[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - My 40 Day MC Experience- Comments/Questions welcome :)

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: My 40 Day MC Experience- Comments/Questions welcome :)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:13 am 

[/url]

Because nothing tastes as good as being thin feels...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:58 am 

Katscott-
Thank you so much for reading, and also for the kind words! I'm sorry I haven't been updating as frequently lately.

Ok so tomorrow I am leaving for Vegas, YAY!. Today is Sept. 28th, I completed my 40 day cleanse exactly 4 weeks ago. Number-wise, I currently weigh 130.8 lbs. I have been eating lightly everyday and drinking some lemonade as well up until now. Today will be my last day of that. I haven't been working out due to lack of time. I feel great, and I look pretty great also. Although I am not 127, (which is what I was when I initially came off the cleanse), I am back to looking and feeling that way. I've found that the importance of coming off the cleanse properly is not only to prevent gaining the weight back immediately. It is also important because your body needs time to get into the habit of routine. Now that I've been off for a month and I've forced myself to eat lightly, I find that I'm not as hungry. I don't need as much of the lemonade to help suppress my appetite. If I had one suggestion for Burroughs it would be to extend his 'coming off' phase from 3 days to at LEAST 3 weeks, depending on how long your cleanse was. In a nutshell (and in my own words), he says in his book: cleanse for 2 weeks, the drink OJ and soup for 3 days, then go back to a healthy diet (he suggests a raw food diet). Well, I am really one for following a plan. I read many suggestions online, and different tweaks to Burroughs' plan. But I chose to buy the book and stick to his original version because I just feel that's the way it should be done. However, of course everyone is different and may need to make adjustments according to their own experiences and bodies. But for me, I would just have to put a little more importance on the coming off phase.

Other than that, everything went great. I had one minor set back when I first came off, but in a way I'm kind of glad that happened. Because right away I did something about it, and made the necessary changes. It also forced me to experience how bad it feels to gain some weight back, and also how QUICKLY it can happen! So I know that I do NOT want to go back there.

Now that all is said and done, I would still 100% definitely recommend the cleanse to anyone. It was honestly one of the best things I ever did for myself ever. And it was the best I've felt in a really long time. Honestly, I can't even remember feeling the way I did while I was cleansing ever! I definitely plan on doing another 30-40 day cleanse some time next year, probably once it gets close to the summer. But I will update when I get back from Vegas, (maybe even with a picture! lol). And in addition to that, I will try to pop in at least once a week for the next couple of months to keep up with how I'm doing. And of course, feel free to send me any questions and I'll do my best to help you out however I can. Ok that's about all for now.

Bon Voyage!!
-Ryan 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:24 pm 

You go girl! Hope you bought some hot clothes to wear on your trip and enjoy your new look and feel! Beware of the buffets! (they're not that good anyway)
-katie

[/url]

Because nothing tastes as good as being thin feels...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:53 pm 

Very inspirational! Thanks for sharing your 40-day fasting success with us. I've read a lot of your thread as I'm considering a longer fast this time. It won't be 40 days, however, since I have to be at a wedding one month from tomorrow.

I chose 196 because that's when my BMI will move out of being 'obese' into being merely 'overweight'. When I reach that goal, I will set another goal. I'm 5'8" and 59yo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:02 am 

Amazing journal!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6