[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Chi Chi's MC, the second time around :)

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Chi Chi's MC, the second time around :)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:16 am 

Hi All,

This is going to be my first MC journal. Here's my story (yes, it's also in the Success Board): Over the last three years, I had gained about 60 pounds. I did the Atkins diet, found some success, but I wanted something more drastic. So I found the Master Cleanse. Last September, I completed a 30 day Master Cleanse detox, and lost 20 pounds while on it. I will be honest, it was a TRYING experience. I had an addiction to sweets, and I am a foodie. I LOVE TO COOK. My sense of smell, particularly to food, definitely went through the roof. It was punishment lol. I would sit and watch the Food Network and fantasize about the meals. I found myself heading in the opposite direction when it was time for dinner, so I wouldn't be tempted by the smell. Overall, it was a journey. After the Master Cleanse, I had maintained the weight loss, after only regaining 6 pounds of water weight :) . Post cleanse, I continued on to lose another 28 pounds, through diet and lots of exercise. However, my addiction to sweats and carbs was virtually eliminated. My skin cleared up. I felt great! I had started another cleanse, hoping to ride this one out throughout the last of my weight loss journey.

At this current time, I am on the last string of my weight loss journey. 16 pounds to go. I took a break from the MC, lost weight with a water fast, and exercise (Jillian Michaels, jogging, Power yoga, HIIT training). I was a monster, lol. After 60 days, I hit a plateau. So here I am, back to be with my love, Lemons and Cayenne Pepper :oops:

I'm happy I did it before, because I know what to expect. I knew that YouTube vlogs motivate me when I feel like cashing it in, and that the smell of food would be my greatest temptation. I can watch it on TV, but smelling it, o boy, that's something else. I knew that my skin would clear up, that the Senna Tea would give me cramps :( , and that 90% of it would be a mental battle. I know that my digestive system will take three days to normalize itself after I'm done, and that eating food right after sends you right to the bathroom like a water balloon with a big hole in it (I gave in after the 30 days, will NOT do that again). But most of all, I am happy, because, I know that this is the last of my weight loss and journey to BETTER HEALTH AND LIVELIHOOD :) Cheers to starting my maintenance journey!

Some of my goals:
Get rid of that lower belly pooch, 16 pounds away :)
Lower my body fat percentage through detox
Normalize my hormones (I have PCOS...girl problem, Google it lol), thereby surpassing my precursor to Insulin Resistance
Satisfaction with healthier alternatives ex. for cookies (Google Banana Paleo cookies, just add some maple syrup and some vanilla and cinnamon, and they are delicious). You can be healthy and satisfy that need for sweets!
AND....
Be awesome!!!

Today is Day 5, I weighed in at 136.6. I just brought a body fat scale yesterday, so I don't know how much I have lost since I have started, sorry, but I can tell you that the last time I checked, maybe a month or so ago, I was 144lbs. I can see my love handles and puffy tummy saying bye-bye already. I do not do the salt water flush. It's just so yucky, I CANNOT stomach it. I only do the Senna Tea at night because of the cramps. The cramps wake me up in the middle of the night to go and eliminate. For "exercise", I do a few yoga poses, or dance for 20 mins, with a waist belt, to encourage toxin release in that area. I will try to update with my results, and hope that anyone reading this feels inspired truly on their journey. Sixteen pounds away, here I come (sips on more lemonade)!

:mrgreen:

[/url]

Last edited by clarie721 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Chi Chi's MC, the second time around :)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:30 pm 

Your story is inspiring!
You and I are just about at the same weight, although your journey sounds much more exciting than mine.
I just started today...planning to go until at least next Sunday. After that, work commitents may prevent me from continuing, but will try to go as long as I can.
I've done this a couple times before....the longest for 10 days.
Good luck to all of us!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 am 

Cleansergirl!!! All power to you! Everyday is a commitment to yourself to fabulosity, enjoy the journey :D

Today makes Day 6. I clocked in at 135.2. YAY :) I bought one of those awesome scales that does bodyfat, muscle, bone, bmi, etc. I think it's a mandatory tool for anyone on a weight loss journey. In regards to the additional measurements, to all the nay sayers out there, the master cleanse does NOT, I repeat DOES NOT make you lose muscle mass. My muscle mass is the same as it was yesterday, I just lost overall "weight", and my body fat percentage decreased. In addition, at times we give too much credit to the numbers on the scale. Your body fat percentage is much more important than how much you weight. Ever heard of skinny fat? If not, Google it, my friends, it is real! I am one of them. I can now fit a size 6 (first time in my LIFE, down from a 15 at my heaviest :mrgreen: ), but my body fat percentage is still fairly high. You won't see your abs, no matter how "skinny" you are, until you have a low body fat percentage. So people, for those concerned about gaining sexy aesthetics, stop using your bmi and weight as a health indicator. I am thankful that not only does the Master Cleanse offer a detox, but it will help you shed fat FAST. Bye bye jiggle, tummy, and love handles!

As far as the cleanse, I devoured a large amount of the lemonade this morning, so I am rationing until later tonight. Drinking a bottle of water until tonight. Still taking senna tea at night. The peppermint one, it's really good. But man, I tell you, those cramps are real. I was awoke at 5am for a bathroom party, lol. My goal is to get down to 18% body fat. From my calculations, I should be around 120lbs for that too happen. But honestly, I am a slightly curvy lady, and if I see my lovely lady humps disappearing too much, I will stop and be happy with a little more than 18%. But I want my lady pooch to completely disappear. I have been battling this weight loss thing for two years, and just want to get to a place where I can do daily light exercise, eat healthy, and maintain my health. To be honest, I'm a little tired of the 700 calorie monster workouts I was doing. They are draining and time consuming. I want to be at a place of ease and maintainance.

And o yea, I watched the Food Network again today. Rachel Ray made this awesome "sloppy lasagna" dish that I am dying to replicate. I love the ideas, homemade chips from tortilla wraps, Giada made ravioli from wonton wrappers. All things on my list to make :!: Yes, I punished myself again by watching food. It's like my little affair on the Master Cleanse, my dirty secret. :oops:

Anywho, toodles fellow Cleansers, until tommorow!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 am 

Hey guys! So it's Day 7 134.8lbs yay again. Again, I am mostly concerned with my body fat percentage decreasing, which it is :mrgreen: I was up really early this morning because of the senna tea. But I used that time to do some research on gluten free and flour free recipes. I'm pretty much looking for alternatives to my favorite unhealthy foods, so I can be prepared when I finish my cleanse. Post cleanse I plan on eating no artificial/ processed sugars and flour, as I found that gluten resistance is attributed to insulin resistance. I'm setting up my diet for after I get off of the cleanse. I found natural recipes for:

-chocolate cake using black beans for flour
-pasta substitutes called shirataki
-a flourless bread called cloud bread
-recipes for almond, coconut, and quinoa flour
-gluten free tortilla shells
-gluten free pizza crust

I found great recipes on paleo websites. Many great dessert recipes with natural alternatives. I can't wait to try these, I hope that they taste great!

Day 5- 136.6
Day 6-135.2
Day 7-134.8

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:24 am 

Day 8, 1.2 pounds down, body fat also down .5% from yesterday :) I did some power yoga with my waist belt yesterday. It was a little trying, as I would feel the blood rushing down my head when I lifted out of the inverted body poses. I guess it's because my blood pressure is lower when on the cleanse, and the heart is working harder to help blood circulate faster. Anywho, other than that, I'm not dying, so I'll continue with the light exercise. With the rate of body fat & weight loss, if my body continues at the rate at which it has been losing, I should be at my goal in about 2 weeks. I have left about a 5 pound leeway for the 5-6 pounds of water weight that I know I will regain once I start eating again. If the weight loss slows, I will just ride it out until I am finished. Last time I did the cleanse, the weight loss slowed for a bit, then I got a huge woosh, and the weight loss rate eventually evened itself out. I am letting my body do the work, it knows what's best :) No crazy cravings. And yes, I am watching the Food Network channel as I write this lol.

Sorry I don't have the day 1 starting weight, I bought a scale at day 5, but the last I had weighed myself, I was at 144.....
Day 5- 136.6
Day 6-135.2
Day 7-134.8
Day 8- 133.6

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:57 am 

Good luck. I am starting mine tomorrow! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:58 am 

Keep up the good work!

I have also been researching Paleo, if you have a Facebook check out “Just Eat Real Food” they post MANY MANY recipes daily and they look wonderful. They also post all sorts of interesting articles and contests!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/JustEatingRealFood

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:35 am 

Thanks Sarah, no facebook, but I will check that page out! Paleomg's blog and realsustenance.com have awesome paleo breakfast, dinner, and dessert recipes that look awesome too :) Can't wait to try them!

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:31 pm 

Day 9! Still going strong! 132.8. The only thing that I don't like necessarily about the cleanse is work. I will be lugging around a big container of lemonade all day. But, ho hum, I guess this is the price that you pay for health! The way I calculate, I should have about another two weeks on the cleanse, and I should be at my goal for body fat %, if the %age change rate stays pretty constant. Fingers crossed, lol. I have noticed, normally (when I'm not detoxing), I have really bad memory. Like, I don't recall events that happened a couple of months ago. My brain is still foggy. I am waiting to see if I get a boost of that mental clarity that they everyone else says that they get.

My love handles have melted away. My under belly puff is still there, so I am writing it a letter.....

"Dear Underbelly Lady Pooch,

You are no longer wanted. I am breaking up with you. You no longer meet my needs and desires. I am putting you up for adoption. Selling you for some lemonade. Please exit the building. And never come back. Unless I am pregnant. But after I am pregnant, I will put you back up for adoption. Immediately. Literally.

Thanks,
Your Unwanting New Skinny, Healthy, and Fabulous Mama/ Host."

I'm going to enjoy some power yoga tonight with my handy dandy waist belt :) Nothing special going on in my world today but lemons and cayenne pepper. Peace MC'ers!

Sorry I don't have the day 1 starting weight, I bought a scale at day 5, but the last I had weighed myself, I was at 144.....

Day 5- 136.6
Day 6-135.2
Day 7-134.8
Day 8- 133.6
Day 9-132.8

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:29 am 

So I haven't written in a while, I am sorry. Today is day 12, I clocked in at 131.6 today and yesterday. I have decided to stop my cleanse here. That would leave me about 136 when I gain back the water weight in the next couple of days. I am ok with that. I thought about it, lol, and I like my curves. I don't want to lose them. I have come really far on my weight loss journey, from a size 15/16 to a 5/6. I have come to terms that this is just about my "natural" body weight right now. Actually, I came to this realization after looking at my past records. I tried losing weight on 2010. I was 171 pounds then, and at 30% body fat. Today I am 131 pounds, and still at just around 28% body fat. That doesn't make ANY sense to me whatsoever. I am African American, and round in the bottom lol. So maybe that's where all the fat went. And if that is the case, I'm going to leave it just right there because I like it, I am not cleansing it away anymore. From here on out, my focus will be healthy eating. Today I baked some carb free cloud bread, and I'm preparing to ease off with the rest of the paleo carb free and sugar free recipes that I had gathered. I have come REALLY far with my weight loss, and it is time for me to accept my beautiful body for what it is. I don't wanna be a stick thin model. I like my curves, booty, thighs and all. Today is the first day of the rest of my life :)

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:05 am 

Ok guys I lied. Haha. I came off for two days, said bump this, and went right back on. 127.6 this morning. Bam.

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:16 am 

Sooooooo sorry I haven't been consistent with writing. But I finished my cleanse! Yesterday I did the orange juice all day, and I had been sipping some broth and vegetable soup (I cooked the vegetables verrrryyy soft), that I made late last night. I feel amazing! I stopped at...drumroll please....121.8. The weight loss was going veryyyyy slowly, and I had been on it for going on 40 days, so I decided that it was enough. My tongue was clear. Besides, I don't need to be neurotic about those last 1.8 pounds lol. So when I regain my water weight, I will be about 126 or 127 pounds. 73 pounds lost since I have started my journey. This is the skinniest, that I have ever been since I can remember.

I can now fit a size small, a 2 in dresses/ jeans, (I couldn't squeeze into a small comfortably in high school, I was a size nine in jeans in high school). Here's a few pointers for my maintenance plans:

Fitness: I'm all about fitness! I have a seven day (I know intense, but it's yoga and dance) workout plan. Yes, I do plan on staying active everyday of the week. I want it to be a part of my daily lifestyle. I have cute workout clothes, yoga mats...etc. I am so set! We also have Michael Jackson Experience on Wii. Nuff said, lol. I am just giving it a few more days for me to regain my strength after the cleanse and I will start with my fitness.

Diet: Paleo Paleo...Paleo, and lots of water. Google it people. There are so many tasty healthy recipes all over the internet. In fact, I just put up some coconut for coconut milk, and have some almonds soaking for an almond "cream cheese". I am going to have some granola made from almonds and MAPLE SYRUP with my coconut milk in the morning, fish sticks (homemade w/o flour/wheat, and with homemade tartar sauce), and some crackers made from almond meal. I have a ridiculous amount of Paleo condiments, desserts, breads, dinner recipes on saved Pinterest. Literally every single thing that I love to eat, I have found a healthier paleo alternative for it on the internet. I have armed myself with all the tools I need to maintain my fabulousity and new found tininess lol for life.

Future cleanses: 10 day master cleanse every 3 months from here on out.

Mindset: I feel hot. Amazing. Beautiful. On top of the world because I DID IT. I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror. Nothing else to say about that lol.

In closing, good luck to all you fellow master cleansers. You can do it!!

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:01 am 

CONGRATS girl!!!

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:39 am 

Thanks so much Sarahs for your support!!!

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:34 am 

Congrats!! Huge accomplishment.. Enjoy that amazing feeling! :)