[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Cleanse with me starting 9/14 - Fab Forties

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Cleanse with me starting 9/14 - Fab Forties
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:21 pm 

Hello friends!

I am starting the MC today and would love to have partners join me. I did the MC several years ago for 14 days with success but that was a much different point in my life. About 3 years ago I had an awful strain of the influenza virus and it really shook my system. I had issues with vitamin D and B depletion for years, exhaustion and weight gain. I use to be 165 and over the last 3 ½ years have gained 62 pounds and put it on about 20 pounds a year. My doctor kept saying to just start to exercise and it would improve. Easy for her to say when I had ZERO stamina. This last year all my levels are back to pre-virus and I started to exercise and eat a clean diet. I charted everything I ate and my exercise with the goal of losing 2 pounds a week. I went from 223 to 209 over 7 weeks then this last 3 weeks I am stuck on 209 and I am fearful that I can’t get over this hurdle because of lingering issues. So what better way to make sure my system has purged everything than with MC!!

I am fortunate in that my job has just changed and allows me to work from home so I have taken this opportunity to have NO EXCUSES. I have been working out, starting a new skin care treatment to fade some sun damage, cleaned out my pantry since I can cook for myself daily without being in a rush. It is great. A better version of me is in the making.

I want to do a 14-21 day cleanse. I hope to have other journals to look to for inspiration and to commiserate when I’m at a rough spot. I will post every day to keep me on track. Working from home means I don’t have as many distractions to keep me away from food. Feel free to ask me anything and comment. I have ready others journals and it has been helpful so I would like to return the favor.

So here are my stats….
Height: 5’7”
Starting weight: 209
Day 1 – Monday September 14th :)

Last edited by LoriM on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Cleanse with me starting 9/14
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:50 am 

Day 1
Yesterday I did the SFW with no ‘event’ all day. Hmmm….so instead I had a belly of salt water. I drank 4 lemon drinks and 2 large waters. At night I wanted to chew something. I wasn’t hungry but really wanted to chew. I know you aren’t supposed to chew gum but I’m thinking that might be in my future. I feel like the girl in Willy Wonka that filled up with blueberry juice with all this fluid in me.

I woke up this morning and weighted 209. I am really tired of seeing that number. I think by not expelling the SWF at all I didn’t lose. I remember now that last time the SWF didn’t work for me either. I only did the laxative tea so I’m going to switch to that plan and will drink the tea at night.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:30 pm 

Hi there! How is your cleanse going? I registered for the site today to see if someone would start with me, too :) I'm going to start the ease in tomorrow though, so I won't be on the lemon drinks until Saturday. But I do need encouragement, so hopefully we can cheer each other on. I've done this before where I eased in, fasted for 5 days, and eased out. But I didn't make good food/drink choices after that. This summer I've gained about 20 pounds that have been impossible to lose no matter what I do (i even trained for and ran my first half marathon!). I think it's a new birth control, that's all I can come up with. Anyway, since the scale isn't moving, I've pretty much given up. So I'd like to reboot my system and start fresh with a healthy new lifestyle.

BEST OF LUCK to you, and please keep providing updates! I need your inspiration! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:38 pm 

Hi, Lori!

I wanted to say congratulations on undertaking the Master Cleanse. I am starting today (Wednesday) and would love to offer my support and encouragement. I notice that we are similar in what we wish to accomplish. I weigh 200 lbs :oops: and would love to lose 55 pounds to look and be healthy again. I am 40 years old, so not too far apart in age either!
My goal is to do the MC for the next 14 days and then ease out with the OJ and soup/broth on the 30th of Sept. Then my plan is to eat completely raw for two weeks in order to stabilize and keep from gaining back weight. I'm not sure what eating program I will adopt afterwards, but I am sure I'll know better by the time that day arrives.

I will try to stop in frequently and check up on on your progress and update you on how the cleanse is going on my end.

Here's to our health and our success!

P.S. Hello to you, too, Tracy! It will be nice to have several of us cleansing together on this forum!

Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:07 pm 

Lori M, great on getting totally set up to do the MC!
When people commit like you just did, it makes all the difference.

I will not be a "twin" for you, as I am already done with 16 days of it and am on the ease out period.

