[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Cleanse with me starting 9/14 - Fab Forties

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Cleanse with me starting 9/14 - Fab Forties
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:23 pm 

Lori, that is awesome!! Way to go!! Wow, I'm amazed you can do 30 minutes on the elliptical while on this. I hope I can continue to do some form of cardio.

Today was the trail cleanup, and I did eat a sandwich :) We were all starving, it was so necessary!! But I am still going to drink the tea tonight, and start on the lemonade tomorrow. Oh, and just from the 3 days of easing in, I'm down 3 pounds!! I hesitated to write that, because I know I'll gain today from the sandwich. And chips. And chocolate chip cookie. And the kids leftovers. (I'm telling you, I was starving!) But I don't know, because I burned a lot of calories working on that trail...

I meant to ask you, I assume when you say you've drank 6 (for example) lemonades, is that 8 oz drinks? I plan to double mine in a 16 oz water bottle, so that I'm essentially drinking two at a time. That way, I can hopefully fit more in throughout the day.

I measured myself too, mostly out of curiosity. I've never really paid much attention to inches, only to pounds and clothes size.

Keep up the good work!!

Tracy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:03 pm 

Sorry, Ladies! I'm here, I'm here!!!! :) It's just been crazy busy, plus I had a slight setback earlier this week. My 74 year old MIL lives out of state on 3 acres and she has been having major issues with rheumatoid arthritis here over the past two months, so hubby dear has been making trips every two weeks to go over and mow her land, along with doing all the other yard work necessary. Fortunately, we only live three hours and one state away. Anyhoo, dear hubby informed me Thursday morning before going off to work that he wanted me to come with him this weekend and help with all the mowing so that he could get it done faster. It normally takes him all day long, literally. He wanted to leave Friday, so I had little time to prepare. I have helped before and know how much mowing 3 acres takes out of you, so decided to wean off the cleanse and just do raw fruits and veggies. I ate blueberries, pears, and green smoothies. Then he came home from work Thurs. night and told me he'd been thinking about it and decided that he would just take off early Friday morning and I didn't need to come with him after all! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........I was so frustrated. Here I had decided to break my cleanse thinking that all that hard, hot physical work would be just too much to handle while fasting, and it turns out I didn't have to go.
Anyway, I got right back on the MC. I thought about my fab forties buddies, and what a great support thread we have going on here and decided that I am NOT going to let this deter me, or use it as an excuse to give up the cleanse altogether. I plan on continuing and so far, no more issues.
It's been super busy around here and haven't had time to post til now though. Lori, I saw you mentioned probiotics, and I am a HUGE fan of those. They do help with indigestion and heartburn. Also I read that we should start taking them immediately after cleansing because fasting removes both good and bad bacteria from our bodies so we need to replace the good stuff after the MC is over. I plan on doing that, for sure.

Congrats on your weight loss, Lori & Traci! I am so darn proud of all of us. I haven't even gotten on the scale since Thursday morning. I was afraid after eating the fruits and smoothies that I would have gained back the 2 pounds I'd lost and I just didn't want to be discouraged. I am just feeling so good about this cleanse right now and I don't want anything to spoil it for me. I did take my measurements before starting and plan on weighing and measuring here in a few days.

I am going to incorporate an exercise program called T-Tapp, beginning tomorrow. I've done it in the past and it's really wonderful for helping budge stubborn inches, plus it's only a 15 minute workout. I figure I can handle that. I'm not sure, but I may add Leslie Sansone walking dvd too. I'll wait and see how energetic I feel. :)

Hope you two are still going strong. Thank you both for your wonderful support.

Fab forties, here we come!!!

P.S. Lori, I'm right there with you on the size 16 jeans. It's crazy, isn't it? I am so ready to throw all my 16's away for good! I look my very best as a size 8, so that's my goal.

Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 am 

After 6 days 6 pounds!! The day is coming soon when I don't lose that pound and that is normal but I am going to do everything I can to avoid it :-)

I'm a bit nervous for today. I am going with a friend to a thing at the expo center that will most likely have 'fair food' and although I am not craving sweets I would love French fries. All those food trucks smell so good too. Yesterday seemed like every commercial was food, internet pictures, neighbors BBQing, so what do I do.....watch the season finale of Master Chef on my DVR when on the elliptical. I'm such a ding dong.

Renewed I'm so glad you are back! I was wondering where you had gone. Sorry about your hiccup with MC but the good news is you were making a healthy choice for yourself. You would have never had the energy to do all that work on MC but instead of using it as an excuse for a hamburger you made a healthy choice. I'll have to look up the T Tap thing because 15 minutes doesn't sound bad at all.

I asked my sister about the probiotic she uses and she said it is just the grocery store brand!

Tracy I bet you worked hard on the trail and deserved that chocolate chip cookie! Good job on the 3 pounds! If you gain one back oh well, it will be gone tomorrow. I double up my lemonade drinks too. I do two 10 ounce ones in a big tumbler glass or work out water bottle if I am out and about. When I say I had 6 lemonades it is actually 3 big ones but 6 servings. I sip all day but get into work and forget for big chunks of time and I have to get better about it. I think the elliptical helps keep the huger away. I do it at about 7pm so it kicks the cravings away before bed. I feel like I am sweating way more than I use to doing 60 minutes.

I think this week is going to be a strong one for all of us! I can't wait to read about your progress.
Lori

6 days
SW: 209
CW: 203
8 lemonades, lax tea, 35 minutes on elliptical

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whlFF3u/]

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:49 am 

Yay, Renewed! Glad you are back... or weren't really gone :) I agree with Lori, it's awesome that you knew you'd need calories but made healthy choices anyway.

I gained 1.5 lbs. But I've started strong on the lemonade today, and plan to go for a quick run while I still have some calories in me from yesterday's binge :) I'm starving right now, but I know it will subside. I'm just trying to keep myself super busy to keep my mind off it.

Lori, good luck at the expo today. That's a tough one... maybe the good smells will be enough of a treat for you?? I'm a sucker for fries, too. But hang in there, you've got this!!

Congrats to you both for sticking with it, and losing those libbies! Here's to a great week for us! :mrgreen:

Tracy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:56 am 

Happy Monday!

I now have one day under my belt. I am not very good at keeping track, but I think I had about 10 lemonades, and probably that much in water, too. I went for a short run yesterday morning while I still had some calories in me from the day before, and a 3.5 mile walk with the dog last night. I drink an am and pm tea, because I can't drink the SWF. Once this morning's kicks in, I'll probably go for another walk. During yesterday's run, my am tea tried to sneak up on me! I don't want that feeling again! :lol:

I have big plans to keep myself busy today. I just pre-made a pitcher of about 5 servings (minus the pepper, I'll add that to the cup right before I drink), so I am locked and loaded for this day! I've also been researching Whole30, thinking of trying it once I'm done with the cleanse. Has anyone else tried it? I'm also going up to the gym to sign up for a new weights class that starts in October. I thought that will be a good supplement to the cardio I've been doing, and will be also good timing with me coming off the cleanse.

How's everyone else doing? Have a great week!
Tracy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:11 am 

Hope you all don't mind me joining you. I am hoping to do a 20 day cleanse and will decide at that point if I want to push towards 30 or 40 days. Just have to get to the 20th day first though.

I actually started on Friday, September 18 and made it until I got home and then failed miserably :(. Then that failure led to Saturday and I decided to finish the wine I had in the fridge so it wouldn't go bad lol. So yesterday I began my Day One and made it!!! Today is Day 2! I did the Sienna tea last night and the SWF this morning which kind of worked but not great and I feel so puffy right now. I remember the first time I did the MC I had no problems with the SWF but the other times it was just like I retained it instead of expelling it. So frustrating especially when its so hard to get down.

I am 46 years young :) and have gained a lot of weight in the last few years. My weight on Friday was 181.2 and I am down but I would love to get to 160 or below before I finish this cleanse. I am doing the MC for weight loss but also because I have just felt horrible lately, lethargic, puffy, just uck and my eating habits have not been good at all. Hoping to drop some weight, feel better and reset my way of eating.

