[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - SIXth, post Xmas cleanse

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: SIXth, post Xmas cleanse
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:25 am 

Ate very healthily all year, but once Xmas rolled around, I ate See's Candies, bread at Chez Panisse, pie, Chocolate Decadence, and my belly's feeling it.

In clothes, the other day, I weighed in at 127. Not shabby, but Santa gave me a muffin top, and that's gotta go. I am staying in the States doing a lot of activity, and it may be too tough to do a full MC, but I want to give it a go. I've never quit early on a MC before, but I am wondering if maybe this cleanse will not go all ten days. If I do have to go back to food (for energy), I will transition with OJ and soup (exactly per Peter Glickman) anyway.

SWF this morning. Did not bother with the senna tea last night, since it is usually too effective (making me get up and go in the middle of the night).

Had an effective swf at 7:30 until 9 am.

lemonade tally: 5 up until 5 pm.

Update:

Dang, looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.
https://youtu.be/v46plhmxXU4

Okay, in all seriousness, I really did not pick the right time to do the cleanse this time round. Really sapped for energy. I am going to wait a week, until I am done with my coaching stint here in Florida.

I had exactly 5 lemonades and I was working like a horse all day in class. I simply cannot do the work here AND do the MC. I decided to quit before I got into the real body of the fast and started turning on toxic reactions. I have to do MC when I'm not working.

Some plus points: not eating breakfast (usually scrambled eggs and vegetables, maybe a cold cut and a slice of cheese) felt AWESOME. I'll do number six when I'm not working, like maybe next week. Not going to get all crestfallen over this. Just wasn't the right time.

Post subject: Re: SIXth, post Xmas cleanse
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:35 pm 

Hi Bali Lemon!! I'm excited to see you on here again!! I'm starting a 10-day cleanse on the 1st, so our cleanses will overlap a bit again!! I remember you fondly from my last cleanse and really enjoyed your posts and your wonderful encouragement!! I'll be following your progress… talk to you in a few days!!

Birdy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:59 am 

I'm starting January 3rd so I'll post here or if u want to join my blog I'm "toxictexans 3rd annual cleanse". Good luck! I'm getting excited to get started

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:39 am 

Hey, Birdy! Nice to talk to you again!!
Hello, Toxic Texan! Great to meet you.

I am done with my coaching gig and ready to get rid of the Xmas flab and toxicity. Have been plagued with muscle cramps at night, even though I think I drink enough Calcium-Magnesium to help my nerves and muscles. Mindful of need to stay hydrated, so trying to always drink a lot of water in between lemonades.

My real Day One begins now.

weight 130.5 with clothes on, but not shoes

Energy not bad, even though I ran a lot of errands
35 - 29.5 - 39.5 measurements

SWF productive, no senna tea night before (really high fibre diet usually, with lots of raw kale, so I'm always regular)
lemonade tally 9.
Went to a movie at night (LaLa Land) and was really hungry before bed. Didn't drink a lemonade past 6:45 pm. Drank just a sip of Cal-Mag before going to bed, but not my full non-fast dosage.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:56 pm 

DAY TWO

weight 127.5 lbs with workout clothes on. No shoes.
crappy sleep, woke up BOING! at 5:15 with tons of energy. At least my legs aren't cramping up in the night, though.

SWF productive. Bile and bits.

lemonade tally: 8

Energy actually pretty good throughout day. Got a manicure to fight boredom, went to friend's house to borrow a book and have a nice chat. Visited chiropractor (weekly visit now) and he found so much out of alignment, it was ridiculous. Good adjustments, though.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:57 am 

DAY THREE

SWF effective, mostly just bile
Didn't weigh myself.
35-30-39 measurements
Energy low, mood also low.
Gosh darned Day 3's. Always the worst, due to toxins suddenly making their way out of the system.

Holy mackerel, kidney pain. Trying to drink more water to combat this. Need to keep better track of water intake, because I obviously dehydrated yesterday.

Okay, kidneys feel better after a soak in salty, epsom-y bathtub. Having a hot mint tea also helped. Kidney pain was so bad there, for a while, that I walked across the street like a little old lady. Cold day in Florida today, but at least we're not as bad as Atlanta, getting snow at 20-something degrees Fahrenheit, if I'm not mistaken.

Lemonade tally: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:16 am 

DAY 4
still more kidney pain, despite chugging water like crazy in between lemonades yesterday.

Trying to just keep moving, so I don't injure my back by staying immobile for the kidneys.

SWF effective, more solids than yesterday

lemonade tally: 8 so far, this draft in at 6:45 pm.

So, by 4pm, the pain was gone. Fairly rapid relief occurred between 3 and 4pm, as I was sitting listening to a CD. I am sure that the extra spring water all day and the general discipline of staying active (rather than going to bed all day) took care of the kidneys. But that was for sure the worst Days 3&4 I've ever had, worst kidney reaction to the cleanse, ever.

So important to keep hydrated!!