I have one word of advice based on your Day 1 posting:

Always make the minimum 6 glasses of the Lemonade. Don't short yourself of the nutrition you are getting from those. Keep it bolstered with spring or purified water intake, but make your 6 to 12 glasses because your success depends upon it.

Remember that too many people quit on Day 3, which can be the very hardest day. Whatever a person feels on Day 3 is all about toxins being released and re-experienced. You flush 'em out and you're better the next day.

If you are not eliminating after chug-a-lugging the entire quart of salty water, you can do this:
1. are you taking senna blend tea the night before? Try it
2. if no success, keep up with the senna but add slightly more salt to your saline chug in the morning
3. if no success, keep up with the senna but use slightly LESS salt in your saline glug.

This is per Peter Glickman, one of the proponents of the MC in the USA.

I wish you great success with this cleanse.

Bali Lemon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:37 am 

Lori & Renewed,
I'm right in the middle of you two... at 42 :) And like Renewed, I'm not entirely sure how I plan to eat when this is over, but I'd like to eat clean/cut out processed foods. I want to lose the 20 I've gained this summer, but also find out what is causing me frequent tummy problems.

How are you both doing today? Renewed, how was yesterday for you? My day is easy - day 1 of easing in. I weighed and took measurements, and will have to go shopping for fruits & veggies for tomorrow, and oranges for fresh OJ for Friday. Oh and Lori, I meant to tell you that the last time I did the cleanse, I could not drink the SWF. I don't know how people do it... It was like it hit my throat and my throat said, "Nope." It all came right back up. So I drank the tea instead. I'm trying to remember if I drank it in the am and pm, or just the pm. But it was effective!

Good luck today & keep those updates coming! :)

Tracy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:41 am 

I was so excited this morning to see I had posts from fellow cleansers!! Thank you so much for writing. It motivates me to continue and I can’t wait to read your journeys. Thank you, thank you!

Another terrific surprise was I am finally off the dreaded 209 number on the scale. It has been 3 weeks on my regular diet stuck on that number. Right before I started MC I had a stern conversation with my scale that it was mathematically impossible for my weight to not budge (since I was counting calories in and exercise) for 3 weeks and I think someone is messing with me. OK it was more like yelling and I may have threated to take out its batteries and put it in a time out. So after I momentarily lost my mind I started Master Cleanse. So today I weighed in at……207!

Yesterday I drank 6 lemonades and did the lax tea at about 7pm. At about 4am I woke up to my tummy grumbling and moving. I went to the bathroom twice within 20 minutes and that was it. SO MUCH better than SWF for me.

Tracyll4 – I’m excited to read your progress as you start. I can imagine how discouraging it is to train and run a marathon and not lose those 20 pounds. I have wondered too if birth control makes me hold weigh more but the alternative of gaining baby weight is not in my plan :D Good for you doing the marathon. I don’t have a runner in me….at all. I do the elliptical and hope to start bike riding.

Renewed – Wonderful to have you starting at the same time. I don’t know about you but you all are the only people who know my weight and I can’t believe that I am posting it, but this forum is perfect for it. I am going to do a happy dance when I am under 200 again. I haven’t decided how I am going to come off this thing so I am glad you mentioned it so I can start thinking about it. For 2 months prior to MC I was eating super healthy and probably going to go back to that plus some more Mediterranean food recipes. All the pictures looks so good in a cookbook I bought. I have to figure out how to do that ticker that you did. I want to lose 50-55 pounds and am thinking of doing several MC to get there or keep this one going as long as I can. Easy to say on day 3 though :)

Bali Lemon – Thank you for your encouragement. Perfect timing since today is day 3 and what you say is one of the hardest. I appreciate your comments and you are making me stringer. Congratulation on finishing 16 days. What an achievement! I did increase my lemonades yesterday to 6 and am going for 8 today. All the SWF water on the first day threw me off.

SW: 209
CW: 207

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:45 am 

Hi, All! :)

Tracy, I am actually just starting the MC today. I went back and read my post and realized that I wrote today when I should have typed tomorrow. :oops: Today is, therefore, Day One for me. It's going great so far. I am feeling pretty darn good. I hear you on the tummy troubles. I am always having indigestion and that's one of the many reasons that I am doing this cleanse. I hope we both have lots of success on getting this resolved. How is your ease-in coming today?

