Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: New Year's Master Cleanse - anyone joining me?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:10 am 

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. If you're like me then maybe you too feel you need to reprogramme your body from the food, sugar, etc that was eaten just to feel normal again and kick-start the new healthier you in 2015! Isn't the first two weeks or month of 2015 the best time to do this when many people are starting to think healthy? Can you imagine how you will feel by February?

I have 40 lemons and limes and two cans of grade B maple syrup as well as some empty 2-litre bottles of evian water (I always mix a batch for the entire day and leave it in the fridge). I also have some fresh orange juice for the early days when i'm adjusting to the master cleanse concoction (i sip a bit of OJ to take the taste of MC away), and some drinking straws to protect my teeth enamel but what I DON'T have and desperately need is some online buddies, as without buddies, I will fail before I even start.

Does anyone fancy starting an MC either on January 1st, 2nd or 3rd? Understanding that we will be toasting on December 31st, it may be too hard on the body to start on January 1st after a couple of glasses of champers the night before, so I'm open to any suggestions about when to start.

I put on 4 lbs at Christmas but I find that it keeps piling on the weeks after Christmas if I don't keep it in check as my taste buds keep craving festive rich treats. My weight is currently 144 lbs (10 stone 4 lbs). I would like to be 14 lbs lighter i.e. 132 lbs. It's not just about weight, I want go back to feeling less sluggish and have more energy. I want my skin to glow again, my eye lids to lift and my tongue to be nice and pink, glowing with health.

Who's in?!

Post subject: Re: New Year's Master Cleanse - anyone joining me?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:03 pm 

I started Dec 27th but only 1/2 in because I don't know if I believe in no food at all. I did SWF day one with great success (took laxative tea night before) and the LW for the rest of the day (6 glasses). By the way, I did not ease into this cleanse. I had a leftover turkey dinner the night before. Here is my breakdown so far.

Height: 5'6"
Measurements: Waist 40", hips 48", thigh 291/2" (I wear a size 14 pant)
Start Weight: 197 lbs.

Day 2: 193.4 lbs (-3.4 lbs)
SWF: ended with vomiting the entire thing. Really didn't think I could do this ever again as I have a very weak stomach. Took a laxative tea instead and No bowel movements (BM from now on) the entire day.
Had LOTS of water and peppermint tea and 6 glasses of LW. No hunger pangs at all and no nausea but felt guilty not eating so I had 1/2 cup of homemade turkey soup. This did not give me any side effects. Looked online and found a great site about salt water flushes wwwyogitrition.com. Educated myself more on the flushes and decided to try again.

Day 3: 191.2 lbs (-2.2 lbs)
SWF: Decided to do the flush again this time mixing a small amt of water (200 ml) with the salt and the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Drank 2 cups water, then washed my mouth with mouthwash, downed the salt mixture, drank more water, mouth washed again, then drank the rest of the water. I kept it down!!! Unfortunately, I only "squirted" 3 times and very small amount. The water was not brown this time it was yellow. IDK if this is normal. Realized I didn't take lax tea before bed but doubt that was the reason. Went all day drinking 6 LW (reduced the maple syrup to 1 tbs as it now tastes too sweet), and lots of water/ peppermint tea as well. Had 1 cup of turkey soup for dinner. Drank my lax tea before bed. No BM yet. Thats 2 days now!

Day 4: 191.2 lbs (0 loss) I believe it was because of retaining all the salt water and not the soup.
SWF: Did the same as Day 3 and it worked this time. More yellow fluid came out but I felt like it was only 3/4 of the water solution. (first day sure was a great gage for me for these flushes).
Still feeling quite clogged up so I decided to have a black coffee since that sometimes makes me go. Didn't work. Felt I had to drink even more water today to make up for this. Bought a lax tablet that I know works for me and will see if I can have a BM as I have yet to have any! Now that's 3 days of no BM's other than the yellow fluid today. Have had LOTS of water and only a few LW today. I don't really have a reason why. Laziness? I am quite amazed how little of an appetite I have. I know I could just drink this LW and no food but still not convinced. I had some kale chips and 1 cup of turkey soup again for dinner. I am still eating far less calories than I probably should be so it's no wonder I am losing weight. I don't care about the weight though. I care about cleaning my colon. Other sites I visit say you don't need to fast the entire time so I have chosen to eat a bit to get other nutrients in me. I would love to hear your input on this since you have done a few cleanses. 8) I will see what happens tomorrow. I am going to have 2 LW's tonight and my lax tablet and try again tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Last edited by GoForGold on Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:05 pm 

By the way, my tongue looks so gross! very murky, pasty white.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:23 am 

Hi GoForGold, you have got over quite a few hurdles at the very beginning. Well done, it's not easy. Even when I first ever did the cleanse for 10 days I did have two organic milk chocolate buttons and they tasted like heaven and with my last two cleanses I took the relaxed approach, as I wanted to still do some exercise. This time I will try to do it rigidly. No food. With my first cleanse I hadn't heard of the swf so didn't do it but sill lost 10lbs. What happened was on day 7, everything came out as if I had just had a laxative due to only having liquids for so long. I have also had coffee to help in my last cleanse but that was for weight loss. This time a detox is an important as weight loss. I want a clean pink tongue! The tongue goes really gross half way through the MC. That helps spur me on as the toxins are releasing. Well done on still persevering especially over the holidays!!

