[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Starting tomorrow - May 18th - Whos with me?!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Starting tomorrow - May 18th - Whos with me?!
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:00 am 

DAY SIX!! WOOP WOOP!
Every day I feel happier that I've made it to another day!

I just chugged the disgusting laxative tea. Like I said before, I let it steep for over an hour so that it's lukewarm and I can chug it quicker! It's so gross! That's gotta be one of my only complaints about this cleanse. But honestly, it just feels like I'm taking medicine twice a day. You know how cough syrup can taste kind of bad? I try to see it that way.

This morning I felt really faint and dizzy. I had to hold myself up on the kitchen counter earlier just to wait for it to pass. I notice how difficult it is for me to walk around and do things, sometimes. It's almost like I'm bed ridden! I don't mind it so much because I know what's happening to my body and that it needs rest. But I'd like to go out today with my friend and I don't want to have to leave early. I guess I'll just have to go with it. She'll understand. She's been my friend through every cleanse.

When I look in the mirror, I feel like I'm finally looking at myself again! I see it in my face! I see it everywhere, in fact, but my face is almost what matters most. I want to be able to represent myself again; to wear my body proudly. And I'm finally seeing a face that I recognize! I'm just so high on life right now. The visual results are so inspiring!

So, I asked my husband about what he'd think about me cleansing for 3 or 4 weeks and he said that it raises a bit of concern. He's open to hearing all about what I've read and learned from professionals in that it's a good thing to cleanse for a long time like that. But he's worried that for an extended period, it might be too much for me. I think that I'll be able to persuade him. But honestly, if he sees something in me that's happening that I don't (he gave an example that over an extended period, I'd maybe become too "vacant" from the cleanse), then I'll definitely take his worries into account. But all of this is just to say that I feel very hopeful about the future of this cleanse. I expect such great results!

And you, missy, are losing so much weight!! The results that you've been sharing are fantastic! Please continue! How are you feeling? Are you feeling more confident in your skin? I can tell that I'm happier and more comfortable. I went to go buy lemons yesterday and I just put on a T-shirt and comfy pants and I felt so beautiful for some reason. If I had worn those same clothes on the body that I had BEFORE the cleanse, I would NOT have felt beautiful! On the contrary, when I wore those clothes I always felt frumpy! But this time I was like, hey, I'm just a cute girl hanging out in a t-shirt!

I don't know how often I'll be able to update this weekend, but please be sure that I'm gonna stay on this thing and I'll be back to report on how I'm doing when I can!

-R

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:10 am 

Ahhh!!! It's still day 6 but I just have to share!

It took all the energy in the world to do it but I went to my garage and retrieved the boxes of old clothing that I put up over a year ago when I was a size 18. Before the cleanse, I was a size 15. Now, I can fit into my size 12 jeans! I'm so stoked! Hopefully, it won't be long until I'll be able to fit into my size 10's!

This feels amazing! And it's only day 6!

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:37 pm 

Yay on the jeans!! Thats so awesome!! I was thinking about my pants the other day and how all of them have become quite tight and uncomfortable on me.. I wear mostly yoga pants to clean houses since I can move so much better in them, and then of course when I get home its into another pair of yoga pants for comfort again! I wear jeans when I go out with friends or really anywhere, totally a jeans person.

I honestly don't mind the laxative tea much, I think cough syrup is way way worse, yuck! >:O
I didn't take any last night though.. I haven't been "going" anyways, and its been waking me up at 5am with super bad cramps every day that just turn out to be gas. Really sucky! I think part of it is that I have an extremely light bladder and pee all day as is and like 5 times just before bed time, that I don't have any liquid even in me to "poop" out. I am going to do the SWF this weekend though since there will be no one home except for me and my sweetie. This way I can get that flushing going on and even see if there is anything up there! So excited to have the weekend to just relax minus some house chores I hope to get done.

Day 5: My weight actually went up .8 of a lb this morning, so I didn't come on to write about it lol.. I usually tend to not record the ups, but only the downs. We'll see how it goes tomorrow, but I think my body might now be in fat losing mode instead of water losing mode, so it will slow down a bit.

I feel as if I can see it in my face a bit, but still no "wow" factor yet! I am so so SO happy that you are though!! I know exactly the feeling of feeling sexy even in lose clothes! I felt better today physically than I have all week, more energy and better moods. Still got that belly when I sit though that I would like to see shrink up drastically!

I think its a great idea to have your husband communicate with you if he is noticing any changes for the worse, I am doing the same thing with mine. I told him to let me know if anything seemed majorly off, to certainly let me know about it. I am just trying to focus on taking it day by day, and of course getting excited the more days that go by!

I'll likely still come on and post all weekend, so you'll have some reading to catch up on :) Have a great weekend and stay strong!! Excited for week 2 to start!!

~April

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:18 pm 

Day 6:

Weight went back down again, but not any lower. Feeling super good today, and its really nice to be able to relax at home for a change! My sweetie left for the evening to hang out with some friends, so I have the whole house to myself! Little projects here and there, but mostly just relaxing and enjoying myself :)

Hunger is very minimal today. I am still surprised that I have had no headaches what-so-ever on this cleanse yet! Considering I am very addicted to drinking a cup of tea or coffee every morning and usually some kind of caffeinated tea in the afternoons as well.

I did the SWF for the first time this morning. It was way worse than I had remembered from previously cleanses.. I had to be careful not to gag so I wouldn't throw up, and it made me super nauseous for about a 1/2 hour. Maybe reading everyones else's posts about how bad it is got to my head somehow.. Finally after an hour and about 10 runs to the bathroom, everything came out. Little solids at first and then just straight liquid. I can honestly say that it did feel really good to do it after it was over and I was glad that I did. I feel flushed through now! Not sure if I am going to do it again tomorrow morning like I had planned.. we'll see!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:22 am 

Day 7:

Whoop whoop! One week after today!! No weight loss again today.. I started to get a little worried and sat down and thought about exactly what I was doing and how I could be off a bit.. I realized that I was drinking other herbal teas besides peppermint and read about how sometimes other herbs can interfere with your cleansing process! So no more camomile, nettle, lavender.. And so on, other teas for me! I found some peppermint tea and will stick to that if I need any. Also, I thought I was supposed to drink 8oz glasses, but it's 10! So I will be making sure that I drink enough from now on.

I did catch a glimpse of myself from the side in a mirror today and I looked good!! Not naked haha, but just in some yoga pants and a T shirt. Sexy here we come!!!

Still motivated however despite the weight loss and will continue to adjust things as needed. No SWF this morning, but I am trying the lax tea to see how that will work with my body on a normal day. Since I clean houses, I realize that I would have to "poop" in someone else's eyes house!! Good thing I clean toilets lol.. But still awkward if it is someone that is home.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:05 pm 

Day 8!

Congratulations to us for getting through a week! *high five!*
Yeah, that SWF is gross. I've thrown it up every time that I've tried drinking it. Well, several years ago I managed to get it to work but honestly, I'm fine with just using the teas twice a day. As gross as it is. And personally, I'll drink it at 7 or so in the morning and it starts working some time in the afternoon. It kinda just sneaks up on ya, but I am still able to hold it if I need to. I just take my time in passing, and stand up from the toilet and walk in place and try again. Because I'm usually not done. Anyway!

Day 7 was really easy, considering how much activity I had. I went to Ulta with my girlfriend and she noticed the change in me immediately! She squealed out loud and said that my skin looked clearer, my eyes looked brighter, and that she could clearly see that I lost weight. I was just so stoked at her reaction. And I pulled out this super cute blouse that I haven't been able to fit into for years. I felt a surge of confidence run through me.

See, I feel like whatever my weight is now, is healthy. If I had to stop the cleanse for some reason (which is SO not happening, but whatever), I'd be happy with where I'm at now. I feel pretty. But hopefully in a week's time I'll feel beautiful, and the week after that, gorgeous!

Great tip regarding the tea. I didn't think that the others would interfere. The book that I have on the cleanse allows it. But it would indeed be best to err on the side of caution! I'll only drink peppermint teas from here on out.

And your experience is a perfect indication of why I'm avoiding the scales! I just couldn't bare gaining weight or not losing! I'm sure that it's happening, but I'd like to stick with the mentality that I should just keep going no matter what and let the scales go wherever they go. Because if I last 21 days, I'm certain that I'll be happy with where I'll be on that 22nd day! Results are just inevitable! And especially for an extended period of time.

Also, I need to report that I've been feeling so, so faint and light headed! I think that I need to up the syrup intake a bit for the days in which I need to run errands and such. Yesterday, I had the perfect amount of energy for a day out with my girlfriend, and a date at the Symphony! I even managed to stay up until 11:30! That's super late for my cleansing days!

My gaze is still ahead, ahead ahead! We have many more days to conquer.
Peace!
-R

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:09 pm 

Day 8 -

Made it through a week! So proud of myself! Weight went back down again today lol, but not below my lowest. Feeling so great today, not been tired at all so far through my first and second house. Was trying to compare the way I felt today to the way I felt last Monday during my first day, and my energy for one is incredibly higher.

Minimal hunger again today. Not sure I have gone a complete day without feeling hungry, but not to the extent that it bothers me at all. I know I need to up my water intake, so starting today I am going to make sure I commit to that.

It's sunny and beautiful today and I really wanted to sit out on my back deck with a cold hard Apple cider after work! I think a huge help with continuing the cleanse and not giving into weaknesses, is knowing that even if you were to stop cleansing at that moment, most things that I crave I would need to wait 3 days more to even eat them!!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:03 pm 

Hi, ladies. May I join you?

Today is my Day One. I had a few temptations, but I survived. I look forward to weighing myself tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:24 am 

Hi Rainlady ~

We'd love to have you! More the merrier :) Is this your first cleanse?

Day 9: Weight Finally dropped! 176.4 (down .8 lb from last). I went for a two mile walk with my sweetie last night, also had a tablespoon of syrup before I left to boost my calories for the day. This morning I also included one extra tablespoon into my 32oz bottle for the morning. No tea last night.. bad! I'm thinking of actually taking it more like around 4pm in the day so I can actually "go" before bed time. Usually it hits me around the 4 or 5 hour mark and I am sick of not getting a full nights sleep!

Off to work.. Have a great day ladies!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:49 am 

Hello, Rainlady! We'd love to have you. How's it going today?

Congrats on dropping the weight, April! And you definitely mustn't skip the tea! The laxatives ensure detoxification through elimination. I know it sucks!

I'm on DAY TEN! I feel so great. And to be honest, day 9 was probably my worst day so far. I felt kinda gloomy and discouraged about everything. I also looked at many recipes online and just totally tortured myself by doing that! But alas, I repent of my ways. I know that I MUST stay away from recipes! I think that I can handle it but I can't! I can't!

And my husband told me that he misses eating with me and being able to eat snacks in bed in front of Netflix! lol! I just melted and said, you can't say those things to me! It broke my heart enough to want to eat something. But no, I talked to him about it and said that whatever I don't complete now, I'd have to complete later and that this is especially the best time for me to cleanse for a long period of time. He understands and he's a good boy! ;-)

So, today, even though I'm not going anywhere, I jumped into my size 12 jeans which were fitting just right and snugly on me on Saturday and now it's loose! I can't believe it! I can actually pull the pants a good inch or two away from my stomach. So, I tried on my size 10 jeans and first of all, I can't believe that I was actually able to step through the pant legs! Out of curiosity about a year ago, when I packed up all of my "skinny clothes," I remember being amazed at how thin the size 10 jeans were as I held them up to my large body. And I even put my legs in the jeans and couldn't pull it up past my calves! But today, I was able to pull it up my body and onto my waist! Granted, it's a little tight! But in a couple of days I should be able to have been able to have gone down ANOTHER pants size! This is just incredible.

I'm definitely staying on this cleanse! It is worth my time and effort. I'm gonna aim high and hope to fit into a size 8 jeans by the time I'm done with this! Still no scale. I'm not gonna trip.

Happy cleansing!
-R

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:44 pm 

mmmm Smooth Move.. Just got done with my evening glass and we'll see how this goes!

Not feeling as hot today. Just started my period about an hour ago. Yay.. not. Have you gone through a cleanse on your period before? I'm wondering how this will be. I just got done reading some not so good info about it. That it can be rough on you because your body requires iron during that time of the month. My back is aching a bit and i've had a very minor dull headache pretty much all day.

So exciting about your jeans!! I wear about the same size, 12, and have even bought a couple 14s i think. I have a really hard time buying jeans because I got it going on in the behind area and legs, but my waist is slimmer. Wearing a smaller size would be so helpful to me!!

I'm feeling a bit discouraged today.. I think in part due to my period, and I also just found out its my dads birthday this weekend and the entire family is getting together for a huge potluck BBQ. I haven't seen him in a couple months and wouldn't miss his birthday for the world. They also really like their casual drinking.. and its really hard to explain to that side of my family about cleansing. Not that they are unsupportive, they're just like "why are you doing that?, You don't need that" I'll be honest, I have been pondering over the idea of stopping the cleanse after tomorrow (10 days) and starting it again next Monday for another round. I don't think I would eat unhealthy or anything, just thinking it might make my cycle easier on me and my family get together more fun and less awkward. Otherwise I might just leave after an hour, which is doable, but would make my dad feel bad (we're really close and i'm his only girl). I also feel incredibly guilty for even thinking that.. like I need to be strong and just continue on with what I said I was going to do regardless of what is happening. But I'll feel guilty for not staying at my dads either… Ahhhhhh! Stressing me to have to make a choice! Was so motivated after reading about your pants lol..

Whats a girl to do? Hoping that I feel better tomorrow and can make a good decision then.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:22 pm 

R, your husband is very understanding indeed. Your size-loss is very motivating. How many days are you going to do this?

April, I would think it won’t hurt to pause for a day for light eating (such as juicy fruit) with your Dad. It would make him so happy and he deserves it. You have done plenty of days already. Your body might even appreciate a higher calorie day. Just don’t overeat and hurt your body.

Today is my Day 2 and an easy day. I have good energy too. My bath scale is mal-functioning. So I don’t know about weight loss. I attempted Master Cleanse before but did not succeed. I surely hope this one will be successful. But I intend to do it only for 8 days because a trip is coming. Also I am not doing laxative tea and I am not doing salt water. Just lemonade.

If you ladies did master cleanse before, did the weight loss stay after resumption of normal eating?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:52 am 

I'm on day 11!

April, I started my period on day 4 or 5 and stopped around day 9. It was light and easy and I had no problems at all. I think it was easier going than normal, anyway. I didn't write about it only because I didn't think to. But of course I see now that it's important for women to know what's it like. Our menstrual cycles are detoxifying in themselves, so I thought that cleansing while on my period would do my body good.
I wish you'd stay on the cleanse with me! It's normal to have days when we feel like quitting and we miss eating. I miss it too but I keep looking at my body and thinking, I'm not done yet! But it's your decision and if you quit, please come back soon!

Rainlady, my most recently completed cleanse was in January. I lost about 10 or 15 pounds and even lost weight after resuming eating. I tried to eat a low fat vegan diet after my cleanse in January and that helped maintain and increase my loss. But I've had partial cleanses where I only get through 3 or 4 days, lose about 7 pounds and then gain it back. And I have a plan to keep my body on track after this cleanse. I've been reading more vegan literature, such as "Skinny Bitch" and also a book called "Savor", which talks about how to appreciate food and to not overdo it.

So, I've read in "The Complete Master Cleanse" that it can take the body about 30-50 days of cleansing to get to where it needs to be, but sometimes more, depending on where your body is. I also read that it is recommended to do maybe 10 days of cleansing a month or all at once for many days like 30-50 to cleanse your body back into a healthy shape. So, that's kind of the approach that I'm taking right now. My goal is 21-30 days of cleansing. And then hopefully I'll have the courage to cleanse for only 10 days in July while I'm in summer school. I think that if I do these things, I will take a cleansing break until the Christmas break! I gotta work hard now in order for it to pay off later!

Happy cleansing! I'll check back in later today or tomorrow.

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:36 am 

Day 10:

Feeling much much much better today.. except for these cramps that I can't take any meds for. Not fun while working! I have a nice rice filled fabric thingy I heat up for a couple minutes in the microwave and can set on my stomach this evening to help alleviate the cramps.

Weighed in today at 176.0, so made me feel good to see that going downward again and maybe my body is getting back on the right track. I'm not thinking so much about quitting anymore! The weather got really nice here yesterday and I think that was contributing also to my wanting to take a break. I know i'll have my moments and I just need to be strong through them.

Rainlady ~ I too have been on short cleanses and then went back to eating unhealthy and gained the 10-12lbs right back, but I have also done successful cleanses where I changed my eating habits to mostly whole foods diets and kept the weight off until my eating habits turned bad again. I truly and honestly think that the master cleanse does amazing things for your body if you do them long enough and commit yourself to a healthy diet afterwards.

R - Thanks for sharing your menstrual experience with me. It baffled me to think that I hadn't done a previous cleanse through my period, but I guess not! I did read some positive things too about having it during a cleanse and come to think of it, you can find negative and positive things about almost everything on the internet. I want you to know that I am really grateful having you here with me through this, you've been supportive, inspiring, positive, and even make me laugh! I don't have anyone near me or even know anyone who would do a cleanse like this with me, and its nice to be able to have someone to go through this with. Luckily my good friends here where I live and my family already eat pretty darn healthy, so I know I'll have the support afterwards, just not during so much.

I also might make try to make it a serious habit to do shorter cleanses more regularly. Or even replace a meal with the lemonade mixture every once in awhile when I feel like I overdid it. (night out, birthday party, etc.)

Busy day today for me, but I'll be back around late this evening.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:14 am 

Thanks for sharing, ladies.

My Day 3 is fine so far. Interesting that I have had keto breath since Day 1. I thought this is a carb diet and I would not have keto breath like in a very low carb diet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next