[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - My First Master Cleanse..

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: My First Master Cleanse..
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:47 pm 

I'm easing in right now and will start Friday 3/25th. I am doing this for several reasons..
I have already started the process towards better health. After hurting my lower back three years ago I could no longer do most workouts and had to several series of high dose steroids to avoid surgery. In two years I gained 50 pounds. Yikes! So last year I got a Fitbit and started walking and cleaning up my diet.. Then I cut most grains and eventually added intermittent fasting. I lost 46 pounds but then plateaued. I then had my labs done and all of my levels are great except my LDL..
I'd like to clean my system with this cleanse and kick my terrible habit of coke zero. hopefully I'll lose the last 5-10 pounds. My mom is taking me to Maui for a mother daughter trip as reward for losing the weight. I'd like to fit in my skinny clothes. I've never been to Hawaii or taken a vacation without my husband and children. My husband leaves Sunday morning for work for a week so he'll miss the hardest part of the cleanse coming back on day 10. Hopefully I adapt quickly since I already have experience intermittent fasting and I love it! Aiming for a minimum 10 days but open to going 25 days.. That will leave me 6 days to ease out before my trip.. Any words of wisdom?
SW: 139 (down from 185 since 5/11/15)
GW: 129

[/url]

Post subject: Re: My First Master Cleanse..
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:13 am 

Day 1:
So I woke up extra early and took my salt water flush at 5:30am since it's my late start day at work and don't go in until 9am... Hopefully done flushing by then! I've squeezed my lemons and prepped two jars with the lemonade for 8 servings for today. Decided to start with 8 but could make more if needed. The cayenne I'll add when time to drink.
Was worried I wouldn't flush and felt like I was so dehydrated and just chugged a ton of water... Ok feel much better now!

Super excited about this process! Yes I'd like to lose some weight but cleaning the toxins out and resetting my system is important and finally kicking the diet soda! I had a mild panic attack this morning thinking of my beloved diet dr pepper but luckily I got over it...

I'll check back in later..
Happy Friday everyone!

It's evening now and still doing well. Love the lemonade! The only downside it the headache from caffeine withdrawal but it is to be expected. I just take comfort in the knowledge that I'm flushing the toxins out! Aspartame is scary and I have been consuming way to much!
Will be going to bed soon so better go make my tea...

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:47 am 

Day 2:
I have a constant headache from caffeine withdrawals.. Could be worse. As I have been practicing intermittent fasting for 6 months the lack of food isn't a problem...yet. I quite enjoy the spicy lemonade. I have decided not to flush today as we have a full day today.. Kids keep me running. My father in law is having a big birthday bash...which I forgot about.

Will be waiting until day 4 to weigh in.. Don't want to get discouraged if not seeing a change on the scale. I am doing this cleanse for health reasons primarily but breaking my plateau would be GREAT!

Ok...it's been a difficult day. My head is killing me! Serious pain here.. Haven't done much because my headache.. Kids are sweet about it and hubby took over running them around.. Since he leaves tomorrow for a week I hope my head improves.

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:14 am 

Day 3:
8am and just drank salt water flush and promptly it came back up... Should I mix another batch and try again? Not sure I can do it.. I guess I'll wait an hour to see if it takes first. On a positive note my headache is significantly improved!

12:00 So since not all my flush stayed down I decided to take a second 1/2 flush about half an hour later and all went well. It's been a challenging day being Easter... Last week Before I began the cleanse I had a couple peeps, handful of jelly beans, and a Cadbury egg.. Just to remind myself I really don't like all that sugar. That makes it easier to stay away from the kids Easter baskets! The family potluck in an hour at my in laws will be interesting.. I'm making more lemonade to take. My hubby flew off to San Diego for the week and I'll miss him but it will be easier on my cleanse... He tends to sabotage me because he prefers me chubby and thinks I need to put on ten pounds.. Sweet but not helpful.

8:15 pm Well Easter dinner with the in-laws was fun but challenging. I made it thru but grandmas pineapple upside-down cake was hard to resist! My headache is very mild and I'm hoping it will be gone by tomorrow. I'll weigh in tomorrow and hoping to see some movement on the scale.. Goodnight!

