported the same.

Summary…
Morning Weight: 240.8 pounds
Evening laxative tea servings: no longer applicable
Evening Weight: 239.6 pounds
Cumulative weight loss: 14.4 pounds
Health: normal
Exercise: rode bicycle, ran sprints, and performed calisthenics (40 minutes)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:18 pm 

GREAT job Joseph on completing the cleanse!! You rock. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:28 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:31 pm 

May 20 (post-cleanse Day 1)

Morning: Another good night’s sleep! Enough cannot be said about the improved-sleep benefit of the MC. On most nights, I fell to sleep fairly quickly and slept soundly all night, except for maybe once early in the journey when I briefly awoke in the middle of the night. My wife reported that I snored on fewer nights too. LOL.

I enjoyed a glass of orange juice this morning after I drank some water to ease into the transition. After 15 days of consuming only the lemonade, laxative tea, water, and sea salt water, the orange juice was a welcomed change. I drank the juice slowly and felt satisfied after an 8-oz glass.

Afternoon: So far, I have had three 8-oz. glasses of OJ, which are about 110 calories each (330 total). I am beginning to become a little hungry for solid food again, but I am resolved to complete the post-cleanse as the book prescribes, so I will stick to the OJ for the remainder of today and most of tomorrow. I am really looking forward to making the vegetable soup tomorrow for dinner tomorrow evening!

Evening: Although I was slightly hungry at times today, I feel great. I was tempted to eat several times during the day, but I resisted and remained solely on the orange juice, as planned. It’s funny because I was never tempted to eat during the MC, yet today, the first day of the post-cleanse, I found myself thinking more and more about food. Fortunately, the impulses were not overwhelming.

One added benefit of closely following the post-cleanse is additional weight loss. The salt water flush is not required during the post-cleanse, so my body was finally able to rid itself of the extra sodium and water that had been stored for several days. I did not feel bloated today, I released a lot of water (urination), and I felt much lighter. In fact, I lost two additional pounds over the past 24 hours! So, I definitely recommend closely following the post-cleanse for a nice little weight-loss reward at the end. I was pleasantly surprised!

Summary…
Morning Weight: 238.8 pounds
Evening Weight: 237.6 pounds
Cumulative weight loss: 16.4 pounds
Orange juice 8-ounce servings: 6
Health: I feel great and I’m no longer bloated at all!
Emotions: elated!
Exercise: rode bicycle, ran sprints, and performed calisthenics (40 minutes)

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:22 am 

Congrats Joseph on completing your cleanse. Thank you for your support on my cleanse as well!! Best Wishes, Dubble

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:39 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:14 pm 

CONGRATULATION JOSEPH !! Great Job on completing your cleanse.

I too am one of the people who retains water doing the SWF. Grrrr!

Like you, I'm thinking that several 10 day cleanses per year are the way to go. I've found the long cleanses beneficial, but I remember thinking at about day 10 that this was a good, manageable length. One I would have no trouble fitting into my busy life and schedule. Plus it makes sense not to let my body get so out of wack that I need 21 or more days, you know?

Isn't the orange juice just THE BEST thing after lemonade, lemonade and more lemonade? Also, it felt weird after pooping so much not to poop for the first day or two post cleanse. You're getting me psyched up for the end of mine.

xo littlemissMC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next