Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Asia Cleanse Trice
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:19 pm 

Here I go again. This will be my third cleanse in a little under 2 years. These things are so good! I did kind of blow my last cleanse (#2) by drinking alcohol too soon after the cleanse was over (after the four or five day ease off with oj and then soup, I went to stay at a friend's place -and don't do this because I sure as hell won't again- where she was pouring wine like there's no tomorrow and then breakfast was a fruit festival with croissants besides... wheat plus way too much sugar even if it's in its natural state). Was I out of my mind? I wiped out my gains pretty fast this way. I generally ate well for the next several months... seafood and veggies and apples, bananas and coconuts for my only fruit. But I felt it was hard on my body to go from clean to crap so immediately after the ease off. I do NOT recommend eating anything but a grain-free vegetarian diet (and preferably just heavy on the cruciferous vegetables) for at least a week after the MC ease-off.

But, like I said, here I go again. I just want to give the system a rest.

DAY 0

Had been eating massive amounts of protein in San Francisco in July and August. Starting to get too pooched out for my skinny clothes. Just plain felt "over" the whole eating thing.
I was packing to go to Hong Kong and saw while weighing my bags with the subtract-your-weight bathroom scale method, that in my clothes I was getting to be 135 lbs.
I ate United Airlines' slightly improved fare on the plane trip (there was a salad with bulghur and veggies) plus cheese & apples I brought. My last solid food was the beet salad my daughter-in law had waiting for me in Hong Kong.
Dashed out to the Park n Shop and bought lemons, but the health food store was closed so I couldn't buy senna tea. No tea before bed. :?

DAY 1
Got at least 6 1/2 hours straight sleep, not bad for first day 9 time zones ahead. in clothes, weighted in at 132.8 lbs
SWF productive; 7am.
Breakfast glass of lemonade made with mostly Scottish spring water (guilty feelings over the global spring water export state of affairs) 16 oz at 8:45, followed by sipping on BRITA filtered HK tap water water (yuck)! Will tally rest of day's intake as I go but endeavoring to drink more straight water between lemonade intake. Don't have any of Glickman's books with me this time (which are so good for moral and technical support, esp The Master Cleanse coaching book).
Total 6 glasses. Plus water.
That little headache turned into a splitting headache... not used to having headaches. Finally at bedtime caved and took a potassium tablet, which tasted fantastic. Obviously low on electrolytes, took a couple more during the night, which garnered me a scant 5 hrs sleep for all the time I was horizontal. Damned jet lag. I don't recommend anyone else do this cleanse while jet lagged, but I'm soldiering on. Lost some tummy flab.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Asia Cleanse Trice
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:02 pm 

DAY 2
Gaaahhh! Jet lag to da max but staying in bed all night to get body used to China time zone. 5 hours, as noted in Day 1 entry. 131.4 lbs in clothes.

Achy joints. May have to cheat and take Cal Mag at night. mild kidney ache in morning.

SWF about 9 am productive
tally: 9 lemonades (trying to consume more than yesterday!)

Lost my notebook. blog entries all I have for now.

Crap sleep, 5 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:33 pm 

DAY 3

Crappy sleep due to large cockroach taking wing in my room and scaring the crap outta me. Killed it with insecticide but didn't sleep after 3:30 am.

SWF productive but since I didn't chug all the mixture in a couple of minutes, effects were delayed and I even had to trot to the toilet after having first lemonade (when I thought it was all over & done with).
Last night bought the Master Cleanse Coach app for my iPhone, which is a great app. $1.99: a bargain. The forum there is down, but at least I can enter lemonades and other aspects of the cleanse at a finger tap, and the graphing part of one's progress is great. FAQs section is good, too.

Lemonade tally before 2:30 pm: 4. Must consume more water. Do I trust this Chinese brand "SureBuy" for their label, "French Spring Water"? It's a steal at 50 US cents a bottle and sounds too good to be true. Such a nice pretty picture of alps on the label. Anyway, making it happen so far. Some sad, longing looks at the food on the lunch table while my son, his wife and friends all ordered fajitas. Worse yet was turning down a four course meal with wine scheduled for 11 Sept (orange juice day) yippee.

total tally of Lemonade for the day: 9

Never weighed myself all day, but hips lighter and muffin top less.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:09 pm 

DAY 4
another crappy 5 hrs sleep.
Awoke with side pains (mild) and mild kidney discomfort. I'm probably not drinking enough water in between those lemonades. Those went away fast. Did drink more H2O.
SWF productive... just totally liquid at this point. Excuse the details.
Enjoying the MC app, easy to use and we can graph our results. Plus all the MC recipes and tips at the touch of a button.
Better mood and energy today, but disgustingly white coated tongue and my waist just feels fat.
Lemonade tally: 9
Finally tried a mint tea just to have something else to drink.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:06 am 

DAY 5
What's the frickin' deal? 5 hours' sleep again. Darn jet lag! Woke up with a LOT of joint and back stiffness. Face looked a little brighter but I still see bumpy complexion.
Well, I lost a centimeter off my waist (74 cm) and I lost a lb. (130.0 today, with clothes on).
I do have okay energy but am super sensitive to others' garlic breath and really looked with envy at my son's & his wife's steamed salmon dinner.
SWF at 7 am was as productive as one might expect after 4 days of liquids only. Maybe I still need more water. No senna last night.
Mint tea while everyone else was having baguette with pate and cheese.
Lemonade Tally:7
Ended the night with a sip of the senna tea.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:35 pm 

DAY 6
Jeez, somewhat demoralized by 5 1/2 hours sleep. Joints aching as I try to get comfy for sleep.
Watching Master Chef last night was pure masochism. Missing food, though never exactly hungry. That is the amazing thing about this fast; the nutrition derived from the lemonade really does sustain a body.

Another sip of senna tea in the morning.
SWF at about 6:30 am and it didn't do a thing until 9 am when I had my first lemonade. Which is totally inconvenient.
I watched this link on Youtube for motivation and inspiration BUT I do NOT recommend her advice at the end when she says try the SWF to see how your body reacts to it (without being on the MC) or to try a three day detox. On day 3, a person is pretty low and has only just begun to FEEL the effects of the MC. It's a prime quitting day for those who don't have the support or full knowledge of how the MC works. Otherwise this might just be a nice bit of motivation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z39e6fviJJc
Jawline looking trim, tummy not so bloated and flabby, facial complexion a little brighter.
128.0 pounds
Lemonades 8 1/2 glasses
Oh man I had a tough time watching everyone eat pancakes.
I keep thinking, I want fluffy weird cakes and coffee and whipped cream and buttery crab meat... and then I'll think about beets and salads and kale shakes and to be honest it ALL sounds appealing. Can hardly wait til I'm through with this phase of food yearnings.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:32 pm 

DAY 7
Oh boy! Sure am glad I know and respect
http://themastercleanse.com/master-cleanse/mistakes/

because I have hung in there with the crappy feelings and passed some kind of hump now, here on Day 7!

Think I got 6.5 hours sleep! Feel good, and I do like the way my hips aren't all lumpy. Still some belly sag, which means I gotta get back into working out every other day. But I feel good, at last. Tongue still a bit coated, but less so than several days ago.

SWF 6 - 6:30 productive
Weight up slightly to 130 lbs again
lemonade 6

Absolutely the worst day for the two grandsons I'm babysitting. I think the 2 year old was given a sugar snack at nursery school in the morning because he was bouncing off the walls (he's normally a very well behaved little guy) and it was very tough on gramma.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:53 pm 

DAY 8
6 hours sleep w/ achy joints. Can hardly wait to go back to taking my CalMag and MSM
SWF 6:30 productive
Lemonade tally 8
trying to drink more H20 but it's hard
Mostly just happy to know that the cleanse will be over soon
hips bonier than when I started but tummy a bit bloated!!
tongue still mildly coated. Think I ought to stay on it until the tongue goes pink again
127.8 with light clothes on.
Totally caved on the joint pain (it was torture rocking my grandson to sleep for his nap) and at night before bed at the end of Day 8, I took a potassium and an MSM tab. I know that Peter Glickman says to stop all supplements for the cleanse. But dammit, I was in such pain. If he's going to make concessions for people on antidepressants and other prescriptions, I feel somewhat justified getting back on my beloved MSM.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:42 am 

Hello Bali Lemon!

