[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Starting April 13th - Anyone with me?

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Starting April 13th - Anyone with me?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:44 pm 

OK! It is Day 1 of 'Round 2'! The London Marathon has started and I live in its path, so if they can run all those miles, I can drink the MC - it's no hardship in comparison

Yesterday I had tuna salad and er - half a bottle of red wine - so I didn't 'ease in' but I am ready. I put on 1 lb last week after finishing the MC from the week before earlier than hoped. So, altogether I lost 7 lbs. Last week I did eat want I wanted and drank, so just 1 lb weight gain isn't bad.

I'd like to lose a minimum of 7 lbs this time - ideally 10 lbs.

I've had one glass of the MC then wrestled with the new dishwasher, I got one plumbed in on Friday - or thought I did, the guy didn't connect it to the waste nor is it filling with water. I certainly won't have the strength to pull out the integrated tumble dryer to get to the water inlet pipe for the dishwasher! Oh well, at least I won't have my plates to wash by hand!

Lisa! How are you doing today - it's your 13th day!?!!! How did that happen? How do you feel? What colour is your tongue? Were you still having coffee each morning?

Dreamchasing, you're back on it today?

Reinigen and Soap Junkie - fasting is the key to longevity according to yogis. There must be something in it. I'm up for it after this. You can even just do the MC for one day a week - that's classed as a fast too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:02 am 

Day 1 is over but I have some concerns...I weighed myself prior to starting this second round and had already gained 4lbs which I'm assuming is water weight. When doing the cleanse, is the majority of the weight loss just water, or at some point do you lose fat?

Also, this morning I woke up with a dull pain in the lower right side of my back. Would this be my kidneys and is it a side effect of detoxing? Any insight would be helpful.

London, how did you do on you first day?

Lisa, are you still detoxing? Would love to hear an update :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:02 am 

hi dreamchasing, the first five days or so it is just water. Then, when your breath goes rancid, that's the ketones being used, and a sign that you're using fat. I have a tub of ketone strips which I haven't opened yet which when used, show if you're using fat or not. HelloJoePark, a fellow forum buddy here told me about them on my previous post.

There was a half bottle of wine yesterday, that got drunk at lunchtime. I did start off on the cleanse but lost my motivation. I haven't put any weight on apart from 1 lbs over the entire week of eating normally, it's odd but I'm not complaining. I think the 8 lbs I lost was just water.

The dull pain in your kidneys is not a good sign but I don't understand why you would have it. If I were you, if you are also on Facebook, why not post onto the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet Support Group page and you're bound to get lots of responses about your kidney pain? When I vomited on day 2, 2 weeks ago, I jumped onto the Facebook page for help and I got it instantly. All your posts are private, your friends do not see them just the other members of the closed group. Let me know if you do this, and I'll keep an eye out for your post :) I think that Facebook page is good for quick help and this forum is great for detail and more team spirit, as we can write more. We're more of a close knit group here with I love.

I DO know that in the first three days your old aches and pains come back and you ache all over. I would just drink more water if I were you, it can't help your kidneys, I don't think but help them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:37 am 

Hi Guys,

Soooooo.....I did 13 days....then ate!!!
I decided just like that...I was done. I didn't ease out and ate chicken breast. Really bad stomach ache afterwards so I advise easing out better if you continue for some time.

I stopped weighing myself as I lost absolutely zero for 5 days in the 2nd week. I was getting slimmer, you could see it, but the scales weren't showing it and I was getting demotivated by them. I have been running each night and my legs are looking more toned so could be muscle toning up. I'd rather go on how I look than weigh anyway.

So glad I did as many days as I did. I felt great throughout and and have proved to myself if I put my mind into something I really can achieve it.

I have read on the facebook page that others have also had kidney type pains....I'm sure it's just detoxing but definitely join the facebook group as it's really good to see others updates and how they are coping and doing great.
You do lose water weight to start and you empty your system...both of which you will re gain afterwards. You will lose fat though but need to watch what you eat when you finish as you do will all diets.

I'm planning on clean eating this week until the weekend when I'm doing a mud run....why oh why....should be a laugh though and then it's the big boxing match on the night. Copious amounts of wine will be drunk and then i'll clean eat for another week until my Snowdon climb the following Saturday. I'm hoping to do 2 fast days next week, so will probably do the lemon mix on these days.

I'll be back on this for another 10 days then.
Keep posting guys as I'll be checking in everyday. xx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:37 am 

So who is actually still on the fast?
I have been eating mostly raw fruit and veggies and usually cooked dinners but no processed anything. Gained back a pound. Ate meat maybe twice since I got off the fast.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:40 am 

Hey everyone,

I'm eating normally too! I did start Day 1 of Round 2 on Sunday but there was the half full bottle of wine, so ...

Dreamchasing, like Lisa noticed, they do talk about kidney pain on that Facebook page so it sounds common but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Take an excredin to see if that helps if you can. We haven't heard back from you, so I'm sure I'm speaking for the others here, we want to know how you are feeling now.

Lisa! You are doing swell to do so much outdoor activity in the near future! You've lost the water you were carrying. I agree it's mainly water which is fine by me, as there's no need to carry extra water.

