[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - To Be a Fat Vegan No More! (Started April 22)

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: To Be a Fat Vegan No More! (Started April 22)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:49 am 

Hello, everyone!

Today I will introduce myself as a fat vegan because this is something about me that I'm ready to give up. I've been vegan for about 6 years now. I eat a little bit of processed foods, but honestly, not much! My husband and I prepare really wholesome and clean foods. Unfortunately, most of my weight is from alcohol! I had a really bad alcohol problem and I don't anymore but the weight has stubbornly stayed on my hips! I don't mean to indicate that I don't overeat, because I know that I do! I overeat on the good stuff! And I love to eat! But I can see and feel how it's changed me for the worst and because of that, I know that I need to change my basic eating patterns!

I've completed one full MC in January and lost a whole pants size. I've maintained that weight loss and in fact tried to cleanse again in March. But my March attempt at the MC was really disappointing! I'm at a weight where I feel like I should be losing a relatively good amount every day from this cleanse and yet last time, after 7 days I hardly lost 3 pounds! I was devastated and quit. Can anyone else relate to that? I frequently find myself starting and stopping cleanses. Hopefully by writing this blog, I will feel accountable for every day!

Today is day 2 for me!! The first few days are usually the hardest. And I'm a student who drives an hour to college, so it was a pretty big deal to get through yesterday and today (which is my Friday, woot woot!). The day before I started this cleanse, I was in a really ungrateful and rude mood! I felt as if my change in mood, spirituality and behavior was all because of how big, gross and bad I felt! Being this big, and having been a healthy, smaller size before, I feel as if my size puts limits on not only my activities but my personality. What I miss the most about being at a healthy weight is that I could take part in every day life without worrying about how my jeans fit on my muffin top or what position my head is in so that I don't have a double chin and have to cover it up with my hair! Those little worries have become my everyday awareness and I simply don't like this fat! I get that we're at an age now where we are encouraging each other with body positivity, but fat is unhealthy and it's debilitating! When I'm not cleansing, I try to comfort myself by thinking, "Hey, at least this fat is from plant ingredients and not animal ingredients!" But if I'm against animal cruelty, I should also be against this animal (points to self) being fat, unhealthy, and abused by myself! If I can go through extreme measures to stand up for other animals, I can at least stay on a cleanse to gift myself a better life, right? Right!

Day 1 went smoothly except for the evening when I had one of the worst headaches I've ever had in my life! I've cleansed plenty of times and have put up with lots of detox symptoms but I was ready to quit because of that headache! I was about to run in the kitchen and grab some food when I thought, "Why I don't I just take an Excedrin instead?" I know that medicine isn't allowed, and certainly not caffeine, but like I said, I was ready to quit! I've never ever cheated on a cleanse before so this was my first official cheat! So, I took a couple of Excedrin and then a warm shower. By no time, my headache had vanished and I felt AMAZING! I was kind of hyper, chipper, and talkative. I had clearly taken one-too-many! But do I feel guilty about it? No way! I'm on the cleanse today! And taking that turned my day around completely! Instead of usually going to bed by 8pm while on day 1 of the cleanse, I stayed up til 11:30 (That is way late for me! On a usual day, I go to bed around 10). I think that I'll stay open minded about taking one again if I'm so uncomfortable that I want to quit.

Day two, and I feel good so far. I almost talked myself into skipping my second class for the day because I felt so fatigued in the class before. But I chugged what I could of my drink and felt better afterwards! Also, going to the bathroom in public places can be a little uncomfortable! "Smooth Move" my butt! More like "Explosive Move!" I don't like getting up in the middle of class to go to the bathroom, but it is necessary and hey, bathrooms have its purpose and I was most certainly utilizing its purpose today!

