Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: My 40 Day MC Experience- Comments/Questions welcome :)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:38 am 

Wow! Your whole journey has been amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us! You look amazing!!!

I am especially excited to see your results and progress because I am attempting to take on a 40 day cleanse myself. I am currently on day 12 and have lost 14.5 pounds so far. I really should take before and after pics and also take measurements so I can see the difference in those ways also when I am done. I have over 50 pounds to lose so I think the first 7-10 days I lost more because I have a lot to lose, but luckily it is staying steady. Not tons each day, but I am averaging 1 lb a day now.

It was great to read all your entries and see your pics. I am so inspired! I know I can do this also! Only 28 more days to go. I know you are pretty much done, and are just coming off it now but if you get a chance to pop in here or there and check out my journal, any words of encouragement would be great. I really hope I can have the same success that you had.

As far as your tummy hurting, the only thing I can attribute it to is possibly that you are coming off of it too fast maybe. I am not sure, but I know that 40 days is a very long time for your body to not have food so if you start eating meat and things within only 1 or 2 days of coming off, it might make your stomach upset. But I can understand the need and desire to put more substance in you after so long.

On my last cleanse, I attempted to go for 40 days, and only made it to day 26 because I found out I was pregnant. But when I was coming off of it, I really blew it with how quickly I allowed myself to eat things, and not only did I have an upset stomach but I gained some of the weight back pretty fast. I am sure that won't happen to you because you look like you have lots of will power and determination to start eating healthier and doing it the right way, but just be aware of how your stomach may feel if you eat certain things too quickly. I am just speaking from experience. Of course, I could totally be off base and it may be something else. Just listen to your body and I am sure you will be just fine.

Once again, congrats on your success! I am so excited for you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:42 am 

Ryan- thank you so much for staying on the board and posting updates about your post-cleanse experience. It is so valuable to all of us! Sounds like you have a very healthy and realistic attitude about your lifestyle...keeping it real but realistic if that makes any sense. That is a great example for all of us!

I am taking about a ~30 hour sabbatical (if you want to call it that) today through a couple hours past my long run tomorrow. I know I won't make my 21 miles (I do one 20, one 21 and one 22 mile run each spaced 2 weeks apart...with other running in between, of course, before a marathon...and the 20 miler 2 weeks ago was when I had been on the MC for 3 days and I didn't make it through!...anyway, I am having some sweet potatoes today and will have a recovery meal then back to the LA after that for about 10 or so more days. I know it's not ideal but I can't stand the thought of not doing this run AND I want to continue on the cleanse...so I thought that was a good compromise. Anyway, we'll see... I haven't even really been hungry today but I've had some potatoes and lots of water.

Thanks again for keeping us posted! Have an awesome holiday weekend!
BG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:06 am 

You are so right about WholeFoods or as many of my friends call it "WholePaycheck" ...lol

It is good to reasearch places to find the best deal for sure. So glad that you are still sharing all of your post cleanse info. I hope you don't get the idea to leave us anytime soon.

I really do appreciate you sharing so much of yourself. Listening to you helps me to keep my resolve and stay motivated to do this.

Cheers to you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:45 am 

Meemers-
Thanks for reading! You are absolutely right about the taking it a lot easier thing. Though I've been keeping it healthy, I need to still eat less. It's like I'll say to myself "Oh, I can have 4 bananas, because they're bananas it's ok". Not good! But that's great that you lost 14.5 lbs already, probably even more since you posted! I lost a total of 23 lbs, but my goal was 125 which I'm still working towards. But if you say you have more weight to lose then you will probably lose a lot more I did. I definitely plan on sticking around and cleansing again in the future. So I will totally check out your blog and keep track of your progress. I found it so amazingly helpful using this forum and knowing that people were reading because it made me feel accountable and also gave me a lot of encouragement. So I'm more than happy you pass that along. Good luck!! :)

BamaGirl-
Hey!! So I didn't have such a great day yesterday. I'll post about that in the following. But anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing about how your running goes. I think the way you have it planned out sounds pretty do-able. With such long runs you will definitely need more than the LAs to keep you going so I'm glad you're adjusting. It's tough when you are training for something and trying to keep this up at the same time, but it looks like you're making it work. I definitely want to do another cleanse. But my next one I will most likely shoot for two weeks, don't think I would do another 40 days for about a year or so. Wow I'm already thinking thinking about my next cleanse haha! But yea my job is having its 75th anniversary party Oct 15th, it's going to be a black tie formal. I'm pretty excited, so I'll probably do my next one in preparation of that. So I will definitely be around continuing to update and checking out everyone's progress!