Lori, I hope your day is going great as well! I'm right with you on the weight issue. The actual number on the scale is super secret where I'm concerned. Even my own husband does not know how much I weigh. It's too embarrassing for me :oops: I'm planning to get that under control though, and this cleanse is the starting point for me. I am hoping that it will help get this stress eating under control. I am an emotional eater, for sure. No more, though. Food will be fuel after this cleanse, although I do plan on indulging for special occasions, just because I think a person is setting themselves up for failure if we don't allow for those occasional splurges. :)

I think it's so cool that we are all so close in age. The fab forties. We'll be such hotties by the time we're through :wink:

Let's keep each other posted. It's so nice to have cleansing buddies!

P.S. Lori, you should just be able to google weight loss ticker and then find the ticker you want from there:).

Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:06 pm 

Thanks for the ticker information. Here it is.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whlFF3u/]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:50 pm 

Fab Forties... Love it!! I guess I will have to get a cute weightloss ticker thing too :) Today was a snap, just eating clean. I don't think you're supposed to have meat on the first ease-in day, but I did have fish. Tomorrow is only fruits and veggies. Oh and I realized today that, as a family, we signed up to help do maintenance on a local trail this Saturday (when I thought I would start the lemonades) and they've ordered us lunch (sandwiches). I have a feeling I will want/need the calories, so I'm not sure what I'll do yet.

Anyway, how did you do today, Renewed? Did you ease in? I know it's not as important as easing out, but I wanted to give myself every opportunity to succeed this time.

And Lori, how about you; how did you fare today? Also, what skincare are you using? Coincidentally, I'm trying out a Rodan + Fields line for a friend who sells it. It's been two weeks. Not really noticing any differences yet, other than it does not irritate my sensitive skin like every other product I've ever tried! So that's a plus!!

I'm so glad I found this forum. I don't know how I did this on my own last time. Oh wait, yes I do... because every morning I'd way a pound or two less than the day before!! LOL That's pretty darn motivating! :mrgreen: So do we just keep messaging each other on this same thread? Or does it really matter? I've no idea.

Have a great evening, and I wish you all continued success!

Tracy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:41 am 

Fab Forties is perfect! I don't know about you gals but even though I am 45 I still don't feel like an adult. I was married briefly in my 20's and have a 23 year old son (not living at home) but I still don't feel like a grown up. I wonder if all the adults I looked up to when I was young felt the same way.

Ok so my tongue has started to get fuzzy and that is not fun. :x I will now be self conscience of my breath until I am off MC. I brush and scrape but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Maybe I will have to stay on this until I have a clear tongue. I am fine with not eating just bored with no variety. I got a call from a friend last night and we caught up for a while and I completely forgot to drink my lax tea. I didn't realize it until this morning when my tummy wasn't grumbling. But I still lost another pound so I am at 206! I had 6 lemonades but probably drank the last 2 later than I should have because I felt an energy dip. I need to be better about drinking regularly instead of 3 separate times.

Renewed I am glad I am not the only one who has their weight TOP SECRET. I remember when I was shopping for a scale there was one that promoted how it saved your last weight to recall...um no way! What if someone pushed that button and saw my weight. I would have to weight shampoo or something after each time I weighed myself to clear it out. No way....and I live alone. :D

I see you both said tummy issues. My sister (41 yrs old) had issues for about 2 years with indigestion and she started taking an over the counter probiotic and it has been life changing for her.

Tracy it will be difficult to avoid that sandwich Saturday especially when it was kindly ordered for you. Maybe to the lax tea that night and start strong Sunday. The skin care I am using is Obaji. I did it about 7 years ago and liked the results. I don't remember why I stopped. Some of the items need a prescription but I went on the web site http://obagi.com/ and did the questionnaire to find what products matched what my desires were then found it on Ebay without having to go to a dermatologist. The products arrived new and sealed in the box and have worked. I have a reddish face color but nothing regular make up can't cover and it doesn't hurt or irritate. I am seeing fading already at 2.5 weeks of use.

So after 3 days....
CW: 206

Good luck ladies! Keep posting :)

Lori

Post subject: Re: Cleanse with me starting 9/14 - Fab Forties
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:24 am 

Good Luck Lori!

