[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - A GEEK'S JOURNEY TOWARDS BETTER HEALTH

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: A GEEK'S JOURNEY TOWARDS BETTER HEALTH
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:53 pm 

Hello Everyone!

I am so excited to embark again on this cleansing journey with everyone. I posted earlier in the General Questions a few months back about my previous journey towards doing the cleanse and how I failed after 16 days on a 30 day and spiraled into a few weeks of terrible eating due to some external emotional stress from school and family. I am now back again to restart my cleanse and I am preparing myself to potential pitfalls and triggers that could derail my progress. That is the main reason that I have committed to journaling my progress and thoughts throughout the next few weeks. I ask for your support and kind words as I embark on this journey and I hope to be able support you as well as we get through this together. 2012 and beyond is going to be a much healthier year for me and I am using this cleanse to kickstart what will hopefully become a lifelong conscientous effort to treat my body well and nourish it with healthy and healing foods rather than processed junk and preservatives. Today is "Day 0" and although I am filled with a slight sense of trepidation about the road ahead, I am determined and optimistic that this will be a successful process. See y'all on Day 1.
HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE...BE SAFE OUT THERE!

Post subject: Re: A GEEK'S JOURNEY TOWARDS BETTER HEALTH
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:53 pm 

Hey, welcome back!

Please dont view your 16 day MC as a failure. We learn as we go and really that is a good stretch..Big congrats!!
I like your enthusiasm :P

It does help to journal here, i did 28 days in 2007, with much support here.
I started again too today, Jan 1st :!:

Take courage :D ,
See ya on board,

I will post on my journal more detailed tomorrow.

Chrissy

“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFuRZSV/

Last edited by ChrissyO on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:58 pm 

Thanks Crissy for the kind words! I am so excited to start...I was going fot 1/1/2011 as day 1 but decided to start tomorrow instead as my boyfriend and I had a special celebration before he left for out of town. I am very happy to a certain degree that for the first week or so, he won't be here to tempt me with dinners out or me cooking for him etc. It is especially hard the first week when you have people around you constantly eating for the first few days. This time around, I am so lucky because I have the entire place to myself for at least 5 days and that should be enough time to get me stabilized on the routine, without added temptation. I look foward to hearing your progress and sharing ideas as the weeks go on. I am going for 40 days this time.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:00 pm 

Hey that was fast!
I just edited my last post to you, after reading you're blog on general questions.

What is your time zone?
I'm PST california

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:44 pm 

Hi Crissy..I'm in California as well--Northern Cali to be exact! So we are in the same time zone :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:17 pm 

Day 1

I woke up a bit later than usual today because I was up late last night working on a project. Drank the Smooth Move tea before I went to bed and it did its job this morning. Not much of a fan of the SWF and in the past each time I did it took almost 2 trials and 1 tbsp of salt each time to yield any movement for me---so I have decided to substitute the flush with another cup of tea in the morning during week days until I have more time to mess around with it on the week ends. Hope that suffices for now...Well, day 1 is almost half way over and I am looking forward to marking it down on my calendar as one less day. Hope everyone is doing well with their cleanses. Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Last edited by nerdygeek on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:36 pm 

Hi Geeky,

I picture u working for the "geek squad"...... are u a computer geek? :shock:

((CONGRATS)) on your first day, celebrations in order for u and me. I'm really struggling today. Made some delicious coleslaw for family, wanted to devour it........mmmmmmmmmm. Didnt eat it, yeah :D

About the SWF. I too cant take the salt water flushes. I have weak kidneys and its not good for me. What does work the same, believe it or not, is drinking 4 cups of warm water without the salt. I get the same results in the morning. I too drink at least one smooth move tea in the evening.

Nice ur in S.Calif, time zone wise,

See ya manana, now i have to post my journal.

Chrissy

BTW: did u notice we are the only MCers starting the new year off right?? Kinda lonely here huh?

Last edited by ChrissyO on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:22 pm 

So good to hear back from you! It is lonely over here! I actually am not a computer geek...more like a medical/science geek! I am a medical student who practically lives in the library and my entire life has been dedicated to wards pursuing a career as a Neurosurgeon...

Anywho...please tell me more about your raw veggie supplementation...that sounds like a really good idea as I am struggling with serious hunger pains as well! I don't remember it being this hard last time..

Anything I can do to prolong my days on this cleanse would be appreciated! Your ideas are welcome!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:12 pm 

RE: veggie juice, i use Hurom slow juicer, bought last year. Any juicer will work.
I made carrot,celery,kale,apple....... added 1T psyllium powder. Drank it, still want FOOD :mrgreen:

RE: Your career,WOW. I admire you for that! Such challenging work, with never a dull moment I'm sure!

Do you adhere to any specific natural doctor's programs for diet?

See ya later,
C

Last edited by ChrissyO on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:29 pm 

Congrats on starting your MC, it's a wonderful journey. I am doing it again after a wonderful cleanse in the summer. I lost almost 30 pounds in just a little over a month, looked and felt great!

It is best to stick to the MC rules and only drinking the lemonade, tea, and the SWF (if you can). Drinking other juices or even chewing gum can effect your cleanse and progress. It increases your hunger and prolongs how long you crave food. Your body will feel less craving usually after the third day, your best bet is to hang tough and stay with the rules. Youll feel better sooner and be so proud you stayed true.

My number one tip, If you do go off and have something else to drink or eat, start counting the next day as day 1 again, this is very important. If you have a cheat here and there your body is not truely going through the cleanse process like it should be so when people say they are day 5 but have ate several times..... they are only fooling themselves and hindering their progress. One thing that made me stay true was knowing if I cheated I would have to start over at day 1, not something you want to do after you have stuck to it for a few days, or weeks.....

Stay strong, stay true to the cleanse for the best results, you can do it!!!!

Have you read the book, it is really helpful. I will also checking on your thread to give you encouragement :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:24 pm 

Crissy: Thanks for all the information about the different juice methods...definitely something to review in the future especially after the cleanse and the maintenance period. About school..you're absolutely right, this field is fascinating, humbling and scary all at once and I am very lucky to have discovered my passion at such an early age and stuck with it. I am totally obsessed with the human brain :) Weird...I know!

Breezy girl: your journey so far is inspiring and I really appreciate your feedback. Will definitely try to stick to the regimen to gain the most benefits out of the cleanse! I definitely don't want to be back to derail my progress on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:09 am 

Letting u know i edited my posts here, they were too chatty, and outside diet/fasting information not necessary.
Hope u dont mind.
Chrissy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:24 am 

No worries Crissy! Feel free to edit as you please..besides I appreciated the information and did not think it was too "chatty" at all! Information is power!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:07 am 

Love your ticker, i forgot how to get one, could u guide me?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:36 am 

sure...I went to tickerfactory.com and created one follwoing their simple guidelines...then I followed the direction on viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8373
1. Click on "User Control Panel" (upper right of screen)
2. Under Options (on left) click Profile > Edit Signature
3. Copy and paste the sample code (below) into the bottom of your signature box on your profile.
4. Carefully substitute your TickerFactory code (where you see wHDGkhB -two places)
5. Make sure the box that is labeled "Disable BBCode" is NOT selected.
6. Click Submit, or Preview and then Submit.
7. Go to one of your posts and see if the ticker displays properly.
8. Post a message in this forum thread if need help.

That was a bit tricky so I did everything but instead, I copied my ticker factory-provided bB code into my signature box, clicked on preview and it showed up. The above directions from #3 onwards did not display the results I wanted...
Let me know if I made any sense at all....:-)

Last edited by nerdygeek on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next