ModernMiss-
Thank you! No, I definitely plan on continuing to update. When I was first starting my cleanse, I would look for information and read other peoples stories. But I would get so frustrated when they would just tapper off, and you never know what they're results were. I'm happy to share, the good and the bad. Unfortunately, yesterday wasn't so great. But I'm making adjustments which is the most important thing.

Ok.. so as I said, yesterday was definitely not one of my great days that I get excited to rave about. It was my 2nd day off the cleanse. (Well technically it was my 5th day since my final day drinking only the lemonade. But I am counting my 3 weening off days as part of my 40 cleanse.) But anyway, I totally overdid it. A coworker of mine and someone who I've really grown to know and love had a heart attack at work on Tuesday. He is in pretty bad shape, had a 100% blockage in an artery and not looking very good right now. So in addition to the emotional stress, we're also short staffed and I've picked up his shifts. This will mostly become my permanent schedule now which is fine, but it was just pretty unexpected and will take some getting used to. So anyway, yesterday I had to work a double. I've sort of had a weird feeling in my stomach for the last couple of days. It's not so much a pain, but just uncomfortable. Also, I feel like I really can't tell when I'm hungry, and I did a lot of snacking yesterday. After I eat it feels like I have a blown up balloon is in my stomach. It pokes out and feels hard, mostly toward the bottom of my belly. I feel like I have a pregnant look! So yesterday, I started the day with eating oatmeal and a granola bar. Then throughout the day I ate a couple bananas, a piece of fish, lots of water, a whole bag of apple chips which I was dipping in hummus, another bowl of oatmeal & a granola bar, a couple pieces of wheat bread with hummus, a spinach pie wrap, and a bowl of veggie soup! And I'm probably still leaving something out!! I totally overdid it yesterday. I was at work from about 11 in the morning to 2am. So it was a long day. But if I felt like I may be eating too much, I would just tell myself it's ok, because what I'm eating is healthy. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I think I was only concerned with gaining weight back, and not even considering the fact that I could possibly be shocking my system too soon too quick. I just felt so heavy and my stomach really felt uncomfortable all day. So I am taking a completely different approach today. I'm going out to buy more syrup and then I'm making a lemonade which I'm going to sip on throughout the day. I am also making an eating schedule for myself which I am going to stick to! That way I won't lose track of what and how often I'm eating. I DO NOT want to take steps backward so I am nipping this in the bud! I don't know what the rules are as far as drinking the lemonade once off the cleanse. I know they say while cleansing you are not to eat anything, but I'm not going to drink it with the purpose of cleansing in mind. So I don't see the harm in having some, while sticking to a healthy eating schedule. I will say one thing that I'm very happy about, is the fact that I'm not craving unhealthy food. They ordered pizza at my job yesterday and I wasn't even tempted to have a bite. I haven't had any cookies, chocolate, fried food, etc. So I guess guess the fact that I'm overeating healthy food is a little better than overeating junk food lol. But like I said, I am going to fix this asap!

So anyway, I was getting a little nervous at work because I could feel that I was overdoing it, so I sent my uncle an email asking him for some advice from a medical viewpoint. He's a doctor. So, I am copying and pasting our conversation for anyone interested:

Tony, quick question. I'm coming off this juice cleanse that I was doing for 40 days. I didn't have any solid food at all, just my lemonade concoction everyday. I've started eating again, keeping it light, fruits, veggies, oatmeal, etc. I never consulted with a doctor or anything, but in weaning back onto food, is there anything I should keep in mind that you can think of?

if you did a cleanse already then your body will most likely like handling light foods. Chicken for protein. I would hold off on any red meat as your body may get a bit upset by it. Take an iron and a B12 supplement to prevent any anemia. Can never go wrong with fruits and veggies. Oatmeal is great too. Just add a multivitamin and you should be fine. Did you have any problems during the cleanse?

Ok cool, thanks a bunch. No, I didn't have any problems during the cleanse, felt great actually. Online they suggest probiotics also, I don't even know what they are, but a couple cleansers suggest taking them afterwards. After I eat now my stomach just feels hard though and kind of pokes out, even eating lightly. Do you think that means anything, or maybe I should do even smaller portions?

smaller portions for sure.... your GI tract is basically atrophied. Probiotics promote regular GI bacteria that are benificial towards digestion. With the cleanse, the number of GI bacteria you have will decrease, as will your absorbative ability. take it slow. Probiotics wouldnt hurt (try activia yogurt) but if you arent having any problems they arent really necessary. Just take it slow, space it out, 5-6 snacks a day instead of just 3 meals. Any problems at all, keep me posted.

So my uncle put me at ease a little, and I'm going to take his advice. I got my shift covered today because I had a long day yesterday and a long week ahead. I'm going to run some errands and try to make it to the gym. I need to re-evaluate my work schedule and drop one shift because as of now I will be working 7 days a week, doubles on Mondays. I'm sort of a workaholic. Since I work in a bar, I don't feel the need to have a lot of time off to do other things. My job really is a social life in itself, and my dad works there also so I see him often. Also, on day shifts I don't need to be in until about 11, so I'm always able to get things done before work. It's just when it comes to doctors appointments and such, when I need time off. Speaking of which, I took off this Tuesday because I am getting LASIK surgery on my eye. I'm very excited about this because I've had to wear glasses my whole life. Ok, absolutely none of this has to do with cleansing lol, but if anyone reading happens to be curious about LASIK I'll be able to let you know how that goes in a few days. Ok, I think I've rambled enough, so that's all for now. Wish me luck!

-Ryan 8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:46 am 

Ryan - I love your rambling. It makes me feel right at home. Coming from a fellow rambler. It really allows us to get to know you better and see you as a "real" person. Don't stop. I am also really interested in finding out how Lasik goes.

I really do appreciate you sharing the info from your uncle. I know it made me feel a little bit better. I have probiotics that I purchased and will be ready for me when I have completed the cleanse. Small portions is so key. I'll right that on several sticky notes and keep them around for encouragement when I am eating. I have already told myself that and have even envisioned how I will do it. I really am desperate to not put this weight back on.

Thanks again for sharing a piece of you and your world.

Also wishing your co-worker a speedy recovery.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:47 pm 

Thank you so much for your most recent post! I really appreciate all of your insight "post cleanse" and also the information from your uncle. It will really help me make good choices I think when I start coming off the cleanse. Your rambling is very helpful so don't worry about it. :)

I think small portions is key also. I am desperate not to put any of this weight back on when I am done, so I will definitely be taking it easy and try to be very strict and careful with how much I eat and what I allow myself to eat. Our stomachs will all shrink with our individual cleanses, so we will get full much quicker. So we must remember that even though the food may taste heavenly, especially after not having it for so long, that we must stop when we feel content and not keep eating just because it tastes good. Otherwise we will put weight back on and stretch out our stomachs.

All of your thoughts, advice, and tips are very useful. Thank you so much for continueing to check in and update us on everything. Good luck with everything and I hope that with the smaller portions and probiotics you will feel more yourself and the weirdness in your stomach will go away. You are an inspiration!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:17 am 