You're doing amazingly well on this cleanse! I finished a 10-day cleanse a few weeks ago and I just began another one yesterday. But because I'm doing them so closely together, I'm not nearly as upbeat this time around. I'll stick with it, but I came to this forum to get come encouragement and motivation.

I especially enjoyed reading your posts because we're close to the same weight, so for that reason it's especially fun for me to watch your progress!!

I certainly don't know how you're committing to this diet with so little sleep! I know from experience your energy gets a bit 'zapped' and if you stack insomnia on top of that... wow. So congratulations on your progress despite of your lack of sleep, and keep up the good work! You've been an inspiration. Keep the posts coming! Do you know yet how long you're cleansing for?

(By the way today is my Day 2, and I went from 134 to 131.)

Birdy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:34 pm 

Hi, Birdy. Thanks for the words of support.

3 lbs down in just a day or two, that is great! I love how this MC gives a person instant gratification, unlike most diets with eating involved. Doesn't that sound funny?

Wow, two cleanses... HOW close together? I seem to be doing them several months apart.

On my sleep... yes, started out on the wrong foot... totally jet lagged and won't allow myself naps for fear of going back to Pacific time. I am 56 and have been plagued with insomnia since the Change of Life, only to get back to sleeping when I started taking Dr Berg's Adrenal Night Formula and a Calcium Magnesium drink at night. Then I was able to get 7 hours. That's real good for me. I am trying to stick to the advice of Peter Glickman who popularized the MC in the 90's and is very strict about "no supplements." I am pretty sure that I'd sleep better if I was taking the Adrenal Night Formula, but the scientist in me wants to try and be consistent and let the Cleanse do its thing unadulterated. That said, I caved on the joint pain and took an MSM tab before sleep last night and have no regrets. SIGH.

Thanks for saying my journal has been of use to you. I can see from the menu that I get a lot of views but you're the first to actually comment. I appreciate that.

You post, too, and let's stay in touch here. I may stay on the cleanse for more than 10 days, although that was my original target. my tongue is still a bit white coated. I know that most people stick with the MC until the tongue is normal. I didn't do that last time. And after the oj and soup transition, I went right back to poison. Not gonna let that happen again. What a waste.

Thanks again for writing.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:40 pm 

DAY 9
SWF prompt reaction, first really prompt one this cleanse.
Lemonade tally 8
weight 126.8
Yay, the weight is coming down but golly that tummy skin is loose and an old, previously invisible scar there looks like a little hammock now! Gotta firm up. Well, I will do some walking in Hong Kong today so that will help. Not getting much exercise otherwise.
A day of pretty good energy. Went to the library, lot of walking in a day that finally begins to feel like autumn (dry).
Took an MSM tablet and 2 potassium (my only cheat).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 pm 

DAY 10
Crap sleep... like maybe 5.5 hours if I'm liberal. Minimal leg discomfort while trying to sleep.
SWF at 7, pretty prompt reaction again, and just had the overwhelming idea of getting that $#!* out! Real desire to cleanse.

This does not feel like a day ten (wanted this to be the end of it). Rather, I feel as though I am just smack in the middle of detoxing. Tongue still coated. I'm going to have to extend the days of lemonade.
When I walked back inside after seeing off my daughter in law, with my baby grandson in my arms, I thought I was going to faint dead on the floor. My mouth is incredibly dry and I can't seem to drink enough water. It's ghastly and weird. Is this what I get for eating the MSM supplement?

Drinking H2O like a fiend and I haven't even begun the lemonade.

Two days ago: Like watching a horror movie between fingers spread across face, I subjected myself to a rather over-dramatic YouTube video of scare tactics re: intestinal parasites and how to rid yourself of them. I am seriously considering doing a parasitic cleanse right after the MC. Just black walnut husk, wormwood and clove oil to see if anything comes out in the wash. I know that parasites love sugar and alcohol and since those are two cravings, maybe I do have some to get rid of.

But this day just reading through the references on my iPhone app "Master Cleanse" for help/motivation/reassurance.

