Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Melissa's 20 Day Cleanse
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:55 am 

Today is Day 1. I am not sure why the first day for me is always the hardest. It's so easy for me to put it off and say that I will start tomorrow. But today is the day. I know I need to cleanse, I can feel it in my body. Anyone else want to join me or feel the first day is frightening?

Post subject: Re: Melissa's 20 Day Cleanse
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:17 pm 

Hi Melissa, i have been trying to post to you all day but kept getting error codes, I, too am on my first day hoping to last 20 to 30 days Hope your first day went great, we can do this!!!! :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:42 am 

Hi Breezygirl,
Thanks for the encouragement, yes, we can do this together :D . It's so nice to know I have a partner to cleanse with. Today is day 3 for me and I have low energy. Thankfully, though, not hungry. Last night, I went to a dinner party with friends- it was so hard not to eat, yet I feel stronger for enduring it. There is such a mental aspect to this journey. Tomorrow, I return to work and am a little afraid I won't have the energy. Yet, it might be good to get my mind off the cleanse. My tongue is really white but my skin feels great. How is your journey?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:24 pm 

Yay, for getting through day 3, one of the hardest days. I'm on day three too and feel about the same as you. I've tried to post a few times but get error messages so hopefully you get this. Most important is to drink fluids even if you don't want to, I find it helps keep you strong and weight loss steady. I've done the cleanse a few times with great success. Have you? See you tomorrow on day 4. So proud of you getting through your dinner party! Whoo hoo!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:37 pm 

Hi Breezygirl,
Day 3 was rather tough :x . Today was day 4 and I had a lot more energy. Went to work, thought it would be difficult but it was surprisingly smooth. It was also nice to concentrate on something else for a good while. When I got home, my Mom made a homemade meal and brought it over as a surprise. It was one of my favorite meals. Darn! Though I wasn't hungry, I did have the urge to eat... maybe due to emotions. Yet, I stayed strong by distracting myself. How are you doing? What do you do during rough times like that?

I've done the cleanse before about 6 years ago (can't believe its been that long) and did it for 21 days. What about you? Did you keep the weight off? Thinking of going vegan after the cleanse. Not sure how long I will do it this time.

Cheers to our lemons,
Melissa

p.s. If its too hard to reply to this, then create a new post and I will look for it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:35 pm 

That is wonderful that work went well today, much better than doing nothing but thinking about the cleanse all day. My day 3 was better than today, I spent the day organizing my storage room, family room and youngest son's bedroom. Felt tired at times but took breaks to get my fluids in which helped. Woke up today with a pulled muscle in my neck I think from bending over under the stairs, also somewhat neasous as well.

It's nice that your Mom brought your favorite dinner, that must of been tough. Good for you for staying strong! There will be many more meals in time. When I get tempted I take my self out of the situation, make sure I have lots of the lemonade and remind myself why I am doing this. Think of all the success I've had, how happy I was and how horrible I felt when I failed. I also have a folder of motivational photos and quotes on my phone I read when weak and when I go to bed.

I've posted a couple of my cleanses on here if you want to check them out. I've found I can keep off most of the weight easily if I continue to eat fairly well. I always gain back around 3-5 of water weight back a day or two after stopping cleanse which is normal. I have been quite ill the last year with bronchitis and sinusitis several times the last year so haven't been as active and have gained 20 pounds.

That is wonderful that you did 21 days, I think my longest is 17 then ate for 5 days and did another 16. My weakness is stress and wanting to eat out with hubby when he comes home. He's gone for 2 weeks then home for 1.
I've done a few 14 day cleanses twice a year to keep off the 10 pounds I gain every few months. I am also extremely strick to following the diet, no cheats ever not even gum. I find that if you don't allow any you are less likely to cheat or give up. Lol I don't want to go 5 days and have to start over on day one again, ekkk!

Cheers to our lemons and to day 5 tomorrow!!! Yay!!!!

