[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Follow Me On My Journey Cleansing 10days 6wks Post Surgery

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Follow Me On My Journey Cleansing 10days 6wks Post Surgery
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:48 pm 

Hello Anybody! :lol: My name is Cathey and I just had surgery 6 weeks ago today. I had a partial Hysterectomy. I kept my ovaries. My blog isn't just for women.
I'm cleansing to hopefully speed up my recovery & the healing process. Any major surgery requires alot of drugs. (anesthesia, antibiotics, several pain killers, etc.) I feel thick with meds right now. My joints ache, I'm still a little swollen, I'm weak and gaining weight. I have had to rest alot to heal....It's driving me a little stir crazy...not alot. I want to be more active physically but can't yet. So this Cleanse is what I need to do for myself. NOW THAT I AM CLEARED WITH MY DR. 6WEEKS POST OP, I'M READY TO GO FOR IT. Tomorrow I will Post my weight and measurements and progress. Goodnight all...I hope you will join me with encouragement and curiosity about My cleanse so soon after surgery. Happy Cleansing, Cat :D

Post subject: Re: Follow Me On My Journey Cleansing 10days 6wks Post Surge
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:55 pm 

Cat,

Glad you started your own thread here, I didnt know you actually came out of surgery so soon. Will you be taking meds while on the cleanse? The reason why I ask is because I am not sure if it is a good idea to take meds on an empty stomach, It could cause you ulcers. If not then welcome aboard! I am here for support and wish you the best and quickest recovery!

Violet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:00 pm 

Hi there...Glad you joined me...was starting to get lonesome..haha
No more meds!! I hate taking all that stuff, but know the value meds have when necessary. So now I'm doing the cleanse not just to lose weight but to detox my kidneys from the meds. I see my Dr. tomorrow for my 6wk post op write off. Next I will do something to detox my liver to get all that junk out of my body. Then finish up with some good probiotics to replace my good flora. I'll be on a 2 month journey here cleansing maybe. I'm not sure yet what to do as far as a liver cleanse. That oil pulling thing was interesting!! I wonder if research has been done to see if it interferes with the Master Cleansing value? I don't know.
Today is day2....I'm tempted but resisting the urge to eat as I make PB&J's for the kiddos. I love how I feel just the 2nd day in to this.

Day1-day2
strt wght 148
cw 146
GW 125ish
1st Day~ I had a killer headache....probably a caffeine headache. I prepped for 2 days still drinking coffee, lemonade all day then ate a lite dinner or some apples.
2nd Day~Today(thurs) I have just a slight headache.
I feel my joints getting stiff today too? weird. I wonder if it's the toxins
I'll keep you posted on tomorrow..Happy Cleansing!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:32 pm 

Good job and keep it up. I just finished day 6 and so far, so good. I have been telling myself I can eat the rest of my life, but for now I need to be strong and detox my body. I hope your feel well and you can do this. :mrgreen:

jazzbc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:48 pm 

Cat, Great job on day two resisting temptation!, I think its pretty normal to feel stiff achy and not in a good place for the next few days, some people only last 3 days of the worst of it, some it goes into 5 days. Hang in there though , I know just how rough it is.

So far as the liver cleanse I am not sure what else you can do, will have to do some reading up on that!

Hope you have painless day tomorrow or that it is at least temptation low!

Violet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:49 pm 

Hi Ladies Thanks for posting...I am having a difficult time right now...I want to eat! I came soo close! AND you are absolutely right about the first 3 days being the worst. If I have ever quit on the cleanse it's been within the first 3 days. So today is super important for me...lol Tomorrow will be day 4 and I tell myself too....I can eat for the rest of my life. I have a goal to accomplish here...PLUS this morning when I woke up I felt really good. I've just been driving around town alot today...Had my Dr. appt this am for my 6week post op write off. I got a green light to do whatever I want now. I have a job teaching water aerobics starting Sept 14. So I kind of need to stay focused if I want to feel on top of my game....cause right now...I'm not. I hope you all are being strong...It's tough but sooo worth it. :D Happy Cleansing :P , Cat

today's weight~145 (@the Dr's office)
Today's weight @my home was~143 :roll: I'll trust the Dr's scale over mine...but Pooey!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:00 pm 

Cat!

Woohoo!! you made it through the first 3 days! The feeling you get when you wake up the next day and can look back on your success is wonderful! The cravings were rough, and I had to train myself to think of other things all the way up to day 10, now its a lot easier for me, its like looking at something in the far distance when it comes to thinking about cravings, and not so urgent feeling.

Make it a point to get some juice when you start thinking about a favorite food, helps a bit.

Great job, lets keep it going!

