Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: My 30 Day Cleanse - Feb 2015
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:29 am 

Hello,

I started my 30-day MC on Saturday, Feb 7 and will be my last day will be Sunday, March 8. I have never done the MC before.

Today is day 4. I got really sick on day 1 after my SWF and decided to stop doing it, moving strictly to the tea. I got sicker on day 2- headache, tummy ache, sore throat, sneezing, coughing, sniffling- didn't get out of bed all day. I decided to give myself a break from the tea for the third day. Yesterday (Day 3), I started to get a little better, but I got to stay home from work because of bad weather, thank goodness. Today (Day 4), I am feeling much much better- I can breathe through my nose, my throat isn't super sore, headache is gone. I still am sick-ish, I have sick-voice, a little slower than usual, still the occasional sneeze, throat still a bit sore. Decided to go back to my senna tea.

Being sick was the hardest part. Besides that, I find this really easy. The lemonade is really yummy. I take the cayenne pepper in pill form because I don't like it in the lemonade. I don't get hungry at all. At first I found the maple syrup way too sweet, but now I love it- I guess because it's my body's only food right now and once I taste it, I feel like everything is going to be okay.

I'm so happy I'm getting better, and I hope I don't get sick again. If I don't, I think this thing will be a breeze.

Post subject: Re: My 30 Day Cleanse - Feb 2015
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:58 am 

Hi there

Congrats on starting the cleanse! Those flu-like feelings are just your body detoxing. It's like drinking coffee and then stopping, you will get aches and pains and chills.

I am almost at the end of Day 1 and I am so hungry I can't tell you plus my fingers are super cold whilst I type to you. I'm going to have an early night. Hopefully, my stomach will shrink overnight so I won't feel so hungry tomorrow.

Good luck jumping back on tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:59 am 

Hi LondonGal, I hope you feel better soon. It really stinks to be sick! Hopefully you feel better much more quickly than I did. Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:43 am 

Day 5

I am no longer sick! Yes. This is fantastic.

I keep a box of Smooth Move tea at work and have a box of Yogi Get Regular at home. I definitely think the Yogi tea tastes wayy better- it just tastes deliciously minty and you can't taste the senna at all. I also think it is more effective because my body responds pretty quickly to it. The Smooth Move (chocolate) doesn't taste good at all to me and it the bag has brown powder all over it from the contents seeping through and it gets on my work clothes. Not a big deal, but I think I'm going to get a box of Yogi for work and put the Smooth Move in my boss' tea cabinet. :twisted: Hhaha, just kidding. Or am I?

Yesterday the large limes at the grocery store were 5/$2.00 whereas lemons were 4/$5.00, so I decided to buy a few limes and see how I like them. I read that it is okay to use either lemons or limes, and that some people actually prefer limes. I'm going to try that tomorrow, and hopefully it works because I love saving money.

I'm just so happy I'm not sick anymore. Praise the Lord!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:59 am 

I laughed out loud - literally, when you said about your boss's cabinet! That would be hilarious!!!!!

We don't have Smooth Move here in the UK but Dr Stuart's SlimFast is really good and does not taste of senna. I know we have Yogi tea, so thanks for the tip. I'm going to get some as I haven't done the SWF nor a tea yet. I'm building up to it!!

I had a vegan protein shake for breakfast and another for lunch as I had my weekly work out with my trainer for an hour and I knew I just wouldn't have the energy if I just had the MC but will make 2 litres tonight for tomorrow. Some people can train and do the cleanse. I think I can do so next week but not just one day in.

I like to mix limes and lemons myself. Two limes and two lemons but sometimes I go for more of one over the other. I'm daring like that!

Day 5 is supposed to be the day you turn the corner and some euphoria should start kicking in. With you feeling better it looks like you're going down that route! Well done!!

Have you been hungry at all? A blackbird woke me up singing at 3am this morning and I wasn't sure whether to shout at it or eat it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:53 am 

During my lunch break, I needed some cash to pay the lady who does my eyebrows and Whole Foods was the closest place to get cash. So, naturally, I decided to buy some lemons while I was there.

The grocery stores I usually go to do not have organic lemons, but since Whole Foods does have them and they are only 10 cents more than the regular lemons, I decided to try some out. They were still 98 cents each- who knew lemons could be so expensive!? Anyways, I just got back to work and made some lemonade with the organic lemons. I can't believe it- they produce double the juice as the regular lemons. That means they are actually a much better bargain! Each lemon produces just over 6 tablespoons of juice, meaning I only need 2 organic lemons a day. That's $2 per day in lemons. I needed 4 non-organic lemons per day, and at 4/$5 that means organic to non-organic is $2 versus $5. So over the next 25 days, I would actually save $75 by buying organic lemons from Whole Foods. Sounds so counter-intuitive, but I'm feeling pretty happy I decided to go to a new brow threader who only takes cash today! I wonder what I should buy with the extra cash.... :D

Feeling pleased with myself. Now I just need a long straw so all this citrus won't ruin my teeth.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:25 am 

Yes, do be careful with your tooth enamel. My dentist always knows when I've done a cleanse (which isn't very often). Organic lemons are massive aren't they? And so juicy. Well worth the money. Limes don't produce as much juice as lemons so you'll find you'll need to use more if you decide to do the lime route. I'm preferring lemons this time round.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:05 am 

Larai, the same thing happened to me today!! I had to tell you - I'm aching all over and have a sore throat. I don't think it's so much detoxing but the drink makes me cold, my fingers were cold, I had goosebumps on my skin on Day 1, I went to the gym on Day 2, so really skipped Day 2.

