[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - My 40 Day MC Experience- Comments/Questions welcome :)

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: My 40 Day MC Experience- Comments/Questions welcome :)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:27 pm 

Hi all!
I just joined this site because I am doing my first MC, and I'd like to share my experience and also get any feeback you may have. I am a little late in my blogging, I am already on day 16. I actually had not intended on making it this far, but now I plan on making to 40 days. A little bit about myself- I'm a 25 year old girl, I'm 5'5. Throughout high school and college I always played sports and was very active, which kept me in shape. Over the last year I've gained some weight due to inactivity, laziness and too much beer. I started the MC 16 days ago at 150 lbs, and I'm now at about 138 lbs. I initially started the cleanse to lose weight, but I am so happy with all the other benefits I am experiencing from it.
The first couple of days were somewhat difficult as my body was adjusting and I had slight cravings, (working in a restaurant does not help). But I didn't cheat once, and by day 3 or 4 I was feeling GREAT, tons of enery, wanted to actually get up and get stuff done. I was getting good sleep and waking up feeling refreshed at about 8am, (I would normally sleep in till about 10 or 11, was never much of a morning person). Since I started the cleanse people have commented that my skin looks so much clearer and even that I look like I'm glowing. My stomach is so much flatter, my waist is so much smaller, my face is thinner, my arms are thinner and leaner. I wish I would've taken my measurements on day 1. I was losing a pound a day, up until about the 13th day. I am now at day 16 and the weight loss has fluctuated between 12 and 13 lbs in the last 3 days. I was assuming it would level off at one point. I'm guessing I will continue to lose weight, but at a lower pace. Maybe if anyone knows anything about a plateau, you can contribute. The last couple of days I have also had some strong food cravings, but I'm not going to give in, I plan on completing the 40 days. I have also been doing the salt water flush in the mornings and the herbal tea before bed, no problems there. Around day 10 I started exercising- free weights for my triceps and biceps and crunches on an incline bench. The day before yesterday I rollerbladed to and from work! About 6 miles each way, and I haven't rollerbladed since maybe 8th grade, it was pretty awesome. And I credit the initiative and energy to do so 100 percent to the cleanse. I'm going to start running daily tomorrow morning.
So, overall I'd say I feel great. The strong cravings are my only current obstacle, and i would also like to see some more lbs shed. I'm writing this from my phone, but when I'm home I will try to post some photos to track my progress from day 1. Well I guess that's about all I have for now. And like I said, I welcome any questions or feedback.
Thanks!!
-Ryan

Post subject: Re: My 40 Day MC Experience- Comments/Questions welcome :)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:10 pm 

Hello again!
Today is my 18th day doing the Master Cleanse. I still feel great energy-wise. Yesterday and today I went to the gym in the morning and worked out. I did about 30 minutes running on the treadmill along with some some leg exercises. It felt really good to exercise again. I plan on keeping it up everyday. Though my body feels great, I have been a little down lately. My dog died last week. I'd had her for about 17 years. She was old and I know it was her time, but I think it's just sort of sinking in. I had such a routine of walking her, feeding her and playing with her, so things are a bit different now. I think this may be triggering some irritability and cravings. I am also finding that it is one hundred percent easier to avoid cravings when I am at home. I work at a bar and restaurant, and it is really very, VERY difficult being around such great food all day. In addition to the food, it is difficult to see my coworkers and friends hanging out after shifts having a drink. Of course I am able to join in without drinking, but I'd just rather steer clear of any temptation. I have also found that many people are very critical of the cleanse, and call it dangerous and unhealthy. I mean I can only explain it and go over the benefits so many times, it gets exasperating. But I am just trying to stay focused and take it one day at a time. I have not cheated once since day 1 and I am so proud of myself for that. My dad has been very supportive also, encouraging me and telling me how proud he is also that I'm keeping it up. Two more days and I will be halfway there, that will be a good feeling. As of today I am down 14 lbs, I am hoping I've passed the plateau phase. I would like to see some more pounds shed. Yesterday I also started putting a little less maple syrup in my lemonade, to help with the weight loss. Not a drastic amount less, seriously just a tiny bit. I am currently 136.6, my goal is 125. Well, I think that's about all for now. Thanks.
-Ryan :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:54 pm 

Sorry about your dog :(. And it is very difficult trying to explain things to others, I get the same thing from family and ppl I work with. Honestly just keep it up because you know its good for you and that you're doing good for yourself. Its the same with all the food and drinks at your work, all of that will be there when ur done, so what's the rush now? That's what I always tell myself when I get cravings :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:15 pm 

Thanks for the response and encouragement Ayane, good advice!

Well, today is my 19th day doing the MC. I went to the gym again this morning and did some more treadmill and leg exercises. My legs are my main concern right now in getting in shape. I am thrilled with the way my stomach looks. Before the cleanse I had that 'beer belly' look, a fatty pouch, just a sloppy look. Now however, my waist is so much smaller and my stomach is flat again. My arms are much smaller also. I don't have the big upper arm thing going on. While my legs have trimmed down slightly, I'm definitely not where I want to be yet. I read on one site that you gain weight from the bottom up, and lose it from the top down. This is definitely how it's been for me. So I'm hoping my second 20 days, along with my exercising, will help rid of some more fat on my legs. When I woke up this morning I was 135. I just weighed myself again before getting ready for bed, and I was 136.2. I would be content with losing 1 lb every other day. I've only lost like 2 or 3 of pounds in the last 7 days, which is a little discouraging. But I'm just taking it one day at a time. Tomorrow I plan on running to and from work, about 6 miles each way. Hope it's not too hot. Wish me luck!

-Ryan :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:25 pm 

Trying drinking one or two more glasses of lemonade. With how much you're working out you may not be getting enough. My thighs and upper arms are my problem, I'm thinking about doing stairs, the last time I ran a lot I lost too much of my butt and not enough legs :( lol. Congrats on how well you're doing!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 am 

Ok today is day 21, more than halfway finished!! :D this is a really good feeling. From here on in, I will just be counting down the days. I must say, the last couple of days I have been feeling like I could be ready to finish the cleanse and ease into my new healthy diet. But after feeling this great about making it halfway, I won't let myself stop early. Plus, I am determined to reach my goal of 125 lbs.

Well, I didn't get to run to work like I wanted yesterday. I tried, but it just wasn't happening. I brought a bookbag with a change of clothes and my juice inside. But it was just bopping up and down, side to side on my back which made it impossible to run. So I had to turn around and head home lol. So I drove in, but still went to the gym after work. The cravings have really subsided. They still hit me from time to time, but not as bad as they were around day 15 when they were the strongest. This week I'm gonna turn it up a notch at the gym, increase my time on the treadmil, throw in some more strength training, etc. I started drinking more lemonade now that I'm working out, which has been very helpful, (thanks Ayane).

I weighed myself this morning and I was 134.2 :) I'll weigh myself again tonight and update if necessary since sometimes I am less in the morning than I am before I go to bed. Other than that, I guess I'll just finish up by reiterating how happy I am with the cleanse and my choice to keep it up for this long. I'm really feeling better than ever, it is totally worth it. :)

Ryan

Last edited by adoptApet on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:37 pm 

Ryan,

When I did my cleanse (I did 30 days), I drank the SWF for the firsst 6 days, but then I starting drinking the tea morning and night. The downside to that is it can give you unbearable cramps, but I just drank lots of water. Drinking the tea instead of the SW actually helped with my plateau and I started losing about 1.4 lbs each day. The book suggests that you can drink both if you can't stomach the SW so try it and see if that works for you.

Good luck!
Dr. Bayou Girl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:12 am 

Hi all,

I´m new here and just did my first MC. The first couple of days were really difficult but after that everyhing went great. Really good experience and feeling good now :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:36 am 

Bayou Girl- thanks for the tip, I am definitely going to try just drinking the tea for a while. Although it does upset my stomach a little, its not unbearable for me. Hopefully drinking it twice a day isn't too intense, but its worth a shot. Thanks again!

Well it's day 22. This morning I was 134.2 on the scale, down about 16 lbs. I don't have much to report today. I first started writing this blog so that I could keep track of my daily progress, have something to look back on and to get support and help with problems that may arise. But I also wanted to write this for anyone attempting to do the cleanse or for anyone reading that may have also made it this far and wants to know what lies ahead. So this post will tell a little about what the cleanse has done for me outside of what the scale shows.

I have said a couple times in posts that I feel great, so I'm just going to elaborate a little on that. Before starting the cleanse, I would usually sleep in in the mornings. When working day shifts I don't need to get to work untill 11:30am. So I would groggily wake up at around 10 which left me just enough time to shower and drive to work. Or if working the night shift, which starts at 6pm i would wake up around 11/11:30, watch some TV and pretty much take it easy untill it was time to get ready for work. Since on the cleanse, I have been waking up at about 7:45/8:00am. It's great, I am able to get stuff done in the mornings, clean up, run errands. I wake up refreshed and I am getting so much more out of each day. I just have so much energy and I'm much happier in general. I just want to do things and I want to be active, and I have the energy to do it. I now look forward to going to the gym everyday, when in the past I would see it as a chore. While I rarely read a book, I actually do enjoy reading. It's weird, sometimes, normally while on vacation, I'll go on reading binges. I'll read like 3 novels in a row and then I won't read again for another 8 months or so. But recently I've also started reading again and making much better use of my leisure time. I have read online from a couple other people that they start to change spiritually on the cleanse. I don't know if this is what that is, but either way, I really can't ever remember feeling like this.

So, that is what's been going on behind the scenes up untill now. Hopefully this is helpful to anyone considering the MC or wondering if you continue to feel good beyond the minimum 10 days. Of course I'm sure everyone is different, this is only my personal experience. But I must say, I would recommend it to anyone.

-Ryan 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:08 pm 

That's awesome, Ryan, thank you for sharing yourself with us. In many cultures there is the practice of fasting during spiritual quests so what you are feeling makes sense. I really get in touch with that when I'm doing yoga while fasting, it's almost a high where I feel every touch of my skin and fiber of my body as it flows from one move into the next.
I hope you are doing well and would love to read more about where you are at:-)
Happy fasting!
xx Bela

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:43 pm 

Thank you Bela! Yea it really is amazing, it is a total high. It's sort of difficult to describe to people, something you just have to experience for yourself. I read your blog, and I thought it was funny that you said you wanting bites of things because you forgot for a sec what you were doing. Recently I went food shopping for my dad. I had to order him some cold cuts and the deli guy casually handed me a piece of roast beef to taste and I was sooo close to just putting it in my mouth without even realizing! Funny, but glad I caught myself just in time. Also sorry to hear about the detox side effects, hopefully they'll subside soon. :)

Ok, today is day 23.. It hasn't been my best day. Today I had a day trip planned with a few friends. We were supposed to go river tubing, followed by a BBQ and then a party in the local bar/restaurant. We had this trip planned for a while, way before I was even considering the cleanse. Of course I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat or drink anything during the trip. So yesterday I got myself all prepared, bought a really good thermos, a little cooler, etc. I also had to mentally prepare to be able to have a good time without giving in to any temptations. We all slept over my friends house last night so that we would all be together in the morning and ready to head out. We knew there was talk of rain, but we were kinda crossing our fingers that it would hold off. But nope, of course it literally poured all day. So since we were all together we decided to still have a girls day, which meant getting breakfast at IHOP followed by going to the movies. I skipped IHOP because it would've been WAY to hard for me to sit through. I love breakfast foods. Bacon, eggs and home fries is one of my absolute favorite dishes. I would have hit the gym while they were eating, but we wanted to make the early movie to pay the matinee price and I just would've been cutting it too close. So I just hung out by myself in my friends house waiting for them to finish. When they were all done they picked my up and we headed to the mall. The popcorn smelled so good and they also stopped for cookies from Cinnabun. I can't expect them to alter their regular routine on my account. I mean it's not as though they were shoving it in my face. But I have made a serious decision now that I am not going to put myself in those situations anymore until I've completed the cleanse. It's not that I'm scared I'll actually cheat, but it would just help the process go much smoother for me. When I'm at home, or keeping busy running errands I feel good and productive and enjoy the cleanse. But I just can't enjoy it when I'm in a situation like I was today. And if it means distancing myself from my friends for a couple weeks or so, it won't kill me. It's crazy how food is such a social thing. It would have never even even crossed my mind.