When I came home, I reluctantly decided to weigh myself. I can get really discouraged by the scale because a lot of times I feel lighter than I really am! I'll find myself thinking, oh, I gotta be like 175lbs or something, that's good! And then I'll weigh myself at 185 and then want to DIE!! So, I weighed myself at 180 today! And I nearly jumped for joy! That's a good starting weight and it's less than I was on day 7 of the MC in March (there must have been something in the air, or something, because I was following it to the T!).

Anyway, I feel really inspired, now that I know that I'm at an acceptable weight for myself. I'd really like to lose another pants size by the end of this! Fingers crossed! I have a few events that are coming up during this cleanse. My husband is playing an outdoor gig on Sunday that I will attend. I'll simply have to come prepared to go to the porta potty! And next Wednesday, I have to give a presentation in front of class, so I'd like to feel more comfortable standing up there speaking!

So, here I am! I'm looking forward to reading about everyone else's journeys and I look forward to making new MC friends!

Happy cleansing!

-R

[/url]

Post subject: Re: To Be a Fat Vegan No More! (Started April 22)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:43 am 

Hey there!

Do you post updates? I'd love to see how your journey is going :)

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:12 am 

Hi, girlblessed!
Yes, I promise updates! Even if they're boring, I guess.

So, today is day 3 and I decided not to weigh myself. I just don't want to obsess about it, you know how it is. I don't have classes today, so I'm just hanging out in bed watching episodes of Judge Judy from my DVR! She's hilarious. "'UM' IS NOT AN ANSWAH!"

Days like these, I find easy to get through the cleanse. It's funny, on days that I'm eating, food is all that I think about. And especially when I'm home alone, I feel like a slave to my endless curiosity about what this or that food tastes like and my eyes are on the clock, just waiting for another excuse to eat (and it's moments like those that incite me to believe that something's a bit wrong with my relationship to food and that a cleanse would be good for me!)! And when I fast, it's no problem! I don't think about food. It's smooth sailing. My body knows what it's doing and it's grateful for the break of having to constantly digest food and feel full all of the time! And as much as I love eating when I eat, I don't like being full. The problem is, I don't know how to eat until I'm stuffed! It's a weird thing that I need to figure out. I'm patient with myself. We all should be. It's not like eating consciously was something that I was taught. Correcting my relationship with food will be a life long process and commitment. I'm grateful that I have the "vegan" part down. The MC was a means of introducing that lifestyle to me. Veganism is conscious, healthy, and most of all, kind. Now I just want my body to represent those nice things about veganism, too! I'm really committed to this lifestyle and the MC is just a part of the process, in my eyes!

So, today should be super simple! I'm just gonna hang out, do homework, and glide through the day!

Happy cleansing!

-R

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:45 am 

Ugh, so I broke my fast yesterday with a samosa and some fresh tomatoes! I don't know what came over me! It must have been a self-sabatogue thing. I couldn't believe myself! I talked myself into it! And then while I was eating, I didn't want to eat anymore! It was so upsetting. I became SUPER depressed. Why would I do that?!

Ugh! Whatever the reason, I'm back on it and today is my repeat of day 1. After I broke the fast and decided that I wanted to continue, I just got right back on. I'm glad that I did, because I weighed myself and saw that I lost two more pounds! So, hey, it's obviously working, and I just need to stick to it!

I admit that sometimes I feel like stopping because I can't focus on my homework that well! I'm nearing my final exams and this is noticeably affecting my studying habits! I don't want that to cause me to stop, though! More than anything do I want to see and taste the results of this cleanse! Food will taste different when I'm thinner, won't it? There's so much shame in eating as a fat person. It's like you don't deserve it. :-(

I'm committing to finishing the day strong!

-R

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:18 am 

Hey...don't be so hard on yourself. I ate the other day and yea it wasn't what I wanted to do but life happens *shrugs* good for you for getting back on it!!

Just keep trucking ahead and keep updating your feelings here. It makes a big difference I promise! :mrgreen:

Let's keep going!

(Btw, lol at the Judge Judy reference...sometimes she cracks me up lol)

[/url]