Lemonade tally: 6
Weight: 127.4

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:06 pm 

DAY 11, gosh darn it. Sticking with this thing 'til my tongue goes pink
WELL! might have finally gotten close to 7 hours of sleep last night, rah rah
did NOT take any MSM or Potassium, and I gotta say, my joints and leg muscles are a bit achy. Otherwise, I feel pretty good today. Whew. Yesterday was a REAL low for me, energy-wise and mood-wise.

Finally craving salads.

Odd sinus reaction to my mint tea in late afternoon.

Feel good, especially after the crappy day 10.

Yes, definitely passed a hump of some kind. For the FIRST time on this cleanse, I am finally thinking about how I'm going to exercise (I've been off of regular exercise for a year or so, and off of a strict routine for at least 4 years). I finally feel slim again, fit instead of dumpy. Glad I persevered.

SWF productive, just kept on going throughout day, though
no senna last night.
weight 125.8

Got a bit muscle-and-joint achy in the late evening while watching TV, so bad that I took 3 or 4 potassium. Felt immediate lessening of the cramps and aches.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:10 pm 

DAY 12
So just before bed last night, I was being pretty cocky and I thought I'd drink some senna tea. Holy $#^! was that ever a mistake. I had to go in the middle of the night.

Woke up after only about 5.5 or 6 hours. ugh. congested and aches in nasal pharynx. Caved and took an antihistamine, Loratadyne. The shame, the horror. Snorted out a disgusting blood-tinged blob of mucous and that made me feel better for a while. But I have been miserable all day and can't stand the air conditioning my hosts have on at all hours of the day and night. How can I cleanse and deal with my symptoms with that arctic blast going on? Did a sinus wash and got some mucous out, but I'm pretty congested, like I'm coming down with sinusitis. I really hate to admit that about taking the antihistamine, but sometimes when I get sick like this, I can't shake it for a month. These guys http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data ... 1271871237 say we can sometimes see cold and flu symptoms appear as signs of toxins coming out.

SWF this am productive but it's only bile-y water at this point. Keeps on coming throughout the day, darn it. But it's just pure clearish liquid.

tongue only lightly coated, nearly there.

Drinking spring water like it's going out of style.

Love how my jeans are almost falling off of me. Tummy finally got flat.

weight 124.8 Don't know if I've ever gone this low in weight on my previous MC's. Bound and determined to keep this up until my symptoms clear.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:32 pm 

Day 13
During the night, I felt like hell. Big ugly mucous stopping up my nasal pharynx... I am convinced that the Pukka Brand Three Mints tea I drank the other day actually irritated my throat and sinuses, starting this whole reaction. No, I do not think it's toxins working their way out. I was actually a bit uncomfortable just swallowing that frickin' mint tea (Peppermint, Spearmint and Field Mint... what IS that, a euphemism for poison ivy?). Yesterday was awful and the night was worse.
NONETHELESS, for some of the night I know I slept very deeply, as I woke up with a sense of having really rested, even if my hours only added up to about 6.
Almost didn't do the SWF. Almost threw in the towel, but the idea of squeezing a bunch of oranges for the MC Ease-Off was worse than mixing salt and water, and besides, my poor sinuses needed something warm under them, so the SWF it was! Honestly, I was feeling TERRIBLE as I changed a diaper and went about the morning granny routine.
It did help my sinus congestion.
SWF eliminations back to cloudy (opaque) sorry if that's TMI
I drank the first lemonade and headed for the sauna/massage joint for a few minutes of steam and a 45 minute massage. This place has really skilled masseuses, but I told her to go easy on me as she's grinding a thumb (or maybe an elbow, for who can see when you're face down in a massage table) into a kidney. It ended up being a pretty relaxing massage... actually fell asleep for a moment while she was going at it on my scalp. The steam was also great. Felt much more energetic after all this, and was chugging lemonades the whole time I traveled to the spa and back home again.
That frickin' visit to the bathhouse saved me, that's for sure. Oh, and my complexion looks rosy and clear (was blotchy last night).
Lemonade tally: 6 so far
Weight: 124.0
cleanse journal continued on page 2 (click on it).

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.