Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: My 40 Day MC Experience- Comments/Questions welcome :)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:47 am 

Good luck! And I said it to someone else - you are right about the weight and being able to say no to bad food choices, because "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." :)
I think it is good you tell someone in your life you are on the cleanse. I told some people at my jobs, "just in case." If something extreme happens (faint, injury, etc..) I feel it is necessary that someone tells the paramedics I haven't eaten in 22 days :)

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:05 am 

Good job Ryan...getting back on the MC wagon. You are doing well!

I also wanted to mention that I bought a Jack LaLane juicer at Bed Bath and Beyond with my 20% coupon and it was a steal! I absolutely love my juicer and have no complaints. It works great and is good quality. I have made plenty of fresh juices with it, veggies and fruits, and that is what I have been using to juice all my lemons on my cleanse. Anyway, enjoy yours. I am sure you will!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:35 pm 

I bought the same juicer from Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% off too. Great minds think a like...lol

Thanks for continuing to share your journey with us Ryan.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:26 pm 

Haha that's so funny, we all had the same idea! Well I'm glad to know that juicer is a good choice, thanks for the heads up!

So today was day 3, and I am currently 131.2 lbs. I'm sure it has mostly been water weight, but nevertheless, I'm happy to see the numbers going down again. I'm also hoping that now maybe I will reach my original goal of 125. Either way, I'm going to try to focus more on what I am actually doing rather than what the scale is showing. I want to work out a lot more, become a little more toned. Honestly, I don't even need to see the numbers. I was able to feel it immediately when I started to put back on a few. Not only could I feel it in my clothes, I just felt a little sluggish. And when I'm lower on the scale I feel so much better inside and out.

So I felt pretty good today. I haven't had the enormous amount of energy feeling yet. But I don't feel drained either, kind of at a happy medium since I started again. My tongue is already white again! But it doesn't really have a thick coating like it did last time, it's much thinner. But it is also still early so that might change. I had slight cravings, but nothing extreme. I felt sort of hungry at times throughout the day, but once I sipped on my lemonade that seemed to go away. Ok, well I'm drinking my organic herbal tea now, and then it's off to bed!

-Ryan 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:53 pm 

Ryan -
are you straight cleansing or juicing during the cleanse? Curious how you like your juicer. Was thinking of getting one and maybe working this in to the daily food routine as I come off the cleanse. You know maybe to start 2 meals a day will be juiced, then a salad with protein for dinner? Then as my body readjusts to food, go down to one juiced meal a day and 2 food meals. Figured if I am committing to this want to buy a quality juicer that doesn't take a lot of work on my end (you know peeling the fruit/veggies). Do you like yours?

Amy

Also, I know how you feel about the sluggish gain and scale. How can one small item have so much control on how your day will go? It is amazing how in control we are with things and a scale can just throw us off.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:04 am 

I don't think you will be disappointed in the juicer. Of course there are some on the market that are 3x the cost that may be better, but I have used this one for about 5 years and I haven't had any complaints. Clean up is the only part that really takes time....not that much time, but time nonetheless. I like to use it when I am going to juice a lot. Making one glass of MC, does not constitute it's use...lol

Glad to see you are not just focusing on the scale. With being so close to your goal, it's probably a good idea.

Looking forward to hearing how you are doing

ModernMiss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:40 pm 

Faminamis-
As of now, I have been just drinking my lemonades but I am actually thinking of changing it up a little. I haven't had a chance to pick up the juicer yet but I plan on doing so tomorrow. So I'll be sure to write about how it works. Though ModernMiss and Meemers both gave it good reviews, so I feel a lot better about my choice.

Ok, so I think I'm going to switch up my plan slightly. I am around 130 lbs right now. I didn't weigh myself today or yesterday though, so I could be even a little less. I think I am going to start having a small meal once a day throughout the rest of the cleanse. I'm pretty sure one of the reasons I gained some weight back so rapidly last time was food was such a new thing to my body. So, I think I'm going to have a salad, or a bowl of oatmeal, or fruit/veggie smoothies once a day to keep food in my routine. Then maybe when I'm ready to come off the juice, eating won't be such a shock to my body, it won't be a new thing. I thought about this really hard because technically this isn't making it a real Master Cleanse, and I don't want to feel like I'm cheating. BUT, I have to remember I did already complete a full 40 day MC just two weeks ago. So this is somewhat of a post-cleansing technique I guess. But anyway, I will try it out for a couple days and see how it goes. I'm gonna make this short because I'm exhausted, but otherwise I feel great. I feel like I have that glowing look again! I will be back soon to update.

-Ryan 8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:59 am 

Ryan,
I think thats a good idea. Slowly incorporating small amounts of healthy foods will help adjust your body and get it back on track. Let us know how it goes. Good job on the progress!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:18 am 

Ryan, I am sure after a 40 day cleanse so recently, your body needs those meals to replenish its nutritional stores. Best of luck easing into a healthy post-cleanse eating lifestyle. I've always considered cleansing the easy part where the breaking and non-cleanse are where the real challenge and importance lie.

MC3 January 2008
MC4 October 2008
MC5 June 2009
MC6 September 2010
MC7 January 2011
MC8 September 2011
MC9 February 25 2012
MC10 March 17 2014

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:42 pm 

Ryan,

I think that's an excellent idea. At this point you really have to personlaize and make this a part of what you do. No one is going to look down at you for that. At the end of the day, this has to work for you. And let's not forget ( as you mentioned) you did just complete 40 rockin' days of the cleanse.

Wishing you the best in all of this. You have really been an inspiration.

Keep us posted and let us know how it is going for you with the new techniques that you are incorporating.

ModernMiss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:16 pm 

Just wanted to pop in and say I will be updating tomorrow evening. I've been super busy, but still keeping on track!
:D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:30 am 

Ryan,

Glad you are still checking in despite your busy schedule. I look forward to reading your update tonight. Hope everything is going well for you. Please check my blog and read my latest update. I really need some advice and I hope you have some good thoughts on it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:01 pm 

Ok so I'm very sorry I haven't updated lately. It's not because I've been slacking though, it's because I've been super busy. One of my coworkers is still in the hospital, and looks like he may be for a while. So I'm working seven days a week right now, but I'm ok with that because I'm trying to save as much as possible. I'm also in the process of moving, (hence the saving), AND I'm going on my vacation next weekend, (Vegas.. yay!). Ooh, and in addition to all that, my jobs 75th Anniversary party, which will be a formal black tie event, is in about three weeks and I'm pretty much the main person organizing it. So0oo, I've got a lot on my plate and have just been very busy these last couple of weeks.

Ok, so just to recap- I completed my 40 MC September 1st. But I didn't come off of it as well as I should have. I was eating healthy, but eating big portions of healthy foods too quickly. After about a week and a half I gained back about 8 or of the 23 lbs I had lost. I was very disappointment in myself and decided I would do another short cleanse, (7-10 days) to get back where I was, and then come off the proper way. SO, last time I updated was Sept 16th and I was on my 5th day of my post-cleanse cleanse and I was talking about adding a a small daily meal into my cleanse so that when I'm finished food won't be such a new thing to my system.

So, with that said, I have continued to drink my lemonades and I did add a little food into my diet each day also. I started with a bowl of oatmeal, and then the following day I had a salad. One day I had a garden burger wrapped in lettuce and tomato. One day, rater than having a small meal, I had a banana in the morning a yogurt later on and a couple baby carrots in the evening. And then throughout the rest of the day I would just drink my lemonades.There were maybe one or two days when I ate more than I wanted to. One day I had a turkey burger around lunch and also a bag of pretzels and some apple chips with hummus in the evening. But for the most part I have been keeping it very light, one small meal a day, or a couple healthy snacks.

So today is my 12th day of my 'altered sort-of mini cleanse'. I said I was only going to go for about 10 days, but technically I am not actually cleansing. Now that I have been eating throughout, I'm giving myself a couple more days. I weigh 131 lbs right now which I am very happy with. Especially considering I haven't had any time time to work out because I've been so all over the place. And I really feel much better than I initially did when I came off of the cleanse improperly. I'm giving myself these couple extra days on the lemonade because I'm going to Vegas on Thursday and I would like to look as great as I can! I might even be a little stricter on myself with the food this coming week. And then my plan for when I get back from Vegas is to completely kick the lemonade and just get back to a healthy, moderate diet.

I still didn't get to pick up my juicer yet :( I went to BB&B last week but it was out of stock. They told me they had already ordered more for the store and I should check back next week. So most likely I'll end up getting it once I'm back from my vacay. I'm really looking forward to using the blender, especially now that I've been given some good reviews!

I almost forgot.. as far as symptoms, my tongue is a little whitish, I don't have the crazy energy that I had though. But that could be because I've been so busy. Cravings aren't that bad, but still there. It is very tempting to keep eating once I've had my one small meal. But other than that I think everything else is going well! I am not doing the salt water flush though. Every couple days or so I will have the herbal tea. So I think that's about all I've got. So bye for now!

-Ryan 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:28 pm 

Hi Ryan, I've been keeping up with your posts, so first of all, thanks so much for sharing your experience. Secondly, I just wanted to share that I'm going to Vegas the same time as you!! Well, I'm heading out Saturday, not Thursday, but still, how funny is that? :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:41 pm 

Christine-
Thanks for reading.. That's so funny, we'll both be out there at the same time! I've never been and I'm so excited, and thrilled that I'm in decent shape compared to how I was this past summer. Are you doing a cleanse in preparation for your trip?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next