Good luck everyone!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYgVv0N/]

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:52 am 

After 7 days I lost 6 pounds! The scale didn’t move from yesterday but I expected that. Hopefully it only needs 1 day off :oops:  I went to the event at the Expo and didn’t eat but the smells were soooo good. The heat was ridiculous and that affected me more because of the MC. I got home and was not feeling the elliptical or anything other than being a sloth.

Yesterday was a mixed emotion day. As I mentioned I was dieting and working out for 2 months prior to MC so my total weight loss from both hit 20 pounds. I was thrilled but then it settled in that I still have 43 until my goal weight, which isn’t the ultimate weight I want but one I will be happy with while I work off the next 10-15 pounds. It just seems like so much more to go. I know I am committed and doing everything I can each day but it feels so far away still. I keep telling myself I am on my way, look how far I have come, I will get there, etc. but it still feels like Mt. Everest.

49ergirl welcome to the group! The more the merrier. I am still deciding how long I am going but I am leaning toward 21 days and doing a series of 2 more 21 days until I get down to my goal. I’m not sure how long to take off between cleanses. Does anyone on the forum know? This group has been so motivating for me. I hope you find it helpful too. Please share your experience during the cleanse. Funny you drank the wine because it would go bad. I totally would have done that. I have failed on diets and said ‘well I should eat all the bad stuff in the house so I’m not tempted’ justifying it as doing myself a favor. Hey self how about throwing it away or donating it, that you have been a better way to help myself! :twisted:

Tracy wow that is a lot of exercise to kick off the cleanse. Good for you. You’re probably right that is will be harder to have the energy to do as much as the cleanse progresses. You say you are doing the lax tea morning and night. I am only doing night. Should I be doing both if I am not doing the SFW? I’m sure people have said I am full of crap before but I don’t feel like I full of enough for 2 teas a day :lol:  I’m going to start weight too once off the cleanse. I want to tone better than I am.

So yesterday was 8 lemonades, 1 lax tea and ZERO elliptical.

Lori

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:43 am 

Today has been okay but I have not felt well since the SWF this morning. I just feel like my head and chest are swollen and lots of pressure. I am going to do the smooth move tea tonight and tomorrow morning and see if that doesn't help. I remember the least time I did the MC the SWF wasn't working and I kept gaining weight instead of losing it and then got discouraged and stopped. I don't want to stop this time. I really want to try for 40 days. I know it will be difficult but I really want to get 30 pounds off. That would put me in the 150s.

When you are on day 2 - 40 days feels like forever however I may count them in weeks.
I was thinking...If I went on a very strict diet/exercise regime I could maybe lose 30 pounds in 15 weeks (2 pounds per week); however that would put me doing it over the holidays and that's not likely to be very successful (I know myself).
Anyhow if I do this cleanse for 40 days that's only 5 1/2 weeks and I should lose 30 pounds. 5 1/2 weeks sounds so much better that 15 weeks!!! LOL I do a lot of thinking when I'm on the MC but I figure taking it one week at a time might be a little less overwhelming :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:37 am 

49ergir I did the SWF just the first day because I had the same experience as you. I just felt like a big unhappy salt water sponge. I haven't done it since, only laxative tea. That should help the pressure you feel tonight. It did for me.

I was working out and charting everything in and exercise before the MC then I hit a 3 week point when I was stuck to the same weight so I started MC to give me a kick so I get why you are doing the same instead of going for a 15 week plan. At first I thought I would do 14 or 21 days. Now I am committing to 21 but would love to go more. I will see how it goes these next 2 weeks but if I can I will :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:12 am 

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing good! I didn't do so good yesterday I felt so awful that I only had one bottle of the LA! Got busy at work and then just didn't want it. I drank lots of water though but woke up during the night with a splitting headache. The throbbing kind where it is a sharp pain with every heart beat. I assume either from the SWF yesterday, the caffeine detox or not enough LA from yesterday. I was also up in weight .4 which isn't a lot but it's discouraging :(

I had a nice hot cup of herbal tea this morning and put a T of syrup in it just for a little sweetness and it made me feel better. I got to work and downed 2 bottles of LA already, I knew I was going in the conference room for a coworkers baby shower with lots of food so thought if I drank a lot of LA it would help and it did.

No cravings really I am pretty committed to this and just have to remember to get 6-8 LA in a day. I premake it by mixing 3/4 cup of syrup with 3/4 cup of lemon juice and put that in a container and during the day I add 1/4 cup of the mix to a 16 oz bottle of purified water and then add the cayenne pepper and chug away. That seems to be easier for me and tastes fresher than premixing the whole thing.

Lori I really think the SWF is not working for me. I am thinking of doing it once a week (every Saturday) I read somewhere a while back that the salt water flush is important because our bodies need some sodium as well. I wish I could find that article, so I hate to eliminate it completely but I agree I am sticking to the tea for now. I'm glad you're doing 21 days, it's nice to have others to go through it with. You are already 1/3 the way there!!! Great job!!! Is it easier for you now. I know today being day 3 for me will probably be rough but hopefully not as rough as yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:11 am 

Question: Does anyone know if it's okay to do weight training while doing the MC? I am walking every day at lunch with the ladies and I think tomorrow (day 4) I'll get back into the gym to do some elliptical but would like to do some weights as well. I just don't know if that would be a good idea since we aren't getting in protein to build/repair muscle.

Hope everyone is happy cleansing!!!

~Tori

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:23 am 

Hey all!

I've started a thread myself (Its Been A Long Time, But I'm Starting Again! 10 Day MC) and that's where I met Lori! She welcomed me here and although I'm 38, I'm gonna join you gals anyhow! lol

I'm on day 4 and so far, so good! I've done the MC to 10 days ONCE before, and MANY other times stopping at 5 7 days. I'm committed to going the full 10 days this time, and hopefully another round to make it 20 days overall. I had a baby last year and even though I got within 5 lbs of my pre-baby weight (217), I stopped nursing and everything went to pot lol. I really would like to get BELOW 200 because that is where I'm most comfortable, so hopefully I'll be able to do so!

Here are my stats so far:

SW: 230
CW: 221.6
GW: 210

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:05 am 

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I am seeing lots of posts, but not the one I wrote yesterday! :? So I'll start with a quick update on me.

Today is DAY 3 and I'm down 3.5 lbs from my starting weight. I'd initially lost 3 during the ease-in, but gained them back. I've updated my weight loss goals to get me to an even 150 (that would be 24.5 lbs from my SW). I don't care if I lose these while on the cleanse, but hopefully can continue to stay on a healthy path after it's over. I've been collecting WHole30 recipes for after the cleanse and ease-out, has anyone tried it? And I signed up for a weight lifting class starting Oct. 5. I'm going to shoot for 10 days on the cleanse, and then 3 days to ease out.

Yesterday was TOUGH!! I kept myself busy by organizing our home office, and got so busy I didn't even give myself time to go for a walk. I fixed myself a pitcher of lemonade in the morning so it was easy to grab a cup, dash some pepper in it and drink. That's the first time I've prepared it in advance, and that worked really well for me. However, I needed to mix more last night, when I felt like my stomach was about to eat itself, and I was OUT OF MAPLE SYRUP!!! Our close market doesn't carry grade B so I was SOL. Because I was starving, I caved and drank two fresh apple/orange juices before bed. I was worried if I woke up really hungry in the middle of the night, I'd make bad choices. This seemed to work ok, and I've already made a trip to WHole Foods this morning. My first lemonade of the morning was the best one I've ever had!

49ergirl... Welcome! It's great to have another fab40 and it looks like we started on the same day. I'm with you on the tummy troubles. We've been discussing probiotics which is something I plan to try once I'm off the cleanse. As far as weighlifting while cleansing, I'm with you... I don't know how your muscles could repair themselves, but also how you'd even have the energy. I don't plan to try it until I'm finished. 40 day is such a long time, but I hear people (sounds like LoriM is one, too) who get over the hump it's easier to keep going. Best of luck to you, and keep providing updates!

LoriM.... I wasn't sure if I should add an AM tea or not, since I'm not doing the SWF, but I tried it yesterday and felt bloated and rumbly all day. It was like my body really wanted to go, but couldn't go enough. Today I skipped the AM tea. Still feeling a bit rumbly, so the jury is still out :) I'll keep you posted!

Girlblessed... We will take you in at 38!!! LOL Congrats on the baby, and your current weight loss. Stay with us and we'll help each other get you over the hump! I've only tried this one other time for 5 days, and I'm shooting for 10 this time. I'm afraid of the weekend, and will really need everyone's encouragement! :shock:

Have an awesome, lemony day, ladies!
Tracy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:57 am 

Hi everyone! So today I am feeling pretty weak. I am not hungry but feeling zero energy and I might take a nap already and it is 11:30am. It is probably because I am not consistent with when I am drinking my lemonades. I should make a big batch like Tracy so I can just pour whenever I need it. Maybe that will help. No weight loss today so it must be coming tomorrow…please. After 8 days down 6 pounds.

My skin is dry now so I started to use coconut oil on my body. I like it because it is natural and absorbs into your skin well if you give it a few minutes before getting dressed.

49ergirl when I did my first MC I was a Diet Coke gal. I had 1 Diet Coke a day and I had the worst headaches for about 6 days on MC then it was better. This time I had already stopped drinking soda 6 months ago and I had no headaches. I was never a coffee drinker but I am guessing it would be the same. I’m glad you will be doing 21 days with me!! You can do weight training if you have the energy. It is actually great to do if you can.

Girlblessed glad to see you here :D Sounds like the cleanse is going well so far so good luck with making the 10 this time.

Tracy sorry yesterday was tough for you. I am having one of those days today. Good solution to the no syrup having the juice. It is better than water and waking up starving so you eat everything in the pantry :shock:

Yesterday: 8 lemonades, lax tea, water and 30 minutes on elliptical

Good luck to all today!

Lori

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:45 am 

Day 4 - UGGH! I woke up with my lower back killing me! I usually get aches around days 4-5 and boy did it set in this morning...must be detoxing. I am on East Coast time so it's 9:00 a.m. here and I think today might be a tough one for me.

I was down this morning to 174.8 for a total loss of 6.40 pounds so far. Happy with that but don't feel a difference yet.

Yesterday I drank 5 16oz bottles of LA and I try to get at least 6 in so I need to make sure I get all 6 in today. Yesterday wasn't bad once the headache subsided and I got through the day except you know how websites have pop-ups well it seemed every time I got on a website yesterday a pop-up ad would come up showing a picture of pizza or another food, I was like...really??? I love to cook. I grew up in the country and my family taught me how to cook. We cooked everything from scratch and I enjoy doing that with my family. Well, as we cook we love to enjoy a glass (or two) of wine lol and last night my son (23yrs) was cooking and having some wine and I instantly wanted to go and join in. It's funny because it was an automatic thing like a trigger because that's what we know. Most of what we do is from habit not from hunger or anything else. I of course stepped back and then went upstairs and took a bath to stay away from the kitchen.

I haven't cooked myself since I started the MC so I decided I would put a roast in the crockpot late last night and woke up all night to the delicious smells throughout the house OMG what was I thinking haha. Well the fam will have a nice lunch and dinner today.

I am hoping for the mental clarity soon because right now I'm just tired and achy and forgetful ... but one day at a time.

Tracy don't feel bad about the juice that is much better than eating something and your still going so great job!

Girlblessed your 1/2 way there...Good job!!! The rest is usually uphill after day 5.

Lori I hope today is a better day for you. You are doing so good. I'm hoping to go to the gym tonight with the hubbie but if this backache doesn't subside I don't know. I will still walk at lunch with my office friends. We do about 3 miles in 50 minutes up and down the hills of the city so its at a brisk pace.

Hope everyone's Wednesday goes well!!!! Happy Cleansing!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYgVv0N/]