[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Mia's 2nd Cleanse

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Mia's 2nd Cleanse
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:28 am 

Hello,

I decided to journal my 2nd cleanse the correct way this time by posting everyday. My first cleanse lasted 32 days and ended Feb 16 of this year. My starting weight was 144. My ending weight was 121. I have successfully maintained a weight of 125 since cleansing. The three major dietary changes that I have made are: No meat (I do occassionally eat fish, eggs, and very rarely chicken), No dairy, and No Wheat.

I'm age 45, and I've always struggled with my weight. The highest weight I've ever been was 155 lbs. Within the last 10 years, the lowest weight I have achieved was 122 lbs. in 2006 from strict low carbing. Low carb worked for me in the beginning, but I slowly became frustrated with the strictness of it and grew tired of meat. I also missed good carbs like beans, brown rice, sweet potatoes, etc. I am WAY more happy now with my way of eating. It just feels more natural to me, and healthier. I am A-type blood, which is "the vegetarian" of the blood types, and truly does suit me to a "T". I feel as if I have finally discovered the path to achieving my perfect health and weight.

Last night I did my 2nd liver/galbladder flush and passed about 100 stones. I learned about this cleanse while searching for Master Cleanse information, and I remember deciding that I'd do a liver cleanse after the MC to make sure my liver was in top form for burning fat. I also learned that rapid weight loss could cause gallstones, so I was eager to do a cleansing.

Ok, that is my background history info and today is Day 1!!! My goal weight remains the same since my first cleanse: 118 lbs. I plan on only doing the cleanse for 10 days this time, hopefully achieving 115 lbs, so I can then settle at 118 lbs.

Day 1: I've been up and back to sleep since 6:30 a.m. because I've been flushing gallstones. I finally got up for good at 11:30 am. It's 1:00 pm and I'm finally finished passing stones, and just had my first lemonade - DELICIOUS!!! I've always enjoyed the taste of it. I also had a cup of black coffee...no matter which diet I'm on, I refuse to forego my morning coffee!! I can give up a lot, and I have, but not coffee!! I only drink 1-2 cups a day, and consider it a simple pleasure in life.

I'm pre-making 5 more lemonades for the day. I fill a jug and add the cayenne pepper to each drink. I averaged 6 lemonades a day last cleanse, but sometimes I did need 7-9. At night I usually drink it hot.

Last edited by Mia868 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Started 2nd Cleanse Today!!
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:29 pm 

DAY 1: 125
SWF: No
Smooth Move Tea: No
Lemonades: 6
Gym: No
GW: 118
Height: 5'4
SW First Cleanse: 144
SW This cleanse: 125

Because I liver flushed this am, I skipped the tea and SWF. I prefer to do the SWF at night, from 7-9 because I need to be at work for 6:00 am during the week. On top of that, I need to take my thyroid meds on an empty stomach every morning, and I can't risk flushing them out. My routine is drinking the tea around 2:00 pm, and then drinking the SW at 7:00 pm, and I haven't had a problem doing it this way (I try to drink my last Lemonade around 5:00 pm). Before my first MC , I had been taking 75 mcgs of Synthroid for Hypothryroidism, and since the 20 lb weight loss, my doctor had to decrease my dose to 25 mcgs, which is the lowest dose available. I'm very curious what will happen after this cleanse. I am also on a low dose of Lisinipril for high blood pressure, which I'm hoping to discontinue soon.

I found myself needing another lemonade about every hour and a half because I felt hungry. I tried to space them out every 2 hours, but I couldn't make it. The last 3 lemonades were hot teas so I could sip on them and feel satisfied much longer. I'm going to bed shortly and I don't feel hungry at all.

I made my husband dinner earlier and yes, the smell of food was difficult to deal with, but I was able to stay the course by sipping on my tea while cooking.

Last edited by Mia868 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:52 pm 

DAY 2: 124
SWF: Yes
Smooth Move Tea: Yes

Today was easier than yesterday. I forgot how gross the SWF was - UGH!! I actually have a 1/2 glass of lemonade left in case I get hungry around bedtime. Good, because I can't fall asleep when my stomach's growling.

Last edited by Mia868 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:31 am 

Welcome back Mia!

And congratulations on maintaining so well, it can be tough coming off and wanting to taste so many things. I have briefly read of liver/gallbladder flushes recently, and they have sparked my interest. Would you mind giving me to link to what directions you followed that were successful? I have came across a few varying versions.

Also how long did it take to run its course? Should it be a day to stay at home? Is it painful?
I have completed two cleanses so far this year, and I will be doing a third this June. So I may save the flush for after that cleanse, :) .