I haven't had a chance to update in a while. Sorry about that, just been crazy busy. Ok, so as much as I AM an advocate for the cleanse, I'm also going to be brutally honest in reporting the good and the bad. Unfortunately, I've gained back a couple of lbs. I'm up to 135! And it's been just over a week since I finished the cleanse. Everyone is still telling me I look great, and nobody seems to notice that I'm back up a few pounds, but I can feel it. I can feel it in my clothes, I can see the subtle changes, and it's just breaking my heart. I mentioned that a coworker and good friend of mine had a heart attack. So that, along with having surgery this week and working crazy hours is what I'm blaming it on. I haven't had as much time to work out and my eating schedule has been all over the place. Initially I chose to do this cleanse with the intentions of losing weight. All the other benefits were just icing on the cake. I felt amazing about a week ago, but now, just the idea of gaining weight back is causing me to feel really depressed. I refuse to go back to how I was before. So I have made a decision. Starting tomorrow I am going to do the cleanse again for two weeks. At the end I'm going to take a whole new approach to coming off. Yes I know you're not supposed to cleanse again so soon, so please don't tell me this is something I shouldn't do. I think I'm also going to take a multivitamin this time. I know that people may think I am abusing the cleanse and not doing it for what it's purpose is, but I'm not going to change my mind. I had two eggs and veggie sausage links for breakfast this morning and seriously considered vomiting after I ate because I was so upset over the fact that I've gained weight. So rather than develop an eating disorder, I'm gonna try this again and make sure to come off of it properly. With these sort of cleanses, they say the hardest part is always keeping the weight off, but I know it is possible! I purely have myself to blame. I know that if I ate better and worked out more I could've done it. I now know how amazing and seriously euphoric it feels to lose weight and be happy about my body, and I do not want to lose that feeling.

So, let me go into what I did incorrectly. I never ate any of the 'bad foods', which is a good thing. I think I have actually completely lost my taste for things such as pizza, cookies, chocolate, etc which is absolutely amazing! Because anyone who knows me, knows those have always been some of my favorite things. However, I mentioned before that I have always been a big snacker. Well, that has not changed. So I found myself snacking on dried apple chips and hummus, sounds ok right? Although they are low in calories, a whole bag and a whole container of hummus in one sitting can be bad. So I was doing that sort of thing. Also, eating portions that were too big, whether it be oatmeal or a bowl of cereal, etc. One day I had a turkey burger that was so good, I had another one! But told myself it was ok because it was healthy!! So, when I come off the cleanse this time I'm going to write out a strict eating schedule for myself which I am going to follow to a tee. If I was able to have the will power to not eat for 40 days, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do this. I am so disappointed that I allowed myself to gain some of the weight back and come off the cleanse so poorly. I feel very depressed about it, to the point that I really want to cry. I worked so hard, and managed to take steps backward so quickly. But like I said, I'm going to try again. And now I will be starting at 135 rather than 150 lbs. So, this should be interesting. Last time I started my cleanse I lost about 12 lbs in my first ten days. So, we'll see how it goes this time. I won't be telling anyone else that I'm doing this again. If any coworkers or friends see me drinking my lemonade I'm just going to tell them that I decided to continue drinking it from time to time because I like the taste. I know my coworkers and friends probably wouldn't approve of me doing this again so soon, especially since half of them didn't approve of me doing it in the first place. But I'm not going to change my mind. So, this forum will be the only place I'll be talking about it. It's going to be a little more difficult now that I'm sort of hiding it from people, but I will have to manage to make it work. Honestly, I am looking forward to doing this again. As much as I missed food before, I actually miss cleansing. I really liked the taste of the juice and the way I felt throughout. Tomorrow I am also going to take my measurements and track my progress more thoroughly. So, I guess that is all for now. I'll be back tomorrow, day 1!!

-Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:48 am 

Ryan,

I admire your honesty and bravery to admit that you made some choices that weren't very good. It would probably have been way easier to act like you are still doing well, but because you told us what is going on...I think it will help us all also. I really appreciate you telling us exactly what went wrong so that those of us who are still on the cleanse can try to avoid those same mistakes. We are learning from you. I bet if I were in your position I would be doing the same thing, as far as doing another cleanse (mini) and then try to come off it the right way.

When I did my last cleanse, I did it for 26 days but I came off it all wrong and ate certain foods to fast, too much, etc. and I gained a lot back. I am determined to come off of it the right way this time. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, the good and the bad. I will really utilize it in my own life. I am currently on day 19 and still going strong. Exactly 3 weeks from being done, and my halfway point is tomorrow, so I am excited about that.

I know that if you put your mind to it, you can come off it the right way this time and keep the weight off. And just try to remember the positive, you are starting out much lower in weight than last time, so you are even more than likely going to get to your initial goal weight of 125 or maybe even less this time around. And also, your are catching yourself early before you continue to make food chocices that will cause you to gain even more weight, so that is another positive. You are fixing the problem early before it gets worse. Remember that. Just try to keep your chin up and keep going strong. Good luck and please continue to update us.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:28 pm 

Hey Ryan -
Don't beat yourself up over this - it happens. If I had $1.00 for every time I lost a lot of weight, then put some on - I wouldn't need to work 2 jobs :)
I thought I read in one of the books, that people came off the cleanse and drank the lemonade mix for 2 out of 3 meals a day. Maybe that might work to help with either your next cleanse or coming off this one?

Good luck and thanks for the honestly. I am actually a little nervous to come off the cleanse, for that reason. So I appreciate this knowledge.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:09 am 

Ryan,

I will say that coming off the cleanse can be a scary thought. On the cleanse you knew exactly what you were to consume. Off the cleanse, the choices are so great and to navigate all the right ones can be difficult.

I like your idea of planning an eating schedule. Look at your calories consumed and keep them at a certain level. Make a menu and stick with it. Eating regularly will rev up your metabolism and keep you losing, albeit at a slower rate than the cleanse. You obviously are a disciplined person so you should be able to do this part of it.

I'm wishing you the best,

ModernMiss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:44 am 

Ryan! Please don't beat yourself up! You have done AMAZING things...more discipline and focus than most people can ever imagine. I think the few pounds are mostly intestinal bulk (which is expected...when you finished the cleanse you were literally empty!). I do think you have a really good perspective on what you have done over the last week or so and what you can do moving forward. I know you don't want people to tell you not to do the cleanse for another 12 days (I totally understand!). I belive if that's what feels right to you, then do it. Perhaps this time you can take a few days at the end to ease back into more complex nutrients. Think about what your doctor uncle said about your digestive system having atrophied over the course of the 40 day cleanse. Maybe it still needs a little time! And after another 12 days, I am thinking it will be in your best interest to try and ease back in over at least a few days. You are so right, though, about healthy food being great in "normal" quantities (although what is normal anymore :D ). I have a rule of thumb regarding that sort of thing: if it's green, there is pretty much no limit. Think about fresh spinach or brocolli or other greens. Almost no calories, nutrient rich and lots of fiber. (Avocados should be limited but that's about the only green I can think of that is an exception.) Complex carbs (ie potatoes, corn etc) should also be ingested in limited quantities...not that they are bad, but too many carbs puts on weight. Period. Lean meats are not a free-for-all but are much better choices than ground meats (if you watch "Food Inc" you may never eat ANY ground meat again...or meat that isn't free range!). Anyway, I know folks argue about this left and right and there's research to support all viewpoints, but I am a believer that calories DO matter.
Seems to me like your head is in the right place. Just take a deep breath, pat yourself on the back for goodness sake, and be healthy about all this. Your body is a temple!

Good luck and please continue to keep us posted!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:11 pm 

Meemers, Famisamis, ModernMiss & Bamagirl-
Thank you guys for being so understanding and supportive! I was so disappointed to have to report some bad news. But this is a learning experience for me and I promise, my story will have a happy ending!! Lol. It sucks to have gained some of the weight back, but I know I only have myself to blame. And I'm now determined to make the changes necessary for success! I was looking back in my blog and rereading how I didn't even stick to the veggie soup my first couple of days weaning off. So I was doomed from that point. Bamagirl I am going to do a lot of juicing when I come off the cleanse this time, lots of greens! I am going to be much, much more disciplined, especially now that I know how quick and easy it is to take a turn for the worst. However, I'm still not craving any of the unhealthy food, and loving the healthy stuff, which is amazing for me. I'm hoping that maybe I'll even gain more similar long-term benefits from doing another cleanse.