I figured out it did not like my old ticker in my signature so that's why I got the errors.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:31 pm 

Hi Breezygirl,

Yeah...made it through Day 5. Had to work again today which was probably a good thing as it got my mind off the cleanse. Normally, when things get stressful at work, I end up getting a headache and can't think clearly. I am amazed that since Day 4 this hasn't happened. I am a lot more calm and less stressed. They say this cleanse does wonders for your body, but, my mind is really benefiting. Though there are definitely some tough bits throughout the day (like having to attend conference where co-workers are eating really loudly beside me or watching people indulging in coffee). Perhaps you can send some motivational quotes my way??

Sorry to hear your day 4 was tough. Hope tomorrow is better, but it sounds like you kept yourself busy with all the home organizing. I totally understand wanting to eat out with the hubby. Mine works long hours and we have definitely had too much take out. I am thinking of doing vegan or really changing my diet after the cleanse. It feels so good to be healthy. How do you usually eat?

Best of luck to day 6.

Thanks for being a fellow lemonhead,
Melissa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:46 pm 

Made it through day 6. Woke up late and wasn't able to prepare enough lemonade to last me the day---so they day dragged. Had very little energy. Oh well, you live and learn. Tomorrow I will start fresh.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:37 pm 

I hear you about feeling bad if you don't get enough lemonade. Way to good for being strong! I'm still here made it through day 5 & 6. Hubby came home today with my favorite pizza and bread sticks. Grrrr. Lol. I was so tempted and contemplated eating for about 30 mins. Smelled the pizza really good to get my fix and drank my lemonade. I didn't cave, yay!

I'm down 8.5 pounds so far, a little slower than last couple of times but I'm happy. Tomorrow is day 7 for us, we are doing awesome!!!!

I'm also looking at going vegan too, can't wait to eat healthy :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:04 pm 

Wow pizza and breadsticks smell amazing, especially when you are on the cleanse. Good for you that you just kept sipping your lemonade. You are so strong!! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Had a similar episode at work---they provided lunch with my favorite sandwiches. I tried to be late to conference but the sandwiches were still there. Thankfully a co-worker had seconds and gobbled them up. But sometimes you are right, just smelling the food is enough to get the "fix."

Congrats on 8.5 lbs- that's really good. I'm not going to weigh myself until day 12...but my clothes feel a little looser.

Had enough lemonade today, it was a much better day. Made it thru day 7!!! We can do this!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:26 pm 

Made it through Day 8...went to work, grocery store and cooked dinner. It was kind of fun cooking something with just my sense of smell and not eating it. So thankful to have made it through day 8!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:51 pm 

Hi my lemonade buddy, I'm still here staying strong. It's so nice when you can cook and serve family food with no cravings. I ran out of cayenne and bought some new stuff, it's killer spicy. Wow!!!

Just wanted to wish you a wonderful weekend. My husband is inviting one of his annoying friends over tonight, he actually won a million dollar lottery 2 weeks ago. So should be fun to deal with him more now, not. lol. I'm craving a drink. He he But we will stay strong, tomorrow is our day 10, Congratulations!!!! Whoo hoo!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:55 pm 

Yeah! Made it to day 10! This is so exciting! Had a ton of energy and did hot yoga in the morning and then went shopping for home goods. Then felt really tired in the afternoon. Had an additional glass of lemonade and perked up.

That's crazy that you know someone who won the lottery. Hope he wasn't too obnoxious. But maybe it got your mind off the cleanse :D

We are doing good. Though some people can get off the cleanse after day 10, my body doesn't feel ready. My tongue is still super coated but is starting to clear out from the outside in. How long does it take for your tongue to get pink?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:05 am 

Congratulations! I'm super inspired by all the posts, as I'm starting the MC for the very first time tomorrow(!) Thanks for the little pointers, too!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:58 pm 

Made thru day 13! This was the first day that I weighed myself and was I kinda bummed by the number....I need to lose at least 10 more pounds. However, I never weighed myself prior to beginning the cleanse so can't really compare it to anything. At least my clothes feel looser.

Congrats to everyone who started their cleanse! Good luck! You can do it! Don't give up----its worth it.