If you are already past 3 days, then I think you are over the hump. On day 3-4 I get that feeling like Gandalf after he has done battle with the Balrog in the Lord of The RIngs and changes from Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the White..kind of like you have been through the fires that forge you!

Bottom line - hang in there - you are through the worst..I don't know if I would have managed beyond day 1 if I had had no eliminations from the SWF!

Greybeard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:19 am 

I love greybeard's response!

So yesterday was my all fruit & veggie ease in day. The good news is, I'm already down a pound today. The bad news is, I ended up in the ER. YEP, apparently I'm allergic to plantains :shock: I was eating some dried plantain chips after my trip to Whole Foods for lemons and Grade B syrup, and my throat swelled. I panicked, and since I knew I'd drive by a hospital on my way home, I stopped into the ER. It was mild swelling, but the dr. said any amount of tightening in your throat feels scary, so I got some Benadryl, Prednisone and Prevacid. I came home and continued with fruits & veggies until bed time when I binged on the morning's leftover cinnamon rolls. I'll chalk that binge up to my crazy day :)

Today is OJ day! And Lori, I think you are right... I'll probably eat the sandwich tomorrow and drink the tea tomorrow night, then start fresh on Sunday. Also, congrats for seeing more weight loss!! How's the fuzzy tongue today? I'd forgotten all about that. I must not have had it too bad last time. Oh, and I'm the same way about adulthood. I usually tell people I'm 42 going on 14. :lol: What is it that your sister takes? Is it acidophilus? I've often wondered if that would help me. I actually bought some but didn't stick with it, and now while on the cleanse, I'm not taking anything.

Renewed... How's it going with you?

Have a great, lemony weekend everyone!

Tracy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:45 am 

Yes Greybeard it was very uncomfortable not to eliminate after the SWF! I couldn’t see being successful if I had another day of that so I switched to tea only. Plus I can’t stand the SFW. Yesterday was day 4 and a little challenging. I felt restless and just off all day. This morning seems OK though so you are right day 3 & 4 is where you are most challenged.

Tracy I can’t believe what happened to you! I’m glad you got checked out and are OK. I would have used it as a way to justify eating ice cream…just to sooth my throat of course. I’ll ask my sister what she take. She saw a difference in a couple days and is thrilled. Today my tongue is manageable. Yesterday I had gum because I couldn’t take the fuzzy feeling and awful breath. It felt like those sucker fish in an aquarium that sucks up all the algae and was a relief but as soon as I stopped chewing and threw it away I was back to fuzzy.

So yesterday was day 4 and I had 6 lemonades and I remembered the lax tea! I did the elliptical for 30 minutes vs my usual (only last 2 months) of 60 minutes. I was a sweaty mess and thought any more time and I may regret it today. I think I will stick to 30 minutes because today I am fine and the scale moved. I drank a lot of water before, during and after so that is why only 6 lemonades, but I will work on that. I lost a pound and am 205. Although I started the MC at 209 I was 223 when I started exercise and basically raw healthy food so I have lost 18 pounds, 4 on MC. I was happy that my main pair of size 16 jeans were loose, super loose. I thought OK I am ready for a 14 but before I try let me try on this other pair of 16 jeans that had always been tighter. If those are loose I am on to 14. NO SUCH LUCK. My stupid black pair of 16 jeans fit normal. Not loose, just right. AUGH. Ok next week we will battle again you evil jeans.

I forgot to mention before that I measured myself. I had read someone’s journal who said how many inches they had lost, I think it might have been Bali Lemon’s, so I thought that was a good idea. It probably was but it sure didn’t feel like it. I was shocked at the numbers. I don’t think I will re-measure until the very end.

Renewed how are you doing?

CW: 205

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:34 am 

After 5 days I have lost 5 pounds! I drank 8 lemonades, lax tea and a water. I did the elliptical for 30 minutes again and it was easier than the day before. I still haven't decided how long I am going. I know 14 days for sure but if I can do 21 I will. I started seeing holiday items in the store and I am so thankful I started this now and will get things under control before all the holiday food and events you can't avoid. I had pretty much taken sugar out of my diet the 2 months leaded up to the MC and stopped craving treats so with that and weight loss I won't want to sabotage my success.

How is everyone else doing?