It's Day 3 and i'm sweaty and flu-y. Like you I had to eat something this morning but will be back on it this evening before I go to bed for an early night.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:01 am 

Hope you feel better, LondonGal. I actually haven't eaten anything on my MC- just stopped drinking the senna tea for one day when I was sick.

Today is day 6. Not hungry. Had morning tea and 30 oz lemonade so far, gonna take try to take 30-50 oz more over the next 2 hours. Gotta go to a jazz show tonight with my boyfriend and don't want to fall asleep.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:30 am 

Day 7.

Drinking my morning senna tea. I am feeling a little weak and meek. I think I should drink more lemonade today. It's so hard because I'm just not hungry anymore! I usually drink 60 oz lemonade, but I'm going to go for 100 today to try and get my energy up. I just want to go home and read a book in bed. Or better yet, read a book in a hammock on an island beach with the pattern of the palms dancing on my skin and a glorious sea breeze. 8) Oh yeah. I could keep daydreaming all day. I want to take off this coat and put on the brightest neon swimsuit in existence and lay in shallow warm turquoise waters for about 5 hours straight. Then lay in a hammock and put on some slow honky-tonk indie record.

I never thought I'd be a person working in a tall building in Manhattan wishing I was on an island. Just 6 months ago I was living in sunny SoCal. Life is so fascinating.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:57 am 

but Manhattan IS an island! OK, not a tropical one I agree. Where in South Cal did you live? I have friends in L.A, and the first time I went there (about 7 years ago), I love the weather and homes so much I went around house viewing but am still here in London. Now, Manhattan, I could move to in an instance! I love it there. Have friends there too. It's amazing.

So, you're working in an office whilst cleansing?? That's amazing if so. No wonder you just want to curl up on a sofa You should do that all weekend!

I've had bad cold for the last few days so came off the cleanse. I know the lemon juice's vitamin C would do me the world of good but I needed something hot, and that's working now.

Let me know how you get on by upping the maple in your mixture.

It's amazing that you don't feel hungry!! When did that kick in? How many days did it take to get to that?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:40 am 

Day 8.

I can't believe I've been living on maple syrup for a week now. When I was sick during the first few days of this cleanse, I unfortunately managed to get my boyfriend sick. Today is Valentine's day and I'm taking care of him. We watched a vampire movie and went to the grocery store for cold medicine. Very romantic, yes.

Anyhow, I am hanging in there and resisting all offers and temptations. This week I actually sat at a bar on two different occasions while my bf drank beer and ate chicken wings and fries smothered in all kinds of stuff. I didn't want to eat any of it, but I didn't enjoy being there with a glass of water either. But I take a certain pleasure in having an iron will about things like this. On to the lemonade.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:12 pm 

You hang in there, girl! You can do this!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:00 am 

Day 10.

Still going strong! Weigh in is 133- down 8 pounds from starting weight of 141.

Got the day off for President's Day, which is great because it's ten below zero outside. I would love to do absolutely nothing today, just sleep and watch movies. However, I think I will do some laundry, update my resume, wash my hair, and prepare my tax paperwork. After that I just might start a tv marathon of some sort. :lol:

Yesterday, my boyfriend went out and brought a large cheese pizza home. Did not interest me at all... I don't think I ever want to make my body deal with digesting stuff like that ever again. I am seriously considering going vegan after this cleanse. I have been a vegetarian for 8 years now. But I have always had a hard time staying "regular". I think it may have something to do with processed meat-substitutes and simple carbs giving my body a hard time with digestion. I think I will spend time over the remaining 20 days of this cleanse to read on nutrition and make a plan for post-cleanse. I've been reading about stomach parasites over the past couple of days and it really freaks me out- considering doing some sort of parasite cleanse. I read that papaya seeds are a natural remedy. I need to do more research.

Well, good luck everyone and thanks for the support. I'm almost done with my first 32 ounces of lemonade. One more and I'm good to go. Wishing you all strength and peace during this most special of journeys!

Post subject: Day 11
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:40 am 

Day 11!

I feel invincible today. Nobody can get me off course.

This week, I'm going to really focus on keeping hydrated through the day. It is really easy for me to not drink enough lemonade and water. Dehydration is the worst on this cleanse because it messes everything up- less energy, infrequent BM's, cloudiness. My main problem is that I sip my senna tea for far too long- it will take me from 9:30am till 1pm by the time I'm done sometimes! And then I'll only have 30 oz lemonade finished by the time I leave my office. I need to drink my morning tea faster and get started on my lemonade by 11am. That way, I'll finish my 60 oz of lemonade before I leave the office and all I have to do when I get home is drink another 20 oz of water and my senna tea. Right now it's 1:30 pm and I finished my senna tea, and am just starting to drink my first 30 oz of lemonade. It's an amazing feeling leaving work and knowing I have finished all the lemonade I need for the day- such a relief and frees my mind to deal with other things.

One think I have noticed is I love cooking while on the cleanse! It's very strange- seems like I should hate cooking stuff I can't eat. But for some reason it feels so fulfilling. I get very detailed about beautiful presentation and more complicated recipes. I think the MC is making me super organized and detail-oriented. Well, my bf appreciates it. Haha.

Alright, let's see if how I feel tomorrow after getting proper hydration today. To the finish line!!