Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Quarterly Cleanse
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:27 am 

DAY ONE
Monday, May 9, 2016

I'm soooo excited to begin a new cleanse today! I've been putting a lot of thought into it this past week, and have really geared myself up for it. I've probably done the Master Cleanse @4-5 times now, each one with great results. It is, however, a difficult thing to do, and it takes a lot of willpower. There are so many different stages of it, physically and mentally. Some are easier than others, and it helps me tremendously to have a place to journal the good and the bad, so I'm thankful I can turn to this forum as a wonderful resource for that.

I'm setting my goal at one week.

I began with the laxative tea last night and the salt-water flush this morning. Still waiting on those two to kick in. I work 2nd shift, so I'm fortunate that I don't have to leave for work until 1:00 in the afternoon, and I have time to devote to "that". Is anybody else beginning a cleanse this week??

PROS: Energetic, excited to begin!!
CONS: None yet

SW: 134
CW: 134
GW: 120

Post subject: Re: Quarterly Cleanse
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:39 am 

Hi Birdy!

Today is my second day. We have the same starting weight! :)

This is my seventh (?) cleanse. I do them about once a year. This is a rough time of year for me to start because it's so busy at work, but I wanted to do it before the summer. I usually do about 10 days, but a few times I went to 14 days. I'd love to go longer this time. How long do you usually do them?

Warm wishes to you!

~Lauren

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:21 pm 

Best of luck to both of you. I'll be following.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:24 am 

DAY TWO
Tuesday

H E A D A C H E ! And it's a doozy… wow! It began yesterday evening at work, but this morning it's a whopper and I'm still trying to get it under control.

I'm curious to see if your body goes into ketosis during this cleanse. I got some keto sticks and tried one this morning, but so far, it's negative.

I'm one pound down this morning! I'm hoping I can get in some workouts while I'm on this cleanse. In the past, I haven't had the energy for them, but hopefully this time around I can muster at least a few in there. I've been training for a hike in Canada in August, so I really don't want to lose the muscle, strength, and endurance I've accumulated.

I came across a quote this morning… "Once you control your mind, you can conquer your body."

PROS: 1 lb down!
CONS: Headache

CW: 133

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:43 am 

That's a really interesting question Birdy1. I've been wanting to get a glucometer or ketostix as well, but I imagine the body HAS to go into ketosis pretty quickly in this fast, or else we would be dead pretty quickly. I end up having like 260-300g of carbs a day on this diet(maple syrup), so we're breaking all rules of nutritional ketosis, but perhaps because of the calorie deficit, we either stay in, or jump back to keto really, really quickly.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:28 am 

DAY THREE
Wednesday

Another pound down, for a total of 2!

I feel soooooo much better this morning than yesterday morning. That headache yesterday was a monster!! By afternoon I felt better, though, and I also had much more energy last night at work than the previous night.

I noticed on the first day that my cravings were so much worse than yesterday. The first day I smelled and craved absolutely everything that I saw. But as the cleanse progresses, the lemonade is becoming the "new norm", and even though food is still all around me, it seems like something I consumed a long time ago… like a memory. Last night in the cafeteria, I was sitting there with my jug of lemonade and the guy across from me was eating pizza, the gal across from me was eating a bacon cheeseburger and fries, and the gal to the right of me was eating pork tacos. I see it, I smell it, but I don't really want it. I just tell myself I can't have it right now, and in my mind, I'm OK with that. Food is simply not an option right now. I feel strong that way.

Tried the keto sticks again this morning, but still negative.

Quote for the day: "Don't be upset by the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do."

CW: 132

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:06 am 

DAY FOUR
Thursday

Another pound down! For a total of 3. Slow and steady I suppose.

I've been trying to consume at least 9 glasses of lemonade/day, but I've barely been finishing 7. I'm simply not "hungry". It's not that I dislike the taste of the lemonade, but every time I turn around it's time for another glass. Add to that the glasses of water and I feel like I'm gonna float away.

Since I've been off of coffee, I've been whitening my teeth this week. Hey… added bonus!

I have tomorrow off, so I'm planning to go for a nice run. I'm hoping for some high energy tomorrow. Maybe I'll finally get in those 9 glasses!

I'm happy to see so many people are cleansing this week, and also that everyone's staying strong and into the cleanse!! Happy cleansing everybody!!

Today's quote: "I want to see what happens if I don't give up."

CW: 131

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:41 pm 

Today's quote: "I want to see what happens if I don't give up."

Wow.. Amazing quote, thank you so much for sharing Birday1. I hope you have great day.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:31 am 

DAY FIVE
Friday

Another pound down, for a total of 4!!

I noticed yesterday how soft my skin is! My face complexion has really improved! I love it!!

I have the day off today, and I plan to spend as much of it outdoors as possible! It's a beautiful day here in Illinois. Going for a run as soon as my SWF stops working, ha. Shopping for flowers and getting them all planted. Making a nice ham supper for my husband.

Still feeling strong with the cleanse. And still having trouble drinking my quota. Yesterday I only had 6 glasses. I know it's not enough. I'll try harder today; since I'm home it should be easier. Maybe this evening I'll try putting some vodka in it. That ought to help me get a few more down! Just kidding… JUST KIDDING!! Well, maybe….