So today was day 1.... again lol. I must say, it actually felt really good to back on the cleanse again. It will probably be much easier for me now because I will more or less know what to expect. Today at work a customer came in who had been away for the summer and commented on how slim I looked. That made me feel happy, to know that I am not completely starting from scratch. I mean, I am still smaller than I was when I originally started. But now that I know how it feels to be as small as I was, I am determined to get back there and stay there.
So anyway, today went well. I had about 8 glasses of the lemonade and I didn't feel any hunger at all. I was kind of tired throughout the day, but that could be because I was at work pretty late last night and didn't get much sleep. Otherwise, my body feels fine. I will come back tomorrow evening with a more detailed account of my first 2 days cleansing. Off to bed now!

-Ryan :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:15 am 

Great job restarting! Here I was thinking that the actual cleanse was going to be the hardest part for me, but now I am dreading coming off cause I am so worried about gaining any of the weight back. It seems like that is much harder. At least on this cleanse, we are only allowed certain things and have to follow that. Coming off, we have to make the wise decisions to eat right and limit our portions, etc.

I appreciate you sharing your whole journey with us, even the bad parts with coming off, etc. I admire your dedication to fixing the mistake right away. I also want to learn from your story and try to avoid that, so I have a better idea how I want to try to come off my 40 day. I hope you succeed better when coming off this next shorter cleanse and I hope I do well too. Keep it up!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:22 am 

Ryan,

As always you know that we are here for you. You can share and any and all that you are experiencing with this cleanse. We are all human and know this is not an easy road to travel. You just be confident that you are not traveling alone.

Keep posting

ModernMiss

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:25 pm 

Hello all!
Ok, so today was the end of my second day. I forgot to post my beginning weight yesterday which was 136 :? Yikes, I know.. 9 lbs heavier from my lowest weight on the first cleanse. So anyway, today I am 133.2! I haven't had any cravings today or yesterday. I thought about eating, but I then compared it to the thought being thin and there is no comparison. Also, today at work my coworker asked what I was having for lunch, and I had to tell him I had a big breakfast so I wasn't eating lunch. I felt kind of weird lying to him, almost as though I was doing something wrong. But I just really don't want to get into it with anyone. Everyone knows that I just came off the cleanse and that I'm trying to eat less, so that will work in my favor in terms of keeping it a secret. And when they notice me drinking the juice, I just tell them I've decided to keep drinking it from time to time. I did tell my dad however that I was doing this again and he's ok with it. So I'm in the clear. He just don't want me going anymore than two weeks. I know I'm 25 and it's really my choice, but it means a lot to me what my dad thinks and I wouldn't want to hide it from him. His support really helped me through the first 40 days.

So anyway, today went very well. I felt great most of the day, a little tired toward the evening. I have been doing A LOT of thinking about coming off of the cleanse again. I'm going to buy a really good blender/juicer and do a lot of fruit and veggie smoothies. After doing some research, it seems like the Breville and the Jack Lalane are the two top ones to buy. You can throw he whole fruit in there without having to peel it or anything. The Breville seems to have slightly better reviews and is a little more expensive, but it doesn't seem to be available in many nearby stores. It is on Amazon.com though. So I've decided to buy the Jack Lalane one tomorrow because they have it at Bed Bath and Beyond which is very near my house, (and I can use my 20% coupon :D ). So yea, I'm thinking lots of juicing, lots of salads, fruits and veggies. Like I said before also, I'm going to write out an eating schedule which I will force myself to stick to. I haven't been to the gym lately. Thursday I'm going to try to start working out again. I'm thinking of taking up yoga also. My mom said she has been doing yoga and it's made her become so much more into her body, and finds it to be great strength training. I'd always been against yoga because I tried it once at the YMCA, and it was horrible. But I'm guessing that was just a bad class or instructor. So I'm going to find a really good place and give it another go.
Ok, so that's about all for now. I'm off to bed!

-Ryan 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next