[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - A GEEK'S JOURNEY TOWARDS BETTER HEALTH

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: A GEEK'S JOURNEY TOWARDS BETTER HEALTH
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:44 am 

(((Say it with me. I am strong. And I can do this! ))) :wink:

I know the starting days are the most difficult.........hope you made it, day 2 is here :!:

Nice having you back, have a great cleansing day :!: :mrgreen:

“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFuRZSV/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 am 

Day 2

Went by a lot faster than expected and I managed to also work out on both Day 1 and Day 2. Got super tempted when I went to starbucks to study and I saw all the pastries and goodies on display. Had to find a seat far away from the counter so as to not look.

Day 3

Today was one of the worst days I have had physically...I woke up with the worst sore throat I have ever had. I could barely even swallow my own saliva without wincing in pain. It is incredibly painful. I felt feverish towards the latter half of the day and I had to drag myself out of bed just to get some studying done. I don't know if this is a coincidence or the result of the cleanse...but I know that I have never gotten this sick during my past previous cleanses. I took some Theraflu for the sore throat and fever and later some tylenol and then Nyquil at bedtime. It has been hellish....I was tempted to stop the cleanse but I actually cannot intake anything else right now because my throat won't allow passage of anything solid without intense pain. I sip the lemonade when I have the strength but managed to only get down less than 30 ounces for much of the day. I will try and drink more tomorrow on Day 4.

Day 4

The sore throat persists...took some theraflu this morning...hoping it abates a bit. I have been sipping iced herbal tea as well and trying to get down my lemonade today. I don't want to starve myself as I know I really need the nutrients now that I am ill...but it's so hard to swallow anything....I hope today gets better....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:03 pm 

Aww, so sorry you are sick, no fun at all. My Jan/Feb cleanse was painful like you describe, because i was so sick. Do what's best for you to be comfortable, take care girl , sending you get well hugs :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:26 am 

NERDGEEK you can do it!!!!!!

the sickness is part of the cleanse Im bet you you are having a serious elimination of some toxin....hang in there....just wanted to encourage you. I have been doing the cleanse every 4 months for the last 3 years and every time there is something different....STICK IT THROUGH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:50 am 

Hang on tight Nerdy :D we all know you're Superwoman and you will BREEEEEEZE through :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:17 pm 

Hang in there. I'm just starting also, and it is good to know what I can look forward to. If you can do it, so can I.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:25 am 

Teamrose, Amii, Afrique, and Crissy! Thank you ladies for all your encouragements last month! I did fall seriously ill...apparently a nasty virus was floating around my campus and of course I caught it bad! I was pretty much incapacitated for almost 10 days! After that, I was so weak and really really tired and I had no strength to continue on the cleanse. I fell behind in school and was playing catch up for the longest! Being sick really messed up my schedule and my life for the past month. I now feel so much better but I have to say that although I was eating relatively healthy and avoiding junk, I gained some weight in my time off. It sucks! I am attributing to my high carbohydrate intake...although I ate very litte white processed food, the whole grain breads, rice etc that I was eating really made me feel bloated. I realize that I have a low tolerance for high carbohydrate intake and once this cleanse is over, I am going to eliminate most carbohydrate that is not originating from vegetables and only certain fruits from my diet. I learned in school that insulin is the key trigger for adipogenesis (fat building) and the quickest way to increase your insulin and tunr on your fat making cells, is by eating alot of carbohydrates. So, I am going to work hard to monitor my intake of carbs....

So you might ask yourself then, well during MC arent you basically just drinking your carbs in the form of maple syrup? yes i am...but since it is my only source of energy for the next ____days, I have no choice but to drink it. Once this cleanse is over, I'd be remiss to go back to eating carbs....I realize that I just feel like crap when I do.

So mini-update on my very young cleanse:

Day1 (9/5/12) I weighed in at a whopping 175.5! Yikes!
Day 2 (9/6/12) I am down to 173 Water weight for sure but darn it, I haven't seen the 170s for a very long time and it is a bad place to be!

I will check in as often as I can here....i find that this forum was one of the main things that kept me going during my past more successful cleanses. Taking it one day at a time and crossing my fingers that everything progresses smoothly from here on forth!

Much cheers to you all and wishing you great successes in your individual cleanses!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:39 pm 

Hey, girl. Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I hear you on the carbs........I am such a carboholic. Give me almost any kind of high calorie, high carb comfort food and I'm a happy camper. I am a big-time emotional eater, and that's something else I'm hoping this cleanse will change.

We can do it. We're going to be changed women once we've finished this cleanse. Hang in there, girl! We've almost made it to Day Three.

The only difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is extraordinary determination. Mary Kay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:56 pm 

Hey girl, i still check in here almost daily to see what's going on. Welcome back, how's things going?
I have some good news. Since i was diagnosed with diviterculitis, at the hospital emergency, perhaps you remember.
I have been learning a lot since then. My pain has not returned as i'm eating vegan, mostly raw.
I'm doing interesting things like parasite cleansing, colon cleansing preparing for Dr. Moritz liver cleanse two weeks from now.
Will let you know how it goes.
Best wishes on your cleanse now :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:31 am 

HI nerdy, what a coincidence I checked in on the day you updated :D

Well you know my thoughts on the cleanse now like I told you in my last message but I'll keep checking in on you daily now, to see you through to the end of the cleanse. Please try to have the max number of drinks on at least a few days to keep your metabolism bobbing along nicely. Good luck hun, I'll check back in on you tomorrow for day 3.