PROS: Feeling strong!
CONS: Can't seem to drink enough

Quote of the day: "It's a slow process. Don't make it slower by quitting."

CW: 130

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:45 am 

It's really great to hear your progress! I'm on day 6, and down 5 pounds. I have been sleeping really well, but a little low on energy. Best wishes to all of you!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:33 am 

Super job MrFussbudget!! How long are you cleansing for? I thought I'd do 7 days, but I think I'll increase it to 10.

Birdy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:05 am 

DAY SIX
Saturday

2 more pounds down! That makes a total of 6!! Woohoo! That's the first time I've seen a double on the scale this cleanse!!

Feeling pretty good. I'm a little sluggish, but it's my own fault for not drinking enough. At work whenever I get mentally foggy, it's my trigger to drink another glass or two. It seems to help within minutes!

Originally, I had planned for a 7-day cleanse, which would end tomorrow; however, I've decided to go for 10 days instead. I'm really not ready to let go of the cleanse just yet. In addition, I don't really have a solid diet plan lined out for after the cleanse. What's everybody else doing? I like the Atkins diet, but it seems like a harsh way to introduce my body back to food (I picture a plateful of sausages). I need a bridge. Maybe I'll make a healthy vegetable soup and do that for a few days, and then go into a healthy Atkins version?

Today's quote: "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up."

CW: 128

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:09 am 

Sounds like you are doing great, birdy! I'm on day 7 and still around 130lbs. I feel really energetic and clear headed. I was planning on going 14 days, but it's always dependent on how I feel. Last year I did 14 days. Usually I do less. Maybe this is the year I'll do more? ;)

I'm a performer and I have a show on May 22, so I'm a little concerned to still be on the cleanse by then. The show isn't physically demanding, but it's vocally demanding and I worry about my singing stamina. I have a bunch of rehearsals this week, so maybe I can gauge how my voice is doing on the cleanse, and decide from there.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:23 am 

DAY SEVEN
Sunday

0 weight loss on the scale this morning. Still at 6 lbs down.

I've decided I'm going to make 10 days my limit, which will be Wednesday. I feel strong and I feel I could continue, but I'm concerned about the carbs I'm consuming on this cleanse. When I plug the numbers into my journal, it comes to 240/day for 10 glasses of juice. That an atrocious amount of sugar. And 296 carbs/day.

That being said, however, the cleanse is doing what I wanted it to…. it's rebooting my system, it's cleaning my body physically and mentally, it's making me re-think food, I've lost a few pounds, and now I'm excited to begin the next phase.

I've decided to do a keto/Atkins diet starting Thursday. I'll try and keep my carbs to 20 or less and fall into ketosis. There are so many good and tasty options for a low carb diet. I've been pinning recipes like crazy, ha! I will, however, begin with a healthy vegetable soup for a few days coming off this cleanse, so as to get my digestive system working again without taxing it too hard.

Anyway, 3 more days to go! Still feeling strong.

Today's quote: "Discipline is doing what you know needs to be done, even though you don't want to."

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:51 am 

DAY EIGHT
Monday

Well, I got a wild hair yesterday afternoon and finished the Master Cleanse and began a low-carb diet. I decided 7 days was probably enough to flush out the system and re-boot. Hopefully I'll be going into ketosis within the next 3-5 days. Going to try and keep carbs to 25 or less/day. (On the Master Cleanse it was @300 carbs/day.)

I know it seems like a sudden decision, but once I made the decision to begin the keto, or low-carb diet (thank you HealthOrDeath!!), I wanted to start right now, and when I looked at the carbs I was consuming, I didn't want to prolong my next step.

Even though I won't be doing the Master Cleanse anymore, I hope nobody minds if I keep posting my progress on this site, just for another couple weeks, until I reach my goal of 120. It really helps me to write things down and re-read them, and I feel like the Master Cleanse is a really big part of my weight loss journey. I feel like it kick-started it all, and this simply a continuation of that, but it's all part of one plan to reach my 120 pound goal in a healthful way.

Yesterday afternoon, I began drinking orange juice. For supper, I had orange juice and banana and an apple. They were the best thing I've ever eaten in my whole life!! OMG!! (A little dramatic maybe?)

I didn't do the SWF this morning, but still had a trip to the bathroom. That was a really good sign.

So, today starts the low-carb diet. I made a Cauliflower Chowder. It's basically potato soup, but with Cauliflower instead of the potatoes. Added a little bit of crispy bacon for smokiness and a handful of sharp cheddar for protein. I plan to eat it for a couple days since it's all basically all veggies, because I thought it would be nice and easy on the digestive system while I'm transitioning back to real food. Also adding low-carb protein shakes and celery/cream cheese. Adds up to 1,050 calories and 23 grams of carbs for the day.

No weight loss today. I realize I may gain a few pounds during the transition to food, but hopefully it won't be too many!! I won't post any further "food" descriptions after today, because I think it's a little cruel to describe food in detail for all of you who are still cleansing, but I thought it was important to describe the way that I'm sidestepping from the Master Cleans to real food. We all know you have to do that gradually.