Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Sarah's 40 Day Cleanse & Follow-Up 28 Day Cleanses!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 am 

So here I am, on DAY 10 OF 40! YAY, for Master Cleanse 2013!

The beginning of 2010 I completed a 40 Day Cleanse, which resulted in losing 5 POUNDS easing into the cleanse for two week & 60 POUNDS during! Along with another 5 POUNDS easing off the cleanse for two weeks. TOTALING 70 POUNDS, which I kept ALL but 2 POUNDS of the weight off for over a year!

During 2012 I was rear ended in not one but two accidents only 2 months apart both totaling my vehicles, which left me injured, depressed, and led towards poor eating habits. This is why I am doing another 40 Day Cleanse right now to get my life back on track, my goal is even lower this time.

I must say I am so happy to find an active support forum online!

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

Last edited by sarahs on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Sarah's 40 Day Cleanse!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:09 am 

Welcome, and wow, 2 accidents, sounds horrific :shock:
Blessings and success to you here :!: :D

“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFuRZSV/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:55 am 

Thank you!

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 pm 

Hi Sarah,
Wow, that is a great success story! I did the same thing as you. I cleansed for 25 days last January, and kept it off for a long time, but then my husband got diagnosed with a terminal illness on Aug 20, and I've been eating ever since (until Jan 7)
It's great that you found a way to motivate yourself to get back in the game.

40 days is amazing! I've always wanted to do that. The most I've gone is 25, but I have done that a few times.

Yes, for support, you came to the right place! We're all rooting for you :lol:

Because nothing tastes as good as being thin feels...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:32 pm 

Hi Sarah,

Congrats making it to day 40! I have never done anything like this but I am going to attempt the cleanse starting February 1st. Any advice? Also, can we chew gum?

-crazykid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:54 am 

Kat: I read your story, I am sorry to hear about your husband and hope he has a strong recovery and pulls through with flying colors. My father has been very ill during this time too, and I know it has not only been hard on me and my brother and sister but very hard on my mom. She also wants to complete the cleanse herself. Keep being dedicated and you’ll be rewarded with positive results! We all will!

Crazykid: Thank you! Some of my personal suggestions would be first to research it well, and if you are able to purchase a one of the guidance books for the cleanse. Personally, I bought “Lose Weight, Have More Energy, Be Happier In 10 Days” written by Peter Glickman. I picked it up off Amazon for $4 used, and it looks brand new! The reason I suggest that is because it saves hunting all over Google and gives good solid trustworthy advice all in one place. (The book also states you may complete 40 Days plus, and has so many positive testimonials!)

My first cleanse I simply researched online, and I used Simply Slender premade mix version which was horrible. Fresh is so much better! I also chewed gum on my first cleanse, which I have no learned is a big no no due to the artificial sweeteners, corn syrup, and softeners, it isn’t good for you to do during the cleanse. Because your body handles the ingredients as toxins. I am thankful to have done more research this time around because I am getting much better results quicker even and fewer side effects.

Days 3 thru 4 you’ll feel as if you are getting a cold or flu like symptoms, but it is only your body detoxing. Those days are tough to get past, but you can do it! Those days are also the days during which your body switches over into detox mode, and burning fat mode.
Also me personally, I take the ingredients as shots because I cannot stand the taste of them combined. I use three shot glasses and in one I place the 1/10 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, another two tablespoons of freshly squeezed organic lemon juice, another two tablespoons of grade b maple syrup, and then a glass with the 8 ounces of purified water. I mix a small amount of water with the cayenne and stir directly before taking it, try to get it to hit the back of my tongue where we don’t taste as much. And I gulp water between each shot and get them all down, I save the maple syrup for last but I finish them in less than a minute. For me personally this works so much better than mixing them, and they all mix once they are down there anyways. I have not noticed any irritation from taking the shots.

I also suggest definitely picking up organic lemons and organic cayenne because it is much stronger for the purposes we are using it to detox and raise our metabolisms. The maple syrup is much less expensive if you live near any farms that make it themselves, or buy directly off their websites rather than retail. Here is where I buy mine from, http://www.pennsylvaniamaplesyrup.com/ but I drive up in person and it is even cheaper in person. But look at the price per gallon, it is SO CHEAP! Retail stores want close to $30 for a PINT! This family charges $35 for a GALLON (in person) and $39 (online).

OH! Another good suggestion is to purchase citrus press; I bought this one… http://www.drugstore.com/chefn-freshfor ... /qxp311169. And I absolutely LOVE it; it is so easy to use no stress at all.

I am following the instructions exactly as directed, and only have one peppermint tea a day along with one chocolate smooth move tea in the evening. I have only done the salt water flush twice so far, and I am currently waiting till the weekend to attempt it again. The first time was my second day, and I couldn’t get it down fast enough and the second time was my seventh day and it worked well but I wanted to wait till I have a few more days of smooth move in order to loosen more up. (Plus I have had to work so early during the week it makes it tough to do it.) TIP: Brush your teeth right before drinking the salt water flush, and if needed between gulps rub some toothpaste in your mouth around and spit it out and drink more. It helps with the taste!

Sorry if that is random advice, but any other questions you have you may ask! I definitely suggest picking up a used copy of one of the books.

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

Last edited by sarahs on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:42 am 

So I made it to Day 11!

I skipped the scale yesterday, but weighed in this morning first thing and saw another 2 POUND loss! Totaling 18 POUNDS so far!

Last night was hard on me, my boyfriend and I went to see “The Hobbit” in theatres and I had to endure being surrounding by people eating so many foods. Nacos, soft pretzels, buttered popcorn, slushies, pizza, you name it… Aah, too many smells! And my sense of smell is so heightened I can even smell what people ate hours before! So anyone coming into my work, I can tell if they had McDonalds, etc. It is crazy.

Driving past any restaurant I can smell it clear as day, so passing Panda Express, a local Hibachi, etc.. is tough. But I do admit some of the smells are beginning to turn me off. And in my mind I am craving healthier options already strongly. I want a fresh salad with ginger dressing mmm and cottage cheese with fresh fruit. I want CHEESE so bad, hahah.

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:49 am 

I also forgot to mention that I am also competing in a Biggest Loser Competition at work, which is also a county wide competition for the county where I work. It began during my ease in week, lasts 12 weeks long and will end sometime this March.

Started January 9th & ends March 27th!

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:14 pm 

We both have so much in common-

we both have this amazing sense of smell (someone at work was eating Cheetos, and I smelled it from my cube which is way on the other side of the building!)

we both do this stuff in shots. I actually drink the lemonade, eat the salt, and do the cayenne in shots. I can't do SWF, I just can't keep it down. But I am drinking a ton of water, and I figure it all ends up in the same place.

and last, but not least, we are both going to win in our Biggest Loser contests!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:46 am 

Hey Sarah and Kat , Keep up the good work, Biggest loser own it and its yours :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 am 

Kat: Oh wow! We definitely do!! I could probably do the lemonade together but for some reason I am favoring the shots. Plus it gives me the maple to enjoy last, hahah. This super smell can also be a killer, if anyone with B.O. steps around… Ick.

fit4sixty: Thank you! Good luck on your cleanse!

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:56 am 

DAY 12!!! Over ¼ of the way there! So exciting. I woke up this morning 1 POUND lighter, I am debating not weighing in for a week just to give myself something to look forward too. But it is so addicting to step on it each morning, so unsure about that just yet.
I feel amazing!!! I have multiple issues with my discs in my back and my chest from the car accidents, and I had been taking pain killers and anti inflammatory drugs daily for over a year along with therapy. I am happy to say I haven’t taken a single one during this time and I feel LESS PAIN by far. I was worried my back would give me issues, but it is in fact feeling better as the days go on! Some days I don’t even feel pain at all unless I bend the wrong way, which is certainly rewarding. It is said that the cleanse allows the body better time to heal, and aids in healing tissues and such. It is my hopes that this will also continue to aid in me feeling better on a daily basis overall. Because no one at 26 should have back issues! I have even felt less anxiety towards driving, probably because of my much better mood overall.

I am considering following this cleanse with a month break then another 20 Day cleanse, but I won’t finalize my decision until after this one is over and done with. I would love to reach my goal by my Birthday which is in late July.

Today we are being hit with quite a storm here on the East Coast, schools closed early, work shutting down early.. All the snow just makes me want hot chocolate though, boo. BUT I’ll make a nice hot Yogi Peppermint Tea whenever I get home here in a bit. Right after I pick up more lemons!

Oh, also this week coming I am going to experiment with varying the amount of maple syrup. It is said you can do 1 Tablespoon instead of 2 at times, so I am going to try that out.

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:59 pm 

Great job Sarah! How much weight have you lost altogether? I have 6 more days until I start the program myself. I am a bit worried about the whole bathroom concept. I am a student and really don't want to excuse myself every day, so I am a little scared about that.

-crazykid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:12 am 

Sarah I'm so happy your back is ok! And it's great to hear that you are taking such command of your health, that's great. I have been trying to get my husband to do the cleanse to no avail. He is in pain all the time, and it's getting harder for him to find a doctor to prescribe painkillers, and he can barely get out of bed most days, but when he does eat, it's usually meat and dairy which is the worst..I will have to tell him about you. Maybe one day he will feel desperate enough to try it.

Once I get to the point where the weight loss is slower (2-3 lbs/wk max) then I drop down to only weighing once/week so that I can always get a positive result. It would be so hard to do everything right and not see the loss, or worse, to see I went up (when fluctuation is natural) and if it happened enough, could cause me to self-destruct over time because I would be like "well it's not even working half the time anyway"...

Keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:20 am 

Crazykid: So far I have lost 19 POUNDS! That is also counting my ease in week of fresh salads, fresh juice, fruits, cottage cheese, oatmeal, and toast. I began easing in on January 7th, and I began the cleanse itself on January 14th. I’ve also been making sure to use Jergens Skin Firming Lotion every in the morning or evening, I think it helps with keep skin tight and no stress from the loss. AND, I either do jumping jacks or run up and down the stairs in the mornings to kick start my metabolism.

Don’t be worried about the bathroom, it really honestly isn’t that often. The only times you need to worry about and give yourself time is first thing in the morning. Because from the Smooth Move tea (I suggest Chocolate version) you’ll have to go first thing once you get up and move around. And you may have to go another 20 minutes later. So just allow yourself enough time getting ready in the morning to be able to go and not be stuck in the car or in class. My first cleanse was beginning of 2010, and I was in college too. It was alright, and perfectly fine. I graduated the end of 2011.

And the second bathroom issue to be worried about is the Salt Water Flush, which I suggest waiting till you have a day off to try first. Because you need to stick around a toilet for at least 2 hours. You aren’t going that entire time, but you will sometime within that time frame.

Third issue, cayenne can BURN sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes when it is loosening a bulk of toxins you can feel a burn when going to the bathroom and “eliminating”. For that I personally buy some of the wet wipes with moisturizer in them you can find them right near the toilet paper. They help out immensely because once you turn from solid to liquid they keep from feeling irritated. So I highly suggest picking up some of those. You can even get mini packs to keep in a purse or back pack.

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next