Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: 8/11/15 -- Day 1 Part 1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:05 am 

Day 1
Weight: 130

This is my second time doing the Master Cleanse. Last time I made it 10 days without cheating and had the proper ease out :). I felt pretty accomplished. This time I will be doing 10 days again.

In order to ease into the cleanse I ate mostly fruits and veggies throughout the day yesterday. I slipped up at night and had some chips and cookies. There is definitely a sugar and junk food addiction going on with me right now. On a positive note, I didn’t have any caffeine yesterday, which is great considering that I have been slowly increasing my intake everyday.

I have a few goals I plan to accomplish during this 10 day cleanse:
Goal 1: Have my RA symptoms lessened – Last time I did the cleanse I noticed an incredible difference. Almost all of my pain was gone and I was able to run miles again. Before the cleanse I couldn’t run for 5 minutes.
Goal 2: Retrain myself to get back to my vegan diet – Sumer BBQs and vacations have brought back old habits
Goal 3: Lose my sugar, caffeine, and junk food addiction
Goal 4: Improve my thoughts on food (food is fuel, not a reward or a way to feel better)
Goal 5: Lose weight

Last night I used the Smooth Move tea as recommended. This morning I began with the salt water flush. Nothing crazy has happened so far, but I know what to expect from that the next few days. So far the day has gone well. I created a schedule for the timing of each of my lemonades and expect that I will be able to stick to it. I have felt a little hungry this morning, but that’s likely due to not easing in properly. I am planning to do some cardio and light lifting tonight while I still have energy for it.

I’ll keep you updated as things progress.

Post subject: Re: 8/11/15 -- Day 1 Part 1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:32 am 

sounds like you've got it together. I am on day 7th and this is the 3rd time. I am not loosing weight as expected but I lost 8lbs and I am on day 7. Tonight my daughter has a going away to college party at an all you can eat pizza place up here in the santa cruz mts.
I weighed in at the beginning at 136. I've lost maybe 6lbs (depends on what time of day) So I am down to 128. but I am discouraged and scared to gain it back. I still don't fit into my clothes, I was a size 6 comfortably and now......I just want to wear my big comfy moo moos :)
Can anyone tell me that it is okay to drink the lemonade mixture hot? Cause thats what I have been doing. I am so cold all the time and it is very satisfying. I am wondering if it changes the chemical balance or throws off the effects of MCD.

Post subject: Re: 8/11/15 -- Day 1 Part 1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:05 am 

Hi Lorelle,

So glad you have made it to day 7! That’s awesome, keep it up!

Yes, I have drank the lemonade hot before. I usually heat up the water and the dump the mixture into it to keep the nutrients fresh (I didn’t want to heat them on the stove or microwave them). It seemed to work fine for me last time. I did this a lot at night when I started feeling cold.

Don’t get too down about the weight loss. When I did the cleanse last time there were 3 days where I didn’t lose any weight, but then the next few days would bring good results. I totally understand how you feel though. All my clothes feel tight and uncomfortable. I am really looking forward to them fitting well again. If you have the energy, try to get a little active or go on a walk. It might help budge the scale.

Don’t worry too much about gaining the weight back. I think a couple pounds will come back once you’re done, but that’s usually due to water weight. The majority should stay off as long as you make healthy food choices when you're done. I would focus on eating a lot or fresh fruits & veggies once you ease out of the MC. That helped me the most last time. I kept the weight off for quite a while, but with events and holidays I slowly gained it back since I wasn’t being careful. If you stick to whole foods and just watch the amount of calories you are taking in you will be fine. I didn’t see an extreme slow down of my metabolism, although it was a little slower, but being active can help with that too.