[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Alix's Spring Clean 2014: 10 day Master Cleanse

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Alix's Spring Clean 2014: 10 day Master Cleanse
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:45 pm 

Hi guys,

Here goes. I plan on starting a 10-day MC tomorrow. I have done lots of water fasting, juicing, master cleansing and other types of cleansing in the past, but its been a while since my last successful fast/master cleanse. I am hoping to use this blog and forum as a support system for my journey.

The main issue that stopped me the last time that I did it was that it triggered my migraine. I have had migraines for almost 20 years, and they come frequently in the most recent year of my life because of an increase of stressors and triggers in my immediate environment.

It is very important that I complete this master cleanse and that I do not fail on Day 1. I just hope I don't get a migraine.

I will weigh myself tomorrow morning when I officially begin the cleanse, but I know that I weigh approximately 145-6 right now. I have been traveling the entire last year and have been in transition, and because of this upheaval I have strayed from my high-raw diet and begun eating a lot of things which are less than optimal for my health. I have gained about 8 pounds during this year.

About 8 years ago I was fasting regularly, and I was very strict about my diet. During this time my weight more or less plateaued at about 132-4 pounds. Although I always wanted to be less than this, it never really got less than that except during fasting.

I am typically an active person and even at times quite athletic. However, in the last year because of the nature of my situations, this has slacked off quite a bit.

I know that a good MC will be a quick and effective way to reset my system. I have the goal to go back to my raw food diet after this cleanse.

I also live in a house with many people. There is always food around, and this is a big challenge.

We'll see. I am determined to start tomorrow.

Post subject: Re: Alix's Spring Clean 2014: 10 day Master Cleanse
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:10 pm 

Still not tomorrow yet.

But I have to say, I am feeling very lethargic, and dealing with lack of motivation and mild depression. I was bordering on eating disorder 10 years ago when I was about 20. I checked my weight several times a day, and I barely ate anything, but I was a healthy weight and I exercised semi-regularly.

Eventually about 3 years ago all of this fell away and I stopped being obsessed about my weight. I also was pretty solid in my raw food lifestyle. I looked and felt great. I was radiating.

But now I am finding it hard to regain the same motivation that I had when I was in my early 20s to jump start my healthy lifestyle.

Part of this is because I have already read so much of what's out there about diet, nutrition and fasting that there is nothing that is really inspiring anymore. There is nothing new. Before it was like I was uncovering a new treasure, and I was gung-ho to embark on that quest. But now, I have discovered all of the things that they write in the books, so when I read them it feels lackluster.

How do I deal with this?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:51 pm 

Just going back over my last MC blog. I'm pretty impressed that I posted every day even up to day 10!

The big mistake that I made though was to NOT keep posting after I finished the cleanse. I went on a conference and got swept up in the ambiance and completely lost all of the results that I got from the cleanse.

This time I am going to do it differently.

It is my intention to post every day after the cleanse as well for an entire month.

The intention for my diet habits after this cleanse, I repeat, is to be 100% raw vegan. Not just high-raw, but actually 100% raw. And not just mostly vegan, or mostly vegetarian, but 100% vegan. This includes honey.

I can do this by slowing down my attention span. By not being so nervous, by not being so vata. The cleansing will help achieve this level of clarity and discrimination.

This cleanse is not only about cleansing of the physical body for me. It is also about cleansing out attachments to certain behavior patterns. I have decided that it is time for me to stop being charitable until I have attained a state of existence in which I am fully supporting myself financially. At the moment I am still receiving help from the government, from student loans and occasionally from my father.

I have done a lot of work on donation basis, and I have done a lot of work on building an educational non-profit (which is still being built) without receiving any monetary compensation (well, a few donations, but not nearly enough to constitute a salary). Because of all of my charitable giving and my generous attitude, I have arrived in a state in which I myself am in need of charity.

It is time to seriously slow down and even become still so that I can get a grip on my life again.

As well, I have learned that there are a lot of people in my old life that are less than 100% genuine friends.

This cleanse is about 100% purity. This cleanse is about becoming 100% raw, 100% pure, 100% honest, 100% natural, 100% love.

Anything or anyone that does not fit into that description is to be identified as malefic and to be expelled from my sphere of existence.

I have big plans for the next 10 years of my life from 30-40 years of age, and it can only take place if I have a super-woman attitude. Not only that, but I can't be hanging out with posers anymore.

There are so many posers that I have met in my life. People that appear to be empathetic, friends, and in some cases even spiritual leaders, but when it comes down to the moment of truth these people discreetly exit out the back door, trying to not be noticed. I have no more tolerance for the charlatans.

Sure, there is compassion and understanding and empathy, but like the old adage proclaims, "Only trust 'em as far as you can throw 'em." And that is exactly what I am going to do. These are not my friends. They clearly never were. They were there when times were flush, but not when times were rough.

I now realize I can count my true amigos on one hand. And alas, the rest I can release myself from all responsibility for them, for giving attention and praise to their lifestyles and creations, for giving support.... which was never my practice before, but if it won't come around for me when I need the support, then in essence they are just acting as parasites and vampires when I am there giving them my energy.

No. From now on I do NOT work for free.

And how to manage this? How to manage people booking their time with me as a paid exchange?

Well, I am going to take this time for cleansing to restart the machine. To get solid in my yoga practice. Hopefully I will be able to get past day 1, day 2, day 3, day 10... and even make it all the way to day 50. And then come off on my birthday, July 2. Beginning my new life. Beginning a rebirth as a 100% raw vegan.

As a nanny I can do this. As a nanny I can take the time to meditate. This is the perfect time for me to focus on myself.

Focus on me. Focus on my growth. Focus on into what I am going to evolve in this next 10 years of my life. I am now beginning the summer phase of my life. Spring is waning. There is almost nothing left of it. I now begin the second quarter of my life. I do it with intention. I do it with full awareness. I do it slowly. I do it quietly. I do it without making too many waves. I do it without being too visible.

All of the ego. It drains me. All of the attention that I try to get for my actions. All of the confirmation. All of the reassurance.... it just drains me. I need to let go of that attachment to confirmation.

Post subject: Coffee and Sun Damage
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:56 pm 

I observe that my skin aged very quickly over the years 2012-2013. During this time I spent a LOT of time in the sun in Brazil, as well as in the tanning beds without any sunscreen.

This saddens me. As well, I have been addicted to coffee again for almost a year. This is the longest period of time I have drunk coffee on a daily basis in the last 8 years. This as well causes my skin to look very uneven and causes it to be dehydrated.

Another intention that I have for after this fast is to cut out coffee from my diet and to use sunscreen. Although I love the way that I look with a tan, I at least need it on my face.

I actually did use a lot of sunscreen on my face when being exposed to UVs, but it wasn't enough. And I believe that the coffee has a lot to do with it.

Post subject: Sticking to Myself: Technique for Reducing Distraction
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:17 pm 

There is a nervousness about me. An inability to focus. It is this tendency that is causing me to eat when I don't feel hungry and to eat what is not healthy for me. Really what I need to be consuming is more water and air. I need to be breathing more and doing more stretching. And being more in silence.

It is not so automatic to be silent in a house with 12 people living in it. Even more that it is a Yoga Society with visitors coming in and out all day long. I can opt to stay in my room for much of the time, which is not very glamorous, but for the purposes of starting and sustaining my master cleanse, sticking to my room and sticking to writing on this forum may be the best way to begin focusing my attention and sustaining it, at least until I have created enough of a strength and momentum in my cleanse.

Post subject: Day 1 - 7:30 A.M.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:54 am 

DAY 1
Here goes. I am starting my first day.

I have my first glass of spicy lemonade on the desk next to my computer. The maple syrup is being heated in a double boiling system on the stove, since I found some unidentified floaters in it. Its been about 7 months since I bought the syrup and it has not been in the refrigerator.

I took an herbal laxative in pill form this morning since I do not have a laxative tea yet. Since it is the first day, this is ok, as the digestive system has not shut down yet.

I weighed in this morning at 146 lbs.

Goal weight 130.

I can do this by my 30th birthday. And then with my diligence and commitment to my health I will be on a raw vegan diet after. I will maintain my weight.

The only reason I gained weight in the last six months was because I was in an environment that was very unsuitable for me. I am now going back to the place I consider to be home, and it is very suitable for me.

I have a lot of packing to do. Next Thursday I get on a plane to move back to Geneva, Switzerland after one year of wandering.

Not much more to say for now. I am going to start my morning, get a shower.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:15 pm 

DAY 1 - AFTERNOON

My brain is playing tricks on me. It is saying, "You didn't completely ease into the cleanse, so you should do it partially at first. Go ahead and have some salad or steamed veggies or fruit or peanut butter."

Although, this might be a good plan so that I really do do this in a sustainable manner. It is now almost 3 p.m. and I have been on the spicy lemonade all day. I am not having too many cravings actually, I just want to really do it right this time.

I know that my body works best when I am eating a high raw (including some steamed veggies and soups), gluten free, low-starch, high fruit, low caffeine, no coffee, low-fat, drug-free, regular yoga, daily exercise, daily sun lifestyle.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:14 pm 

I am deciding to do this the slow and sure way. So now it is just after 4 pm. I am going to proceed to eat today only raw vegan food, with the exception of cooked veggies.

Start again tomorrow with Lemonade. Slowly getting the system used to cleansing.

I will continue writing in this blog so that I stay on track.

Om.

Post subject: Breaking Fast
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:42 pm 

I am breaking my fast this afternoon with a lovely combination of scrumptious raw ingredients. A bowl of:

-apple
-banana
-dates
-dried cherries
-almonds
-peanut butter
-date sauce (I almost went for maple syrup, but I figured *thats* not RAW!! And I have a bunch of dates that need to be eaten before my move)
!!

Yummm

On my way to raw vegandom! (With cooked veggies and soups ;-)

Post subject: S.O.S.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:53 pm 

I don't know what has happened with this forum. There used to be a lot of traffic on here. Now its almost dead!

What happened to all the master cleansers?!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:15 pm 

I found this great video about easing in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6edwzIq7Rc

So I am committing to 28 days of easing in before starting the full 10 days. I will continue to fast tomorrow morning. Making sure to eat fruits and veggies. No grains.

Orange juice and spicy lemonade as well.

I am also going to continue focussing on stabilizing my exercise routine.

Post subject: Finish Day 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:03 pm 

Great. I have made it through day 1 of my cleanse. I did the lemonade until after 4 p.m. and then I switched to raw foods. I only had the fruit salad that I posted about earlier.

2 bananas, 2 apples, several dates (maybe 10), 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter, handful of almonds.

A pretty caloric meal, and all raw. I feel satiated even now at 10 p.m. Just had some more water.

Begin again with spicy lemonade tomorrow morning. Slowly easing into the cleanse. Don't want the brain to think that it is starving.

Its really important to me that I make it to the gym tomorrow as well. I was going to go tonight and got side tracked. I feel like I need it. I have not been in 5 days. I am feeling a bit heavy.

Also, I can feel that I will be starting my period very soon. So that is contributing to the bloating that I am feeling. As well, it is important that I do not start fasting at the same time I am starting my period. This can trigger my migraine from such a rapid detox.

Post subject: Day 2 - 10:44 a.m.
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:52 am 

DAY 2/28 DAY EASE-IN
On Day 2 of my cleanse. Day 2 of my 28 day ease-in. Just finished my second glass of spicy lemonade and took a few herbal laxatives.

Weight this morning at 144 lbs! So I already lost 2 pounds yesterday, even though I ate that raw dinner yesterday evening.

My body is aching all over from lack of activity in the past months. I did some yoga this morning, and I will be teaching a yoga class in about 15 min.

I am also wrestling with depression, as I am going through some major life changes right now. Everything is up in the air, and I am worried about my survival. I am feeling like a failure. I am feeling like I made a bad decision last year when I quit my life and renounced everything I own.

Now I am trying to get back into the life I used to have with a few differences. There are so many uncertainties right now. As well, since I left my old life I have been living in situations that were much less than comfortable... very draining on many levels, in fact.

Some of the things that I hope to achieve with this cleanse is more clarity, less aching in my body, and removing my depression and anxiety.

Raw vegan. Steamed veggies. No gluten. No alcohol. No rice. No drugs. No coffee. Low starch. Low sodium.

(But for now, during this cleanse, I am sticking to no starch and no sodium. )

Post subject: Day 3
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:31 am 

DAY 3

Weight 144 lbs.

Today starting day 4 of the cleanse, but a quick update about day 3.

I drank OJ until late afternoon. Then I moved to all raw foods and some cooked veggies:

-apple
-raw sushi: raw nori, avocado, cucumber, carrot (round two with some cooked mushrooms)
-stir fried kale and mushrooms with sesame oil
-sliced cucumber with black sesame seeds and sesame oil and vinegar
-raspberries with honey
-apple with peanut butter

Post subject: Day 4
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:37 am 

DAY 4

Weight: 144 lbs

This morning I started my period. I almost didn't feel it come, which is always what happens when my diet becomes much more pure. However, because of this, I am having more of an appetite this morning, and so instead of going straight to liquids, I am doing raw food.

Already had:

-raspberries and honey
-Kale Krunch (savory, and so a bit salty, but still raw and vegan)