I just can't seem to re-start and a friend reiterated what one of you said about restarting too soon on Saturday when I met her for a coffee, so maybe my body is not wanting me to do it again so soon.

I'm going to keep to my training session this Thursday. It's been a month, I think. My body monitor scales tell me I've lost a kilo of muscle, and I'm going to lean protein it whilst i learn some good vegan recipes (i found a great roasted veg satay and quinoa one on an alkaline diet Facebook page. It was sooo good that even my meat-eating 80-year-old parents love it).

It's a bit emotional, how we all found each other on this forum and we all shared our journeys, or is that the cheeky glass of white wine I've just had? Lets keep updating this thread, even if we're not cleansing. Lisa, I want to hear how the mud run and Snowden climb go, dreamchasing, how are your kidneys, soapjunkie, are you still raw vegging it? Reinegin, I'm going to keep reading your new thread :)

Lots of love

Anita xx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:18 am 

Hey London! I m still eating vegetables, fruits and very little meat. Some almonds beans too. Its very hard to find a diet without meat, since my husband is a meat- aholic! Well that was the good old days, with his cancer we are cutting that down to 2 days a week, and pushing more veggies. We are also going to try raising our own chickens, feed organic grains and vegetables, and hopefully that will help.
Sounds like you are getting back on track with the fast? I don't think I could do it again so soon. I was thinking of fasting tomorrow though and start a new once a week fast day.

LisaM4, sounds like you will need to get busy building muscle before your run!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:27 am 

Lisa, congrats on doing 13 days that's amazing! I'm sorry I haven't been checking in but my back aches scared me enough to get off the cleanse for good.

My main purpose for doing the cleanse was to lose weight, so I've cut back on calories by using myfitnessplan app, started exercising every night, and I hope to reach my goal weight in 8 weeks. Slow and steady just seems like a better option for me at this time. I've really enjoyed this forum and I wish everyone must success with their detox and weight loss goals! :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:30 am 

dreamchasing, I lost 2 stone / 13 kilo between November 2013 and November 2014 with the fitness pal app. it's fantastic. I think I'll go back on it. I have a fitbit arriving soon it's only $60, the one you clip onto you not the wristband, and that can be linked to that app.

I was worried about your kidney pain, so am relieved you're off the cleanse. I still have 30 lemons in my fridge and lots of maple syrup but just do not have the inclination. I went back to the gym today and that felt really good! It had been 3 weeks since the last time.

I'm with you on the fitnesspal app and eating well plan!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:02 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:29 am 

Hi Dreamchasing!

The irony is that I returned to the gym the SAME weight I was when I left the gym to go detoxing as I didn't go detoxing I ate and drank like crazy as I had an anniversary for an excuse. Then I HAD to detox just to get back to where I was before I left! I could feel the back fat wobbling whilst I was on the bike yesterday but at least, like you said, I have started. I'll let you know about the fitbit for sure.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:33 pm 

Hi. I'm Bec from Australia. I started the cleanse on Thursday and today is my 4th day. I came hear to get support to keep it going. I'm doing it for weight loss but also to get my body cleansed before we try to have another baby after having a miscarriage.
The first 2 days I had bad headaches from caffeine withdrawals and thought I wouldt go on. I kept going and on day 4 now. Don't have headaches anymore.
The first 3 nights I did have small baby bowls of celery cucumber and carrot because my husband would make me stop if he knew I wasn't eating and think it's silly. He is back at work now for a week nights so I will only have the lemon drink, water and green tea. Though I'm naughty and still smoking a little.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:46 am 

You're doing great, Newlord, so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. This cleanse will get you back on track. There's nothing wrong with eating a tiny bit of the good stuff that you've been eating, the only thing is that your stomach doesn't hibernate if you have food, so it may be more of a hardship. I still find you lose weight when you eat on it but it's just so much harder.

Let us know how you're getting on.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:36 pm 

Ok. So it is day 7 for me now. I stopped having the little bit of veg at night so it's been 4days of just the master cleanse drink and salt water flush in the morning, I'm only having 750mls of it but also taking a laxative tablet and it really works. Flushes me out really good.

So far I have lost 6.5kg, which is 14lb-5.28oz for those in other countries. I started at 81.5kg and now 75kg.

Tomorrow will have to be my last day though. Mother's Day is on Sunday in Australia. Friday morning my daughters school is putting on a breakfast for mums and on Sunday my My Hubby and kids are taking me out for a special lunch. But then I will start again on Monday. I hope I don't put too much back on. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:34 pm 

That's a staggering amount of weight loss! Well done!

Enjoy Mother's Day in Australia and do let me know how the restart goes.

I've bought a fitbit zip (you clip it on, it's not a wristband - is half the price of a wristband version). I'm also putting my calories into myfitnesspal app (again after a year's break) and have a Tanita body monitor scale. I'm trying those three things before I attempt my second cleanse - though I do have 30 organic lemons in the fridge, so maybe I'll start next week before they go off.

I did put most of the weight I lost back on because I started to drink half a bottle of wine each day and eat bread but I stopped yesterday. I now weigh 10 stone 9 lbs (67kg) after going down to 10 stone 5lbs (65.7kgs) . I was just under 11 stone (69kg) when I started my last cleanse. I would love to be 57kg as I was that weight in my 20's (sigh).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6