Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: I WILL start my cleanse tomorrow!
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:58 am 

I have completed the Master Cleanse around 5 times now and had many false starts in between. The first time I done the cleanse was Feb 2009 and my last May 2015. My first cleanse was a big success and I lost 20lb, lost a further 8lb post cleanse to reach 118lb and maintained it with a very healthy life style. Fast forward to today and I'm back to 156lb!
I promised myself that I would start a cleanse 1st Jan and here I am, still not started!
I always find day one the hardest because I start thinking of all the food I like and then start arguing with myself that I could just make sure I eat healthy food - it never happens. I'm quite competetive with myself and once I'm past day one then there's no way I'd quit and let myself down, I know how hard it is to get over the hump and wouldn't waste that effort.
My reasons for this cleanse are to lose weight - especially now that the weather is getting hotter! I hate waking up and worrying about what I'm going to wear and what will cover up what and then feeling self concious all day. Oh, and the clothes that I do own are all a bit too tight now.
And secondly - to detox. I am sluggish, my skin is dull, I keep getting breakouts, I have been enjoying far too much wine (still celebrating Xmas), eating too much chocolate, blah blah blah. Just want to clear all the toxins out, start afresh.
I'm also a bit of a binge eater so want to reset my mind. I find that I feel so strong when I cleanse, just knowing how much I can achieve if I set my mind to it. The last couple of times although I completed the 10 days, I know they weren't truly successful as by day 8 I was looking forward to it ending so that I can eat and have a glass of wine! This time, I am hoping to go further than the 10 days, I'm going to take each day as it comes and stop when I feel that I cannot squeeze one more day out of myself and that I actually WANT to be clean living after.
I really really hope that I will be writing on here tomorrow night that I am going to bed after completing day one....

Post subject: Re: I WILL start my cleanse tomorrow!
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:51 pm 

You can do it Laura!

I'm on Day 25. I've lost 20 pounds. Today a Valentino jacket I have had for 10 years in my closet fit me. You are right that the first day is the hardest .. but you can do it. I pretty much locked myself in at night for the first few days. Kept busy, made lists.

Post subject: Re: I WILL start my cleanse tomorrow!
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:06 am 

Well, it's official - My will power is zero!! Day one, first thing in the morning and instead of having a Laxitee and making the mix, I opted for a black coffee! It's definitely my biggest weak spot when it comes to starting the cleanse, I have a restless sleep, wake up still tired (probably a result of my bad diet etc) and the first thing I think of is strong black coffee to get me going!
I use the pods and have a pack left, maybe I should give them away so they're not in the house and not a temptation.
I don't do the salt water flush during the cleanse, I have the tea am and pm. On my first cleanse, I done the SWF for every day for the first week and it never worked!! Everything went in but nothing came out lol. I just ended up with a bloated belly! I tried adjusting the amount of salt as I read to do but still it didn't work. Once I switched to the tea twice a day then the weight started dropping off faster.
I am working today. I work in retail so I'm constantly on my feet and won't be able to sit around eating so atleast that's something. I'm just going to have to face my own failure today, put it to one side and do my best to try again tomorrow.