Keep up the good work and stay strong!

[*]5' 8" [*]Female

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:40 am 

Hi Sarah!

Thank you!! It's great to be back!! I couldn't wait for the 3-month mark, so I could do another cleanse. Congrats on the 54 1/2 lb loss!!!

This is my second attempt to answer your post because my first one somehow got deleted. I think my computer logged me out because I took too long!!! I'll try to keep it short now and definitely copy it before I hit submit again!! :roll:

The gallbladder/liver cleanse I did was Dr. Hulda Clark's. I found her cleanse at "The Curezone". There is a liver flush forum you can visit to read all about other's experiences. I followed Dr. Clark's directions to the letter the first time. I did do a parasite cleanse first. I bought a kit at OneLife for $21. I didn't see any results, but who knows. One thing I have learned from the first cleanse is to make sure your colon is completely empty before you drink the olive oil/grapefruit mixture at night. For my 2nd cleanse, I drank Smooth Move Tea and took a gentle laxative around noon to make sure I was cleaned out, and it worked. The reason being is if your colon is full, the gallbladder will not fully cooperate and whatever gallstones do get released will get trapped in your colon. Trapped gallstones will be reabsorbed by the body, which is toxic. I did both liver flushes on a Friday because you will be using the bathroom a lot the next morning, and I'm off work on Saturdays. I was finished passing stones around 1:00 pm.

At no time was I ever in pain. The only discomfort I've felt was feeling weak and lightheaded from eating very little no-fat food and no food after 2:00 pm on Friday...this shuts down your gallbladder from squirting bile and lets pressure build up for the flush. In fact I have never read a story about the process being painful.

For my 2nd flush, I drank four 8oz glasses of 100% apple juice a day and some green apples for the five days before the flush, and on morning of the flush. Apples contains malic acid which softens gallstones. I read about this from Dr. Andrea Moritz's liver cleanse plan. I believe I had better results this time around because I added the juice/apples.

Here is a Free Liver Cleanse that is exactly like Dr. Clarks (except for the black walnut tincture; which is part of parasite cleansing). I've read different opinions about doing a parasite cleanse before the liver flush. Some believe that a congested liver is already overtaxed, and that taxing it even more with a parasite cleanse is no good.

http://blog.futuremindtraining.co.uk/ar ... r-cleanse/

I'm no expert on liver/gallbladder cleanses, nor am I suggesting them to anyone. I'm new at this and still learning myself. I'm just sharing my experiences and still fine tuning the process. If you have any questions about the flush, please just ask.

I just wanted to add that there is a lot of debate about whether or not people are actually passing gallstones or just oil olive mixed with bile. You will no doubt read all about it wherever you look up liver cleanses. Despite these debates, I chose to do it and see for myself. In my opinion, they look like stones. Some people believe they are soft because they are newer and haven't yet calcified yet. Some call it gallbladder sludge. As you keep doing the flushes and get the newer ones out, the older, harder ones move forward, and then come out too. I highly recommend you read up on the liver cleanse for yourself before you decide to do one. I obsessively read up about it for 3 months before I decided to do it.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:17 pm 

DAY 3: 124
Gym: No, my calf muscle still hurts. I did some stretches this morning, and it's been sore ever since.

Well, I got my first two cankers sores today!!! :x Right along the side of my tongue, so they bump my teeth - OUCH!!! I completely forgot about the numerous canker sores I developed from my first cleanse. Note to self: RINSE YOUR MOUTH IMMEDIATELY AFTER DRINKING THE LEMONADE!! I was going to skip the flush tonight because I felt a little "puffy" today, but then decided to just do it. It seems a lot harder to get it down this time. Tomorrow I'm going to try using a straw.

Today I decided to keep a little pulp in my lemonade. Yuck! I almost gagged on it and had to strain it out. No problems whatsoever with hunger or energy today. I'm just feeling a little edgy and irritable right now, and I'm just waiting for this SWF to be over with so I can go to bed.

Last edited by Mia868 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:05 pm 

DAY 4: 124

My canker sores seem a little better. I've been swishing with salt water and rinsing my mouth out after each lemonade. I was very short tempered and hypercritical today, but not hungry nor tired. I was hedge trimming up until 7:30, so I decided to skip the flush tonight. I seem to be stuck on 124 lb, so I'm hoping for a change tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Mia868 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:02 pm 

Hi Mia, today was my Day 16... I'm cheering you on! As a mom of 2 boys, I've also seen the weight fluctuate over the past 7yrs. I'm so impressed with your 32 day results and that you have maintained your weight. After my first 10day cleanse and 5day ease off, I was able to cut out meat for a couple of months, but then family gatherings and traveling got the best of me as I'm quite a Foodie :roll: I'm aiming for 40days, but reevaluating every week. I plan to follow up with green juicing and mainly raw diet to maintain, but will have to come up with something realistic for he long run, so I can maintain for more than just a year.

