[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - I can do this, I can do this

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: I can do this, I can do this
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:22 am 

Woke up feeling nervous about this whole….let’s call it an adventure, or an experiment. I like to eat. I really like to eat. Can I really make it 7 days without food? I’m whispering to myself - of course I can with hesitation in my voice. Right? Am I going to hate this drink and all bets are off because I can’t guzzle 60 ounces of nastiness every day? I don’t intend to cut out the coffee but I drink it black so that counts for something. That’s what I’m telling myself anyways. I tried to cut out coffee once before and had a debilitating headache by lunch time and I’m not up for that much torture this week. Isn’t starving myself enough? I also have mild IBS so I am not going to try the salt water drink or any laxative teas. My system cannot handle that kind of treatment and I’m easing myself into this cleanse. If by some wild chance I make it through seven days (yes I can, yes I can) and want to try another cleanse someday, I will up the ante and try more of the other components to this cleanse. But one baby step at a time right now.

I will admit that my main reason for trying the Master Cleanse is for weight loss. I need to get my eating habits back under control, cut back on the carbs, cheese, and wine so I’m hoping that a cleanse will give me the platform for a new start. Sure, I also love the idea that I might experience more energy, and brighter eyes and skin, but to be honest, I am seriously imagining myself dragging from lack of energy and hitting the bed early to avoid watching everyone in my house eating.

I’m the kind of person who needs instant gratification and I am excited to see some quick results. That will keep me motivated and on track. I think once I’m a day or two into this, I will gain more willpower. I take a lot of vitamins and supplements and I intend to keep taking those to keep up my energy and to supplement the loss of real fruits and vegetables.

I’ve been trying to read everything I can online and I was desperately searching for blogs of people who went through, or are going through the Master Cleanse. I like reading about how other people are doing and what experiences they have had with it and I'd love to get feedback or hear what's worked for other people or what I might be doing wrong.

Just had my first cup of the lemonade drink and I will definitely have to tweak it a bit. The cayenne is very overpowering and burned my throat. I thought that it was the sourness of the lemons but it’s really the cayenne. It’s surprisingly not that bad. But not wonderful either. Tolerable.

Okay, my throat and insides are on fire. I drink a cup full really quickly and then sit here with a burning sensation. Oh man, tomorrow’s batch has to be better.

SW - 143.5
GW - 125

Post subject: Re: I can do this, I can do this
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:55 pm 

You CAN totally do this. Try experimenting with different levels of the cayenne pepper. I find that I like mine with a little bit of bite to it to keep it interesting. Sometimes I make my lemonade and then add more water to it to make it last longer or to weaken it a bit. It's up to you.

I completely relate to your motivation to doing this cleanse. I also feel like I am looking for that immediate gratification. I sometimes have the 'rip it off like a bandaid' mentality to weight loss. Yes, I know that this cleanse may be really difficult at times but I need to do this in order to get rid of my cravings and get my eating and mindset back to a healthier place.

I'm on day 2 right now and am feeling pretty great at the moment. I've had a busy day so I haven't had much time to think about food. I wasn't planning on having coffee but I gave in today and have had 2 cups so far. I look forward to hearing your progress!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:41 am 

Thanks for the encouragement, Joyful! I have to admit, I cheated a little last night. When I got home and smelled food cooking, my willpower went out the window. I had a small snack to get me over the hump and the good news is, I still lost 1.5 pounds and I'm back on track this morning. It's a new day!

SW - 143.5
CW - 142.0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:19 am 

Day Two turned out to be much easier, so far. I feel pretty good, excited to have lost a little weight, and refreshed. I also did an infrared sauna today and spent the remainder of my afternoon feeling absolutely glowing. Not sure if it's the combination of the MC and the sauna or one in particular but I feel really good today. I also added more water to the lemonade which cut down on the cayenne taste and the lemonade is much more tolerable now!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:14 pm 

I'm right behind ya.. Starting Friday. Good luck!!
Hope we all reach our goals for the cleanse and beyond.

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:13 am 

Good luck, Maile! I intend to go until Easter and have dinner with my family and start right back up again on Monday. I feel really good and motivated to keep going. Keep me posted on your progress!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:32 pm 

How are you doing? I'm just wrapping up day 1 and so far so good!

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:25 am 

Had a big dinner yesterday for the holiday but as of yesterday morning I was down 5 pounds. I made a big batch of lemonade this morning and am back at it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:45 pm 

Hi! Just checking in to see how it was going since you restarted the cleanse.. I'm just wrapping up day 5. Hope all is well!