[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - How do I not gain much weight back after the cleanse?

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: How do I not gain much weight back after the cleanse?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:17 am 

I'm not going to weigh myself during the cleanse as I am doing the 10 days period and dont want weight loss/not to be an issue.

However I am 5ft.65 and 152lbs and need to loose a stone at least. So if i get anywhere near that how do I keep most of it off? I am fantasising about fish, broccolli and quinoa/brown rice as we speak so intend to eat better -but a raw food diet or vegan for ever is not my way forward. Do i stand a chance? I would to hear from anyine who didnt but it all back on and more as been seeing a load of scare sories today.

Portion size also in question - I am a meat eater and have no intenetion of being a veggie although love veggie food and was one for 10 years.

Post subject: Re: How do I not gain much weight back after the cleanse?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:55 am 

I'm 5ft 7 and was 168 lbs in November 2013. I lost 29 lbs

I lost most of the weight by removing as much gluten, alcohol, processed sugar as possible without denying myself treats when I had cravings. I only had carbs before 2pm. I also would have vegan protein shakes like this one . I would add half a banana, and if it was the morning shake, I would add some fine ground oats for slow-releasing carbs.

I ate pulsin bars as meal replacement / snacks, they are vegan protein too Just get the choc chip and the orange choc chip ones as the other bars have too much sugar - natural sugars but sugar nonetheless.

The above i did all on the advice of my personal trainer.

Twice last year I did the MC but relaxed versions just to lose weight after a week of birthdays or when I wanted to lose weight quick before I went on a beach holiday (my first in a decade - half/board and a buffet) Don't get me wrong I still had burgers, chips, chocolate, fish and chips and not as often as I used to.

I am now 139 lbs as I have lost a further 5 lbs since last Thursday by following the Waterfall Diet (my personal trainer's recommendation). I did do the MC for two days on January 2nd and 3rd but I had to take my dad to hospital appointments, so I stopped and did the Waterfall instead

I also have hand weights, a treadmill (for walking NOT running) and a flat bench at home.

I am waiting for proper maple grade C to arrive after another forum member, Angelina, tipped me off about Madal Bal which is the stuff that's massive in the UK. She told me it's NOT 100% maple syrup but mainly palm syrup, that's why it tastes disgusting. It's the taste that would make it hard for me to continue. Having said that if I continue to lose weight with the Waterfall I may not need to do the MC for 10 -14 days. We'll see.

In the Waterfall diet you eliminate those things I mentioned for one month but you do slowly introduce them to find out which one causes the water retention, so you don't eliminate things for ever. For example, I am still having salt and caffeine as those don't lead me to retain water and I need them for my low blood pressure.

Also, GoForGold on this forum is now eating more raw food after a recent successful MC and she recommended this site for easy-peasy raw food recipes that taste so delicious her meat-loving husband eats them .

Oh, and when I crave chocolate, I make these paleo choc brownies, they're really easy to make and I've never baked in my life! They don't use sugar but maple syrup! Yum!

I like the MC as for me it's like I'm regaining control of my relationship with food and showing myself i have the willpower to do something if I put my mind to it. I also like how my tongue turns from slimy grey, my nose gets snotty too to a pink tongue and clear sinuses once the toxins have left post Cleanse.

Hope the above helps :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:57 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:41 am 

OMG! Thanks, Angelina, that's another product I will no longer be buying - that and the Madal Bal! Thanks for the info. There's nothing raw vegan about something that can give you cancer!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:21 am 

And thank you both!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:59 am 

Angelina - how much to increase the cals by over how long? (Sure i've seen that somewhere else but can't find)

Day 10 almost done!!!!!!!! woooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo