Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: London Gal starting second Master Cleanse tomorrow 21 Aug
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:13 am 

Yesterday was my 46th birthday and last week was my mum's birthday, so a lot of cake's been eaten culminating on 7 lbs / 3 kilo weight gain. Cake and Champagne - it's been fun but after several months of being healthy, the weight gain is shocking.

Since November 2014, I had lost 10 kilos (24 lbs) through cutting out carbs, gluten, dairy and sugar, personal training once a week and going to the gym but I booked a holiday for 18 days time and would like to shift 7 kilos (14 lbs) fast and not lose any of the muscle I have gained from exercise. I don't want to lose the weight to look good at the pool but to compensate for any weight gain on holiday - it's half board so it's going to happen.

Four years ago I did the Master Cleanse for 10 days. I lost so much weight. I have tried to reproduce that - have watched countless lemons turn dusty green in the fridge over the years but just couldn't stomach it. Seriously, twice i had over 40 lemons there! I didn't think I could ever freeze the juice for the cleanse - tell me if I'm wrong, so now I only have about 10 lemons each time - just to kick-start me if I take the plunge - and that plunge day is tomorrow!!!

Now I have a deadline - that holiday. The master cleanse must start tomorrow. Today the fridge is full of food - mainly good food (spinach, chill corn carne, cod, spring greens, ham) but food nonetheless. I will polish off the fish and chill and make a soup with the other things.

I've read lots of your posts but unfortunately, I don't like the taste of the Master Cleanse. I prefer it with lime but don't know if that's going to detox me the same way as lemons.

Do you have TeaPIgs peppermint tea in the US? We have it here in London. The peppermint is divine - so strong. We don't have that Smooth Tea you mention unfortunately but senna based teas - probably the same thing. Unfortunately, we do have sea salt, so I'm all set for the SWF's.

If anyone out there is also thinking about starting tomorrow or has just recently started, do please let me know and I'll follow your posts too. We can be partners in cleanse!!!

I have just weighed myself and am now 149 lbs.

Last week I was just 141 lbs pre-birthday celebrations.

I want to get down to 134 lbs before September 6th as fast as possible as I really don't like the taste of the drink!! :( :x

Post subject: Re: London Gal starting second Master Cleanse tomorrow 21 Au
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:17 am 

Today is the first day.

So far I have had two glasses of Master Cleanse having made a 2 litre plastic bottle's worth this morning - gagging as I poured the 140ml of the Bada Mal syrup into the bottle - the smell of it is so horrible.

The two glasses went down ok and (and I am so happy about this), i found fresh orange juice in the fridge, so I allowed myself a sip of orange juice just to get rid of the putrid taste in my mouth.

Two mugs of peppermint tea and three large glasses of water, I am ready for my lunch of master cleanse but wanted to write this blog first as I am procrastinating in taking it two more glasses. My stomach is silently rumbling and I have a headache.

The good news is before I started the cleanse my weight is 149lbs, so I should be able to reach my goal of 135 lbs within 2 weeks. This forum is a bit of a ghost town, so I know I'm writing to myself but if anyone else is out there in a Walking Dead type scenario, reach out!!

I have told two friends that I am doing this so I have to do this now.

Last edited by LondonGal on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:39 am 

That is a great start! I'm sure you will be able to do this and finish :) The rumbling and headache should stop after the 2nd day or so. Just try to consume more MC because you shouldn't be too hungry. MC and lots of H2O should help reduce the hunger and headache.

I totally agree "ghost town" :lol: I feel the same way. Thanks for your post on my MC challenge. Its really a push of motivation for me so I wanted to return the kind gesture. I have 3 days left, but am trying to push for longer. Hopefully we can just keep in touch and both do great!

Your goal sounds reasonable and totally possible! Goodluck! :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:28 pm 

@Judy87 - thanks for the support. I've written some of this on your post, I hope you don't mind. Just wanted to ensure you saw I replied. It can be quite silent on this forum.

Today is the second day. I have lost 2 lbs in ONE DAY even though I had two slices of salami, one Pulsin vegan bar and one vegan burger patty. I did walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes and did some weights.

Thank you Judy87 and ChesterC for your words of encouragement and advice. Your kind words have spurred me on to stick to the cleanse properly today.

I weigh myself in the morning is that the best way? For example on the start of Day 2, I weigh myself and put down that weight as the result of Day 1 or should I weigh myself at the end of Day 1?

OK, Day 2, 2 litres of Master Cleanse to mix up and glug down! Here goes!!!