I also didn't drink the herbal tea last night or this morning because I wasn't sleeping in my own house, and I knew I had a long day planned. I really don't like missing it, but I would've been pretty uncomfortable. So, I will be going back to that tonight. And I'll be drinking only the herbal tea for a while to see if it helps the plateau move along, (thanks to a tip from Bayou Girl :) ) So my current weight is 135.2 Ughhhh! I'm up one pound since yesterday. I hate when that happens... But anyway, that's all I've got for now. I have 17 days left. Tomorrow is Monday, I'd like to have a good week. I'm going to start it off by getting back to the gym in the morning. I'll do my best to update tomorrow. Thanks!

-Ryan :?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:32 am 

Hello!!
I didn't get a chance to update yesterday or Monday (sorry), but here is a little recap. Monday I hit the gym before work, and I felt pretty good all day. A nice work out in the morning always makes me feel so refreshed the rest of the day. Work went well, not really having the cravings anymore. Yesterday I didn't have to work, but I had a doctors appointment in the morning and I told myself I would go to the gym in the evening. However, after my appointment I decided to drive out to a really huge mall not too far from me, and well I spent pretty much the remainder of the day there. I cannot remember the last time I was so happy to shop, or even the last time I was that happy in general. I didn't go crazy, but I did buy a decent amount of fall clothes which I needed anyway. But it really felt so amazing to try on clothes and be happy with the way I looked in them. I was literally just standing in the fitting room smiling in the mirror. It was definitely the highlight of my week, maybe even my whole summer! This might sound a little insane but I was probably in the mall for about 5 hours. My dad kept calling me to make sure I was okay lol. So anyway, I was so beet from shopping I wasn't able to make it to the gym in the evening as I had planned.

So that brings me to today, day 26!!!! Exactly 2 weeks left. I still feel great. I hit the gym early this morning, then went into work. There was a schedule mix up at work, so I actually ended up being able to leave really early. So I ran some errands, and now I plan on cleaning up and relaxing, maybe I'll go to the gym again tonight. I've noticed in the last couple of days the natural color of my tongue has started to return. Throughout the cleanse it has had a think white coating which is a symptom of the detoxing. Well, it has definitely faded significantly, which is said to mean that the detox is almost complete. I've continued adding a little less maple syrup when making my juice to assist with the weight loss. Also, for the last couple of days I've been drinking the organic herbal tea twice a day, and skipping the salt water flush. I tried this to help get past my plateau on the scale which Bayou Girl recommended. Well, I have lost some more pounds which I'm very happy about. Whether or not that was a coincidence I'm not sure, but either way I'm thrilled. However, I'm going to go back to the proper routine of salt water flush in the morning and tea at night, just because I'd like to follow the cleanse as closely as possible. My current weight is 132 lbs. I'm down 18 lbs! My goal is 125, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to lose 7 more lbs in the next two weeks, but we'll see. :)

Three of my friends and I are planning a vacation for the end of September. Tomorrow we are all meeting at a bar/restaurant to discuss the details and book our trip. I haven't seen any of these girls since before I started the cleanse, so it will be interesting to get their feedback. It will also be a challenge for me, putting myself back in the 'eating and drinking' atmosphere. I'm totally confident that I won't cheat, I made it this far and I just wouldn't let myself do it. But I know just being around it will be difficult and give me some cravings. I wanted to steer clear of these situations until I was all done with the cleanse, but we need to get this trip booked asap. None of us have seen each other in a while, so I know they want to be in a social environment. But once our plans are made, if they choose to hang out for dinner or drinks, I'm gonna have to take a rain check. Wish me luck!

-Ryan 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:39 pm 

Ryan! I just read your whole blog...and you are a ROCK STAR! Seriously, it is so fantastic and generous of you to share details of your MC experience...and so VALUABLE to those of us who are new to this. I am just finishing day 2 and I thought I was a rock star...ha ha ha :lol: . I am so impressed with your perspective and maturity in general. And I can say (this is coming from a girl who has waited A LOT of tables)...it is REALLY adding to your challenge to be in a food environment every day. I applaud you very heartily for having the discipline not to cave in! FANTASTIC! And yes, you are so right...we are such a socially food-centered society. I don't really know if that's a good thing or not.
Your girlfriends that haven't seen you that are meeting to plan the vacation are going to go ballistic! I can't wait to hear how it goes and about their reaction. How fun! I bet more than anything, you will motivate them! One other thing- you DESERVE to spend 5 hours at the mall! It is definitely much more fun to shop when things fit well. Wait till you get to your goal of 125...you may have to return some of that fall clothes for smaller sizes! Keep the receipts and the tags on!
Thanks so much for the motivation! You are clearly an amazing person!
Cheers to you!
BamaGirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:30 pm 

BamaGirl-
Thank you soooo so much for your response, that really meant a lot! I'm more than happy to share this experience and I'm so glad you got to read it and get some additional motivation. I'm thrilled you decided to start and I wish you all the best! I'm no expert, but if you have any questions throughout your MC journey feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help out. :) While working in a restaurant has definitely been a challenge, it couldn't even compare with having two young kids. But what you're doing is totally worth it and you will be so proud of yourself when you reach your goal. Just always take it one day at a time, or more importantly one choice at a time. Keeping busy with work should definitely help somewhat. I promise you once you get to the fourth or fifth day, you'll feel great. I will definitely continue to check up on your blog and will be back tomorrow with more updates. Thanks again and congrats on completing your first two days!!
-Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:08 am 

Hi all!
Yesterday was Thursday, my 27th day. I'm kind of disappointed in myself because I did not make it to the gym yesterday, but other than that yesterday was a good day. I did a ton of laundry, cleaned my room and most of the house and ran some errands. I didn't have any cravings throughout the day and I as normal had my usual amount of energy. In the evening I met up with a couple of my girlfriends as planned. We sat at a bar table to discuss our upcoming vacation plans. They snacked on quesadillas and margaritas while I snuck off every so often to take a sip of my juice in the bathroom. I didn't want the waitstaff to think I was bringing in outside drinks so I filled a small water botllle that fit into my purse lol. Surprisingly enough I was not even tempted to have a drink or eat, I had no cravings at all and had a really good time with my friends. They wanted to do a little bar hopping afterwards so I decided to go along. At the next bar we went to I asked for a glass of water with lemon and they gave it to me in a big rocks glass. So it actually looked as though I was drinking, thought that was funny. Although I really didn't even drink it snce I have only been drinking bottled water. I'm kind of unsure what the deal is as far as the cleasnse and tap water, but better safe than sorry. But anyway, my friends were definitely impressed with my results. I was never fat, but before the cleanse I was just kind of gross and sloppy lol, for lack of a better word. But that's honestly how I felt. So a little change can go a long way, they couldn't get over how much better and happier I looked. One of them said they had to look twice to see if it was actually me, and that I looked so fit. That made me really really happy to hear. Seeing results on my own is great, but when other people notice and comment it is really the best feeling. So overall, I'd say yesterday was a pretty great day.

SoOo, today is day 28! 12 days to go!! It's funny, but I think I'm actually going to miss doing the cleanse. I feel like I'm in eighth grade, not wanting to graduate but at the same time excited about going to high school. I've had such great results I almost don't want it to be over. But at the same time I am so ready to start eating again and excited about my new healthy diet. I think my cravings are pretty much totally gone. Some people have said that after one week or 10 days their cravings go away. Well I'd say I was still craving up untill about the 24th day. I seriously love food, I always have. Maybe that's why my cravings were pretty strong. My parents and my friends would always make fun of me for how much I would eat or how quickly I would eat. Some of my friends would say I eat like a guy because I would scarf down a whole Blimpie sandwich or like 5 slices of pizza lol. But up untill this past year it never caused me to gain weight so I never gave it a second thought.

Anyway, I got a chance to read a couple other blogs today while at work. I read a lot about some of the negative side effects a couple people had from the cleanse- muscle pains, fatigue, nausea etc. I'd say the good I read definitely outweighed the bad but I was still surprised. I'm lucky enough to say that my negative side effects were very minimal. Around day 2 and 3 I had some headaches, but nothing unbearable. Also around day 12 I had some lower back pain, and discomfort in my kidney area. I read that I should drink more water to help with this so I did. And it definitely helped, the discomfort went away in like one day. With only 12 days rremaining I'm going to assume that the worst has past. This morning I weighed myself and I was 131 lbs even. I am going to be so so so estatic the day I look at the scale and see a number in the 120s :) I can't even remember the last time I weighed under 130. It was defintely over 5 years ago. Well, that's about all I've got for now. Hopefully I'll be up for the gym later. I'll be sure to update again tonight or tmrw. Bye for now!

-Ryan