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:56 am 

Day 4:
11:00am I feel terrible! Everything aches.. All my muscles are sore especially my lower back! Still like the lemonade but this is not fun. I know this is suppose to happen but was so focused on headache I forgot. The headache is throbbing again. I hate this but know it needs to happen to get rid of all the toxins in my body.
On a positive note I've lost 3 pounds! Yay! I've been plateaued for a couple months so this is fantastic! I'll just keep going for being healthier is the goal.
I actually went into a closet curled up in a ball and cried at work... Can't wait to get all this toxic junk out of my body! I'm guessing it's mainly the caffeine and aspartame... I swear if I make it thru this I will never have another diet soda again! My head feels like it's gripped in a vice.. No hunger today but can hardly think past the throbbing in my head! I'm so glad my husband isn't here for this!!

Getting ready to drink my tea then sleep off this headache. Goodnight all!
5/15: 185
SW: 139
CW: 136
GW: 129-134

Last edited by Maile on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:39 pm 

Hi Maile,

So awesome getting to day 4! it will get easier very soon. its usually that first week that is so hard, if you can make it past day 7, you will stop feeling hungry, your energy will increase. The smell of food wont be so nice, because you will smell all the oil and it just smells heavy.

I am nearing the end of day one so i am right behind you! keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:02 pm 

Day 5:
Yay my headache is so much better! My muscle aches are also easing... Never hungry and had tons of energy today... Hope this lasts!!! I am planning on going 10 days but will extend if tongue is still white.
As I have been changing my lifestyle since mid may of 2015 I had already lost the majority of my excess weight= 46 pounds. I don't have much left to lose but plateaued just short of my goal. My end goal is flexible as it's more about how my "skinny" clothes fit then a particular weight. I think on the cleanse a loss of 5-10 pounds ideal. Keeping in mind my loss will not be much I've decided to weigh on day 4,7,&10.
Overall pretty happy with how things are progressing... Will see what tomorrow brings.
HAPPY CLEANSING!

MC SW: 139
Day 4: 136

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:07 am 

Day 6:
Noon.. Doing pretty good today. A little tired with a slight headache and mild muscle pain. Overall not bad but not the energy level I enjoyed yesterday. I have had no cravings for food so that has yet to be a issue. Can't believe I'm already over halfway done.. Maybe. I am totally open to extending the cleanse if needed. Guess we will see. Happy Cleansing everyone! I'll check back in tonight.
10pm Day went pretty smooth.. Realized after making the kids grilled cheese sandwiches that it never even crossed my mind to take a bite. Haven't been missing food at all and feel I could do this for awhile. My hubby is coming back early from his work trip so we'll see. I'm determined to do 10 days minimum but I know he will make a fuss. He doesn't want me to lose weight and also worries that it's not good for me. I explained about the benefits of detoxing but he doesn't get it. Actually 2 of our good friends do this at once a year and swear by it but he just worries... Not sure how he'll react when he realizes I'm thinking of going up to 25 days. Ok I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it. Maybe my tongue will turn pink for 24 hours by day 10.
Well goodnight everyone. Hope your cleansing is going well.. Time to drink my tea and hit the sack.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:07 pm 

Day 7: So last night made my tea and fell asleep while it steeped. Woke up a 2am and decided to drink it cold. Didn't fall back asleep until 3 AM… So of course I slept in and didn't have time to do the salt water flush before work. Anyways things went pretty well...crazy busy at work so day just flew by..I'm still not having any hunger issues. The cleanse is going pretty smooth now that the headaches have pretty much gone away. Weighed myself today and I've lost one more pound… And that may not seem like much to you guys but since I'm only looking at losing my last bit of weight I'm pretty happy with that. More happy about Being able to go seven full days without any diet soda… Feeling pretty good. :D
Time is just flying by… Can't believe this is day seven already. I may become a regular cleanser doing this couple times a year if it finishes smoothly.
Hope all is going well with everyone who's Cleansing right now… Be strong you can do this!