Starting Weight: 149 lbs

Day 1: 147 lbs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:56 am 

Hi London Gal...welcome. Doing great. I don't think substituting lime for lemon makes much of a difference. I read the book and they say lime works fine too..as long as they are all organic.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:42 am 

One more thing: Weighing yourself in the morning is the best way to go. Your body works while you are asleep. You get a more accurate picture after a good night sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:55 am 

Thanks, MissSuccess, I'll keep weighing myself in the morning. Today i just had one slice of salami. Tomorrow it's limes not lemons. Good luck today. My day is almost over.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:14 am 

Day 3: 145 lbs

All going to plan, though I caved and ate half a vegan burger patty. I have only had one MC drink so far (left over from yesterday), and it's 3pm in the afternoon. I'll make a batch with lime now. I really should have had three drinks by now but couldn't face it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:19 am 

I think this cleanse must be nearly impossible if you don't like the lemonade mixture. I really liked it--but then again I put cayenne on everything. On day 12 here and just broke the cleanse with some orange juice. I wish you all the best!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:44 am 

Thanks, ChesterC, it's the smell of the maple syrup that upsets me, not so much the taste of the drink. I normally squeeze the lemons, pour that into the 2 litre empty bottle. Then I measure out 140ml of the maple syrup in another container and pour that into the bottle. It's pouring it into the bottle when the aroma gets me. Maybe if I pour the maple syrup first and then add the lemon juice.

Day 4 (Sunday August 24): 145 lbs

Day 5 (Monday August 25): 144 lbs

Day 6 (Tuesday August 26): 144 lbs

In four days I have lost one pound. I haven't cheated the last two days (when I did cheat it was just half a vegan burger patty but no more cheating), but I had the SWF yesterday and nothing happened, I retained the water instead. I used Pink Himalayan salt not regular sea salt, thinking it would be better for me. I have had senna teas each night. I have also been walking on the treadmill each day and exercised with hand weights on Day 5. Will do so again today (Day 6). I also have now two lemons and two limes in each 2 litre bottle.

Overall, I have lost 5 lbs in 6 days, so that's not bad progress.

I jumped on the wii balance after 9 months' absence and the little wii avatar told me I was 19 lbs lighter than the last time I jumped on which was lovely.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:52 am 

Way to go, LondonGal! I notice sometimes the SWF doesn't work for me. I went up to 2 teaspoons of sea salt for the 32 ounces of warm water, and it worked really well. Also don't worry too much about the day to day weight loss. Some days I would not lose anything, and then a couple days later I would drop a few pounds. I also noticed more weight loss during the phase out period. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:19 am 

Thanks, ChesterC! Now that you've mentioned you get more lbs off towards the end, I will stick to it. I caved in today but only with plain lettuce and a broccoli floret. I guess, I'm doing a 'relaxed version'. Earlier today I measured that I have enough maple syrup for two more days. So will buy another container tomorrow. It's just a five minute walk to the shop. It's been raining for 48 hours, I haven't left the flat, so tomorrow's journey will be good. I've run out of energy to do work outs as I did when I started this but will try tomorrow morning on Day 7 - can't believe i got that far.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:49 pm 

Yesterday (Day 6) I had no energy to do anything. In the evening I did have some lettuce leaves and one steamed broccoli floret and a couple of peas. It did make me feel better.

I now like to do the Master Cleanse with 2 lemons and 2 limes, it's really nice like that! I think I will place the maple syrup container in the fridge to dampen the odour of it as I pour it out. I need to buy another tin today. £40 over here in the UK. That's about $70. So expensive.

It's such a shame we can't use standard maple syrup as I could live off that and it smells so heavenly but there you go.

The good news is that after no weight loss for three days I have lost another pound!! I'm going to do this for 15 days until Saturday 6th September. On Monday September 8th I am going on my first holiday in five years to a hotel with half-board, so I need to ease off for three days (Saturday and Sunday). The first day will be pure orange juice and Sunday will be more orange juice and veggie juice. On Monday I travel, so I'll stick to orange juice. The hotel buffet will do amazing fruit, so I intend to eat that on the first day. So, actually 4 days of phasing out as recommended. I have been driven on by ChesterC losing more weight during the phase out period which is amazing!

For the last 18 years I have lived with someone who didn't know what to do in the kitchen, so I was the only cook. Now the tables have turned. Necessity is the Mother of Invention and now I am being offered cappuccinos and scrambled ducks eggs for breakfast - first time in 18 years (Lunch and Dinners have yet to be mastered). I have gladly turned these down.

I would not have got to Day 7 if it wasn't for the support of Judy87, MissSuccess and ChesterC - thank you so much!

Day 7: 143 pounds (10 stone 3 lbs)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:19 pm 

Day 8: 142 lbs (one pound less than yesterday). Tongue very grey and furry. All good. Will try and lift some hand weights today, as I don't want to lose muscle.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:21 am 

Good to see someone posting. You're doing great London Gal. I have tried the Bada Mal Palm Syrup and I liked it but admittedly do prefer maple syrup. I liked better with lemon than lime but haven't tried combining lemon and lime. Have you been able to get the SW flush to work for you yet? SW flush is the worst in my opinion. I do need to set a date to start the cleanse. I started a liquid fruit and veggie diet today in preparation but I am stalling. I do love the cleanse once I start. Keep up the good work!