Was your family supportive or think you we're starving yourself? I feel great and not sluggish like I was in he past winter months before my monthlong ease into the cleanse... Would love to hear your experience on the family front...

Good luck with day 5... I had a really hard time with Day 6 this time around.
Jo

End Date: Nov 28th, Thanksgiving???

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:16 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:49 pm 

DAY 5: 122
Smooth Move Tea: No

Today I was in a good mood and felt energetic. I woke up with a hoarse throat, which got progressively worse throughout the day. At one point, I thought I had laryngitis. It wasn't painful, just strenuous to try and talk. Now my voice is almost back to normal. What I think happened is this: While I drinking my last lemonade last night as a hot tea, the cayenne pepper floated to the top. (I use a lot of cayenne. I'd say about 1/4 teaspoon per lemonade). I remember sipping my tea and coughing a little bit because I was inhaling the cayenne. So I basically inhaled hot pepper spray!!!! I've had a slight hoarseness for a couple of days, but I summized that it was from all of the pollen blowing around...I have terrible allergies, and get monthly shots for them. Now I believe it was the cayenne pepper causing my throat to become irritated. Well, I just wanted to spread the word about the hot lemonade. Please just use a small amount of cayenne.

Other than that, I was thrilled to see the scale finally go down!!! I weighed myself 5 times to make absolutley sure. I think the SWF caused me to retain water, so skipping it last night resulted in a loss.

Last edited by Mia868 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:05 pm 

Congrats on your 2lb loss, the most I've had was 1.5!
Thank you for your detailed reply, you're a true inspiration to me! I know that the end result will be for me, which will reflect on my overall happiness towards life and my family.

On you 32day cleanse, did you have any bloating issues during PMS, where there was a few days no weight loss? Curious as to why I had no change today :oops:

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:43 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:43 pm 

DAY 6: 123
Lemonades: 7

I started off the day feeling good and energetic. By noon, I started getting cravings and having feelings of wanting to chew something. I kept having small lemonades throughout the day, but still felt hungry. I ended up having an herbal tea and then making a couple hot lemonades-I know I said the hot lemonades caused my throat problems, but I figured out why.

The lemonades that I was heating up were pre-mixed and I believe I actually cooked the cayenne pepper while heating the lemonade in the microwave. Tonight I heated up the hot water first and then added fresh juice and syrup with just a little cayenne...huge difference!! No coughing. Lesson learned. I feel relieved because warm tea really satisfies me, especially when the cravings hit-like tonight.

I've been thinking about food a lot today and already planning where I'd like to go when I'm ready to eat. I'm looking forward to the awesome salad bar at Dakota's restaurant and a huge baked potato. This was the same craving I had during the first cleanse, and after weeks of looking forward to it and then finally getting it, I must say, that it was the BEST salad I have ever had!!! I'm looking forward to it again!!

Hopefully, these cravings diminish overnight. I believe the same thing happened to me during the first cleanse around day 6 and 7. I remember wanting to call it quits, like I couldn't take anymore, but I pressed on and then magically all cravings disappeared and I entered a new phase. I remember thinking that I'm so happy that I didn't give up because I've never felt this good in my life! If I'm following the same pattern this time, then tomorrow should be a doozy!! Now I remember feeling lightheaded and weak on day 7. With this knowledge, I will follow Stanley's advice: Whenever you feel this way, drink more lemonade---I'll drink as many as it takes to break through this phase to get through to the other side. Now I can clearly remember what happened during the first cleanse. I had forgotten the breaking point that I had reached and struggled through. Well, it's all coming back to me now.

Last edited by Mia868 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:21 pm 

Mia you're doing awesome girl! Keep focused and you'll breeze though tomorrow. You did it before :D

I just realized that our height, current weight and goal is very similar... I want you to lose it all by day 10... But if you do go a bit longer, it might help me along to my end date :mrgreen:

I've never tried the lemonade hot, sounds yummy.

I'll be checking up on you tomorrow...

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:19 pm 

I weigh 120 lbs this morning!!!!! :D

I got to get ready for work. I'll talk to you soon Joanne!!