MC SW:139
Day 7: 135

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:05 pm 

Day 8: TGIF! Crazy busy work week and I'm glad it's over..
The cleanse is going great! Happy with how I feel... Good energy. Have had some mucus draining from sinuses... Yuck. Expected it in BM which I've seen but didn't think of nasal drainage. I also had a small pimple today. And My tongue is still pretty white :( I really want to keep cleansing until it's pink for 24 hours but I have a 25 day max to give myself time to ease out before trip to Hawaii...I was hoping 10 days would do it. Will just wait and see.
I pick my hubby up tomorrow!!! Back early but I've missed him so glad he's coming home but hope I can get him to support me on this cleanse.. He knows I started before he left but I don't know how he will feel about extending it..
Might crash early tonight so better get to making my tea. Goodnight.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:08 pm 

Day 9: 3pm Well everything is going smooth at this point. I did have to get up early and run to the store for more lemons as I forgot to yesterday. Then I flushed... Which I still hate! Hard to get down but it does work. I'm usually only getting 6 serving of LA per day. I just made three servings to take with me when I go pick up my hubby at the airport... All in all I should be gone 5 hours... Of coarse it is sunny and beautiful and would much rather go for a hike but hopefully this weather will hold for another day. Will check back in tonight. Happy Cleansing!

8:45pm Day went well... Picked up my hubby and he was surprised I was still cleansing. I explained the health benefits of detoxing and how I was going to keep going as I feel great and have plenty of energy. He isn't thrilled but trusts me not to hurt myself. So I will be going beyond 10 days unless my tongue goes pink tonight. Is it weird that I'm excited about continuing? It's freeing not to focus on food. I feel great!

Hope everyone is having a successful journey. Happy Cleansing!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:07 am 

Day 10!!!!!
Noon: Made it! Yay!! Still going strong. Will be continuing on. I'm not sure how long just going to continue as long as I feel it's right. If I go 21 days that gives me 10 days to ease out.. Is that enough time? I want to be fully adjusted before flying out to Maui. Any words of wisdom from experienced cleansers?
I had planned to weigh in today but as I use my office (medical) scale I will wait until tomorrow. Energy is good, no food cravings, tongue is white.
Weather is beautiful so going to out for a hike before the rains return.
Happy Cleansing!
9:00pm: Never got to hike because I figured I should get some yard work done while the weather is nice. Day went well and weeded my vegetable garden beds and planted my peas. The days have gone pretty smooth after day 4... My craving for a diet soda hits me occasionally but I think that more the habit. My energy levels are good and feel as if I could go on for a long time but husband is making noises of disapproval. I'm going to try for 14 days as a compromise (unless I can get away with 21). He is just protective of me and his concern comes from a place of love so It's ok... Especially if my detox is complete. I'm guessing I'll be in my goal range..hopefully tomorrow. As I was mainly doing this to cleanse my system the weight loss was a side benefit to lose the last bit. As of day 7 I had lost 4 pounds which makes my total loss over the last 10 months 50 pounds! I'm at a healthy bmi! After the ease out phase I plan to return to the intermittent fasting lifestyle which I just love and find easy to maintain. I have found that a "diet" for me produces temporary results but lifestyle changes are easier to maintain long term.
I'll check in tomorrow with my weigh in results. I hope all is going well with my fellow cleansers!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:00 pm 

Day 11!
9:00 pm busy day very hectic... Not drinking enough LA. Trying to finish 6th now. Not hungry but getting pressured to halt cleanse... I am thin now and the cleanse seems to have made a difference if only a few pounds.. But they were the last few pounds I needed to drop. I really think this is my ideal weight 133-136. 129 might be to thin considering my muscle and build. So I may up maple syrup to keep from losing anymore... Really hoping to get to day 14 but may succumb to family and friends. Hate having to justify the cleanse. It's healthy to detox your body and I have kicked the diet soda habit and I feel great! :lol: Really wanted the pink tongue before stopping....

May 2015: 185
Cleanse SW: 139
Day 4: 136
Day 7: 135
Day 11: 133.4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:32 pm 

Day 12:
8:30pm... Great day! Energy high, no food cravings, no body aches. My tongue is turning pink! Yay! Looking to end this first cleanse on day 14. Wanted to go longer but feel this is fine.. For harmony in my home I'll start easing out Friday. I have to say The only thing I won't miss is the salt water flush! Some people say it gets easier... Not for me!!!
Happy Cleansing!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:19 pm 

Day 13:
Well another day down and debating wether to end today or tomorrow... Orange juice sounds good. Think I'll go one more day... Have oranges already in case in change my mind. My tongue is pink... Overall good experience but tough with people in my life giving me a hard time. Will weigh in with final stats when I finish up.
Happy Cleansing!