Last edited by LondonGal on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:26 am 

Btw, do think about drinking through a straw as the mc can strip teeth enamel. My dentist noticed this and someone else on this forum had the same observation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:06 am 

Thanks for the compliment. I am on this for detox purposes because I believe all this is affecting my health tremendously! Once I detox the body and clean the colon, my body might have less inflammation, pain, and better absorb the healthy nutrients I am feeding it. Yes, I have my sippy cup :P I use to drink my LW. It surprises me that the enamel would strip away so soon considering how many people drink soda pop on a daily basis. Isn't that the same thing? I know my ex husband certainly has enamel issues. I am also going to go buy some pro enamel toothpaste today to help strengthen the enamel that is on my teeth. So here is my update so far for today:

Day 5: 190.4 (-.8 lbs) Total loss: 6.6 lbs
SWF: Went down like a charm! As I said last night I switched to a senna tablet laxatives that I have used in the past and as I suspected, it worked. I had two very small bowel movements in the morning before I could even make my SW concoction. :) Did the flush and within 30 minutes I was passing it through. Brown water and then yellow. Felt like all the fluid flushed out. Still not coming out clear which is an indication that the colon is clean of poop. Hopefully I will see some more BM's later in the day. Is it normal for people on this cleanse to NOT have BM's all day, especially 4 days so far? I have only read of one person who finally went on day 4. :( Am I really that clogged up? I know you took 7 but your story is a bit different. Glad it all came out though! :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:34 am 

Hi GoForGold, I never had clear BM during the cleanse, always tinted, that was normal for me. You're losing weight, that's the main indication the MC is working, you're doing well! Your tongue will be healthy pink around day 10! It's worth it for that alone!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:43 am 

So are you going to start the cleanse tomorrow?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:39 am 

Starting tomorrow is the plan and there are a couple others joining hopefully. If I wake up late and hung over I'll wait until jan 2, but Jan 1 is looking likely. I will try and get the others to post onto this thread so that we can all be inspired by everyone's progress.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:32 am 

I must be honest.

With it being New Year's Eve, we stayed up until 2am (but finished drinking just before midnight), and as a result, I didn't get up until 10am. By the time it came to making the cleanse, I was ravenous and a bit hung over, so I've had eggs, toast and coffee around midday. I am making the MC for this afternoon. So, January 1st is not Day 1 for me, but first day of preparation/easing in. I have no plans for this weekend and will drink the MC this afternoon.

I will have an early night tonight and commence my first full day of MC on January 2nd. With no social plans, I can just stay in and drink MC.

Happy New Year to Lovelyness27, Nanakaren, GoForGold, rachel1213. How are you all doing today? MC-ing?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:11 am 

I will start tomorrow. A bit to hung over today.....lol. I am drinking the lemonade and water and sticking to broth and soups. I've done the cleanse 1/2 dozen times. My last one was in June and I did the full 10 days. I really wanted to start today but I didn't even peel myself out of bed until noon. I'll be ready to plunge in tomorrow. And I have to use a straw it hurts my teeth too. Happy New Year to you all!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:46 am 

Happy New Year to you too, NanaKaren!

I may mix up the MC this evening for tomorrow morning, so that I don't have to even think about it and just start on January 2nd. I'll let you know what happens as I'm a few hours ahead of you all here in the UK.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:13 pm 

Great....I've drank the lemonade all day, had some broth with veggies and a Chris Powell protein shake. So I've kinda eased into it :) I'm going to weigh in tomorrow. I'm absolutely terrified to get on the scales. I'm 5'4 and am in my early 50's in menopause. I've really been struggling with my weight. I'm comfortable weighing from 138 to 142. That keeps me in my size 8. I've got a feeling it's not gonna be pretty when I step on them :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:02 am 

Hi Nanankaren

In September 2014 I did this cleanse with a vegan protein shake (sun warrior warrior blend). I still lost the weight. It may not be purist but I didn't want to lose any muscle definition as I hit the gym that year - the first time for a decade, so didn't want to go back to how I was before I joined the gym. Actually, I didn't go to the gym - had no energy during the cleanse - but had hand weights and a flat bench at home, so did that instead.

I've put on another 2 lbs last week I have to start today. I am 144 lbs.

It's 10am here in the UK, I haven't made the MC concoction yet, so I'm going to make it now otherwise it'll never happen today.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:06 am 

And so it begins...... Started my day with the SWF and I must say never have I had such a quick reaction. I have learned if you take to long to drink it the body will absorb it. I use a straw and count sips. I can get it down in about 5 minutes. I really want to do the 10 days my biggest concern is work. I return on Tuesday and the job I have for the next few weeks is receptionist. I have a number of duties which includes buzzing people in. I can't be running to the bathroom every 5 minutes. But I'm hoping by the time I reach day 5 I'm in better shape. I just purchased a tread mill and have the total gym so I'm ready to get in shape and reach my goal weight by summer. I climbed on the dreaded scales today and I was appalled! But I know I can do this. I maintained a weight of about 144 all summer but after the holiday binges which began in October I weighed in at 152. Sighhhhhh. It could be worse. I've decided to go for broke and set a goal weight of 135 by June 1st. The cleanse is a great way to jump start it. It's like hitting a reset button. After the cleanse I plan in eating fruits, veggies and lots of soup. It's the perfect time of year here in NY for it. I like the WW approved 100 calorie soup. So after the cleanse I'll move to that. I'll check in later. At least I have no plans for the first 4 days of the cleanse and they are the worst.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next