Violet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:01 am 

Hi Cat,

I love your attitude! So encouraging :D I'm sure by now your cravings have lightened up. Hope your cleanse is going great.
Kim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:13 am 

Hi Ladies...I've had a busy busy weekend traveling and now school started for the kids....I am still doing the cleanse but I was stranded over the wkend without my supplies and I ended up eating some veggies. :oops: UGH! Oh well....I'm still on board. I have to travel again this wkend but I will be sure to be more prepared with my lemonade supplies. I'm also taking on the good advice to NOT look at the scale. My goals are far more than what it says. Today while the kids are at school I'm going to brainstorm my most important goals for long term and then short term. I do feel positive today...and does anyone else agree....THAT It feels better to be on the cleanse than to eat? One of my favorite things I like to notice after the cleanse is how certain foods react in my body. I love having a clean slate after a Successful cleanse. I have no bloating or inflamation...no gas! I feel so clean...my skin looks brighter, my eyes too! Don't give up on me ladies! I'm still here for you too! I hope you all are having a good week. Happy cleansing! Cat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:08 am 

Hi Cat,

I understand exactly how you feel regarding not eating. It is so liberating to not have to eat for this period of time. I notice so much about food when I am done. Like how a potato makes me feel so relaxed. Once after fasting I had grapefruit juice and broke out with hives.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:42 pm 

Cat, Its so good to hear from you and see your still on board. I replied a little to your post on my thread but I want to say that I am glad you did not give up because of having to eat a little that day. Just one blip, nothing big at all!
So far as the scales go, I still havent been on mine. I feel so empowered by not weighing in everyday, I am not slave to needing to see a number and I know that I am doin the right thing anyway. It is just as you said it, this is so much bigger than a number on a scale,...It is a whole mind set change and lifestyle flip.

( Not to say that those who weigh themselves are wrong!! I am NOT saying that, so I hope I do not offend anyone!)

Whats great is that you know how great it feels to be in control, be clean with eating, you lasted 40 days! amazing and so strong.

I wish you a smooth cleanse tomorrow!

Violet 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:44 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:25 am 

Hi ladies, I hope you all are having a good morning. I'm doing alright...I'm focused on my day...I'm going to start cleaning and organizing to keep my time occupied. I feel hunger this am....I haven't had a lemonade yet. Getting up and getting the kids out the door for school has me busy. I'm going to have to get up earlier if I want to take care of myself first. Getting up early after summer break is no fun yet!! I still need to get a rythm, find my beat! So off to put on some music and get in the zone. Wish me well today...I don't know why I'm being soo tempted all the time to eat. It's like a fungus on my brain that wants me to fail at this cleanse....I'm determined! I wish I had a person right by my side doing it with me....but that's not going to happen...soo This forum is my best friend right now! lol Take care everyone...be strong& remember "cravings" only last for 6 minutes then they pass....so when the craving comes Look at the clock and know it will pass shortly!! Happy Cleansing, Cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:21 pm 

I'm feeling :twisted: hungry.....just fixed the kids an after school snack....I'm not going to break the cleanse again though...but since i ate over the wkend..I had to start over, I'm MAD that I triggered my digestive tract to want the food again. I was doing soo good. I feel like superman around kryptonite.....lol MY Secret to help me resist.." I take a cayenne pepper pill and wait to feel a slight burn then I gulp down a whole cup of lemonade to put out the fire....then I'm not craving anymore. LOL :mrgreen: I'm wacked...but hey it works...After the first 5-6 days I don't have to do this. . The maple syrup is really all we need on the cleanse to stabilize our blood sugar...but when we cheat and eat something it disturbs the whole process and takes a few days to balance out again.
I must say though that Since I started the cleanse...even with eating after day4...I feel stronger since my surgery. Eating how I did just made me feel worse. Maybe I'll look into the raw food diet....but add chips to my raw salsa! lol I'm off.....I feel better...panic hunger moment gone! Stay strong my Cleansing friends. :) Cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:38 pm 

Cat! Loool your post is so funny, I am not laughing in a negative way, its just good to see you getting your frustrations out like this, this is exactly what helped me to stay on track too. Working things out through writing and communication.

The craving is really like the monkey on your back. It may go off to have a peanut or two but it will soon be back to annoy you and try to make you cave in. You are doing fantastic, it is as you said, just enduring a bit longer until stabilized again. I am happy to hear you are feeling stronger, and I think it would be awesome if I had another buddy trying out being raw, just as you said you can add non raw food to the mix if need be. I will say you can actually make crunchy chips in a dehydrator if you ever wanted to maybe try going more raw, but those suckers are expensive for a decent one, I am still saving up for one myself, the one im going for is like 350$ or so!

Get mad! beat the monkey! (yep that sounds bad)

Violet :lol: :lol: