[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Starting tomorrow - May 18th - Whos with me?!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Starting tomorrow - May 18th - Whos with me?!
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:02 pm 

Starting my 4th MC tomorrow. It's been about 5 years since my last one. Planning on going for a longer one this time, maybe 30 days even? My weight has crept up to my highest ever and I have felt so sluggish and uncomfortable the last year. I know that doing this cleanse makes me feel absolutely amazing both physically and mentally and I am SO ready for this!!

I am 32, 5'4", and weigh somewhere around 185 maybe??? I haven't weighed myself in awhile and have been in denial about getting heavier and ignoring my bodies pleas for help.

I would love any support buddies and plan to post daily.

April

Post subject: Re: Starting tomorrow - May 18th - Whos with me?!
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:39 am 

Yay!

Hey, April! I'm on day two and I'd love to be your support buddy! I have a secret goal of going 21 days this time. I've never gone that long but I feel like it would be the best gift that I can give myself! Heck, maybe if you're still going, you'll inspire me to go longer? Eyes on the prize!

Since I have no real obligations this month, I'm hoping to honestly just lie around and cleanse. Day one wasn't so hard. I've had enough day one's to know what to expect-ha! And here on day two, I feel okay. I've had about two servings of lemonade today so far. I make one- 32oz jug of lemonade, twice a day. I include 6tbs of lemon juice and 4tbs of maple syrup to cut calories just a tad but still have enough sweetness (3tbs only is too tart for me), and Cayenne pepper to taste, of course. I'm also trying to drink plenty of water in between "meals" because it helps fill me up and hydrate me. If I don't drink enough water on the cleanse, I get a ton of charley horses on calves at night!

I am counting on this week to go by quickly. I want to busy myself with just trying to make the day pass without thinking about food! Sometimes the goal is more important than what I'm going through to get to the goal, you know? Even though I sometimes feel MISERABLE on the cleanse, like the most lousy-feeling human being on the planet, I know that it will pass. The cleanse brings highs and lows and I've got to learn to embrace them all so that I can accomplish my dreams and goals. You don't master cleanse thinking that everything will all be biscuits and gravy. No, you come into the master cleanse and you feel like crapola for a while so that when you're done cleansing, you'll feel like biscuits and gravy! The reward comes after the cleanse is completed. And I think that realization is the hardest to come to terms with. The MC requires patience and discipline and I'm just gonna have to give in to it and submit to it.

So how's your first day doing?

Cheers to embracing the highs and lows of the MC,
-R

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:10 am 

Hi R!!

So happy to see your post this morning!! Was hoping I could find someone to connect to and post with on this adventure! I am going on a trip the second weekend of July, so I figure I could totally do 30 days if I wanted.. I certainly know it would do me well and I would come out feeling like a million bucks! It sounds like you are an experienced cleanser as well, how many times have you cleansed?

Having my first drink now, 24oz, 6Tbs of lemon and 3Tbsp on syrup. Also trying to keep the sweetness down for a bigger loss and also since I don't really like overly sweet things in the first place (my downfalls are usually cheese, bread, noodles, more cheese..) You are super lucky to have the whole month off! This will be super challenging for me this round since I am working a more physical job than usual, cleaning houses. Knowing that I just need to get through these first 3 or 4 days for my appetite to suppress is really helpful!

Day 1: Weighed in at 186.4 today, HUGE relief.. Was secretly scared that my weight may have crept up to the 190s on me!! Never been into my 190s and hoping I won't be going any further in that direction! My drink tastes fabulous and is going down easy. Not sure on my plans with the SWF.. I did it religiously my first cleanse and then sporatically on my others. Sometimes just finding enough time in the mornings can be my challenge. I do plan on taking a lax tea this evening however, but these are still tough for me (we have one bathroom!!) Thankfully, its just me and my fiancé in the house for the next couple weeks, and he understands what this cleanse means to me.

Yay! :) So so excited! I feel great now just thinking about how great I will feel in the future! Talk soon!

~April

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:52 am 

Awesome! I'm glad that you're so motivated to succeed. So am I! My husband is super supportive, too. He's seen me try, try, and try again on the cleanse. I've completed about 5 successful master cleanses in the last 7 years, up to 10 days. And I've started and failed many more times, too. I'm always running to the master cleanse for weight loss that I can count on. Gaining weight sucks and I don't want to do it ever again! I'm really counting on what this cleanse can do for me if I stick with it long enough. I keep imagining myself trying on old clothing and finally having more of a selection to choose from in my closet. Also, I look forward to going back to school in the fall and hearing compliments! Fingers crossed that someone will actually notice!

Today was okay. I feel…blah. I wasn't really inspired to read or do anything mentally stimulating, so I took a long nap. I'm working on my second batch of lemonade and plan to be finished drinking by 6 o'clock. I usually drink the smooth move tea around 8 or 9 or so and then drink hot herbal tea later on if I feel like it but usually I'm in bed super early during the first few days of my cleanse! I also can't STAND the taste of the smooth move tea and usually wait until it's lukewarm before I chug it as fast as I can! That's usually my little trick!

What I appreciate the most about this cleanse is that I feel so released from the bondage of food! When I'm not cleansing, I'm always hungry and I'm always thinking about food and what will be my next meal, and so forth. At least I don't feel hunger when I'm drinking this lemonade.

Have you cleansed while working this kind of job before? It's so hard for me to be physical on the cleanse. I get so dizzy and woozy. Be sure to make plenty of lemonade just in case you need more for energy purposes!

-R

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:11 pm 

Hi R ~

You so seem on the same page as me! My fiancé is also very supportive, although he tried the cleanse with me once and didn't make it through the first day. He is however on his own health kick right now and has been cooking all his own very healthy food. The only downfall is that I am unsure of whether to go to the gym with him or not. I keep reading about how its not a good idea to exercise when your body doesn't have a good intake of protein because your muscles are unable to rebuild themselves. I figure if I just went and walked on the treadmill then it would only assist my body with weight loss..? Thoughts?

I personally have always been a closet binge eater and tend to overeat whenever possible, or eat while i'm cooking and then again when done. Constant snacker. I can totally relate to the attachment to food and everything to do with it! I also have a closet full of skinny clothes.. haha.. can't seem to get rid of any of them because I know I will get there eventually, and they are so cute damnit!

Today I was super hungry pretty much all day, except for this last couple hours actually. My energy was totally lost around 6:30 this evening. No coffee or tea *cry*. I forgot to go to the store on my way home and buy some smooth move tea today and I felt so depleted I didn't get up to go get any. I had some peppermint/nettle tea instead. I'll have to pick some up tomorrow. I think it tastes like black licorice a little.. but I agree, I don't really like it either, but its ok.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:31 am 

Day 2!:

Weighed in at 182.2 today. Loss of 4.2 lbs. No BM today, but had no tea last night and no time for SWF this morning. Ended up not being hungry at all in the last few hours of the evening last night, but was hungry very soon after waking. First lemon drink took care of the hunger quickly. Also had a lot more energy last night than yesterday afternoon. Slept not great, but good, and felt like I could have stayed in bed a couple more hours if it wasn't for work.

Feeling really good about today. Will go get my smooth move tea after work and have some this evening.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:05 am 

Hey, hey!

It's day 3 for me and I feel pretty good. I feel lighter and thinner every day. I haven't touched the scales yet. It's nice to be relieved of the burden of eating. Time passes in a different way. The days feel longer without food. My goal of 21 days feels really far away from me right now. But I must remind myself to be more in the present. Day three, day schmree! I mustn't dramatize this experience to myself and I mustn't worry about what the outcome will be at the end of this journey. I'm the one who made myself fat and I'm the one who's gotta get herself out of it. Yarg!

As far as exercise goes, you're more than welcome to! In the book, "The Complete Master Cleanse" by Tom Woloshyn, he tells of an individual who did the cleanse, exercised, and gained muscle during the cleanse. It was by an athlete who cleansed specifically to gain muscle. Cool, huh? So, it can be done. But personally, I won't do anything strenuous. I have a treadmill at home, too, and I might hop on it, today. It depends on how I feel. I didn't walk yesterday because our A/C was out. But today, it's back on, so what's my excuse? I think you're right in that it can assist in weight loss. Maybe hop in the sauna if your gym has one! Sweat =Detox! But be careful not to go too hard on yourself. I honestly wouldn't push it. Bring lemonade with you at the gym just in case you need a boost of energy from your drink. I feel woozy just walking around the house!

That's great that you've had a 4 pour weight loss so far! Way to go! The tea will definitely assist with that even more. I had "to go" several times this morning because of the tea and wow! It's just lemonade coming straight through you. There's a neon yellow color to it from the lemon juice! I don't find it gross since it's not actual stool. I think it's interesting. So when I'm using the bathroom, I'm going, wow, what an interesting experience this is! LOL!

I don't know about you, but every master cleanse experience I've had, it's been very memorable. It's memorable because living your life on the cleanse is so different than without it. My head feels more spacey but I also feel more spiritual and connected to everything. I slow down. I had to run an errand today and I was as calm as a cucumber! There's just a kind of peace that happens. And connect that with losing weight, and all of a sudden the Master Cleanse becomes the time of my life! It's true. Even though I kind of "suffer through it," I end up coming out of the cleanse feeling like a million bucks and ultimately remember the Master Cleanse fondly. This is what I need to remember on a day to day basis, when the symptoms become emotionally overwhelming. Hang in there! It's worth it!

So, since it's going to take so long to finish this stinkin' cleanse, I think that it might help to set up some "rewards" or "things to do" along the way. Here's what I've got brewing in my head so far. My reward will be on Fridays and Saturdays with something to do. On the weekdays, I must feel like I'm making use of my time. My activities will include:
*Reading a novel (finally I have time for some pleasure reading!)
*walking on the treadmill at a moderate pace for 30-45 minutes a day
*spending at least an hour, preferably two on Memrise.com practicing vocabulary (I'm a language student)
*completing chores as I have the energy to do them
I'll probably come up with a few more things as they happen, but those are the most important things that I'd like to do every week day during this cleanse.

My weekend reward on Friday and Saturday will look sort of like this.
Day 6: Hang out with friend Sarah
Day 7: Go on date with husband (the symphony!)
Day 13: Pedicure with Sarah
Day 14: I dunno, another date, perhaps? The movies? Could I handle it?
Day 20: No idea what I'll do, but I'll think about it!
Day 21: Not a clue what I'll do, so I'll think about this one, too!

Anyway. If I busy myself with things to do and if I envision myself completing these tasks while on the cleanse, then I hope to find success!

Peace!
-R

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:46 am 

I almost didn't step on the scale this morning either! I do know however that seeing my weight go down each day is a huge motivator for me. When do you plan on weighing yourself? Or wait until the end?

To answer the earlier question about work.. I did have a previous job working in an inventory dept while cleansing that was semi strenuous, but probably not as much as my current job.

I'm much less hungry today. It has bothered me a couple times watching and smelling my sweetie cooking and eating.. Fish on salad last night, eggs this morning, and a cliff bar for a snack. All looked so good. I remember a previous cleanse where I actually took a drink of something he was having like my third day in just completely forgetting I was cleansing lol.

I did read something about how taking a sauna is not recommended on the cleanse because it is also a detox thing, and doing the cleanse should be enough on your body. It does sound good to me though. I think I will take a hot salt bath tonight. Supposed to help with cellulite reduction. I surely will be at least going on walks whether it be outside my home, or at the gym. Yoga too! I'll consider light weight lifting maybe after I cleanse for a week or so. Lucky!! It must be warm where you are at :) In the 50s here, not cold, but not warm!

My cleanses have been very memorable as well. I don't plan on really ever stopping them since I think they have been so great. I love the incredible sense of smell especially, and all the senses. Except when I walked by a show store in the mall once.. rubber was so bad! eh!

I think rewards and things to do is a great idea!! I'll have to think awhile on the rewards.. like I have never had a pedicure or manicure EVER before. I have been reading a lot more (a book on eating and living like the worlds healthiest people) and plan to take the baths as well as do cleaning projects around the house. Tackle those cupboards finally! I started on a Monday because I knew that my weekends would be the toughest part, so I think your right on having your rewards be then. My friends love to surround events with dinner and commonly drinks also, so I'll have to brainstorm other things.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:43 pm 

Evening of day 3.

Well, I didn't exercise today. I became super tired around 2 or so and slept for several hours! Boy, was I tired! I had to force myself awake just to make sure that I made my second batch of the lemonade. I could have easily slept the whole day and evening away. And even though my body is clearly exhausted, my mind still feels alert and quick. I usually feel really slow and dumb on these days but I'm working on my vocabulary learning and I'm retaining quite a bit more than I expected I would while on the cleanse. Cool.

You hang around your fiancé while he cooks and eats? That's so difficult for me! My husband is so nice to me on the cleanse. He eats his dinner after I go to bed so that I don't have to smell it (plus, I go to bed super early while cleansing!). I've had to request that he doesn't eat any Amy's Soups because they are super garlicy and stay on his breath all day! We're both vegans and eat really good whole foods, so I'm pleased at the lifestyle that I will return to after I complete this thing.

Wee!

-R

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:48 pm 

I used to cook for him on my previous cleanses!! For some reason it made me feel good to be around and smell the food i guess, even though I knew I couldn't have any. He's trying this time to really get into shape though and taking things into his owns hands thankfully!!

Thats awesome that you already have a good healthy eating regime to go back to! I eat everything.. fortunately I don't really like a lot of meat anyways, and I very very rarely get a sweet tooth for anything. My friends think i'm crazy when I tell them that I don't really like ice cream. I think its probably the bread, cream in my tea, and cheese that I like so much that accounts for my curves. I likely wouldn't be able to go vegan after, but maybe pesco-vegetarian i'm thinking? We eat mostly all organic now and our meals are primarily whole foods. I'm looking forward to teaching myself how to make homemade corn tortillas after this.

Certainly not as hungry today, I did pick up my smooth move, just need to decide what time to drink it!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:55 am 

Day 3:

Weighed in at 180.2 this morning. Down 2 lbs from yesterday morning.

Finally took my smooth move late in the evening (about 10:30) and it woke me up around 6 in the morning with stomach cramps. Sadly it was just gas and I had to run to the bathroom 4 times before I actually had to go. It was such a small amount that I had to go, but it made me feel better and able to go back to sleep.

Had the scariest experience EVER on the master cleanse last night.. Decided to take a hot bath while I was drinking my cooled down tea. The water was super hot, but my tub is located out on my back deck, so I always like it super hot since it cools down quickly with the outdoor air. My heart started pounding in my chest after about 10 minutes and I decided to get out. When I did, I got super dizzy and light headed, soon my vision started to go black and I knew I was going to faint if I didn't lie down right away. It took about 15 minutes for my heart to calm down, in which time I tried to get up to splash cold water on my face, and almost fainted again.

I've never taken a bath during the cleanse that I remember, but apparently its not a good idea! Thinking this could be why people say no saunas too?

Feel super great this morning. Hunger minimal. Surprisingly I have not had any headaches yet on this cleanse, but I think its due to cutting back on the amount of caffeine in the previous months. More tea instead of more coffee. Lemon mixture still tastes fabulous to me.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:43 am 

Wow, I'm so proud of you for staying with it even through something so uncomfortable as that. Yeah, I guess that we just can't put our bodies through the same things as when we're off of the cleanse. I know that personally, I feel so woozy all day and I need very limited activity. I've gotten really faint in the shower before. So right before I shower, I either drink a whole bunch of water or a serving of the lemonade, depending on how depleted I feel.

I don't see myself ever getting tired of the lemonade. It's delicious and it's amazing how it replaces meals so perfectly.

So, today is day 4 and I'm feeling really great! Energy wise, yeah, I'm exhausted. But my mentality is pretty focused. I really really want this! I'm going to push myself really hard.

I ran an errand this morning and have been hanging out reading and relaxing ever since. I have one more serving left to drink, and I'll have that in an hour or so. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to grab a nap today! If I nap now, I might not be so exhausted later and could possibly stay up later with my husband! Last night he ate an Amy's frozen dinner. He had stinky breath all night! LOL! If I weren't on the cleanse, I wouldn't have noticed. However, I'm sure that my breath is quite foul to him and also my body odors! I haven't caught myself smelling like cayenne pepper but it should happen soon. I usually start smelling myself sweat cayenne pepper around day 4 or so. haha, that's so funny.

I'm looking forward to an easy evening of cleansing. I can't wait to greet day 5 feeling this confident in myself. Come on, April! We're in this for the long haul!

-R

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:26 pm 

Thank you! I think I might have to have something serious happen to me to stop. I know that quitting eating solid food is a serious thing in itself and is certainly not easy! I also felt woozy today while cleaning my first 3 hour house.. wheh! Felt so much better on the second 2 hour house though, and now I am home for some very serious relaxing!

I'll keep that in mind before I take a shower, to drink right before. I don't really take super hot showers like some people I know, so hopefully that will help.

I never understand when people say that the lemon mixture is actually gross. I always assume that maybe its just because their bodies are not already accustomed to eating whole foods, or maybe cayenne pepper or grade B syrup at all. In the winter time when we get colds, we drink a homemade tea with lemon, ginger, and cayenne.

Haha.. I was so thinking about how your breath might be smelling in a few days when you were talking about your husbands! But your sense of smell will become stronger than his, so will probably still bother you more.

We can so do this!! I'm pumped! I just wish I was on day 5 with you!!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:20 am 

I am happy to be on day 5! It feels like a mini-milestone on my cleanse! And I'm the same way: something bad will have to happen to get me off of this cleanse! I'm definitely planning for the long term! We went over our schedule for this summer and it looks like I might have time to do 30 days! I think that I have the inspiration to get me there. But we'll have to see! I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch, but I'm counting on me making this successful for myself.

Last night, my husband decided to tell me on his own that I look noticeably thinner than when I first started losing my weight last fall. He said that my form is beautiful and womanly and he emphasized how attracted he is to me! He said that even my personality is gentler and softer, as if I have changed with my body. It brought tears to me eyes! He told me those things at exactly the right time. Those kind words will fuel me through the rest of this cleanse! It's true, being fat makes me miserable and it changes me for the worst. I was so bitchy all of the time, to everyone! I was so tightly wound. I have definitely felt a change in my attitude and my being as I've lost weight over the months. I've lost about 30 pounds before this cleanse. And I feel calmer and more inclined to take the high road on things. I feel more spiritual in that I'm not afraid to talk out loud to the universe in gratitude and I'm beginning to find a lot of comfort in that. And I'm sweeter! That's what my husband says, anyway. And honestly, I'm happy to be a softer, healthier version of me. #thisiswhyicleanse!

And I'm definitely seeing more weight loss when I look in the mirror! I've managed to stay away from the scales and I'd like to stay away from them for as long as I can. I don't see a point in obsessing about it (because that's what I would do!), when the weight will do what it wants to without or without me. But I can see noticeable changes under my breasts. I used to have a noticeable roll of fat under my breasts and now I can feel it thinning out and I can actually feel my rib cage now. Wee! Also, I'm paying attention to my legs. And I can tell that my legs and thighs are thinning out! I'm almost, *almost* looking like normal again!

I'm so glad that I found this cleanse. I heard about the Master Cleanse while I was online at work when I was 18 years old. I've been cleansing ever since as a means of achieving health and weight loss. I don't know what I would have done without it! Seriously! And it almost makes me think that weight loss can be "easy!" I see family members who also struggle with weight, and I wish that I could make them cleanse! They're all scared of it and see me cleansing as "too extreme." But then they all compliment me when they see me, so it obviously works!

It's such a simple process! I love that all I have to worry about are those 4 simple ingredients! I don't do the SWF, so it's especially easier.

And I'm amazed and proud of you for working so hard! I would not have been able to clean for hours on end! I hardly had the energy to water my plants yesterday, haha! And forget my goal of walking for 30 minutes a day! I'm not even gonna try unless I feel like it.

Here's to another successful day for us, April!
Happy cleansing! And it IS indeed happy, with the results that we are seeking!

-R

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:43 am 

Day 4:

Weighed in at 177.2 this morning. 3lb loss since yesterday morning. Surprised at how fast it is going, but then again I am not since its in the beginning, and I really did not prep well for this cleanse. I ate healthy as usual, but I did eat a hearty amount! I hope you don't mind me posting my weight each day, it has always kept me motivated through the beginning of cleanses since that time is the toughest for me. It reminds me of going in the right direction I guess.

That almost brought tears to my eyes also! I can be such a softy sometimes, and I think its so sweet when partners show support and love for each other when it is so needed! I told my sweetie about your husband waiting for you to go to bed before he ate, and he got up this morning earlier to intentionally eat breakfast before I woke up! Of course I still had to smell it lol.. I feel you immensely when you talk about being miserable while being over weight. I feel so limited when I am heavy. Like everything is harder for me both physically and emotionally. Its harder to hang out with friends, harder to be intimate, harder to work, harder to eat even in a way! I've always been quite a shy person at first me, and I can tell my weight affects my confidence levels a ton. Just feels better in every way possible!

I tend to keep the cleanse mostly to myself while i'm on it. People obviously start to notice before too long and sometimes I tell them, sometimes I just say "Thanks!". If I work or live with people, they always know. It is hard to keep it from close friends. Its not that I won't tell anybody really, its more that I don't want any anti support for what I am doing. People do view it as extreme, or crazy even, and often don't understand it if they haven't done it themselves. I think having just those 4 ingredients really does help a lot!! I feel like it doesn't allow me the option of eating anything else, period. Or it won't work! When I quit smoking over 2 years ago, I did it cold turkey, options are sometimes not a good thing!!

My weight issues that I have noticed recently are my love handles on the back side.. like under my shoulder blades I get small fat rolls, and if I bend backwards a bit they touch my fat from my love handles!!! I usually notice my tummy and my arms slim up first. I've felt definitely slimmer at times, but haven't had a huge "wow" moment yet. I'll be sure to write about it when it happens!

Heres to another day! To success, health, and happiness!