HEY CHRISSY :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:23 am 

So Day 3 Commences!

Much of yesterday was filled with lots of sitting and typing and not much physical activity. The hunger pains weren't as severe but they definitely crept up on me mid-day. I made a huge pitcher of green tea unsweetened and I drank about 30 ounces of it during the day. I love iced green tea and it makes it me fill full plus I like chewing the ice to give my mouth something to do! Anyways, I also wanted to share that I put my lemonade in the freezer till it gets to a slushy consistency and I like drinking it then because it seems like I am having a frozen treat. Sometimes it gets frozen and I thaw it out a bit, shaking it to bring to that consistency. It makes it more fun for me to drink.

I got tempted when I went with my friend to Chipotle, a mexican cuisine place by our campus. The food smelled decadent and I wanted to eat so bad! But I passed the test, and went home feeling much better. I realize that the earlier days are when most people quit because it's so early in the game and they might not feel as invested in the process as say on Day 16...but I am going to fight to get through these early days. I want to limit my socializations with those who like to go out to eat alot. Once I'm much further along, I might resume such outings but for now, I told my friends, call me AFTER you have eaten!

Weigh in update: 171.5 this AM

Happy cleansing to you all! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:38 pm 

Hey, Nerdy! Congrats on passing the test. Mexican food sounds delicious right now; I'm not sure I would have come through that, so you really are rocking! Hope you had a great day today!

The only difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is extraordinary determination. Mary Kay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:12 pm 

It has been some months since my last post...

Season's greetings to all! I hope you all had a safe holiday season! I will be updating this thread in the next few days...I did complete my Sept cleanse for 10 days...didn't weigh myself during that period.

I am currently on Day 1 of a New Year's cleanse...no time frame as of now...and again no weighing. I am exercising much more vigorously than before...averaging about 5-6 miles every day five times a week. I am no longer trying to use the master cleanse as a weight loss tool...it is not sustainable that way. It has led to a lot of yo-yo-ing on my part and I refuse to go back to that. I am cleansing this time because I got sick during the holidays...felt really crappy and afterwards bloated. No amount of running has been able to "de-bloat" me or make me feel as clean as I want. So I am using this cleanse as a detox tool this time, no weights, or time limits. I will simply ease out, when I feel like I have rid myself of some of the toxins floating around in my system.

I miss the clarity that comes during the cleanse and I hope to use this period to organize some of my hectic studying and non-stop deadlines! I have never felt as productive as I do when I am cleansing...

Anyways, I will add to this later but for now...hello to everyone! I look forward to reading up on all of your progresses in the upcoming days and weeks!

Much Cheers!!! 8) :lol: :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:18 am 

Hi Nerdy, Just wanted to stop by here too, I posted back to you on my journal, just now.
Amii is here too, and doing well, it's fun to keep connected on this forum :D

I get discouraged sometimes about regaining my weight back, but the good news is that i'm not any heavier, i started this one at the same weight as last Jan/2012. So thinking positive about it helps :wink:

My motivation this time was watching the documentary, Fat sick and nearly dead, by Joe Cross. I never really watched the whole film before, just exerpts before, so I watched all of it on netflix, it is very inspiring re: juicefasting. Try to watch it if you can, you will be inspired :!:

Wishing you success on your cleanse, keep us posted,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:10 am 

Crissy! So good to hear from ya! I am definitely going to watch that documentary...it has been on queue list for ages but I never get around to it...it's definitely moving to #1! I still have my juicer and sadly I have NEVER used it! So ashamed...I will definitely put it to good use. A friend gave me a "vitamix-like" blender and I think that might be easier to use especially with the cleaning aspect of it. I would love to learn some basic recipes from you when I get started! My juicer came with a book and I can browse through it for some as well.

Day 3 of the cleanse for me...it has been relatively easier to stick with the first few days...which is historically my worst. I do have a huge conundrum coming up...I have a series of travel ahead of me, where I will be presenting at various medical schools around the country. The first one is taking me to U.C.L.A this Friday-Saturday and I am in desperate need of advice on how to proceed? Should I pack up my lemons and juice in my hotel room, but potentially alienate my hosts at the various lunches and dinner I have to attend? Or do I break my cleanse off early, making today my last day and then easing out Thur and Friday in anticipation on light eating this Saturday?

I need your input please!!! I have to also be in Indianapolis next Tue-Thur (15-17) and Seattle on Mon-Tue (21-22) I am not sure what to do about that...perhaps end the cleanse early and then restart once my schedule abates? It might have been ill-conceived to start this round in January..a month where I am fraught with out-of state-engagements...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks a lot!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next