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:08 am 

Hi Bali. I'm on day 1. Glad to see someone else cleansing right now. I sure hope the kidney pain goes away soon, that doesn't sound fun at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:06 pm 

Hi, Hope83! Welcome to the MC! First time? Are you blogging here in the journals section? I will look for you.

Kidney pain disappeared at 4 pm today. I decided to just keep moving as much as I could, even if that meant walking slowly. I also drank about 4 liters of wat er by then, interspersed with lemonades.

It was probably a combo of toxins / cleansing and a bit of dehydration.

Day 3 is notoriously awful, and is the most common day for people to quit. I just read on another forum, for people doing all sorts of cleanses and detoxes, that Day 4 can be just as bad for some people... like a continuous two day toxic bleed-out.

So even though I've had kidney pain on Day 3's on other cleanses, I have never had a particularly rough Day 4.

Thank you so much for the good wishes. This is my 6th MC, and if you want any tips or advice, let me know.

<3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:55 am 

DAY 5
Yay, the kidney pain didn't show up today. Staying hydrated and active. Pretty good energy and mood! Tongue's gone white.

SWF moderate results

lemonade tally: 9 or 10; lost track

measurements: 35 - 28.75 - 38.75
didn't weigh myself

Glad to be over the hump.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:52 am 

DAY 6
weight before SWF: 127.5
measurements: 35 - 27.75 - 38.25

So I've reduced body mass but not lost too much in terms of total body weight

Had a lot of sleep (7 hrs... that's a lot for my 57 year old bod)

SWF: productive. Scary productive. As in, thought it was all over, went to drop car at mechanic's, and had to beg for the bathroom.

Feel great today. Acne gone, just like *THAT* ! Energy and mood super high, but OMG bad breath on others is horrendous. Also thinking about food. Missing the taste of coffee. I always try to drink water process decaf, organic when available, so it's not caffeine that I'm craving, but I do love the rich bang-bang flavor of a triple espresso decaf. Had a mint tea in the evening to keep self happy.

One weird ill effect was being cold. Metabolism slowing down means I was freezing all day, even though it went to the high 70's here in Tampa bay area. I would sit down and have to wear "texting gloves" (hobo style fingertip-less gloves) and a fleece scarf and fleece jacket over my sweater. Got a lot of stares from students in shirtsleeves. But I was darn cold and hyper sensitive to drafts. Otherwise, awesome day. Rode bike several times.

Lemonade tally: 8 or 9, lost track

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:56 am 

DAY 7

weight 123.3 lbs
lost my back flab by evening.

woke up feeling great; pretty good sleep
SWF productive (dusty bile)

Ridiculously sensitive to others' odors: cologne, B.O., bad breath. Can't go near my husband (bad breath from eating food, haha)
Tongue still white-ish, though not as bad as on previous MC's. I know my breath must smell awful. As in, I apologize to someone I'm working with, and she doesn't say, "OH, that's all right" or "I can't smell it." In fact, she says, "oh, OK." groan, shudder, blush.

Also: really mucous-y in my nasal sinuses throughout the day.

Lemonade tally: 6 or 7, kind of lost track in all the excitement

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:46 am 

DAY 8
pretty good night's sleep

weight 122.5 with clothes on (not shoes)

SWF effective even as I was halfway through drinking it. Didn't drink the rest and just chugged a half liter of spring water to finish.

Lemonade tally: 6

Felt great; laundry day. Still feeling cold (80 degree sunny day and I still wore long sleeves and a fleece jacket over that)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:52 am 

DAY 9

120.25 lbs wow
pretty good night's sleep

SWF productive all gosh darned day long!

Lemonade tally 7 or 8

Pretty good energy and mood
Jeans almost falling off of me!
Tongue still white-ish.
Had a bike ride at 9pm... soooo nice, didn't go up any inclines and just enjoyed the light exercise. First time doing our nightly bike ride since about Day Two.
I don't know if I'm going beyond an 11th day. Basically I've already lost ten pounds. I always shed a few more during ease-off, so...

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:56 am 

DAY 10
Slept OK
SWF unbelievably productive... like I don't think that's all lemon fibers. Odd.

Weight 121

Did my Stress Relief workout from Classical Stretch DVD. Perfect thing. Last night I got a chiropractic adjustment and, although I like "brute force" chiropractors, this guy was really showing off a bit, and he adjusted my neck 5 times (5 different spots) and I was pretty sore all night.

Note to self: stop drinking the lemonade late at night... Had one at 9:30 or 10 pm and it took me a while to go to sleep. Slept fairly well, anyway. But I needed to conk out earlier.

Pretty good mood and energy today.

Lemonade Tally: 7

Good energy, good mood, took my bike to the beach and back. Still a bit cold due to slow metabolism. still hyper sensitive to smells like grilled meats, BO, breath.

I'm going to try and do a day 11, since I still have limes and maple syrup knocking around. Bought oranges today, anyway, for the first ease-off day.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.